bag of bones
[html]

Word Count »

Had he been anything but a doctor, Enkiel would have found something sexual about the behavior of the massage. Sex was one of the last things on his mind these days, though he had been quite interested in Sa’adat when he had arrived. It helped that she was size, he supposed—the idea of mating with a woman larger than him was laughable. After all, he had seen how well that had worked out with Talitha and Cotl.

At Zana’s question, the jackal nodded and slid from the large male’s back. He reached for and pulled on the woolen poncho hanging from a nail nearby, smoothing his dark hair with one hand with practiced indifference. Enkiel kept his appearance up for more than simply his own gain; filth was something that no gods approved of. Even the mad Arabs had known that. “There is much more to medicine than simply tea,” the red-eyed man explained, and while he did not smile, there was the ghost of humor in his tone. “If it was so easy I would not have need for this building.” For indeed within he stored a mass of strange and homebrewed medicines for such purposes. It was the only duty he had found worthy of his time—he was too small to fight, too unprepared for the weather to truly scout.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/enky.css);
</style>
[/html]
[html]
A+ for this thread. Big Grin / +289

The massage was over much more quickly than Helotes would have liked and when his male cousin removed himself from his backside he couldn’t help but let loose a disappointed grunt. He sat up and stretched, his back letting loose another myriad of pops and turned to listen to Enkiel speak to Zana about the intricacies of medicine. Helotes took a moment to himself to look upon his cousins with loving eyes; he had never had an extended family like this, full of individuals whom he cared for, who accepted him and whom he could trust. His heart swelled with pride for Inferni, and especially the Lykoi family.

When Enkiel pointed out his various medical oddities Helotes looked around the room; indeed there were some bottles full of mysterious concoctions as well as some scary looking contraptions that Helotes hoped he would never learn the use for. He stretched again and put his paws behind his head, causing the bandages around his chest to go taught, Thanks for the rub down, Enkiel. I feel a lot better. Indeed, the Imperium’s hands had done more than soothe his muscles, but they seemingly had soothed his bruised pride.

He gave Zana a smirk, he was beginning to grow found of the little cousin even though they had only just met, Well, I’m going to head back to the room; I’ve been cooped up in there for days and it’s quite dreary, I suppose I could do some light cleaning. It was an excuse to remove himself from their company, not that it had been bad, just that he sensed the conversation shifting to a topic that did not interest him. He gave them both a nod and then made his leave.

<style type="text/css">
.hell-2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a1723d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3f2917; }
.hell-2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.hell-2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#674c36; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zjRm9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8d7154; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.hell-2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hell-2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
ooc: We can end this here with Zana and Enkiel wandering off taking of poison and helaing powers while Helotes head to bed?

ic:

She had slid off of the bed and flicked her eyes towards Enkiel as he spoke of the healing arts. She flicked her ears back slightly as she sighed. She knew of the darker side of plants but she had never ventured much into the healing factors of them. She figured that asking Enkiel was probably the best place to start. "What herbs do you have here.. for healing.." She had padded away from the bed to try and read one of the containers that he had on a shelf far above her head. She did not recognize the language or script but she tried anyways before turning her grey lilac orbs back to the man. "I know..how to end life with plants and venom.. but to save it.." In her eyes a distant look of wonder seemed to take over as she contemplated holding life and death at her own hands. It was not a thing for gain, but an interesting idea none the less.

Her ears swiveled back as Helotes spoke up. Her eyes softened as she watched him begin to head towards the door. A slight smile was on her lips as she watched him, wondering if he was looking for an escape or if he really was about to obey the doctors orders. She flicked her tail in his direction in a small wave of goodbye as she called. "Don't work too hard.." A wicked bit of humor in her voice as she teased the larger man, knowing he would find some way in the future to get back at her, or at least she hoped he would.