GUESS WHAT?! ...I'm joining.
Character Name: Nightkeeper.
Character Birthdate: Erm. January 16, 2011.
Species: Canine, wolf.
Is your character a Luperci?: Yesh.
How you found 'Souls?: I was bored and needed some inspiration for a story plot and generally role-playing forums spark my imagination (not the site itself but if something happens in topic and gives me an idea I use it. I don't steal the sites' plot lines I promise :O) sooooo... It was one of the first links on my Google search, let's just say, and it sounded interesting. Smile
Are you joining a pack?: CD
If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?: Hmm... IC.
Profile or three writing examples: (Link to your character's profile OR embed three role-playing examples. REMEMBER: the Appearance, Biography, and Personality sections should be 200+ words. If you opt to provide role-play samples, they should be 200+ words.)

(Because I don't have everything out on my profile yet so I'll just do it here.)
Appearance: Nightkeeper is mainly dark grey, almost black. She has electric blue wing 'tattoos,' or dye, (though she likes to think of them as tattoos) on her back; designs that look like folded wings, the feathers stretched from her shoulders to almost touching the base of her tail. Her eyes are the normal dark gold, with a few small green flecks, and she has two piercings in her left ear through which a little silver snake coils twice through. In her right ear she has one piercing, lower near the base of her ear, in which hangs a little silver loop embedded with a tiny electric blue stone. Her coat is almost one solid color, with a gradient effect where the hairs lighten at the roots around her neck and shoulders. Winding up her right foreleg (because she's left handed/pawed) is what once was a scar, but was modified into a tattoo of barbed wire intertwined with a thorned rose stem, tipped off with a small half-blossomed black rose about an inch below her elbow. She did it herself when that leg got caught in a barbed wire fence, through which was tangled a rose bush; the sharp kind, not the pretty kind.

Personality: You could say... Temperamentally challenged. She has a very short attention span, but at the same time she acts very apathetic as if most of the world holds no interest to her. She's brutally honest in some cases, and in others she lies as easily as if she doesn't need think about it. In short, you could call her in some ways bipolar. She's loyal when she wants to be, and deceptive when she really, really wants to be. While she doesn't mean to, she can be very rude, a side-effect of her issue with not bothering to sugar-coat things. And the temper problem. For Nightkeeper, you either say things the way they are, or lie about the whole damn thing instead of trying to make it sound better than it is. For example, you could tell her that the dye on her back is smudging and looks way too much like a certain male organ to go without washing it off, or you could say, 'wow, you're wings look perfectly fine, so you should go strutting around showing them off for the world to see!' Either way, she'll get the point and fix it. 'You're dye is smudging, but it's not that bad, it's just a little funny looking,' will get you a good smack to the muzzle for assuming she would take offense and having your plan backfire completely.

Biography: Alright. I'm not going to post some sap story about the rest of her family either being abusive or all dying in a totally unexpected and completely destructive-but-somehow-miraculously-missing-the-one-lucky-pup forest fire. To be quite honest, Nightkeeper had a very normal family. She wasn't the runt. In fact, she was the one who her parents were convinced was going to make a great alpha female in a feral pack one day. But guess what? Like most rebellious teenagers, Nightkeeper didn't want what her parents expected of her. In fact, she didn't want to listen to anybody's rules or anybody's praise or anybody's rewards. (Yes. This is totally a wolf version of OOC yours truly.) She started to be bothered and unnerved by her parents constantly looking down on her runt brother, Shadeweaver, and began to pull away from the pack. She wanted to take Shadeweaver and run away, to someplace where he wouldn't be the runt and she wouldn't be the example. Unfortunately, before she follow through with the entire plan, her brother and father managed to get into a brutal argument and were consumed by the raw feral instinct to kill whatever is in your way. Guess who didn't make it out of that one? Immediately after Nightkeeper's brother's death, she tore free of her family's chains and started her life as a loner. She suspects that she broke her parents' hearts in her escape, but she doesn't blame herself, due to the fact that neither of them were fazed by her brother when he died.

Role-play Sample: (BECAUSE I AM FEELING AWESOME!! Not really... I just had a lot of caffeine about five minutes ago.) The forest was quiet, save for the conversations of a few crickets that rang through the darkness. Nightkeeper's dark golden eyes surveyed the surrounding trees, while the night pressed upon her almost-black fur. She sat simply in a small clearing among the foliage; her eyes reflected the calm nothingness that floated through her mind like the deepest part in a pool of water. She wasn't here to hunt. Nightkeeper was here to lose herself to the night, to let it snatch away all of her troubles and let her pretend not to exist. The she-wolf ignored the beckoning scent of a reasonably close doe and her two fawns. She was downwind, anyway. Stalking them wouldn't do her any good. She listened with amusement as a faint breeze enveloped and passed her; the deer caught the scent and with a small crashing of leaves were out of her earshot again. Nightkeeper sighed and blinked, watching the barely-noticeable shadows grow more distinct as the moon's glow intensified in its last struggle to light the night-bathed earth before sinking below the horizon, surrendering to the sun again.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...
  • ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.
Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! The Mentors can assist you with writing, roleplaying, and understanding 'Souls concepts. Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.