cluas chaoin
[html]
Silvano

Anu had sent her daughter and sons away. Though she had always been a meek wolf, she had some sense of pride. Despite her frail form she could still care for herself, for her ills were healing and she was no longer bandaged. She had been taken take of, tended to and fed. Her strength was returning and she was eager to regain a sense of purpose in the ranks. Anu was still the second in command, her talents still alive and well. She simply needed to practice them.

With the help of the apple tree limb she had come down the stairs in the brisk morning light, and wandered into the common living space of the Manor. It was dim, the Sun's light had yet to break through the frost lined panes of glass. She could see her breath, billowing lightly before her nose. The wolfess stood looking at the room, and knew what it needed.

Slowly she placed the logs into the ancient fireplace. They where heavier then one would think, and she used to hands to lift them from the stack and onto the burnt embers from fire the night before.

[/html]
[html]
000+
Thank god I checked today xD

Silvano had woken up before dawn, well aware his insomnia would not let him sleep for the rest of the day. Hopefully, he could sleep again that night rather than the next day as was want to happen. He was unsure what was causing it, but he had nightmares, and rarely did he want to sleep to experience them. It was all after killing that monster that the nightmares came and made his already rampant inability to sleep worse. He could stay awake for a day or two and then knock out for a good ten or so hours. But now, he was lucky to get five every two days, and that was without the dreams.

It was not hunger that drove him out of the library and away from a book he was rereading for the fifth time. It was noise in the manor, clanking but not aggressive. No one would make a noise like that attacking. But regardless, Silvano crept around a corner with his body ready to move. But all he saw was his mother's second in command, a woman he regarded as an aunt.

"Anu?" he asked, seeing her walking stick. "Is everything okay?" he asked out of genuine concern. She was out of her bandages, and Silvano himself was out of his own, though there would be a thin patch of hair on his lower back for a long time, if not his entire life.

<style type="text/css">
.tellthem b {font-weight:normal; color:#9b9ba5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#64767f 0px 0px 3px; }
.tellthem .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bcbdbd; text-align:center; text-shadow:#171639 0px 1px 1px;}
.tellthem p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.tellthem {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#171639; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kiJVb.jpg), url(http://i.imgur.com/AUYWY.jpg); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #08081f; padding: 170px 0px 30px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#51577e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
i had planned on PM'n you! you just got to it first lol

Her hands placed the log on top of another, her arms aching from the work. A voice startled her, and the older wolfess jump slightly. Oh! She spoke in surprise, having been deep in thought and working hard to arrange the timber. Turning quickly she saw that it was Savina's son that questioned her. Anu smiled, even laughing lightly at herself for being so easily crept up upon. Oh yes, I'm just starting a fire. There is such a chill in here. Anu explained, wish a soft smile and a slight shiver.

The fey gathered a bit of tinder to start the embers, Will you bring me those matches Silvano? She pointed to the box of old and values matches that sat on the table just paces away.

[/html]
[html]
000+
hehe, yay for short and sweet <3

The man nodded, having felt the chill come more and more often as he woke in the morning. Nights were cooler and the days were as well. But he thought nothing of it, as his pelt thickened with the approaching winter. Soon he would be thick and fluffy, well protected from the weather. But he was also young and rather healthy. Anu had been imprisoned and probably tortured somewhat. And she was older, from what the younger man could see.

"Of course," he said as he strode to the matches and gathered them up. He handed the box to her waiting fingers. "How are you feeling? Any better?" Silvano's tone was pleasant, and he stood at the ready. If the woman needed him for something he could easily get to it. "Winter is coming," he added, almost offhanded. Of course it was coming. It was getting colder, wasn't it?

<style type="text/css">
.tellthem b {font-weight:normal; color:#9b9ba5; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#64767f 0px 0px 3px; }
.tellthem .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bcbdbd; text-align:center; text-shadow:#171639 0px 1px 1px;}
.tellthem {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#171639; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/kiJVb.jpg), url(http://i.imgur.com/AUYWY.jpg); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #08081f; padding: 170px 0px 30px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#51577e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
short is good ^^

The young wolf was quite the dear, picking up the matches and bringing them to her just as she asked. Anu smiled at him, holding the box in her hands and speaking a warm, Thank you. It was wooden, withstanding the test of time by sheer luck and then by gentle care of the pack.

Blue eyes watched the male, Everyday brings a little strength they took back to me. Anu looked down, white fingers opening the box and picking up one of the few matches that were left. A strike lit the match and nimbly she placed it against the tinder and waited for it to catch. The fire ate the dry grass, and bit at the logs eagerly.

She returned to him nodding, yes indeed winter would be upon them. Her smile had faded, reality setting in. It is, soon the snows will fall and green grass and flowers will just be a memory. But then, she could feel heat of the growing fire against her back. A push to move through the cold and make her way the couch where she had sat many times before. How are you, Silvano? I'm sure you will fair well this winter. he was not the largest of wolves but his thick pelt would do him nicely once the frosts came and never left.

[/html]
[html]
000+
I feel like I haven't had a thread with you in forever, and I've never had one with Anu :|

He watched as the older woman took out a match, a rare commodity. He could almost feel the pangs of guilt as she struck it and lit the bulbous end. Soon enough, the fire started eating at the dry grass, only to begin licking at the wood. It caught fire slowly, and warmth started to filter into the room as smoke rose up through the open chimney. "I wish we had more of those. If only we could make them, it would save us so much trouble." He would need to see about finding flint and steel, if he could only find a way to identify both.

Silvano's look shifted to sadness as she mentioned the grass and flowers disappearing. This would be his second winter, his first having been in the midst of his childhood. Giselle loved flowers, he knew. She would miss them, most assuredly. Maybe he could talk to Mati about flowers for the pale woman. Anything to make her smile. Emerald eyes turned to the older woman, and he watched her sit down on the comfortable couch. He chose to sit beside her, a respectable distance away. "I know, but that doesn't mean I'll like it much."

The Sadira looked at his hands. "Anu, do you think you can give me some womanly advice about something? Mom's been scarce and I don't want to burden her too much. She's gotta be really stressed." But he looked up at Anu in horror at his own words. "I don't mean you're not! Not stressed, this is."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
glad we're having one, Anu wont be around forever lol

The fire cracked, the fibers of the dead tree whittled away by the burning flames. It popped, sending an echo towards her ears and filling the now not so dreary room with its voice. Anu had feared fire at a time. During her days of being a Jaded Shadows wolf, when her home was a dirt lined den and her companion a silvery hued female. Fire had been a foe, threatening to kill trees that she loved and the home of the Shadow wolves. How time could change, and how a wolf could in a single lifetime. Controlled, it was a comforting and precious thing.

The elder agreed, the matches were a precious thing. But it was her experience that they would find more, somehow and somewhere. There would always be a way.

The young wolf sat beside her, remaining as her company to her pleasure. It was not often that Anu could even steal a glance of the Sadira male, and her natural curiosity for Savina's children remained even when they were grown. Perhaps this winter will be different for you. Hope, honest hope that stemmed from her experience and faith that the world would always turn and with it's turn came change. He was so young, a life of wonderful experiences ahead of him. Even in the darkness and cold of winter.

She did not expect the next question, but her demeanor did not shift. The soft gaze, and gentle interested look upon her face unchanged. He faltered in his phrase, but she did not find offense in them. The gray wolfess shook her head, Your mother has taken up the roles of two, to let me heal. And she has been a mother to my children in the past... Anu spoke in a quiet tone. Savina had advised Mati, to her own knowledge. She watched him, the floor his for whatever female related troubles he may be having.

[/html]
[html]
300+
She is getting to be an old lady xD

The mottled male gave a dry laugh. He knew enough about winter not to look forward to another. The last time, he almost lost his sister, and his adopted brother had been murdered on their own pack lands. At least the fighting had finished up before winter began its full fledged attack on the lands. "Well, I hope so, too. But that's not exactly the hardest thing to accomplish, is it?" Silvano pulled a face as he thought ahead to a winter hopefully not as bad as his first one. Nothing could be worse than that, with a blizzard, death, and suffering. What could make that pale in comparison? "At least there will be no more fighting," he added with a sigh, praying he was right.

Anu did not seem to be offended at all, understanding his words. The Sadira almost let out a sigh of pure relief; he did not to insult his mother's friend and his superior. "Thank you," he said to her, rather gratefully. "I don't know if you know a young woman named Giselle? She's white, and terribly bubble?" Silvano sent the grey woman a look of questioning, then averted his gaze back to the floors that desperately needed a wash and a wax. "We.. she.. I don't know where to start." He rubbed at the back of his head as he fervently tried to figure out his words. "I saved her from one of the invaders, a while back, and it seemed like we became.. something? But I don't know if she really cares or if it's because I saved her..," he told the woman, wondering if that was enough information. Maybe he ought to mention making her cry the first time he kissed her, or their dance in the fireflies?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Yes, the woman had to agree with the young male. At least for him, winter would just be another season. Simply colder then the rest. Her inner voice spoke to her with a caution that she was sure Silvano did not hear himself. The hardship that winter would bring her still healing body was unknown, but she feared that the cold would hit her bones this year. But yes, at least there wouldn't be any fighting. It was a hope that they could stand behind. AniWaya was subdued, and the other packs had been quiet and distant.

She listened to his troubles, silently so that he did not feel rushed to explain and describe. She was happy to listen, and help if she could. The fey hadn't played a game of love for some time, but there was something unchanging and classic about the way to a woman's heart. The times changed and yet the feminine emotions of generations did not. We have not spoken, but I have seen her. She answered, suddenly saddened that she did not know the pack member personally. Yet she placed her focus on the male and his concerns with this Giselle.

It was the question. Anu had known it before. It was the first large wonder of an interested and enticed heart. Were the feelings mutual? Anu smiled softly. It takes a brave heart to open the door to possible rejection. But, how else will you ever know unless you simply ask? The question could be simple, softened by the presence of a gift or a sweet kiss if he could be so bold. But, her mind could never be read, and to one that needed answers instead of hints it was the only way to put that wonder to rest. It will save you many sleepless nights. Anu would bet that the wolfess felt the same.

[/html]
[html]
000+
sorry for delay :x

Silvano explained it all to the woman, who listened ever so patiently. She did not ask any questions, interjecting into his train of thought. And he was terribly thankful for that. Everything he had to say came tumbling out and he let her know what was important. And she did not judge him at all, but gave him a calm look. Anu smiled, as though the situation amused her. It was a smile that said she knew the situation from experience and now was teaching from it. Her advice had to be good, especially at her age. Surely, she had plenty of knowledge.

The young man gave a slightly laugh, leaning back against the couch. His head went back, short curling hair dangling lightly down the nape of his neck. "Anu, I rarely sleep at all, even if I'm lucky. The last time I slept good and proper was when I fell asleep with Giselle. That was the best sleep I'd have in months." The nightmares hadn't bothered him then, nor the sleeplessness.

Silvano rubbed the back of his head slightly, looking rather awkward. "During the second raid, I saved her from one of the invaders." The trouble it had caused him was slight, but it was the nightmares and pain that had been the most inconvenient. "But neither one of us has.. said anything.."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was surprised to hear that the young wolf had such troubles with sleep. Such things came from many different causes. The stress of his questions regarding the female would bring nagging thoughts, thoughts that were unstoppable and wouldn't allow for rest. It could an ailment of the body, a mystery that Anu had never had the motivation to learn more about in the past. There were nightmares as well, visions that during the light were hidden in the shadow of the mind. Then, when eyes closed and the light could not keep them at bay, they overtook her and replayed the fear and the pain. She would wake, enthralled in the physical changes that those thoughts dragged her through. The bonds of her prison, the tightness around her neck. The rope cutting her again...

Anu felt her fingers along her neck unknowingly. What would you wish to say to her? She asked, breaking the rapid locomotive train of thoughts. There was no rope, only a scare where her delicate fingers traced. Her tone had been soft, a simple question rather then a judgmental one.

[/html]
[html]
000+

How could the man even notice the way the woman was acting? Her hands went to her throat as she thought about who knew what, but the Sadira only stared up at the ceiling as he thought. His heart was full of embarrassment, especially since he had not really managed to figure what it was he felt. He knew, oh he knew, but to put it into words was too hard to really manage, even alone. It was six times harder with Anu beside him. She was not Giselle, nor did she know the young woman. But it was still being said out loud to a breathing being. It was difficult.

Silvano straightened, and his fingers clashed with one another, and he felt them tightly press into each other, intertwined. He thought, genuinely, then looked at Anu with a serious look, almost as though he were apologetic. He was a dense one, that was for sure. "I'd tell her I love her." It sounded so strange to him, the boy who told only his mother and father that he loved them, and on occasion his sisters. But to tell Anu what he felt about someone else, made his heart hammer hard. What would it be like when he told Giselle? Would it be ripped out of his throat entirely?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Her body relaxed, the memories gone. It gave light to the young male's problem, allowing her to watch him as she waited for an answer to the short yet complicated question. His eyes returned to her face, ans she could not find a great deal of confusion. It was difficult, his tone speaking of so. But he knew what he wanted.

It seemed to roll of his tongue like a square stone might roll down a hill, hitting every syllable firmly. It did not bounce or seem jumbled. He wanted what he said, and there was no hesitation there. It was hard though, to let the words breathe and give the idea life in the air around them.

Anu nodded, her smile fading slightly into a contemplative line. It was certainly a predicament and his battle would be uphill if it was this hard for him to express his feelings to even Anu. Who had always seen herself as a soft ear to place even the heaviest new upon. And what are you afraid of? That she does not love you back? She asked, her tone the same.

[/html]
[html]
000+

Anu no longer smiled calmly at him, he noticed. Maybe she understood his dilemma exactly, and was wondering just what he ought to do to get through it. But her words made it feel like no big deal, and the young man felt himself shrink slightly. It was like he was being stupid, because that was exactly what he was. He knew he ought to say it with ease, but he was never one to follow whims and emotions, like others in his family. It was always logic and clarity that ran his limbs than desires. But why was he struggling with this for whatever reason.

"Shouldn't I be?" he asked her tentatively, brows furrowing as his voice rang quietly in question. He leaned onto his thighs, elbows wedged firmly. "Isn't that what anyone worries about?" Silvano was genuinely concerned she didn't, because she never really acted like she wanted more than friendship from him, despite all those circumstances. "Sometimes, I feel like she does, but other times.. I don't have a single clue..," he said meekly, feeling rather silly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She was too old for her own romantic escapades, she thought when the idea came to her. Anu had had her moments, she had those happy times and the ones that made her heart feel as if it would rip right in two. She was too old, and time had taken its toll. She needed to be content spending her time in simple ways. The questions that the young pondered for hours and hours were no longer things she needed to wonder. She pushed the want and need to love in her own life aside. Such a chapter was finished in her life. Painful dramatics played out so that maybe she could help other's like Silvano as they trudged through the turmoil and then watch as they frolicked through the understanding....

He laid out his concerns, and as Anu suspected they were honest ones that any disheartened and innocent creature would have. At times it seems safer to keep our feelings hidden, yes. She gave as an answer to his question. If you think she is a genuine woman, then it is likely that she is just as confused as you are about her signals. Have you ever tried to be closer to her, but then retracted fearing that you may have seemed to forward. It is an innocent mistake, and as hard as she is to understand... It is likely she wonders the same things about you.

It was like a game, one trying to read deeper into the actions of the other in the hopes of predicting the next move. It could be a fun adventure, or it could take a stressful toll on ones heart.

[/html]
[html]
000+
Would you like to wrap up soon? c:

The young man gave a sigh to relief as she confirmed his feelings. He knew he wasn't insane to not tell her, that it was okay for him to be afraid. But he could still feel the tone beneath her words, that he should tell her and just get it over with. Silvano was afraid, and he was so often unafraid anymore. He had killed, he had fought, he won, and he was educated enough to answer questions without missing a beat. But Silvano found it so disgustingly laughable that he couldn't even manage to tell the girl he cared for that he cared for her and had strong feelings for her. They were a few short simple words and he couldn't even manage to say them to her. What did that say about him?

But Anu continued, and what she said made him think, pause, and freeze. Had he ever done that? Now that he thought of it, he must have. She had cried whenever he had been too forward, at least that was how it felt to him. But he had never considered that she had been just as confused as he and was just as confused by the messages the other sent. How could Silvano have never thought of it? That only made him want to smack his head against the wall. "I.. Maybe..," he said in response to her question, looking away. It was so obvious. It was his fault. "Do you think so?" Silvano gave a dry laugh and leaned back again. "I guess I'll just have to man up and ask her, shouldn't I?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html] Sorry this is short, posting at my brother's house with tooooo many distraction.. one more post then close, or now?

The question hung in the air, and she could see the gears turning as he thought it over. It was easy to watch another's actions. Their kind was born to watch one another, body language was as loud as their voices. But then to turn that sight inward, was much more difficult.

He asked her, and all the woman could do was smile slightly. It may, or nay not be the truth. But the female was experienced and knew the odds. It was likely that the young lovebirds were just too inexperienced to know the signs and understand the signs that they were sending.

Honesty is always right... but it is not always easy. She answered, folding her hands on her lap. It seemed like they had settled this unrest.

[/html]
[html]
000+
It's okay! Always okay! You can archive when you've read or respond if you want <3

They were indeed young. They had never loved before. Or at least Silvano had never loved as he had now, for this young woman. It was going to be hard getting her to open to him and it was going to be even harder for him to open up his heart to her. But he wanted her to be a book to him, and he knew he had to let himself be a book to Giselle if he wanted to truly win her love and affection. It was terrifying as hell, though. His heart was beating just at the thought of it, too.

Silvano slowly rose up, stretching but making sure not to hit his head against the ceiling above him. "Thank you, Anu." Silvano gave her a genuine smile of thanks and of affection. She was wise and he appreciated her bearing with him. "I truly am glad to have talked to you. I.. I think I'll go do some thinking." He would have given her a hug if it would not have been awkward. Slowly, he left the woman on the couch by the fire and headed up the creaking stairwell.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]<3

She nodded, and watched as he rose and took his leave. The fire cracked, breaking the silence that she was left in. It had been ignored while the old and young had spoken. Anu wondered what would happen, and yet she felt as if she already knew what would come to light. Blue eyes looked into the flames, watching them dance. Then, they slowly closed. Blue disappeared behind light gray and white lids, her sight becoming dark and lost until pictures played before her minds eye.

Loves she missed, loves taken from her and she could almost feel the scars they had left. The wolfess leaned heavier into the seat, her chin dipping slightly as her memories became dreams and the silence made her slowly fade into a light yet restful sleep.

[/html]