Home again. AW.
[html]

Shit post. Sky's finally home. Feel free to come on inside; Sky won't mind the company. Her scent's pretty damn noticable at this point, being mostly old blood, dirt and AniWayan. xD

Wounded, scarred, tired but not dead. Not dead. Alive.

Sky had been lucky; Queen had hung around the AniWayan lands since the capture, like a faithful friend. Sky didn't have to walk all the way home, now that the battle was won.

But she knew Queen was lacking in care and health after the month without any proper treatment. She was thin, barely able to hold a trot for longer than a mile. Sky wouldn't push her. The journey home took days and by the time she'd made it to the borders again, she felt worn out, as if the battle had only just then been finished.

She'd met many good people after the battle had been won. Ephriam had survived, remaining in AnyWaya (as far as she knew) after Sky had yet again offered him a place in Cercatori d'Arte. The war was over, for now. She could return home safely.

The tired pair arrived on the borders shortly before dawn. Sky hopped off of Queen, patting the mare's flank gently and the leading the horse past the borders and into the territory. She knew her mission had been a failure in the end, but at least now Maska was of no threat to anyone. AniWaya could sort out their problems without the tyrant making things worse. She was not needed there.

Mind's all muddled. Sky thought to herself, getting no dark response from Sanja and no childish voices from her sons in return. She figured they were tired, too.

Her first stop was to the stables, where she led Queen into an empty stall to rest up, taking a moment to put down fresh hay and to give the mare food and water, as well as a blanket in case she got cold. Once Queen was settled in, the girl headed for her own home.

Taliesin would be waiting there, probably worried sick. How was she going to explain the scars? The torn ears?

The battle wounds?

She slipped into the house after unlocking the door (using the extra key hidden in the mailbox). Casper was by her side instantly, bleating his concern and rubbing his head against her hip affectionately. Shhh. Quiet, you silly thing. You'll wake Tal. She scolded, kneeling down to give her pet a hug, already feeling relaxed and glad to be home.

She'd missed this old, creepy house so much. She stood again once their moment was over and then decided that it was late enough to wake her mate. She wasn't sure if he'd be in their bed or not, so casually, she called up the stairs to him. I'm home!

<style>
.sky-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sky-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sky-z29 b {color:#3A1607; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sky-z29 {background-color:#E9CB53; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/skygift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#523309; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.sky-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ - OMG OMG -pounces- It's midnight, excuse any crap.

That voice was like sweet music in his ears. Tal stirred in his sleep, Sky's pillow clutched tightly to his chest. If he'd been human, he would have cried himself to sleep; however, he was not. The pale male was slow to wake usually, but the scent of blood and Aniwaya brought him fully awake in seconds. Had her voice been real? He flew down the stairs two at a time, his short mane messier than usual, his bi-colored eyes wild. At the bottom of the stairs, hugging Casper, was his beloved Sky. His eyes took in her ragged appearance as he slid to a stop, gathering her into his arms. "Oh, Sky..."

In the basket in the living room where she liked to sleep, the petite Tameri raised her head, blinking owlishly. The pup took in the sight of her dad hugging some woman, and she frowned sleepily. "Daddy?" Tal belatedly remembered his adopted daughter who fully believed he was her real father, and gestured for her to join them, not relinquishing his hold on Sky. He resumed gazing at his mate, his hand gently touching her face, his eyes assessing her various wounds. Her piercings were gone, her eye was clouded over, her beautiful mane was hacked off. He felt sick to his stomach as he spoke softly. "Sky...what did they do to you?" Tameri placed her head on his lap, and his eyes drifted down to her, then returned to his mate. The little black pup stared at the older female curiously.

Image courtesy of Compound Eye@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_TalDr1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_TalDr1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_TalDr1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#a3aab7; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_TalDr1 {background-color:#11191c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3d4b4a; line-height:16px; width:487px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6952/tal ... iannon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_TalDr1-border {width:489px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Instant acceptance of the puppy. ♥

The moment Tal had appeared, she was wrapped up in a tight, warm embrace and she all but melted into him, sighing through her nose and burying her face into his chest, tail flicking in that uneven way.

"Tal... I missed you so much." She murmured, ready to say more... until a little angel wandered into the room, muttering a tired 'daddy?' at Taliesin. Sky glanced over and blinked at the little bundle, mind instantly in overdrive. No, it couldn't be his real daughter. This little one was too old to be a new born and she knew for a fact that Tal hadn't been around other women; he wouldn't think to erase any scent, would he?

No, this little one must've been adopted. A sweet smile came to her face and she waved a hand herself, gesturing for her to take her Daddy's invite. "Sweet girl, come see me." She chimed, always having had a soft spot for kids.

She was distracted by Tal's hand brushing against her cheek and she returned to looking at him, cropped ears perking. He questioned the scars, seeming to already know what had happened. Someone must've told him. She smirked.

"They hit back." She said with bitter amusement, letting him know that she'd been the instigator every time. "I've had worse, Tal. These all look worse than they are." She moved a hand to his face, tapping his cheek gently. "Besides, you should see the other guys. I might've been a little to rough with most of them, the poor things." Her voice mocked regret, obviously proud of herself for her surprising knack in battle.

<style>
.sky-z29 {background-color:#E9CB53; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/skygift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#523309; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:3+ - Mind if I drag Liam in here too? LOL

Anger boiled in him as she spoke of them hitting back, of her having had worse. He wanted to charge over there and tear each one of them to shreds. She was his mate, they had no right to hurt her. His voice was tight with fury when he responded to her laughing comment. "Not around me, you haven't. Damnit, I knew I should have come found you. They deserved everything you did to them and more." A sound from Tameri had him looking down at her, his eyes softening. He let out a slow breath as the pup whined softly. He scooped the pup up in one arm, helping his mate up, and led the two females to the couch. He still refused to relinquish his hold on his mate, even as Tameri settled between the two adults, glancing back and forth between them.

"Tameri, this is your new Mommy. Sky, this is my daughter, Tameri." His warm gaze promised a full explanation later, when Tameri was out of hearing, or when she fell asleep. Tameri turned her solemn gaze on Sky, looking up at her. "You look hurt. Did bad men hurt you, mommy? A bad man hurt my other mommy. She hid me so Daddy could find me." Tal's heart clenched painfully at the easy way Tameri trusted Sky. He laid a hand on the pup's back, his gaze seeking out Sky's again. He spoke to Tameri, though his gaze didn't leave his beloved mate's face. "Tameri, mommy is very tired right now. Why don't you go lay down so I can help Mommy go to bed?"

Of course, the little black female ignored him as she waited for her new mommy's answers. She settled her head and paws on Sky's lap, looking up at the older female through solemn blue eyes. Tal repressed a sigh as he scratched Tameri's back gently, the way the pup enjoyed it.

Image courtesy of Compound Eye@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_TalDr1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_TalDr1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_TalDr1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#a3aab7; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_TalDr1 {background-color:#11191c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3d4b4a; line-height:16px; width:487px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6952/tal ... iannon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:289px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_TalDr1-border {width:489px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Do it. Sky could use as much family as possible. xD If Liam can accept her (finally) than her life will be complete.

Sky's controlled smile never faltered as Tal raged about the wounds she'd suffered. She knew his pain; when Shawchert had shown up battered on her doorstep the first time, she'd wanted nothing more than to slaughter whoever'd done it to him. Her gaze held a patient understanding that almost didn't fit the usually crptic, eccentric witch doctor.

"Don't go using such harsh words around the little one, Tal." She warned carefully, touching his nose and then doing that same to the little pup, winking at her playfully. She happily followed her mate and new daughter to the couch, where she plopped down with a worn sigh and leaned back, humming as her muscles finally got their chance to relax.

She turned her head to look down at the little one- Tameri -as Tal made introductions. Mommy. That sounded nice. Very nice. She smiled, worn and old but still so happy. Yes, this was the perfect thing to come home too. "It's an honor to have you in our family, little fae." She purred, moving a hand to rest on the girl's head, thumb rubbing a tiny ear gently.

"You look hurt. Did bad men hurt you, mommy? A bad man hurt my other mommy. She hid me so Daddy could find me." The girl drawled innocently, her gaze far too solemn for Sky's liking.

Tal made to hush and shoo Tameri away, but Sky waved a hand at him, silently scolding the very thought. She was grateful to have both of them there to cuddle up to. Her family, the very thing she'd been yearning for since she'd left. His answers could wait. She had a little angel to comfort first.

"Don't you worry your little head, Tameri. I'm okay. Just a little dirty." Sky started, bringing a hand down to lift the girl's chin up gently, smiling that strong, beautiful smile of hers. "Mommy made sure those bad men won't ever hurt anyone ever again. That's my job, y'know. To protect my princess from danger and to keep my king out of trouble."

She felt a pang of weakness stir in her chest and she leaned over against Tal, folding her legs up beside her and bringing Tameri to her chest in cradled arms. "There's nothing to worry about anymore, my sweethearts. All that matters is that I'm home, and I could've have asked for a better family to come home to." She murmured in complete honesty, feeling all emotional. "I love you. Both of you. So much."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
I'll make a thread just for Liam and Sky tomorrow. Today I'm catching up on Tal.

He watched Sky, holding her gently as she leaned against him. He loved how Sky was immediately accepting of Tameri, how Tameri was accepting and trusting of Sky. He wished Liam was there, but he knew the boy would be out on the borders, in his tree house, waiting for Ayasha. The two were close, she seemed in love him him. Perhaps Liam was in love with her too. Thinking of Ayasha led him to look at his mate again. "I love you too, Sky, but don't run off on me like that again. You terrified me. Especially when I met Ayasha, who told me some of what you were planning." He paused, then spoke again. "I could have lost you, Sky. I can't stand thinking about it." He wasn't intending to lecture his mate, so he fell silent. Still, his mind was anxiously wrapped around what could have been. He could have lost her. She could have been killed in that war. He hugged her close, a gentle squeeze. "I love you so much, Sky. Don't leave me again."

Tameri snuggled close to her new mom, her tail wagging gently, accepting Sky's words at face value. Her new mom was just dirty, and life was good. The house was warm, she had enough food to eat, and she was safe with a mommy and a daddy.

[/html]