Frost and Fire
Flowers. What were they again? Wheatley found himself pondering over the same topic. For the fourth time. Shaking his head, Wheatley tried pronouncing it, his british accent very obvious. "Flow-ers. Flowers" he said, an expression of confusion upon his features. Then he got the idea. Stepping forward, the scrawny coywolf followed the scent of flowers that had been getting steadily stronger. Still, he had no current memory of flowers, and didn't understand that the sweet scent that the pollen was giving off. His instincts told him to follow his nose, so follow his nose he did.

It was quite soon that he came upon the large field of flowers, and Wheatley found his memory of them returning. He grinned, slightly lopsidedly, but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. It was then Wheatley almost tripped upon something. He backed up, looking down at his feet, and saw a skull. Splattered with something red. He presumed the worst as usual, bursting into an outbreak of shouts. "Oh my God! Is... is it really a skull? And, oh god, that better not be blood.... if it is.. oh god, oh my god..." Wheatley ended his outbreak since he had run out of air, and retreated a few steps, away from the skull.

It was then that he spotted more of these markers, and even a stake in the ground, with another skull perched atop it. Wheatley realised that this place was pack territory. He wanted to slap himself. "I knew there'd be markers..... but I wasn't expecting this." he said, a slight chuckle coming into his words at the end. Wheatley snorted at his own stupidity, and sat down. He wanted to join, but did he have to do anything? Like howl? Or did he just wait? Wheatley decided on the less vocal option, and stayed where he was, outside the border, waiting patiently.
[html]

Hello hello! Good to see you join us! :]

Sage had caught the unknown scent on the wind only minutes ago, and she was hot on the trail. Slender legs wrapped around her steed as he carried her in the stranger's direction, ears and eyes alert. She was wary lately. The Gypsy Vanner's strides took her fast across the countryside, and it wasn't long before she noticed the awkwardly thin, pale figure. Clearly no pure coyote. Worried, she slowed to watch him for a moment, but his actions seemed less threatening than curious, so she moved forward.

"Hello, sir," she called out into the oncoming breeze, cupping a hand over her mouth. She urged Lennon forward and the horse complied. He moved carefully around the stranger, but she reached out a hand to pat him comfortingly. "You've found Inferni; can I help you?" His body was odd; too thin for a wolf, but too tall for a coyote. He was a hybrid, she knew, and the Optio wondered what business he had here, seeming as uncomfortable as he did.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Midget on the loose!

Zana had been following the scent and sight of the Inferni member for a little while. She was stealthy enough, it came with her size and a need to survive, but most of all she was bored and there was little she could actually do in the clan's lands besides find food and gather supplies for the winter. She had already visited the horses that day. Saol had been himself, and the mare and filly had accepted her presence like normal. They were growing use to her visits and enjoyed it when she groomed ticks and burrs from their pelts and mane. She had picked up the scent of the higher ranked Inferni member soon after that and had begun her stalking of the leader, always staying a distance away and yet able to keep up nicely just the same

She realized a pace too late that the leader had paused in her motions and was talking to someone at the borders. Zana's keen nose told her this was no clan members and the small female was feeling feisty today so she scampered across the grounds and made a running leap for the pike in which one of the skulls was planted on. The pike shifted slightly from her small weight but held as she eyed the intruder, knowing she looked a joke by her size, but her unruly curls and the wolf skin cloak she wore made her look a bit insane, she had to prove herself if she wanted to intimidate anything, and there wasn't really time for that.

"Can we eat him?" she asked the leader, a mocking grin upon her tiny maw as she eyed the whip thin figure before her.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Sorry this is late, I haven't had a chance to post it.

Wheatley found his paws falling asleep. He sighed, and got up. Really, he would have preferred to stay seated, but having numb paws didn't help his clumsiness. Blue eyes scanned around, looking for movement. He didn't see much, except a shape in the distance. Wait. Wheatley snapped his attention t the object. Yep. Definitely moving. He was now alert, ears pricked and eyes trying to make out what it was. Negative possibilities ran through his mind in a stream, and he found himself faltering. What if it was something dangerous? What would he do then?

He had been so distracted by his thoughts that the creature had gotten noticeably closer. He could now make out a horse, but with something, or someone riding it. What was a horse doing here anyway? Wheatley frowned, puzzling over the factor. Then he heard a voice calling out to him, and at first he thought it was the horse. Wheatley told himself he was being stupid. "Hello..." he replied, seeing the figure seated upon the horse, who had now confirmed his thoughts. Wheatley heard the Luperci speak, and was about to reply when another Luperci jumped out of somewhere onto a stake. Wheatley turned his attention to her, then gave his answer to the one seated on the horse. "Er.. I was, um, hoping to, er, join." he finally stammered out, his nerve failing.

Wheatley snapped his gaze to the small luperci as she asked about eating him. ”I doubt I’d taste nice" he said, a wry smile upon his maw, slightly glad of the distraction.
[html]

no worries Smile bit of pp where he introduces himself; hope you don't mind, to speed it up a bit? :>

Sage recognized his nervousness, and tried to give him a comforting smile as she slid off of Lennon's back to the ground. The Optio had begun to move closer to him when a rustling in the brush alerted her of another presence. Her gaze whipped around and before she realized, she was in the company of a small woman who she had yet to meet. Sage was taken aback by her tiny size, almost like a child or a midget. Blinking back her shock, the coyote couldn't help but shake her head and give an almost awkward chuckle. No, she was not going to eat him; she wasn't a cannibal! Besides, the stranger was at least twice the size of the tiny golden woman. Despite his thin frame, she was betting he would be able to hold his own against the pygmy. "I agree, he's too thin," she said with a laugh now, hoping that the strange woman had been joking after all.

When her sunshine gaze found the silvery stranger again, she cleared her throat. "Well, then..." she started, casting a quick glance to Zana before focusing again. "Let's start with your name, shall we? I'm Sage River Lykoi," she started, bowing her head in place of the hand shake she would have given a Luperci. When he introduced himself, she smiled and continued. "Tell me about yourself, then, Wheatley... How did you find us? Have you any skills?"

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]She was slightly disappointed that no one seemed to want to eat the strange male, but then again he really didn't seem like he could even feed her with that scrawny frame and lanky lean arms and legs. She pouted slightly and sighed as she grumbled. "I never get to eat of the fresh meat.." Her voice whiny as she glanced towards the leader, her tiny ribbon wrapped tail wagging slightly as she grinning a lopsided grin before draping her tiny frame onto the pike she was using as support. Utterly relaxed and at home at the height she settled in as the leader began to start the general process of interrogating the newcomer to the lands.

Zana waggled little fingers at the male as she added. "I'm Zana Lykoi as well.." Listening in as he and her other leader traded bits of information. It had been a long time since Zana had watched anyone accepted into the lands and in case one day she was alone at the border and a stranger came looking for a home in their lands she wanted to make certain she did it right and didn't leave out anything important. She doubted that anyone would take her questions seriously until a real leader showed up, but it was a valued skill to have none the less.[/html]
OOC: Thats fine

Wheatley watched as the first Luperci dismounted the horse, and moved towards him. She seemed surprised at the arrival of the smaller Luperci, and first of all, Wheatley couldn't figure out why. Then it hit him. The small one wasn't a pup, as he had thought, but an adult. For a moment he was surprised, and now understood why she had asked about eating him. Still, he was slightly relieved when the first Luperci joined in with his humor, and he offered a grin when she laughed.

”Glad to meet you Sage” he said, and bowed his head in return. ”and you too, Zana” Wheatley directed this to Zana with a smile. Wheatley had to think for a moment when Sage asked him about skills, then replied. ”It was the smell of the flowers that first led me here.” Wheatley then continued, ” and I know quite a bit on healing, but I don’t usually find the need to use it. ”
[html]

one or two more and i'll accept you. :] sorry for this weird post! :S

Sage thought that Wheatley was pleasant enough so far; a man who remembered his courtesies was uncommon around here. She noticed his thick scars and tattered ears, and wondered whether this nervous man had once been a fighter. When he mentioned the flowers, though, that thought vanished and she paused to take a deep breath. The cool air nipped at her wet nose, and the smell of the blossoms filled her head. The Garden of Eden was nearby, she knew; he must have caught wind of their fresh blooms. "They are quite lovely this year..." she commented dreamily, smiling at the scent. Since Inferni had claimed the land, Sage had taken to spending time there, and found the fragrance to be almost therapeutic.

Zana had become quiet, and Sage had to look over to be sure that the small russet Tirones was still there. She was, and at the mention of his healing skills Sage's face brightened. First aid knowledge was always helpful; Sage herself knew about bandaging and healing herbs for most minor wounds, but she had yet to learn more. "Oh, that's very good. What sorts of things do you know? Enkiel is our healer now, but perhaps he could use some help. Maybe you could learn something from him, too," she suggested. The Resarcio was quiet and anti-social, Sage knew, but Wheatley seemed quite unsure himself; maybe they would get along. "Our members are quite accident-prone, you may notice," she said, stealing a glance towards Zana. "We're mainly coyotes and hybrids here, Wheatley; you may get strange looks for that white pelt of yours." Her tone was friendly, only offering advice and warning. She would not shun him for his looks, but she knew that some might.

It was odd to her to see this man remain on four legs, and she wondered if he wasn't a Luperci. Without wondering if it was rude to ask, she did. "You've no two-legged form, then?" It wasn't a bad thing, but she was curious. A larger man like him would do well on two legs, she thought.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]She could have gagged at the near poetics that had brought the man to their borders, not because he seemed to be more refined than the others in the clan, but perhaps a mere jealous, knowing that she would never be one to fawn and sigh over the beauty of flowers presented to her. She had given up almost entirely on romance, it was a far foolish idea, a dream if anything for one like her. Zana snorted at the two mooning over flowers for a moment, knowing her tastes in flowers would come when they were hanging to dry in her den, where they could be put to real uses, not at the sentimental hearts of dreamers.

The small girl had been listening with half an ear about his skill at healing. While Zana knew the healing properties of plants, roots and others items of the land she had always been far more interested in the darker arts of apothecary, they were a skill that she had come to appreciate when it came to her size. Her eyes had been scanning the male's tattered frame when she finally caught onto the words of the leader. "Hey, I am not accident prone, I just look far tastier than the rest of this lot here.." She raised her nose in the air, ignoring the glance the leader had tossed her way as she tried to remain aloof on the whole topic at hand.

It didn't take long for her to ease her mind back into the conversation as she was sparked with interest at Sage asking about the male remaining on all fours. She shifted her weight to a more comfortable position as she inhaled the scent of flowers they had spoken of earlier. It had been a long time since she'd met one who remained on all fours, unless she knew more but they were that good at keeping secrets. It was possible she knew.[/html]
Wheatley sat himself down again, finding more comfort in the lower position. He was glad when Sage commented on the flowers, and that he didn't need to be embarrassed about his interest in the blooms. "They are..." he said, agreeing with Sage. Wheatley was amused by Zana's snort, and glanced over at her, a grin being shown. Wheatley was surprised when Sage’s face visibly brightened at the mention of his medical skills. Not many people showed interest in that. He listened eagerly as Sage spoke about Enkiel. ”Enkiel.. I’ll remember that name.” he said, thinking out loud, ”I’m not that good with physical injuries, but I can treat things like fever and, er, colds” Wheatley stopped to take a breath, ”It’d be interesting to learn more though”.

Wheatley let out a small heh of amusement when Sage said about the members being accident-prone, and saw her glance towards Zana. ”I do notice” he chuckled. Then hearing Zana’s response, grinned. Wheatley’s expression turned serious as Sage informed him of the pack. Wheatley gave a shrug, ”I’ve always had that, I’m used to it” he confided, a calm tone to his voice. Wheatley was taken by surprise by Sage’s next question, and it took him a moment to respond. ”Er, no.” Wheatley paused, thinking of what to say next. ” I’m pretty much certain I don’t”. He stopped, slightly stunned at himself. It had been a while since he’d never had something to say, especially since nobody had asked him that question before.
[html]

Sorry I rambled a bit... but, welcome to Inferni!

Sage nodded importantly, watching Wheatley as she listened to the wolfish man speak. Her smiles and perked ears alone said that she approved of his skills, but she spoke it nonetheless. "Very good! Personally, I'm excited to have you on board! I'm sure everyone else will agree," she added, glancing again to Zana with a laugh, this time true and joking. At first she had been unsettled by the small woman, but maybe she wasn't so bad after all. Besides, she was family.

"All right, then, that's very good," she enthused, pleased with his nonchalant answer. The Optio frowned, afraid that her confirmation had made him self-conscious, noticing his hesitant, unsure expression. She gave a soft, apologetic chuckle; she hadn't been around many non-Luperci. In this busy area, they were everywhere. "I'm sorry, sir; we don't get many without the virus these days. I'm so used to it... forgive me," she said, bowing her head. "If you'll please just follow me, I'd like to introduce you to Inferni, Wheatley. You'll be a Tirones for now..." her voice trailed off dreamily and she turned south, ready to get home. The coyote whistled at Lennon and he came trotting behind as she started walking, leading the way into Inferni's heart. He might like the caves more, she thought, remembering his feral form, and decided to head in that direction. She trusted Lennon to wander, but he kept pace just behind them. "I'll show you to the caves, where many of our residents make their home. Ezekiel, the Aquila, lives there, too. Maybe he'll be around," she offered, shrugging happily, glad to be headed back in. The caves were a detour from her room in the D'Neville mansion, but it would be nice to peek around them. She didn't see Zeke often enough anyways, she thought.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to InferniRANKS · SITE · WIKI · NEWS

As a new member, why not:

quare;">[*]Create some AW (all welcome) threads in our territory and meet some of your fellow clan members. Alternatively, you can join another member's AW thread (open threads are found here) or request for some private threads for plot purposes in our thread request forum.[*]Add your character to our member list. To do this, please post your character's information in this thread, using the form provided in the first post. NPC characters and NPC open characters of Inferni can be added as well, and will be displayed in their special sections of the list.[*]Check out our pack game and start earning points! The game is a great way to get fancy titles and icons for your character.[*]Take a look at the thread prompts. Every month, Inferni puts up three thread prompts, intended to promote activity and get Inferni members to know each other better both in and out of character. The list of current thread prompts can be found at the bottom of our Inferni Information Portal, as well as beneath the prizes on our game page.[/LIST]

If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!