NPC Characters
Hey there, got a question about NPC characters.

Namely how do I get an NPC companion for a already existing character. I was always intending to do some threads involving the bear that killed Kostya's mother, but I forgot to add her as an NPC when i signed him up.

There wouldn't be anything like taming the animal, the bear has lived in Nova Scotia for longer than Kostya and its only purpose is to beat the tar out of him a few times and then eventually die, but I was wondering if there was somewhere I needed to post and get the NPC approved, or do I just add it to his profile?
The purpose of having an NPC companion is that the companion would be with your character much of the time, and you'd play them together in the same post often Smile

Usually this includes animals like horses, feline companions, or other friendly animals.

If you plan on just having a few threads in which the bear beats Kostya up or comes in and out but you don't want the bear there 24/7, then you don't actually need to state that the bear is his NPC companion.

Your character is allowed to interact with NPC animals in threads without having to sign them up as their companion - companion NPCs are meant for creatures that are often seen with your character ^_^

So it depends on the amount of time the bear's going to spend with Kostya.
For an PC character, I'm a 2 month old wolf. Can I have another wolf (The type that changes, I forgot the name Lu-something) as the guardian NPC? Or would it have to be an actual player?
For a pup to become a loner, they must have a designated adult companion Smile That companion can be played or an NPC companion.

They can be luperci or non-luperci.
James has already answered both your questions, but it may be helpful to review the NPC companion guidelines here if you haven't already. Smile