Adopting
Are there certain standards you have to meet before you can adopt a new character?
http://www.soulsrpg.com/ipb/index.php?sh...=12251#auxchars
The link Shae posted above has the information for requirements for picking up characters, so you can read the requirements there. Since you've already joined with Terra you need to achieve the activity requirements before you can pick up another character.

Quote:Permission to play a second character is automatically granted after 6 weeks of membership AND 45 IC posts, to be counted from the time the first character's (re)joining thread is complete.

Once you've met that requirement and are ready for your second character, take some time to really consider which adoptable you want. If someone sparks your interest try to come up with ideas of what you might do with him/her. That will spark your muse and keep you from just getting a character that looks cool but might be a flop for you personally. (I say this from experience.) Once you have someone you like, PM the person who is hosting their adoption and ask if you can play them. Be sure to read all of the information that player posts - sometimes people have certain requirements. Occasionally people will want you to give an example of how you would RP them as an audition for playing them. Other people might have an adoption contract, or requirements that you must adhere to with the character.

I hope that helps. There is a lot to keep in mind, but getting the right adoptable can turn out great if you consider it thoroughly! Let us know if you have any more questions. Smile
I know this is silly, but I can't find the link that talks about ending threads. Where is it?
There isn't a link that tells you how to end threads. That is something you decide between the participants in the thread. If all parties involved feels it has come to completion then decide upon which will post the link of the thread in a reply to the Maintenance Thread to ask for that thread to be archived.