[J] finding freedom
[html]

::: word count:::Naniko and Rain Marks, around 8:00 pm, forward dated to Nov. 1st. I sent a PM to Ichika, Sam hasn't lost her Ichika titles yet...

Sam had been visiting her lover Rain Marks for a while, this was her big decision. She had chosen to leave Ichika no Ho-en for him, so she could be with him all of the time. She was sure that she liked Anathema, she had no dislikes or anything against the large pack. She shifted to Lupus and went back to the borders, where she was dubbed as a loner. She felt sorrow, she had to leave her friends in Ichika, but the young female was sure that she would make friends here. She stood and howled into the night. Her call cutting through the air and ringing through the surrounding trees, she felt a little shy, but how would she get anyone's attention, to tell them that she wanted to join them. Samantha sat down, still a little bit sad, but she was going to try again. To make a new home.  

She wanted to live here, would they accept an ex-Ichika canine? She had left her important things like her backpack and otter companion at Rain's place. She wondered how the little creature was doing, she was sure that Lua was in good hands. She had no worries right now, the ivory girl wasn't trespassing. If only someone came to see her...

table by cactus; code by the Mentors!

<style>
.samfirework { background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/ing17n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:470px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:357px 0px 10px 0px; color:#e2898a; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samfirework b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.samfirework p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samfirework p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samfirework .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hey there Smile I thought Rain would post here first, but it's been a few days so I'm going to ^^

She always remained shifted these days, not going back to her lupus form unless she absolutely needed to. She had many things to attend to that required her to be in Optime - she couldn't very easily care for Judas, Severus, and Octavius while unshifted. Her boys were quite a handful, and to be able to keep track of them all one had to be constantly aware and prepared to pounce on one of them. Judas had been the real problem lately - he refused to follow any directions and it was getting to the point where he spent most of his time at home in the cage that she had designed for him. He would outgrow it soon, but for now it did its job. If he wasn't going to be have and was going to continue acting out and trying to hurt his siblings and mother, then he would have to be kept separate from everyone else.

Naniko noticed scents as they came in and out of the land usually, and this one smelled familiar. The canines all denned in the same area for the most part, and she wondered if this canine had come to visit one of her members in the past. She hadn't run into her yet, but their packlands were very large and she was a busy wolf, always on the go. She had just gotten the pups down to sleep when she heard the howl, and she immediately started toward the canine who had called for attention. She wondered what they needed her for . Naniko didn't mind taking an extra trip out to the borders, and she would likely continue to scout a bit after the female left to try to be certain that no one had followed to their lands.

She approached the other female quietly, then cleared her throat. "Hello there. Were you calling for me?" She inquired. Naniko kept a dominant stance, her tail raised slightly higher than usual. This indicated her position of power within the pack, along with the straight stare that she awarded the ex-Ichikan. Her pack had no real problems with Ichika that she knew of, and she felt no ill will against Samantha for having been a part of their pack. Nayru had once brought her presents, ones that she still had in her den, and she liked the bi-colored female.

Image courtesy of Mocodragon@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_NanDa1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_NanDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_NanDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#490505; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_NanDa1 {background-color:#605e61; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #353436; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8144/naniko.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:328px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_NanDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

::: word count?- Yeah I thought so too. Thanks James! I kind of failed as she won't get up until Naniko let's her.

Sounds nearby made the she-wolf turn. A woman came from the clearing and approached. Her stance was dominant and instinctively, Samantha dropped to the ground, lowering her body to the ground to roll over on her back to reveal her abdomen. After the submission, Sam remained on the ground but still talked to the leader. She remembered her name, from Jace telling her about Naniko. "Yes I have called you Lady Naniko. I have come to join Anathema." Samantha's voice was soft and her tail thumped the ground softly. "A member here, Rain Marks has asked me to be his mate and I have come here to hopefully live with him." That was the main reason, but she wasn't here in Anathema just for him, she was very skilled and could offer her talents to the pack. She had asked Rain to come along with er to meet the leader, but she saw no sign of him. Rain had been busy these days but at least Naniko was friendly enough. "My name's Samantha Jarret. I came from Ichika no Ho-en." She smiled and waited.

<style>
.samfirework { background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/ing17n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:470px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:357px 0px 10px 0px; color:#e2898a; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samfirework b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.samfirework p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samfirework p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samfirework .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the late post. School work is killing me. So it sounds like Sam is dying..... dang

Rain had long heard Sam's howl but hadn't been able to make it to her because her otter was running around the den like a crazy Loon. He had made the mistake of giving the otter some of the left over soup he had made the night before and low and behold the dang thing went bonkers. He was able to catch her when she heard Sam and started squeaking at him in low speak. "Oh so now you want to go see her. She call for us 30 minutes ago. Come on! he said picking a hyper and extremely happy Lua up and leaving his house. It would be the last time he ever watched over the otter while Sam was away. It kept squeaking and yipping at him like he understood what she was talking about the whole way to the boarders. Lua jumped off him as soon as Sam and Naniko came into view. "Lua no!" he yelled at the otter ran between Naniko's legs and jumped at Sam. It had only been a week since they had seen each other last but to Lua it must have seemed longer

Rain came up beside his alpha and bowed low. "My lady...Please excuse my mates otter. They have not been together in a week and well I gave her something and she went...bonkers. I humbly ask that you allow my mate passage into your lands. I love her dearly and would hate to have to leave if you didn't give her passage. Please... my lady... he said keeping his eyes low as he submitted to her for the sake of his mate.

<style type="text/css">
.rainym b {font-weight:bold; color:#385b8b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #050d18; }
.rainym p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.rainym {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#263046; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OfHlV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 178px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#626c7b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.rainym p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.rainym p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Someone had told this luperci of her, that her name was Naniko. She had to have come to the lands previously, then, unless Naniko had some sort of a reputation outside of the packlands that preceded her. The female gave her a surprise when she curled into a submissive position, but she did not tell her to rise just yet. Such displays were appropriate to see from a joiner, an unproven one. She didn't expect it, but she would be less likely to respect a canine who did not show her the respect that she deserved as well.

It seemed that one of the newer members had brought her over to join the pack and become his mate. She wasn't related to anyone else that Naniko knew of, but she strongly respected the ties of mateship and family. "I see." She said simply, considering things. "We have many members already within our lands...but this is important and I would not turn you away. Do you have any skills that would be useful to me and my pack, though?" She asked. "You may rise."

Rain arrived before too much longer, an otter surprising the Angela by rushing past her toward Sam. She didn't have an animal companion, herself - she didn't trust animals to do anything but dirty work for her. She didn't trust a horse to carry her or she would have one of those. "It's fine. I was just asking her about her skills - I would like to accept her, but I want to know what path she might wish to persue once she is within our lands."

<style>
.K22911_NanDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#490505; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_NanDa1 {background-color:#605e61; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #353436; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8144/naniko.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:328px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_NanDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000

Sam watched the lady, a soft smile on her face, already the young woman respected her. When the lady let her stand, she shifted. It was a quick shift to Optime, but it felt like a few minutes. The bones clicked into place, the joints popping. Her body was changed in a few ways growing in different places and her mane growing into her long fur. She finished shifting and that was when Rain came running, she didn't know exactly why until she saw the little brown streak rush to her legs, begging to be picked up. She gently scooped the young otter up she stood beside Rain and looked at Naniko. She felt her heart skip a beat as they talked, Rain pleaded for Naniko to let Sam stay. She remembered that night when Jace told her of Anathema, it was sad to leave Ichika, but she knew that Anathema was a great pack and that she would be happy.

Still holding her excited otter, she looked at Rain and smiled her thanks. She imagined the hell it must've been to look after a half-crazed otter. Then it was the questioning time, it was always done in every pack. "I have a few skills. I know how to craft things like bows and daggers. I learned a while back. I can also sketch and draw, but I bet that is kind of useless. Rain is teaching me how to carve better. I know basic healing, but I would never be able to save a life." 

<style>
.samgalaxy { background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2hpnn80.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#1c9faa; width:499px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samgalaxy b {color:#713c46; }
.samgalaxy p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samgalaxy p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samgalaxy .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She had already decided that she could find a place for this female among her ranks, but that did not mean that she would show it. The female did not like looking soft or weak and didn't want to let the others know about her thoughts on this matter. If she told the other canines that she would welcome Sam in regardless of her skill level or abilities, they might think that she wasn't a very good leader or that she had low standards for pack members that she accepted.

"I feel that those skills are a good place to start - our rank tiers encourage growth, so I expect that you will be able to hone those skills during your time here." She said. Naniko reached for her ceremonial dagger slowly, pulling it from its sheath. "You are unrelated to the pack - to become one of the family, you must go through the Rite of Agares. During this rite, a small cut will be made on your hand...then on my own. We will join them together and share blood, becoming blood family. Do you accept?" She looked at the female and waited for a reply. She wasn't certain whether Rain had informed Sam about this part of joining Anathema or not.

<style>
[/html]
Rain watched his mate and her actions. She was doing everything right and by the book. Naniko seemed to like her and Sam was just a finger prick from being part of the family and pack. He hadn't told her about it because there were somethings Sam needed to choose on her own. He took Lua from her and held the happy otter close. She was growing tired now and Rain rubbed her stomach softly till he felt her fall asleep. He smiled at Sam and looked at his alpha softly. This was the woman of his dreams. He loved her with everything he had in him and knew she would be be great here.

He had sensed some hurt in Sam and he knew she missed Ichika. He wanted what was best for her and it had been her choice to come to Anathema with him. He went over to her and stood behind her, pulling her against him. "You still have a choice Sam. I know how much you miss Ichika," he whispered, licking her face softly. He only wanted what was best for her...
[html]

Word Count :: 000 Hey nice avatar James! Short post, but I didn't want it to drag on.

Samantha nodded while Naniko spoke. She understood her words well and when Rain spoke up about her missing Ichika, she knew what to say. "Yes I do miss Ichika, but if I chose to stay there instead, I bet that I would miss you much more than I am missing Ichika now" She pulled him into a hug and breathed in his scent. It was not long before she turned back to Naniko. "Yes, Rain hasn't informed me o this, but I accept. After all, I would feel more like family." She held out her palm to Naniko as she pulled the dagger out. She had been cut many times before and this wasn't a violent act, it was an act of acceptance and family. A soft smile lingered on her lips. It made her think about the many different kinds of blood shared that would have been mingled with hers.

Samantha swore that she would prove to be useful to Naniko, that she would not be a burden to te pack. She looked at Rain, she was sure of her decision. Anathema was right for her. Even though she enjoyed Ichika, this was home.

<style>
.samgalaxy { background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2hpnn80.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#1c9faa; width:499px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samgalaxy b {color:#713c46; }
.samgalaxy p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samgalaxy p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samgalaxy .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She consented to the Rite of Agares and Naniko slid the blade along her hand, making a small and shallow cut on her paw pad. She did the same to Samantha, then held their two hands together. Blood dripped from their combined cuts onto the soil, and Naniko mouthed the words of a blessing quietly. The blood of the two Anathemans had blessed their soil, and she believed that such a blessing would bring her and the rest of the family much luck in the coming months. She needed all the luck that she could get, with the three rowdy boys that she had back in her den.

She released Sam's hand, putting her stained dagger back in its sheath and licking at her hand absently as she spoke. "I can give you some salve for it if it's still bothering you after a few days." She said. "Welcome to Anathema. You'll start as a Zepar, our basic rank. I trust that Rain can show you around" Naniko said, looking to her packmate. He knew the way around the territory and she supposed that the female would be staying with him in his den. "I'll have to add you to the map when I get around to it" She said. There was a large drawn map of the cave systems on the inside of the main cavern, and she kept a chart of where each member's den was. "Should we head back?"

<style>
[/html]
Rain watched with happiness as Sam was accepted into the pack. She was of the Anathema family now and after the blessing from Naniko he bowed to her again as a thanks to her. "Thank you my Lady for accepting my mate. I hope to have a mating ceremony soon but for now I will take some time to enjoy the little things in life," he said as he straighten. He pulled Sam to him with a soft smile and licked her cheek before rubbing Lua's stomach, the otter nipping and pawing at his hand. He had a mate and a family and a place to call home. He had a mate that didn't judge him and knew of his past and what he did to Shiloh. He should have been happy right?

Deep down Rain wanted to know if Shiloh lived. If Saxif lived. If the two females were even together anymore or if he had succeeded in breaking the grey female. Part of him knew that he should be suffering for what he did and the way Saxif had left him wondering what exactly had happened after they fled from him and were exiled from AniWaya. He wanted to go back and fix his wrongs and deep down Sam knew it bothered him. He was brought back to the world when Naniko offered to leave the boarders. "Yes my lady. I feel its time we go home," he said softly looking at Sam and Lua