Will tomorrow know?
[html]

[ooc] -- i thought you'd be there.

holding daisies, counting stars. -- [bic]

The sun had barely risen, but Cercelee was awake and watching. She had greeted the red ball as it peeked above the horizon, growing in size and heat, at least from her perspective. The Rosea still had not claimed an official “den” for herself, although she knew that many of her pack members had staked out certain buildings and houses for themselves. Perhaps she didn’t need to, the whole pack land was her domain after all. Or perhaps she just hadn’t found the perfect place yet. Either way, the lack of a true home base contributed to her wandering at any given hour, able to witness much that the others missed due to seclusion in their respective homes. Like this particular sunrise, which seemed that no one else witnessed, although Cercelee couldn’t vouch for that particular fact. The silence and stillness of the lands however, vouched for her, and once the sun was firmly established in the sun Cer broke that silence with a long, but low howl. A rather loud whisper on the wind.

She was calling to their hunter. The lead hunter. It’s about time he’s gotten some use of the rank. Lazy bum. Cercelee joked to herself, jovial already although the day was exceedingly young and she had not yet crossed a soul to tickle her funny bone. The stress that had been plaguing her seemed non-existent this morning, as the only thought she had was about breakfast. Getting everything squared away with Haku and her outburst with Iskata had helped to soothe her nerves, although those two, and perhaps Slay, were the only three she had allowed to know that her nerves had ever been on edge. And it had been necessary, but now, her nerves had been put back in their place, boxed up nicely with her emotions, stashed somewhere that Cercelee couldn’t quite remember where. They weren’t particularly important anyway, not until after breakfast at least.

[/html]
[html]
The pale morning light washed over the thin blades of grass in the field, lighting each delicate leaf as inexorably as time itself. The filaments of sun also illuminated something else - a fluffy ball of deep ebony black and fine alabaster white fur, that just now began to stir. Slay yawned luxuriantly, stretching slowly as he kneaded his blunt claws in the soft earth. Blinking owlishly, the bleary-eyed male looked around with faint amusement, wondering what had awoken him before noon. Did somebody call him...? Nah, the only one who would bother to try would be -

"Cercelee, whaddya want...?" he grumbled good-naturedly, padding up the meadow to where he spotted a flash of white fur. "It's not even morning yet. This is still considered night." He made a show of yawning, and scratched his ear with a hind paw. He was quite drowsy, but no more than usual. He too had not chosen a permanent den to settle into, although he had assumed that Cer had. It suited his lackadaisical attitude to simply lay down whenever he felt tired, so long as no one was around to watch him. Usually around the old graveyard area, but not last night. All his wandering had worn him out, although he felt more refreshed today than he had in some time. Perhaps because he had finally returned to the pack land, and wasn't running away from the shadow of threat.

"Go back to sleep, hun..." He drawled with a wide grin, glancing slyly at her. Did she wake him up to play?
[/html]

[html]

ooc buisness

Cercelee composed herself to look displeased as the male arrived, padding up with eyes filled with sleep, while she herself was brimming with energy. Swishing her tail in mock annoyance, she peered at him through narrowed navy eyes. "My dear boy, you have to try not to be so lazy. This is truly the best part of the day, and I don’t think I have any use in my pack for those who waste the whole day away." Her words came out in a rare tone, one she’d never used in front of Slay before and certainly never directed at him, scornful and arrogant, but very convincing. Cercelee was the master actress, and she stared Slay down a few more moments before she broken into a grin and nudged him playfully on the should, shrugging as if to say I can’t help myself sometimes. She liked to play, she liked to act, she liked to trick others.
"Anyway, my dear friend," her good natured, musical voice had returned, brimming once again with childlike joy, "it is indeed morning, and that means breakfast." Cercelee waved her tail in the air as she inhaled the fresh morning air deeply. Breakfast was always best if eaten around this time of the day. "And you, sir, are the hunter of this pack, are you not? So, pray tell, what is on the menu?" Cercelee grinned at him, putting him on the spot. Yes, not only did he have to wake early to see what she wanted, he had to decide what they would hunt, and Cer got to enjoy teasing him all morning long. Life was nice.

[/html]
[html] Ah, she did want to play. Well, Cercelee wasn't the only one who could act. Slay feigned a hurt expression until she nudged him on the shoulder, and he flashed a brief grin back to let her know he wasn't really as tired as he let on. Now the fun could begin! His white-tipped ears laid flat in mock annoyance, and he plopped abruptly on his haunches, pouting like a stubborn mule. "Today's menu... is grass," he deadpanned, pale eyes sweeping up to challenge Cer. "Grass for breakfast, hay for lunch. Maybe some clover if you want a snack. And you can eat tree bark for supper, cuz I'm not hunting anything until I get my beauty sleep."

He couldn't help the smirk that was edging its way onto his muzzle, nor could he hide the light of amusement shining in his eyes. He felt more free than he had in some time, and this was the perfect way to celebrate.

[/html]

[html]

Cercelee chuckled at the male. Slay certainly was in bright spirits, even so early in the day, and it please Cer to know that she had someone she could be childish with, even if her behavior did not befit a leader. "Slay, sweetheart, I don’t think any amount of beauty sleep will do you any good." Cercelee smirked at the male, her words an intended blow, she quickly changed course as soon as she had spoken, her manner swiftly changing from sneering to flattery. "What I mean is, you can’t get much more handsome than you are now." It was hard to decide which would win her a breakfast quicker, cruel teasing or buttering up the male, and so she could just as easily switch back and forth. Or change game plans all together. "However sir, you seem to have forgotten a conversation we had not too long ago. I tell, and you do. Wasn’t that our agreement?" Cer smiled devilishly at the male. "Or are you in need of another thrashing?"

[/html]
[html]He was about to protest her cruel words - of course he was handsome, how could she resist his roguish charm? - when Cer cleverly changed her tactics into flattery. Slay smirked, appreciative of the compliment, as well as her handling of his mock attitude. For the record, buttering up would probably work faster, although it was tricky to tell for certain. Flirting, perhaps, would be the fastest way to get through to the male, although it wouldn't be hunting for breakfast that would be on his mind...

"Mm, Cer-ce-lee," he drawled playfully, fluttering his eyelashes in an amusing display of coyness. "You can thrash me anytime, but it doesn't mean I'm going to feed you... Ah, but you haven't ordered anything except to hear the menu! I didn't hear a single command slip from that silver tongue of yours, dovely, so I don't owe you a thing." He tilted his head airily, gazing pointedly at a cloud and pretending to ignore her - although a ghost of a smile was flitting about his lips.

[/html]

[html]

ooc buisness

Cercelee reached out a paw and batted him in the back of a head, much as a cat would do, though much more awkwardly than a cat due to her more bulky build as a canine. Slay was going to make this meal difficult on her, she saw the game now. Waiting for him to react and turn to look at her, Cer chose her words. "Slay, my dearest. I demand a meal. And something edible too, not grass. That just won’t do. Maybe something like a nice field rabbit? Something bigger if you can manage, since it will be both of us dining." Of course she intended to share, she wouldn’t be so cruel as to wake him and then not share breakfast with him. And then her face fell in mock anguish, prepared for his refusal and more badgering. Pouting, she used the sweetest and most pathetic voice she could muster. "Unless you want your Rosea to starve?" She paused, and added as an afterthought with a smirk. "I’m really hungry."

[/html]
[html]OoC: I am so sorry... ;_____; Never meant to disappear for so long...

BiC:

Slay grunted as Cercelee's white paw cuffed him, and turned to jut his lip poutily at her. "No need to be violent, my valiant dovely, unless I am to use the same force in return..." He let his muzzle crinkle into a lopsided grin, flashing back on their romp on the beach. He couldn't deny it - he really did get a kick out of the rough-housing play. Bandying words was one thing, but getting tumbled to the ground was so much better! But perhaps so early in the morning, it was too much to hope for. The arctic wolf rose to his paws, yawning widely so that the morning sun glinted on his pale fangs. "And how do you get off saying that grass isn't edible? I daresay, those deer you like to much on certainly seem to enjoy it."

He watched the clever actress change her tact yet again, adopting a wheedling beggar's tone, matched only by her pleading gaze. "Oh, like I can say 'no' to that face - not as though you could really starve, though..." Slay let his ebony tail wave in the air as he began to trot jauntily away, calling casually over one shoulder, "I mean, only a skinny wolf like myself could actually starve..."

[/html]

[html]

You totally meant it. You were trying to make me cry, I know it.

At the male’s words, a playful thread, Cercelee drew back, her face in mock astonishment. "You’d use violence against a lady? Now that’s hardly appropriate...." Her navy eyes watched the male, her tail flipping behind her as she regarded the male, trying to decide what the best move to make next would be. Finally she let all the playfulness rush out of her, and she slumped onto her haunches, letting out a sigh at the same time. "Have you forgotten I’m not a deer?" Her words were joking but her voice defeated and flat, still pathetic. Perhaps if Slay saw how desperate she was. And suddenly he was moving, and Cer pulled herself back to her feet, to follow after him at a slower pace. Her ears perked up at the male’s mock of her weight, and then she laid them back on her skull, her tail low. "Hey now... Not everyone can be an unhealthy skeleton like yourself. " Yet Cercelee was one of the smallest female she herself had ever seen, a fragile doll in build, and compared to the barrel chest and broad paws that Slay had inherited from his dog ancestors Cer was dainty.

[/html]
[html]OoC: Oh, pshaw. Maybe I wanted to see how much you cared about me... X3

BiC:

Slay let a broad smile shine on his muzzle as he trotted jauntily ahead, knowing that Cercelee would follow close behind. Since it was early, and the land was still so tranquil, perhaps it would be a good time to give fishing a try... Cer liked the water, or the ocean at least, and Slay was fairly adept at landing fish, so they could both share in his catch if all went well. It was worth a shot. She had said something about rabbits, but that was Desaevo's area of expertise. The arctic wolf had a bit of trouble snagging the lagomorphs without a layer of snow to slow them down... and this way, it might keep her guessing.

"I'm hardly an unhealthy skeleton, m'dove. More like slender, handsome beast. Face it, you can't keep your eyes off of me, can you? Don't worry, it happens to the best of us," he drawled over one shoulder, exaggerating his macho swagger as if he were strolling down a catwalk. "And if you excercized a little more, rather than making your lackeys fetch your meals for you, you wouldn't have such a weight problem..." That he could barely say with a straight face - Cer was tiny, and if she had a weight problem, it was that she didn't eat enough. He tried not to snicker, imagining a fat Cercelee. It just didn't suit her.

[/html]

[html]

I care about you this much <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 x 100.

"Ah! If I can’t keep my eyes off of you, it’s only because of that silly pelt of yours." Cer grinned devilishly to herself, eyes at the ground so that she didn’t have to acknowledge if Slay looked back at her. The Rosea knew that the male could be sensitive, and chances were that his coat might be one of the buttons that would set him off... but he had given her a prime opportunity. And they were friends, just how close? Surely Slay would know it was only more fun that she was poking at him, but perhaps he didn’t think of her as so good a friend to say just anything she wanted. Still, his mouth ran with whatever came to mind, why not hers?

"Well, what would I keep my lackeys around for, if not to fetch me food?" Cercelee smiled to herself. Of course, the only reasons she stayed in the pack at all, was the people. The lands were nice, she had certainly grown attached to them, but they had been Colibri’s choice, not hers. If there were no members, she wouldn’t be here, for she truly only stayed because she cared for them, and she was the leader. So far, no one had objected to her leadership, if they had, she probably would have step down, if she thought that it was in the best interest of the pack. She was here to serve the members, not the other way around.

[/html]