whatever helps you sleep at night
1. Character Name: Toulouse Avris
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 04/04/06
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Ortus
5. Gender: Female
6. Your e-mail: vacancy_rabbit@yahoo.com
7. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). --
8. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Advertising on Beast

With the sky garlanded in a dreary overture for what seemed to be a looming storm, there was no present reflection for the female’s eyes even with the hour obviously deep in dusk. Turning her well inspired gaze up towards the sky, unlike others who would wish against the prospect of rain Toulouse welcomed it. With a simple contentment for whatever would or wouldn’t fall from the atmosphere that evening, the female readily returned her gaze to her less agreeable path. Well in truth it wasn’t so much her path that bothered her seeing as trials of previously sewn footprints had left the route well paved, but rather it was the ambiguity that fogged her ultimate destination that bothered the wolf.

Riled by the mere thought of what was to come, Tully instantly found herself chilled by the daunting prospect. Drawing in the parallel tails of her violet shawl, the young adult gave up a trivial shudder to her fears before resuming her shortly daunted pace.

Keen ears promptly loosened the tension in the draping silk wrap though as they came to life with the distant sound of some balking bird. Instinctively realigning her head for a look, Tully’s chocolate framed twilight orbs were put on display once more as she peaked around the edge of her thin cover. Spotting the bird directly the she-wolf offered little in the way of a response as she chose instead to stay more attentive to her course. The sooner I can get this over with the better. With no one in the immediate vicinity to play audience to her simple phrase the girl had kept her voice in its natural supple tone. Yet even then a detail of Toulouse’s past was made a current feature as the now vantage husk of her tenor insisted on appearing just as lustfully as ever. Ignorant to this fact though a delicate paw found its way to the head of a bush as Toulouse cleared the little battalion of foliage created by it and its counterparts.

Bout' time. Her vocal bedroom allure came to life once again though as the two year old felt her nose smack into an evident property line. Back tracking from the marker with respect in mind, the youth toiled with the end of her festooned cloth absent mindedly for the lapse of a minuet. Was she really going to go through with this? Was this really what she wanted? Well it’s not like I’m about to just turn around now. Speaking but if only to herself, while Tully wasn’t yet ready to admit that she needed anything beyond her beloved stole she was for the moment willing to recline with the idea that she would at the very least need cover until things cooled down in the hometown. This is only temporary…of course. Smiling meekly as the end of her swathe was finally released the female sealed the deal with an affirming sigh before allowing her hind end to gradually find its way down onto the earth.

Drawing her tail into her lap adeptly the female set about pruning it leisurely until she was interrupted. Paying special attention to the golden bracelet that looped around the middle of her banner the she-wolf paused momentarily in her sprucing to lovingly stroke one of its numerous coin shaped charms. I promise Ameris this is only a temporary sorta thing.
[html]
Hullo! ;D

"Ugh.." His whole body ached, sharp pains rippling up his sides each and every time that he moved. The fight with the coyote leader had been a fight that the young male had been lucky to live through. Pushing himself up from the small couch inside the manor house, Conri immediately slipped from inside the room and began his slow trek down the hall. Upon reaching the front door he pulled it open, sliding out on to the porch. Jade eyes immediately set to the sky, dancing across for a very brief moment before finally casting themselves out across the lands. The gray in the sky and the clouds that lined it told him it would soon rain, storm most likely, which meant his duties would have to be carried out quickly.

With a quiet sigh, the wounded Leader started out across the lands, single arm resting idly at his side. His chest was wrapped in thick white bandages, starting just under his arm and weaving all the way down to the top of his stomach. Despite the few broken ribs that he had sustained, Conri still felt the need to keep watch over things and didn't want Naniko or anyone else to have to go out in the rain to do a border sweep. Now that he and the Inferni Leader had clashed, border sweeps were most imperative. They didn't need to end up like Syemv had.

Like normal, Conri started at the far end of the lands, moving in a fluid line across the borders, and would do so until he reached the other side. Only then would he feel comfortable returning to the rest of them, he wouldn't let them be put in danger so easily. As he was making his way around, perhaps about half way across, a strange scent took to the air and carried straight to his nose. It was an immediate cause for suspicion, though upon further investigation the lack of Inferni's scent calmed him. It wasn't a coyote, another spy coming to gain information of their lands or, perhaps, see if the young Leader had even made it out of there alive.

Approaching slowly, Conri spotted the female on the ground, fiddling with something that he couldn't quite make out. The one-armed hybrid stopped a scattered few feet away, observing the stranger for a moment before speaking up. "Seeking a pack?" He called out to her then, his voice smooth and inviting, not the same suspicious creature that he had been only moments before.
[/html]
Working the adorning coins with the buckskin soul of the paws, it wasn’t long before the rough strokes had redeemed the enhancements sheen. Long since worn and mired by the seemingly tireless verve of her wily tail. It did the female’s heart some good to see one of her few treasures glossy again. I reckon it’s been a long time since I’ve seen em’ looking this good. More than willing to bet that such a time hadn’t existed since she had first been fitted with the jewel, still it wasn’t long after the wage had been placed that Tully regretted paying the notion. For in her simple mulling she had also won herself a bit of unwanted nostalgia as a sort of added consolation reward. And suddenly the mere gleaming value of her toy wasn’t enough to keep the girl harnessed in the present. No, instead she found herself slipping right back to the place that she had fled.

Keen on keeping herself where she polished though the adult allowed her tail to fall to the wayside with rue. Forcing herself to pin her gaze forward the brown wolf used a similarly compulsory resolve in order to enchant herself with some random object in the distance.

It had to get easier it just had to. That was to say that sooner or later she would have to be okay with remembering all that she had left behind because obviously those things weren’t willing to stay in the past. However it was perhaps an idea of equal logic that Toulouse would eventually have to put forth the effort to make herself okay. She would have to get over the design that this was just a temporary thing.

But alas as fate would see fit the she-wolf would be permitted to dream her dreams another day as she abruptly drawn away from any further emotional progress. For all at once her deeply desired distraction and wandered into view and boy was it…distracting. What got into you?

Without her conscious permission the words had been born and birthed from her velveteen tongue. Unaware of the fact that she had actually said so for a moment longer the female continued to gape openly at the new comer as her sunset gaze stumbled with drinking in the entirety of his crumpled appearance. Finally crashing back into the reality of the moment as his echo called to her ears though the British prodigy gave her head a derailing wag in order to set herself straight once and for all.

S-sorry about that, throwing a paw to the back of her head in a show of embarrassment the girl diverted her gaze modestly before giving speech another go; I’m not usually so damn…obvious slash discourteous. Although the action was unseen by the male the youth also tucked her ears respectively before bringing herself to a more dignified pose. Coming to her full height before the wolf, Toulouse once again found comfort in fiddling idly with her tail. Like I said I don’t normally lead with disrespect but you see where I come from its kinda the…it’s kinda the norm for everybody else so ya just get used...to...it...kinda? Of course as soon as it was too late Tully realized the incriminating value of the phrase and wisely opted to shut her mouth for the moment. Boy Tully do you have a way with words or what? Tully, Tully, Toulouse! Duh!

Name’s Toulouse Avris by the way, and yes to answer the question that you asked me ages ago but I was to slow to respond to I am…looking for a pack that is. Well if anyone anywhere was in need of a novel definition for failure the youth was willing to post herself as definite candidate for such. Smiling nervously at the male the she-wolf continued to toil tensely with her tail.
[html]
After a few moments the red colored hybrid recognized the object of her attention. A bracelet, something that he could recall seeing someone from his past wearing at some point. His mother, perhaps, or it could have easily been Deuce. Whatever the case, it had been quite some time since he had seen one, which was why he admired it for a moment. That moment was short lived though, tearing his eyes away to settle them more on her face than anything else, observing in silence. Her scent was unfamiliar, as was her face. He didn't think that she had come from Bleeding Souls. Perhaps a native to the area. It took her a moment to realize that he was there, or so it seemed, but when she did she spoke.

Her words caught the young Perseus halfway off guard, drawing a curious ear forward at the question. It seemed, at least at first, as if he had just invaded on her personal space almost, despite it not being her space at all. Discouraged by this, Conri was about to speak up, only to be stopped by more words. Redeeming, he supposed, and he tilted his head as he listened to her. Quite honestly, Conri couldn't blame her for being brought up in a different place and following different ways, but that was something he would hold only in his head for the time. Leaving little recognizable reaction on his face, the hybrid continued to listen to her speak.

"It's alright, I suppose." He commented then, though his voice drew a bit of hesitation on the matter. Really, she seemed to have given up trying to explain. "My name is Conri Church and this place is called Twilight Vale..." He motioned slightly with his head to the area that lay behind him. "I'm the Perseus here, Male Leader." He continued to explain, pausing after his words to observe her once more. "If you'd like for Twilight Vale to be your home then I'll need to know what exactly you can do.." Though, at that point in his pack's life, they were very willing to accept those who were willing to learn.
[/html]
Less than surprised that her ‘fancy’ bumbling hadn’t earned her any accolades. It was still with ample gratification that the she-wolf tacitly accepted his neutrality. At least at this rate she still knew that she had a chance. That was if she could weasel her way out of answering anymore of his trick questions. And to think I used to be little-miss-socialite puhlease! For fear of dragging their meeting further downhill Toulouse avoided the urge to give her eyes a role, in self directed loathing. So instead the she-wolf implied a more refined reprimand on herself as she pursed her chocolate ears forward and fell into the role of a more attentive listener.

However just as Tully retired her artful feign of thoughtfulness and truly turned in the male chose to lead her interest astray once more. Marble eyes did a quick whorl around the area that the wolf had gestured to and it was with a gleam of obvious pleasure laced within them that the adult complimented his lovely domain. Of course she would’ve loved nothing more than to gush openly about the nature of his home but alas the wolf wasn’t ready to restore confidence in her tongue just yet. So she settled for a sincere nod and light tempo for her newly at large tail.

Feeling the lead’s eyes burrow somewhat purposefully on her form though Tully found herself regretting the room. It was an annoying and distracting task of course her twiddling with her tail but it calmed her immensely, and seeing as the male had only just acclimated himself to semi frazzled Toulouse she didn’t think he was near ready to have a full scale melt down on his hands. Resisting the urge to latch back on to her banner though, the she-wolf opted instead for worrying the hem of her shawl. Suddenly thinking it rather polite that she show the guy the entirety of whom he was talking to the girl expertly removed the stole from her head.

Exposing its black belly that had previously been tucked away the wolf allowed it to limp lifelessly at her side for a moment. Here’s to hopin’ the fella likes what he sees. Understandably self conscious about the chance of scarf-hair the girl once again ran a paw skillfully over the top of her skull and down her shaggy mane. In doing so though the two year old’s sole highlighted streak was dislodged, and along with a few other brown hairs the thick silver tresses came to rest over her left eye.

Batting her tail pensively as she mulled over the chief’s last question it was with entirely too much sincerity that the wolf blissfully mused. Well I could give ya a supreme quickie. Some little voice that liked to go under the surname of Tully’s conscious though barred the girl from saying such out loud. So instead of voicing the characteristics of her fine, resume the youth opted to leave the details of her former post out of it…somewhat. Well I’m a real team player and a quick learner so if there’s any task that you need done just give me and basics and I’m sure that I could work it out for ya, scouting her brain for any lingering appropriate talents it was then that the she-wolf remembered the more pale aspects of her persona, and don’t let the accent fool you cause I’m a real brain when it comes to books and stuff. I mean I practically lived in a library the last year of my life so if there’s anything you need to know I’m your girl. Of course it wasn’t worth mentioning in the least that Toulouse’s last place of residence truly used to be a library that was until it was turned into a themed burlesque house.
[html]
It wasn't the first time that Conri had ever seen another canine wearing something that a human might so his mind gave little thought to it, though, when she finally removed it, he did allow his eyes to trail upward to get a better look at her. To Conri, it all just meant that she was acclimated to the ways and things of humans, at least some what. That was a good thing, of course, considering that they mostly lived in the large manor that sat in the middle of their lands. Conri had always grown up with knowledge in human things, it was what his birth pack had been all about, and slowly his own pack was now becoming the same way.

"So long as you're willing to help out.." He said in a firm tone, nodding his head some. "And don't worry, the rest of our members are completely capable, though I can stand on my own.." It was a random comment almost, mostly pertaining to the fact that he only had three legs, or one arm and two legs, if that was the preferred term for it. He'd thought of that previously, even before the creation of Twilight Vale. What sort of wolf would immediately put their trust into a crippled Leader? He supposed that he was lucky to have Naniko and Lucifer both behind him.

Rather than sticking with his unamused attitude, which had mostly been for show, Conri finally broke a smile. "We've got a large Manor in the middle of the territory. Got a large basement and everything, I've been stashing books down there for quite some time now with the intentions of making it into a library of sorts. You're welcome to stay in the Manor also, but not at all required." He gave a very faint wag of his tail then. "Couple pups running around the Pack also, just ask that you keep an eye out for them if you ever see them. Usually there is always someone nearby watching them though. So, I suppose, welcome home." And he smiled again, which was much more fitting for his features.

[/html]
Momentarily thrown by the lead’s offbeat response, Toulouse was once again more open book than wolf as she inclined her head thoughtfully. Sure she had reacted badly to his various wounds at first glance but now that the female stopped and lingered with deeper consideration she figured that his situation really wasn’t all that odd. After all wolves attacked each other all day everyday it was simply a fact of the world. And furthermore her hometown had been full of well…incomplete characters her former business especially. In fact the youth could vividly recall a girl or two using such a deformity as a gimmick and needless to say it had worked in at least one of their cases. However something told the girl that rattling off such tales wouldn’t exactly bring her new dominant comfort that was unless he was interested in selling what bits of his body he had left. Nope didn’t think so. Regrettably this left the subordinate to resign to conflict free silence once more.

Setting herself back on track as more words fell from his rust colored maw though Tully found paying attention increasingly easy to handle. Even managing to rearrange her face once or twice in a customary show of interest, it was obvious that the wolf still had a knack for playing the given role if nothing else.

Genuinely pleased to see the chief looking more approachable though the brunet put similar life in her own banner as she viewed his small motion of joy. Feeding on the progressively high mood of the atmosphere the wolf dexterously raised her scarf and slipped it between the grasp of her maw.

So she was in. Well good…excellent in fact. Thanks for saying so Perseus! Well that was a word that she’d have to get used to saying but if she could managing pronouncing it with a tie in her mouth the beauty figured she was off to an okay start. At last explaining why she had looped the fabric in her maw in the first place it was with the utmost ease that Toulouse shrunk her body down to size. Wagging her tail blithely as she looked up at the brute now, it would seem as if all of Tully’s jitters had melted away. More than happy to see them go the female soon proved far more interested in exploring her new home than fretting over what had already been done. Cutting a course that aligned her with the wolf’s left leg especially the female made a point to brush her side gently against the stand. Hopefully though he would understand that it hadn’t been a move of seduction but rather a simple gesture of thanks. After all it wasn’t like she could hug him. Poor thing’d be liable to break in two if I did that.