Another Day, Another Ichikan
[html]
Words - 300+

There is no easier job than boarder patrol, or at least that is what Jaden often concluded while doing it. Simply walk around Ichika and mark the boarder where the scent may have faded. Of course, boarder patrol could be more invigorating. If a wolf seeking acceptance into Ichika appeared or if Jaden happened across a trouble making coyote needing a lesson in proper submissive conduct, then patrol duty would be entertaining. But, as of yet at least, nothing this exciting had happened. Only the occasional small prey animals ever seemed to venture near the boarder while Jaden was guarding it.

This day was dully similar to any other for the Shishen’s guard duty. Perhaps I just choose the boring days he pondered idly and padded along on four secui paws. Jaden wasn’t a little wolf by any means. With rich, tundra blood pulsing through his strong frame, he stood taller and stronger than most. Patrolling in his secui form simply stacked such an easily noticeable trait. His ebony and crimson fur was thick on most of his body and even thicker along his mane. What better way to represent the sound protection of Ichika no-Hoen than with this imposing form?

Something else equally as noticeable to any perceptive canine besides Jaden’s size was the silence to his step. Almost elegantly, the brute paced along and disturbed not one twig or dry leaf. The more than 200 lbs of muscle supported by his wide paws seemed to weigh nothing at all. The shadows cast by a falling sun seemed to swallow all but sparse patches of red on his belly, shoulders, and flanks. It was natural and trained. The silence of a hunter almost permanently present in his steps even when idly distracted with thoughts of boredom.

Jaden pressed on, making his round on the furthest southern pack boarders and headed toward the sea. Soon his mind lost its boredom and occupied itself with thoughts of hunting and responsibility. His young friend Verloren, too had some time and thoughts spent on her. He didn’t expect today to be any different than any other.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenzz p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenzz p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Here we are sorry about the wait.

In Character

The woman was eager to be out of the house since moving in with Noah had proven to be a chore with Amsi around. Rendall didn't like the cat nor did the cat like her. So naturally the pet would make it difficult for her to move in. The blue one grabbed one of her favorite cloaks and shifted into secui form. As Kenpo her duty was to patrol the area around Ichika and it was hard to do when you turned blue everytime you hit the sunlight.

The morning was crisp and clear as the Ichikan female took a deep breath and sighed with contentment. Yes today was a good day. She rubbed herself against the doorway so Noah would know she was out and about, and took off with speed into the forest. Ren learned at a young age that when your an unusual color you couldn't get close to prey without scaring it off. This is also true with intruders. So she made herself a pelt of different animal hides and became camoflauged. Another thing the smal female gained from this was speed. The faster you move, the less time the prey has to run.

Rendall came to the patrolling trail and decided to go ahead and trot around though she was sure someone else was patrolling today. Still, two was better than one, and the Kenpo needed out of the house. So she ran, finding quickly places that needed marking, marked them, and continued on with a quiet grace. Like many wolves who knew the area, she was able to know where to step so her paws made no noise. However, like all of those in the warrior ranks, she was good at it.

One thing the she-wolf wasn't always good at though was paying attention. Lucky she caught scent of the other Ichikan right before she bumped into him and was able to move out of the way of the bulky male. After taking a few deep breaths she chuckled and looked over at him "My dearest apologies...I knew someone was taking patroll but I didn't realize you would be this far along." She laughed and walked over to the male, rasing her tail in greetings. "Do forgive me. But I cant seem to recall your name...I'm Rendall!"

<style>
.rensdb-e05 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.rensdb-e05 b {color:#ffdd77;}
.rensdb-e05-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.rensdb-e05-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#bbaabb; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.rensdb-e05-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.rensdb-e05 {background-color:#999999; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TacbN.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbaabb; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffddaa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px 270px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Words – 400+

Luckily for the male, he was wrong indeed. Idol thoughts of Verloren came and passed before he was satisfied with the weeks plan for their training. His now unoccupied mind was filled with another female, one more friend than pupil. X’yin, the ‘nomad’ as she referred to herself, settled warmly into the secui’s thoughts as he padded along. More and more the woman invaded his mind. Their similarities were numerous and their time spent together seemed always fulfilling. The autumn hued woman was, by far, his favorite full grown wolf in all of Ichika. This admittance was a little embarrassing to admit. The two had only met a month or two ago! Oh, how the time since then had seemed to fly by. Jaden began to wonder when he would see her next. Hopefully tomorrow she would ambush him during his early morning training as she seemed to enjoy so much.

For a moment, Jaden glanced to his left. His eye had snagged on a rather breath taking tree with fiery leaves yet unclaimed by the fall snow or gravity. His mind was still occupying itself with X’yrin when he suddenly smelled, then felt another wolf bump into his shoulder. The Shishen jumped back in shock and a bark of surprise echoed from his maw. Heart racing, he eyed the other wolf as she began to apologize. Jaden hated being surprised and it often put him in a bad mood, but with the female’s honest apologies and odd appearance, his mood stayed warm while his heart calmed to a milder tone. Not to worry, he said after having to catch his breath as well. I started early because I like to take it a bit slower than some. He chuckled kindly. The other’s cloak caught his eye and he wondered why on earth someone would wear on while in their four legged forms. Then he noticed her black fur. Where the falling sun found her fur, and the spots were not numerous, the jet black seemed to have a tint of dark blue to it. What a beautiful color! Oh! I have heard of you. He thought back to a conversation he’d had with Nayru for details. Congratulations on your new mate ship. My name I Jaden Ohanzee. Namaste, The brute bowed his head in replacement of the regular optime hand gesture then glanced back over the other wolf’s shoulder. It seems you have finished the rest of my patrol… thank you. Jaden said this honestly but was unsure of what to do with the rest of his time. Maybe he would seek out X’yrin. Nothing out of the ordinary along the boarder, I presume?

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ren smiled, happy she didn't make the male angry by her carelessness. She quickly shifted into her optime form, nodding as she listened to his reasoning. As she rid herself of her cloak, allowing her full black and blue self to be seen, she turned curiously to the male. Aparently, Nayru had been spreading the word. She smiled and folded her cloak. "Oh you have, have you." She chuckled at her teasing and faced the male. She blushed alittle at the mention of her mateship to Noah. "Thank you, we're very happy, I can only hope that every wolf finds someone like he is to me." She dusted her legs off alittle and sat in the sun, welcoming the warm rays.

As such, her fur's highlights shown brightly, showing a brilliant blue rather than a black. She relaxed, knowing now that the rest of the patrol was clear, especially with the large male guarding it. "Namaste, I'm Rendall. It's such a pleasure to meet you!" She showed her enthusiasm by wagging her tail lightly and returning the bow that the male gave to her. She stretched her aching leg and wrapped the scarf that was around her neck around it so that she could hide the angry scar that claimed it. The cold had been giving her leg a fit but if she kept up with stretching it she would be able to work well with it come winter.

The kenpo smiled at the males thanks and nodded happily, making her black locks that fell all the way down to her tail shake and bounce. "Oh no problem! It was nice to get out of the house." And indeed it was. She liked meeting new people, and ever since her and Noah mated her depression left her, allowing her to feel better in general. The male asked if everything was alright and the woman nodded in return. "Nope everything is as it should be, peaceful." She was happy to report it, the Ichikans were a rather peaceful pack, not that they weren't ready should something happen, thats why they had wolves like Rendall and Jaden. Still she didn't like the idea of someone trying to do anything to her family.

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Words – 200+

Jaden followed the other’s change with his own. He knew some liked to converse in their two legged form more so then on four. Quickly, the large Secui shifted into a tall Optime, standing a little bit taller then his fellow female Envoy as she commented on her mateship.

Noah was kind. Jaden had had the pleasure of meeting that fellow not too long ago. Yes he was nice, but Jaden found that viewed him as weak. It was his nature to judge and the unfortunate stutter Noah carried was as much a sign of weakness as the limb he was missing. How the man had captured such a brilliant she-wolf to be his wasn’t easy to see, but that mattered little. As long as they were both happy Rendall could mate a coyote for all Jaden could say about it. Such were the ways of Ichika. I’m glad you are doing well and hopefully all Ichikan’s will be so lucky. The Shishen gave very little thought on the topic of his own happiness in mateship. More often then not thoughts of love led down paths of misplaced wonder and past hurt. It was simply easier to leave love and the happiness it brought to the other, seemingly weaker Ichikans. Weakness is all it would bring him anyway.

Quickly, Jaden tried to wean his mind from the judgmental state it found itself in and looked for topics of conversation. A peaceful boarder is as it should be but that still leaves me with a large amount of unused time. No doubt, you patrol just as often as I do? Have you found anything out of place or interesting along our wonderful boarders recently?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]