weird question
I'm not sure if such a thing is even possible, but is there a code one could program directly into a table that counts the words?
Can't answer your question but that would be cool. *Is useless*
If it is possible, it would require scripting. And even then, it'd get pretty complicated making it "know" not to count any HTML/CSS/code/whatever as opposed to actual words. So hypothetically, yes, but I don't think you could implement it on the forum and it'd be hella complex XD
Like Zero says, that'd require embedding or scripting - neither of which are enabled on this forum.

You'd probably also drown in the code and be completely unable to find your post in there. Word counting programs/scripts are (believe it or not) made from pretty complex code, so my guess is that even if it did exist it'd be seriously inaccurate if made usable for forum posts Sad

An awesome idea, though, for shore! I am still sad that I cannot embed nyancat on neverending repeat circle of doom on Dawali's profile, but there ya go :p
QUOTE (Dawali Amara @ Oct 17 2011, 10:35 AM)
I cannot embed nyancat on neverending repeat circle of doom on Dawali's profile, but there ya go :p[/quote]
Gen totally did this on one of her profiles, though. Found a background gif that looped and made that part of her skin for a few days XDD.

But. Yeah coding that would... well, not be fun :| It takes no time at all though to copy your post and put it in Word/Open Office or something. And there's always the 'Check Post Length' at the bottom of the post box to check your character length, which you could use before you put any of your tables in ;o
http://www.wordcounttool.com like awesome
'Souls has its own word count now. It came out in July: Here
Moving to Questions and Help.

Essentially, yuh - too complex to add on the forum. I recommend the counter Katie D. posted, or the 'Souls counter. c: