It Wilted to the Owl's Cry
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: Backdated to Oct.25th 330 words

It had only been a day since the purposeful delve into the Mai Cavern, and the shared success of herself and Kiara Amarok. They had seen each other through the terrifying darkness into the light and came out relatively unscathed. Only a smarting muzzle marked the trench into the belly of the moist beast for their trinkets of stone had been taken upon task completely. It was all well and good in the mind of the Nomad. She was more keen to keeping furred trophies and the like anyway. And if it wasn't noticed by her Ichikan brethren, then it was certainly noticed by another.

Gradually the she-wolf became more aware of her stalker as the days wore on. She was granted a brief reprieve of its presence only the day before before it came back with a vengeance to harass the sanity out of her. She wouldn't even begin her day without its screech assaulting her ears, nor hunt without its sound wingbeats scaring her prey. X'yrin was growing rather annoyed with this nuisance... but what could she do to rid herself of it?

Her morning routine forgotten, no present at the Shishen's doorstep nor prowl within his footsteps. No morning snack, no gallivant through the flourishing fields. Instead the female sat within the crest of the Valley, overlooking the acute curve as it rolled into the neighboring Forest. The Secui female sat rather disgruntled, her day already off to a terrible start. Overhead circled an ominous shadow. Each heavy beat of its wings loosening another of its striped and speckled feathers to fall at leisure upon the female. "Please, my flying friend... leave me alone," she about wailed to the annoying creature. She tipped her muzzle to observe the bird in flight, its large wings spanned wide nearly blocking the morning sun. From its stalking height it swiveled its head down to observe its target, bright orange eyes gleaming mischievously.

What would it possibly want from her...?

[/html]
[html]

this is ooc!

Shiloh was still new to these lands and the thin woman still looked extremely sickly. Kavi had come out from time to time but let Shiloh get to know the pack that had taken her in. Eclipse had saved her life. Shiloh felt she owed the golden woman her life. On this particular day Shiloh was in her secui form,, looking around and getting a feel for Ichika. She had found herself far from her apartment she shared with Eclipse, finding the wide, open hills pleasing to ones eyes. She still had some trouble walking up right because of her ankle but she had recovered from it. She would have a permanent limp when she walked and she knew her ankle was weaker now so she kept it wrapped to help it grow stronger.

She had been rolling in the autumn flowers and chasing feathers that seemed to blow her way. She noticed after a while more and more feathers were floating her way on the wind and she followed them back to their origin, finding a big owl flying over a woman who was watching it with sad eyes. Why would a owl stalk a wolf? she thought as she went up the hill slowly, keeping her eyes down and body turned in such a way that it kept the woman from seeing her scars. "He...hel...hello...My...n...nam...name..i...is Shi...Shiloh.... Gr...Grant...Wh....why....is...th...that bi...bird...stalking...yo...you? she stammered to the woman. She hoped the woman understood her. She knew her stuttering had gotten worse since Saxif had left her and she couldn't find it in herself to change it.

<style>
.shiloh-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shiloh-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shiloh-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.shiloh-b01 {background-color:#587595; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b1sH9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 60px 0px; border:1px solid #D0D9E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#384158; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.shiloh-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.shiloh-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #fff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

sorry, had to edit post.

Word Count → 364

Kiara trotted out of Phoenix forest with her tail held high and her spirits even higher. This morning she had decided to travel to the neighboring valley to try fishing in the larger branches of the East River. The salmon run was coming to a close and the young wolf wanted to catch the last of the salmon. The salmon was rich in proteins and fat and would give her an extra boost before winter arrived. Already, Kiara had noticed frost on the ground in the very early mornings. The temperature was dropping and would drop below freezing at night. The arctic wolf had managed to bulk up since she arrived at Nova Scotia. When she had first approached the Ichikan boarders, Kiara was only 74 pounds. Now, the arctic wolf tipped the scales at 80 pounds.

As Kiara approached the valley she notice a golden form siting on the valley's crest. "X'yrin!" The snow wolf bounded up the hill towards her friend. When Kiara got close she lifted her front paws up and playfully swatted at the nomad. Although they had seen each other only a few days ago, Kiara was ecstatic to see X'yrin. Kiara spent the first minute of their encounter bounding around the nomad in pure joy, not even noticing the quivering Shiloh. The young wolf stopped jumping when she noticed that the golden wolf was in a bitter mood. The arctic wolf stopped her antics and her tail drooped a little. "What's the matter? You look upset." Kiara was oblivious to the owl that was circling above their heads as well as the torment that it was causing X'yrin. X'yrin was in a pleasant mood when they had departed only a few days ago, which puzzled Kiara. Kiara noticed the X'yrin was looking up and wondered, what is she looking at? The arctic wolf lifted her snowy muzzle to the sky and looked at the dark form flying. A bird? Kiara looked over and noticed the scarred wolf next to X'yrin.

The young wolf scampered back a few steps and bowed her head to Shiloh. "I'm so sorry. I didn't notice you standing there. My name is Kiara Amarok."

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: Backdated to Oct.25th 503 words

She couldn't be bothered to chase the nuisance away... for what was the point when its wings could carry it just out of her reach then back to her again? Rarely did the female give up on anything, but it was clear an altercation with the avian was pointless, despite how much it annoyed her with its constant screeching and looming overhead.

She pondered what the damn thing could want, searching the compendium of material from her Shepard's lectures hoping for some reference to the owl and its purpose. They were birds of prey, this much was evident just by looking at its talons delicately tucked within its down. They represented the swift kill, the trademark of a Master Exultare. Not yet a Shepard but harbored the skills to protect and defend the group. Their feathers could be used as adornments, not only for beauty but for symbolism. Yet, these aesthetic traits aside, the Nomad could not recall what their presence symbolism. For the moment, X'yrin marked the bird as an ominous being, meant to harass the living til they begged for the silence of death.

The Nomad heard her name before she felt the gentle swat of a familiar presence. The woman's energy was about gone as she gave a halfhearted sway of her lush tail in greeting. "Kiara," she sighed softly, eventually turning her gaze to the prancing female. Reluctantly, she opened her maw to speak, but instead caught the scent of another within the field. An ear twitched in response to the soft fold of leaf underpaw, then turned to greet the small, trembling form. X'yrin noted with concern the wrapping around her leg yet maintained a polite air not to acknowledge it. "It is a pleasure, Shiloh Grant," she woman nodded solemnly, not at all the elated form she knew herself to be. She was too upset by the constant disruption by the shadowing bird. "And to answer your question," she continued with a dull droll to her usually melodious voice, "I have no idea why this bird stalks me. It is just... there."

As if knowing it was being talked about, the owl gave an obscenely low screech before it suddenly swept down in a graceful arch. The woman ducked down with ears flat against her skull expecting the absolute worse to befall her. But there was no tearing or appendages or assault of any kind. Just a sudden weight dropping on top of her broad back. Sharp talons latched onto her mane, gently grating skin as they flexed with her movement. "Oh what now?!?" the female howled with dismay. She knew the bird had landed on her. It had done so before while she was trying to relax! In the midst of desperation, she looked from Kiara's snowy face to the shying form Shiloh, her lips trembling like a child on her verge of a tantrum. "Please get this thing off me! Dreadful bird, leave me be!" What had she done to deserve this kind of harassment?

[/html]
[html]

this is ooc!

Shiloh watched at another female came out of nowhere and playfully swatted the wolf she had addressed. She had backed away slowly, scared of what the women would think of her. She was still thin and knew she weighed about 67 pounds, light for a wolf like her. Her ribs still showed and her fur was growing thin from being malnourished. She shivered slightly as the bird swooped down and landed on the woman, X'yrin. She looked at the bird as it watched her and felt a sense of calm wash over her. She knew animals had a way of guiding people and knew Ralla had a owl similar to the one on X'yrin's shoulders. It stared at her with large wide eyes before fluttering off the woman's shoulders and on to Shiloh. She whined softly as its talons grazed her skin but didn't break it and she felt the need to change to optime. She shifted rather quickly, the owl sensing her shifting hovered close by before settling on her shoulder again. She brought a hand up and the owl wooted before letting Shiloh touch it's feathers. It was malting and some of its feathers fell into her hands. She looked up at the two woman softly before speaking.

"This is a sign X'yrin. Where I come from animals like this act as guides for wolves. This owl has chosen you as its master and has been annoying you because you won't accept it. This is a sign X'yrin. This will strengthen you," she whispered, shocked that she didn't have her stutter all because the owl had chosen to sit on her shoulder. It nipped her finger softly before taking flight again and circle over the woman. Shiloh knew deep down this owl was also a sign for her. The owl was a sign change was near for her.

<style>
.shiloh-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shiloh-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shiloh-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.shiloh-b01 {background-color:#587595; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b1sH9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 60px 0px; border:1px solid #D0D9E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#384158; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.shiloh-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.shiloh-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #fff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

What color is the owl?

Word Count → 326

Kiara had never heard of an owl stalking a wolf before. Normally wolves were the ones that did the stalking. With a rush of wings the owl landed on X'yrin's shoulder and she begged for someone to remove the owl. The arctic wolf wanted to help her friend, but Kiara decided to inspect the owl instead. The beautiful bird had so many interesting scents attached to its wings. Although the small tuffs on its head gave the owl and almost demonic look, Kiara felt as if the owl meant no harm. If it had, X'yrin wouldn't have any shoulders.

The arctic wolf watched with interest as the owl traded perches and alighted on Shiloh's small frame. Suddenly, the bird flew off the girl and Shiloh changed from her secui form into her optime form. Kiara had never witnessed a shift before and watched as she seamlessly changed forms. The snow wolf's sapphire eyes widened, she was determined to remember this moment because she might never see a shift again. Once Shiloh was done shifting, the eagle owl returned to the small wolf's shoulder. Shiloh's words came out clear and calm, and her words reminded Kiara of her mother. Kiara's mother had a story for just about everything, and would sometimes speak of owls as guides through uncertain times. "I agree with Shiloh, I don't think the owl means you any harm."

The screech owl leapt off Shiloh's should and flew over Kiara before it resumed circling over X'yrin. As the bird flew past, Kiara stood on her hind legs to get a better look at it. However, Kiara was not used to standing on her back legs and after a few teetering steps she promptly fell over. The young wolf laid on her back for a moment stunned. "I'm okay." Kiara said as she rolled over and stood back up. The young wolf faced X'yrin and asked, "So, what are you going to do now X'yrin?"

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Eagle Owl <-This is the reference I'm going off of. 471 words

Eventually her shoulder was no longer hostage to the dreadful bird as it instead took refuge with the smaller female. It occupied her shoulder for a moment then went to hover as her form shifted with ease into Optime. X'yrin watched with in wonder as the bird appeared more docile in Shiloh's company allowing itself to be scrutinized under curious eyes and touches. Now why couldn't the damn thing be that calm for her? But what astounded her more was the proclaim of the once stammering female. X'yrin cut her eyes to the girl, her ears forward as she listened intently.

Strange that she hadn't heard of creatures accompanying wolves while among the Nomads. In her mind they knew about everything that revolved around Nature. This transgression should have been near the top of the lectures she'd learn from. Instead, it was something foreign...something new. She found that for once, she did not like that. But none the less, she took this new knowledge and adhered it to her understanding of why this bird plagued her. "If it means no harm... or I am to be its master," she began softly, head cocked slightly whilst she observed the bird's dark plume. "It could have found a better way to get my attention. But the question remains... why would it chose me?" Her gaze shifted from Shiloh to Kiara then again to the Owl as it took flight to hover overhead. "Have I done something?"

It seemed silly to ask, for it was obvious the owl was not going to answer. All it could do was shriek and cry and plop itself upon her shoulder when it felt it convenient. She had missed Kiara's awkward dance but certainly heard the end to it. Somehow the antics brought a smile to her otherwise dull face, brightening her gloomy corners. "I had intended to hunt today... possibly mark a trail toward larger prey before the season changes." Her intentions were met with what sounded like a joyful cry then once again she played steed to the invasive owl. It clung to her shoulder as she finally rose to stretch her hindlegs, one after the other. "But," she shrugged her occupied shoulder. "What should I do with him?-" was it even male? "He just comes and goes the majority of the time... but he's always around. Is there a purpose for him?" She felt something odd happening on the top of her head, as if something were wriggling through her mane and pulling it. Of course she couldn't see that her owl companion was chewing on her unkempt locks... but she could certainly feel it. She tried in vain to look at his antics, making for an amusing sight as she turned her muzzle to and fro. "What's he doing? It feels strange."

[/html]
Shiloh watched the bird that flew above them. Her stutter was back now that the bird had left her shoulder and she hoped the women around her understood her."Y...you ha...have a...St...strong heart....she is..Dr..drawn t...to yo...your spirit...she...wi...will ....lea...learn f...from....you...as...y..you do...hu..her... her our...purpose is....t...to guide...you... she said watching the alabaster female with curiosity. Could she not shift like Shiloh could? Shiloh has heard of wolves that could not shift. Shiloh watched as the owl swooped down and landed on X'yrin to nibble at her hair, causing the wolfess to turn her head to a fro trying to figure out what was going on. Shiloh just laughed, for the first time in months at the sight of the owl annoying its chosen master.

After a few moments of pecking it screeched and flew back over to Shiloh, obviously mad at X'yrin. "I thi.....think yo.....you ma...made...h..her mad" laughed Shiloh, stroking the owls malting ploomage.Shiloh had a way with other animals and found that most animals that weren't wolves accepted her. Kyra and Katelyn had been the only ones to understan.d her from time to times and Shiloh wondered what the woman around her thought of her.Shiloh knew she was under weight, about 67 pounds at the moment. Her fur was getting thinner from malnurishment, making her scsrs look worse then they really were. She shivered as a cool breeze went by and kept her gaze low in owing and feeling Kavi wanting to come out and play
[html]

Word Count → 242

Kiara couldn't help but throw her head back laugh. The sight of an owl actively pestering a wolf was too good to behold. The moment X'yrin stood up did the great brown bird lifted it's wings and began to pull at the she-wolf's mane. Its spotted wings flapping in the air and X'yrin's cries of distress caused even the shy Shiloh to laugh. For one reason or another, an owl had decided to pester poor X'yrin and simply did not want to leave her alone. After the owl was done tormenting the nomad, it returned to Shiloh's shoulder. Perhaps the owl wanted to get a message across and X'yrin just couldn't understand it. Perhaps the owl was looking to Shiloh to translate. Either way, this whole turn of events was funny, if not strange.

The arctic wolf wondered why the eagle owl wouldn't speak to X'yrin. Although the nomad tried to communicate the owl refused to answer her pleading questions. "Why won't it talk to you? I know they can talk. Some really smart birds can even use a little bit of high speech. I once had a crow shout curses at me as I chased it. X'y, do you know any low speech?" If X'yrin could talk to the bird, then all of their problems will be solved. Kiara's father always used to say that if there is no communication then misunderstanding would occur. Perhaps this was all on giant misunderstanding.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 390 words

In a way this occurrence... the explanation, was flattering to the warrior. It was not something she had done, but herself that attracted the bird. Even so, so much more could have been achieved if there was some line of communication between them. The large bird was more keen to rely on Shiloh for cooperation that its supposed master as it found itself more productive in harassing the large female than attempting to communicate.

At the mention of high speech, she turned to Kiara expectantly. If it were true that some birds could speak on their level, then why hadn't this one? "I don't know Low Speak... but is the bird dumb?" she asked innocently, genuinely curious as to the owl's mental state. It obviously did not lack understanding as the instant the words left her mouth, the malting bird darted from one wolf to the russet other, wings flapping madly in her face whilst its sharp beak picked at her ears.

The Nomad was to her feet in an instant, attempting to outrun the screeching owl as it continuously swept down to get at her vulnerable ears. "Gah! Leave me alone demon bird!!! Stop it!" She sought to snap at a violent but failed miserably. "Stop it, you annoying fowl! My ears!" It picked and plucked with a vengeance swooping down from an impressive height to snatch at her mane. It made off with a tuff of hair with a whining she-wolf in its wake. It circled the three in a graceful arch before coming to settle upon Shiloh's shoulder again. It dropped the hair and hooted softly.

The Nomad was livid, being on the receiving end of an owl's wrath. It was humiliating and downright shameful! A vengeful glare was narrowed at the bird as the resonating cracks of shifting muscle and bone suddenly filled the air. Secui paws gave way to Optime digits clenched into angered fists. Her tail stood straight, twitching with agitation as the owl simply looked on without care, hooting in a taunting octave. Something within the female snapped, and she lunged for the devilish owl. "Come here!" Of course her fingers caught nothing but air as the avian fled into the sky to hover, watching the scene below as the she-wolf missed her mark entirely and instead collided with her fragile companion.

[/html]
Shiloh watched as X'yrin insulted the bird. She felt the owl tighten its grip on her shoulder before taking flight and attacking X'yran with a woot of indignation. Shiloh watched as X'yrin ran after the bird and snapped at it, only to miss it by miles. Shiloh laughed as the woman chased the bird and got frustrated as the bird swooped and pecked at her ears. It wasn't until X'yrin shifted did Shiloh feel something was wrong. Shiloh stood as X'yrin ran after the animal, her anger written all over her face. "X'yrin, calm Dow...." she stopped midsentence as X'yrin slammed into her fragile frame, sending her flying. Shiloh yelped in pain as the two of them fell and rolled down the hill as the owl screeched over head.

When the two of them finally stopped Shiloh was crying. She had fallen hard in her ankle and had reburised it, making it hard to move off X'yrin. She scrambled to get off the woman, her tears falling hard as she sat and rubbed her ankle. The owl came back down and nipped her hand. She didn't understand what the bird wanted this time and she swiped at it, making it jump and take flight, leaving the females alone. Shiloh knew it would be back but for now she had to nurse her ankle again....
[html]

Word Count → 500

Kiara wasn't surprised that X'yrin didn't know low speech. Many wolves felt themselves to be far above low speech and couldn't be bothered to learn to speak with what they considered to be "lesser animals." Kiara herself did not know any form of low speech, though she thought it might be interesting to learn at least one or two dialects. The arctic wolf wondered, If the owl can understand high speech, than why won't it speak?

The young wolf watched and laughed as poor X'yrin was being further tormented by the eagle owl which had supposedly chosen her for a master. As Kiara watched the owl's antics she quickly noticed that something was wrong. The she wolf caught a glimpse of golden fur within the owl's talon's as it returned to the sky. Now things were going too far. Kiara could watch and laugh at jokes, but she wouldn't stand aside and watch as her friends got hurt. Kiara ran up to the owl and gave a warning growl, but this had no effect. The eagle owl simply flew over to Shiloh with it's golden prize. Kiara stayed back because she feared she might hurt the skinny Shiloh. Kiara was not a large wolf, but she was by no means small.

Unfortunately for Shiloh, the owl continued to taunt X'yrin causing her to shift into her secui form. This time, however, the transformation was not fluid and beautiful. The young wolf watched in horror as her friend shifted with audible cracks as her bone's and muscle underwent the transformation. Kiara's ears flipped back, her snowy tail retreated between her legs, and the she wolf lowered herself to the ground. X'yrin seemed to radiate with anger and frustration, which was mimicked by Shiloh. The arctic wolf could only watch as X'yrin's hulking form charged into Shiloh's delicate frame. As the two of them rolled down the hill, Kiara could hear Shiloh's cries of pain. Suddenly, wingbeats could be heard next to Kiara and she turned to see the eagle owl land beside to her. It gave a soft cry and stared at Kiara which made her blood boil. Slowly and clearly the young wolf asked, "What have you done?" Instead of an answer, the eagle owl simply flew off. Kiara was tempted to chase the owl, but her friends were hurt and needed help.

Kiara ran down the hill and used her sensitive nose to check on the fragile Shiloh. Kiara would normally have gone to X'yrin first, but X'yrin was strong and Shiloh was not. Kiara noticed Shiloh rubbing her ankle while tears streamed down her face. The arctic wolf focused her search on the she wolf's ankle and could see it begin to swell. Kiara was no medic, but she whined a little and began to lick the wound. Kiara cast a worried eye towards X'yrin, trying to communicate with the nomad. The arctic wolf wanted to know if X'yrin was okay and hoped her message would get across.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 406 words :[ Poor Shiloh. X'y makes a good packmule!

She didn't understand. She didn't know where to begin in explaining. All she could understand was the rage, an anger this bird roused from her as it continued its taunts. How could a gift be so damning like this. What had the Nomad done to earn this annoyance? She couldn't fathom much else once her Optime form was made and she lunged for the damned bird.

But the cry that met her ears against the roar of rushing blood was not that of the fowl. It was of the fragile Shiloh. Her heavy weight thrown against the other put them into a tumble down the hill of the Valley for what felt like minutes instead of seconds. When finally they rested within the Valley basin and her labored breath no longer dominated her hearing, she heard the wailing cries of her companion. Her paws clinging to her wrapped wound now bruised. X'yrin could say nothing as she looked upon the smaller girl, her hands trembling as she attempted to reach out to her. The owl was forgotten now, leaving a wound for the supposed warrior to mend. She was not good with messes like these... not good at all.

An apology sat on the tip of her trembling tongue without a breath to bring it to life. Should she apologize? Would it even be accepted? This was not some sparring match were injuring occurred, this was the result of her own absentmindedness. This was the cause of her letting her rage get the better of her. And where had it come from? Was she not composed and clearheaded? Where had this anger stemmed all of a sudden? Just from that annoying bird? It was hard to believe even though that damage had been dealt that she was even capable of being riled up like that...

The whine of concern jarred X'yrin from her frightened stupor. Her hands still outstretch finally recoiled against her chest, feeling the panicked beat of her heart. "Shiloh..." she uttered quietly, shamefully... laying her ears flat against her skull with a whine of grief. "I am so sorry. I hadn't meant to harm you... I wasn't thinking at all." She lowered her head, eyeing the snowy female as she tended to the injured's wound. "I can... I can take you home. Or to a healer. Ichika has to have a healer, yes? Please Shiloh I am so sorry.... let me help you."

[/html]
Shiloh couldn't even think right though the pain that was flashing though her ankle. It was swelling but hadn't broken under X'yrin's great weight. She felt the alabaster woman, Kiara, lick her hand softly and whine in worry. Shiloh started to unwrap her ankle, too swollen to even move. She looked up as X'yrin came over, mumbling her apologizes asking if she could help her. Shiloh whimpered in pain and tried to stand,gingerly trying to stand on her ankle. It was way too swollen to even walk on and Shiloh stumbled into X'yrin, using the golden woman as a crutch. "I.... I n...need..a...h...healer...it h..hurts...I...I can't walk,"she whispered to X'yrin before sitting back down. She looked at Kiaraand gave her a weak smile. She was worried about her Shiloh knew and she wondered why Kiara didn't shift. It was the first time Shiloh had met someone that couldn't shift and she wondered what kept the girl from shifting. Kavi threatened to take over and Shiloh looked down as her eyes sparked from a light grass green to emerald as Kavi took over. "Who are you people? Why does my ankle hurt again!"she snarled at X'yrin. She looked from the golden wolf to the woman sitting next to her. What was going on?
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 207

That morning had started off well enough, but now it wasn't even midday and disaster had struck the trio. Shiloh was hurt, X'yrin looked okay but was practically having a mental breakdown, and Kiara couldn't even transform to try and help the two. It was at times like these that Kiara wished she could stand up on two paws like the luperci do. X'yrin was desperately trying to apologize as Shiloh attempted to stand. Kiara sat next to the injured female and watched helplessly as Shiloh stumbled into the nomad. It was clean that Shiloh would be unable to walk for a few days.

Kiara thought that things couldn't get any worse today, until Shiloh went through some hidden change. The stuttering female stopped her stutter altogether and acted like she didn't know who X'yrin and Kiara were. The arctic wolf became sorely confused, perhaps the fall had hurt Shiloh's head somehow. "Shiloh, it's me, Kiara. Your ankle hurts because you fell and you need to see a healer. If you can't walk, you can ride on my back, I don't think you'll be too heavy." Kiara couldn't help but let out a small whine. She was worried about both X'yrin and Shiloh. "X'yrin, are you hurt?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Shall we fade to black and assume Shiloh was lead to a healer?

The trauma this would cause down the line... X'yrin felt like such a fool for her behavior. It was all she could do not to break down and plead for forgiveness then and there, but surprisingly now composure decided to rear its head. Reclaiming some semblance of calm, X'yrin was able to register what needed to be done. Without a doubt, the girl would need a healer; her own words confirming this as she fell into the Nomad for support. X'yrin looked to Kiara, noting her concern for the both of them. "I'm alright," she assured her with a subtle pat of her tail.

However the small party did not appear to be alright on more than the surface. A sudden change in her demeanor warranted a shock from the russet woman. Had she hit her head in the fall? She really did need a healer at this rate! Oh what had this oaf of a warrior done to this innocent girl?! "Shiloh I am so sorry! Kiara, I will take her, but would you please come with us?" Who knows what else could happen? The day had started so pleasantly and transgressed to this before noon even rose. With the day not even over, there was plenty more that could go wrong.

Carefully, she attempted to slip an arm under the girl's legs and braced her other arm against her back to hoist her up. Provided there wasn't any fuss on part of the injured, she would take the girl were she needed to go.

[End ?]

[/html]