don't say goodbye
300+[html]

set oct 2nd after the pack meeting. Hope you don't mind just jumping straight into it <3

Once the meeting had come to a close and the pack members had begun to disperse Anann approached Vigilante requesting to speak with him privately for a moment. Even though she realized that it was not the best of times to spring the news, Anann no longer wanted to carry the burden of leaving it unspoken. Strelein had already been made aware of her plans, but she had asked the Dauphin to let her break the news of her coming departure herself. She respected Vigilante too much for him to have to hear the words from another and that was not the way she would have it. That was not to say that Anann was not nervous about the matter and she was concerned how he would react. It wasn’t as if he did already have enough on his plate, a growing family and war knocking at their very door that threatened the court’s very way of life.

Walking side by side, they traveled in silence as they made their way towards the King’s new residence, though their route was not the most direct. Anann could feel her nervous building as she waited until the others would be beyond the reach of their words. ”My lord, a few weeks ago I was visited by one of the warriors from Crimson Dreams, Jazper Knight. He is a friend of mine and he had come to tell me of the AniWayans and these supposed ’Guardians’.” They were a disgrace to the word, but that was not the point. ”He also said he wishes to start a pack. A pack to train warriors, to give the packs the defenses they need to stand against this sort of injustice. Last night proved we can’t take them on our own.” She gave him a moment to absorb the idea, her pace slowed and she came to a halt. She looked at the ground a moment before she looked straight into his vivid green eyes. ”He wants my help, sir.”

<style>
.anann-d22 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.anann-d22 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.anann-d22 b {color:#fbd9cd; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.anann-d22 {background-color:#a7b0b9; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15x1rpf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fbd9cd; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#656a6f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.anann-d22-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]table by Fy'ra
[html]

Sorry for the wait, love. <3

The meeting had not gone as well as it could have, but it was all he could have hoped for. The small band he had taken into the tribe's lands had not been entirely successful and that wore on him greatly. Many of his pack members supported what they had done, seemingly, and the coming troubles, for there surely would be some, but some had proclaimed a lack of support in what was happening in the usually peaceful kingdom. He had not expected full support, but it certainly meant something to him that so many were willing to fight not only for their pack, but also their allies.

He had agreed to walk with Anann alone so that should could speak with him, telling his family that he would be home later, after another round of checking the borders. He was tired and weary, but sleep could not come until much later for the King. He listened as she spoke, though he did not look at her until the last sentence, meeting her gaze. It had been quite some time since they had spoken seriously; Keese had been the subject, if he recalled correctly. That matter was at rest now, picked apart by gulls and scavengers.

Though she did not say it, Vigilante did not need to hear her confirm what he suspected was her meaning now. "You are going," he stated simply, knowing that she was and that he could not hold her back. He would miss her, though, greatly, and he wondered if she knew that already.

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The choice had not been an easy one to make; the right ones rarely were and Anann truly believed that in the large scope of things she was making the right decision. Though, that hardly made it easier when it came to breaking the news to those she had grown close to. It had been easier to speak to Strelein and Niro. Though the huntsman was a friend, they were not nearly as close. "Yes, and Anatoliy will be going with me, as well." She said gently, knowing that the truth of her words might be harsh enough. "But not until the troubles in AniWaya are no longer a threat." She was not as brash as to abandon the pack that had been her home for nearly two years in a time of war.

"It is not easy. The court has always been a good home. I have good friends here." Anann’s words were followed by a meaningful look to the king. She had always felt that Vigilante had understood her on a level beyond that of most. It seemed they were of a similar mind and morals. Words were seldom needed between them to get the deeper meaning across. "I hope this does not change things between us. You shall always have my respect, Vigilante." She hoped her choice to leave the pack would not cost her to lose her friends as well. On the most basic of levels of wolf social structure it was betrayal and she knew that. ”I hope that once Jazper and I form this new pack we can call Cour des Miracles our ally, but you need not give me an answer now.” It was only important that he knew her intentions.

<style>
.anann-d22 {background-color:#a7b0b9; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15x1rpf.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fbd9cd; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#656a6f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.anann-d22-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

He had not expected this to be something he would ever have to face. Certainly when he had taken up the throne in the absence of the old King, he had known there would be members who did not support it and those had left, just as members came and went on a normal basis. This, however, was different. Anann had supported his ascent to the throne and was perhaps one of the only wolves he had ever been able to call a friend. Alaine had been, as well, but now she was gone, and perhaps it was for the better that there be distance between the King and the ones he had come to consider friends. He had grown with the mindset that friends were not to be had, and he had grown lax in his time here.

As much as the thought of Anann leaving did bring him a type of sadness he had not known he was capable of now, Vigilante did not harbor bad feelings at that moment. He would miss having Anann as company, but perhaps they would not settle far and could still visit. "You have mine, always, as well," he responded, referring to respect of course. She was perhaps one of the most respectable wolves he had ever met. He was proud to call her a friend.

The King could say nothing as of now with regard to whether or not they could call their packs allies, for he knew nothing of Jazper (they had met once, but it was only in passing) and the pack they were forming. Instead, the mutt King smiled gently, his gaze on the ground before them as they walked. "I will miss you," he said, perhaps the most tender, warm thing he had ever allowed himself to speak to anyone but Ayita and their small family.

<style>
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wrap up?

It was still strange for her to think she was going to be uprooting her life for yet a second time. And in many ways Anann felt that the time was all wrong. She was just starting to get her life back into order after the chaos that Keese had brought down around her and now the war in the south. Yet, Anann knew that it was calling that she must answer, for she had been unable to turn a deaf ear upon it.

A soft smile pulled at her lips as Vigilante granted her peace of mind with his words towards their mutual respect. The dog king was one of the few that Anann looked up to. ”And I will miss you as well, but I will not have it be good-bye.” She said firmly and Vigilante was not the only one that would bring the amber woman back around to visit. ”At least I hope you don’t mind if I still visit.” She added in jest; confident that she would be more than welcome to visit her friends that remained in the Court. ”Besides, I still owe you.” Her tone had grown more solemn. He would probably argue that she owed him nothing, but Anann could not ignore that he had sullied his hands for her.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

sure c:

Of course she would still be able to visit. The King would never tell her that she couldn’t, and he rather hoped that she would, frequently. The golden-hued woman would be missed, but the more he thought of it now, the more his hardened mind decided that this was for the better. Distance should be kept between him and the ones he kept close, and he knew that if he voiced that, Anann would understand, even if she might not agree. “You’re always welcome here,” he said.

His mood darkened then, though his exterior did not show this. She owed him nothing for ending Keese’s life and reign of torment. Killing him was not something that Vigilante was proud of or enjoyed the thought of, but it was right, and it was necessary. “You owe me nothing,” he countered in an equally-solemn tone. He would never have asked her for retribution for that.

<style>
</style>
[/html]