stay around with your knuckles ground down
[html]

Denver.

That man had become quite an interesting figure in the yearling’s life. He was a man that came to this barren land at the same time she did, she had befriended him and despite their initial awkwardness the pair had become close. Their close call at the borders had frightened the girl and she hadn’t told a soul about it other than her report back to Eris. The mark the bastard gave her had healed up nicely since then, which was a relief. There was no permanent scar of the event, at least physically. The fact that she had killed someone for Salsola hadn’t left her, though. His death haunted her every time she passed the edges of the borders.

As she fiddled with her few personal objects in her home, her mind kept wandering back to the dog. Jade eyes narrowed as she crawled back into her makeshift bed, her eyes drawn to the bottle of wine he had brought her for her birthday. It had stayed on the ground since it was given to her and she hadn’t really thought about it since. But now, it was there on the ground collecting dust. She sighed, rubbing her blue-grey Mohawk in thought. The wolf let out a sharp howl, hoping he was close. It was time they talked about that … incident. She hadn’t thought that maybe he was hurting from it too.

<style type="text/css">
.magicbottle-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.magicbottle b {font-weight:bold; color:#c487bc; letter-spacing:1px}
.magicbottle p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.magicbottle-line {width:400px; border-top:1px dotted #c487bc; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.magicbottle {margin:0 auto; background-color:#f2f7fb; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/68h21d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9497ba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #a3cae8; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

assumed it was evening? Big Grin sorry for the delay replying to this! >< <333

He'd grown used to Maggie's company, and was even prone to enjoying it. Her birthday party had been a minor success, but it had been fun nonetheless. It had been curious to him that she hadn't drank the bottle that night. For his birthday, Denver had gathered a few unopened bottles and tried them all. The next day he felt awful, but it was a fond memory. His eyes had been closed, but as he breathed a breath of the thick air of the Ruins, they blinked open. The wolfdog yawned and sat up in his bed, rubbing his head to wake himself up. It was too early to be falling asleep, but his muscled ached. He'd spent the entire day around the borders, simultaneously exercising and patrolling. In the end he'd found nothing of interest, but workout had been enough to tire him.

The ivory Family member had nearly fallen asleep when Maggie's voice pierced through the night. Instantly, pale eyes shot open and he sat up again, shaking the sleep from his mind. He couldn't decide what it was she wanted from her voice, but he rose nonetheless. The dog straightened his navy blue shirt and buttoned it back up, pulling on his favorite brown jacket over that. Shrugging into the cloth, he strolled out the door.

Maggie's room wasn't far from his; she'd managed to acquire a larger suite, more suitable for living in. He needed to upgrade, and soon. Denver was embarrassed by his minimal living space, and always preferred to spend time at his comrade's. When he got to the door, he paused before leaning in, icy blue eyes finding her on the bed, looking pensive. "Hey," he barked as he moved inside. He glanced around the room and noticed the bottle he'd brought her still unopened on the ground. With a frown, he picked it up in one quick motion and plopped down on the bed beside her. Her mattress was softer than his, and his aching muscles sighed in relief at the cushion. "You still haven't opened this, huh? I woulda drank it days ago," he said, grinning as he fingered the label again. It was a good wine, too. "So, uh... what's up?"

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I suck. Also, toooootalllly glazing over how she’s opening the bottle lulz >_>

She was surprised at how quickly her comrade came. At the sound of his voice, the girl turned her head to face him at the doorway. She gave him a large, dainty smile as he walked in and sat next to her. Ink-dipped tail was wrapped around her left thigh tightly like a second skin yet the top of the tail started to wag as he started talking. He mentioned the bottle, and her beautiful smile turned into a small pout. He seemed disappointed. "I uh…" she started, feeling stupid. "I wanted you to share it with me. I didn’t want Xochime drinking any," she said with a small chuckle.

She opened the bottle after a moment, and took a sip right out of the top. She gulped it down, cringing as she drank, and after a long moment coughed violently. The beverage was pretty nasty, but … kind of enjoyable? She could see why others, like Denver, drank it. "I thought we could hang out. I don’t know. I can’t stop thinking about that day," She looked at him seriously, eyes betraying her outward appearance. She wanted to put on a brave face; she wanted to show Eris she could do anything, including killing strangers, but the sound of his breaking neck haunted her. She felt weak and Denver was the only one she could express those emotions to.

<style type="text/css">
.magicbottle-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.magicbottle-line {width:400px; border-top:1px dotted #c487bc; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.magicbottle {margin:0 auto; background-color:#f2f7fb; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/68h21d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9497ba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #a3cae8; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

we can just pp the passing back and forth so it's easier. xD i love them so much >>

She wanted to share with him and him alone, did she? Denver grinned, chuckling at the thought; Maggie's company had always been enjoyable, and it had been so long since his last drink. The bottle was large enough for the two of them to share, and he was certain that it would get them good and drunk. "Ahh, well alright," he agreed, more than happy to partake in some of the bitter-sweet drink. "Get 'er open, then," he encouraged, the pop of the cork music to his ears as Maggie did so.

Denver watched as she took her first sip, wondering if she'd ever even had a taste of alcohol before. Her reaction gave answer enough, and he grinned as she coughed, trying to keep it down. It was not the tastiest of beverages, but it was something he'd grown to like. She passed it to him, and he took a large mouthful, gulping it down with pleasure as she spoke. His gaze cast down briefly at the mention of that day, but he had no regrets about it. Magnolia was lighter of heart than Denver, and he knew that it had affected her more. Pale eyes found hers and he nodded, "'Course we can," he said reassuringly, handing the bottle back to her after another sip. Scooting sideways, he propped himself up against the wall, his hands locked behind his head. "What's botherin' you so much about it?"

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Me too! ^^; they’re so cute. And good idea with the pp, hope this is okay. I figured it would speed things up, but if you want it changed just poke me on AIM. Also, Maggie’s a lightweight! Hahaha :3
3+

Magnolia could vaguely recall one time her mother speaking about alcohol; most of the memory was a blurry mess, but she remembered being curious about the word drunk. She only knew that it made you feel good and drinking was something luperci often partook in. Maggie watched her friend take a large gulp, and she did as well when the bottle was passed back to her. The two passed the bottle back and forth for quite a while before she spoke. She didn’t know what to say, really. How much of her frustration could she trust with him? Jade eyes fell to the floor as she nervously squirmed about beside Denver as she wrangled with her mind. Denver was so ready and willing to do what was asked of him (and Maggie was too) but what they did still felt wrong somehow. It proved their loyalty to Salsola, though; after that wolf had been killed, Eris finally welcomed them both into the family. Still, the killing left her heart a mess.

After the bottle had been passed around several times, Maggie finally let her downcast eyes look up again. She hadn’t realized quite how long she had stayed silent until now. “It’s just…” her mind was getting weird. She stood up, and with that something hit her square in the face. She paced across the room to Kimbra, who was sitting on her perch, watching the two luperci drink. She felt like she could topple over at any minute. The bird looked to Magnolia, made some sort of squawking sound until Maggie gently pet her delicate feathers. She tried to gather her thoughts. “Wasn’t it wrong of us? I just hate this fucking place sometimes. I never thought I would have had to do that just to please Eris,” She knew said too much. Those thoughts of hers had haunted her, but she had never said them outright before. Maggie made her way back to the bed, determined to keep her balance even though it was getting harder with every step. “I feel like sometimes I don’t belong here. I don’t want to kill anymore,” she said softly as she sat down right next to Denver, not noticing that their thighs were touching.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

They passed the drink back and forth, and he watched her in silence, amazed as she kept up with his drinking. When she stood up, though, she was definitely teetering. The wolfdog's brows raised in amusement, trying to stifle his grin as she stumbled. She moved to pet the bird, and it was there that she unloaded. Denver frowned, now concerned. She hated it here? But why? It was safe, and comforting. Besides, weren't they all family now? "It's not just for Eris, Maggie," he explained, his words moving more slowly thanks to the wine. "Any pack woulda done somethin' about that creepy guy wanderin' around their land... You saw how he looked at you, how he marked all over ours," he said, leaning forward now. "He was dangerous," he affirmed, trying to use reason to convince her that it was not so bad. Denver was not ashamed of his actions that day; they were protectors, after all.

As she sat down beside him, Denver's eyes fell to her thigh as it pressed up against his own. He took a breath, and she was so close to him that her scent filled his nose. Naturally, he straightened, feeling his blood rush suddenly southward. But she talked about killing, so he looked away, trying to distract himself with the stupid bird across the room. "I'm sure y'don't have to kill if you don't want to," he assured her, knowing that she was capable of filling many other roles. Still, his brows furrowed, concerned at the thought. Salsola was not like other packs, for sure, but would they force someone to kill? Denver didn't know, but doubted that. Eris was a reasonable woman, he thought, was she not? "You belong here s'much as I do," he reasoned drunkenly, leaning into her with a nudge.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

SO CUTE

Magnolia was trying her best to hide her disgust. The liquid was hard to swallow, and the wine’s burning after effects were unpleasant. She had a strong stomach though, so she kept everything down and kept drinking. She listened to her friend’s words as she kept exchanging the bottle between them. Now, in a surprisingly short time, it was more than half gone. She sighed as he spoke, knowing that his words were the truth. Denver was right, so why did she still feel the way she did? Was she upset because her innocence was finally gone? Wolves killed wolves; it was a fact of life. But she still didn’t want to feel his weight on her shoulders anymore.

His nudge made her smile, though. She suddenly realized their extreme proximity, yet it didn’t make the wolf uncomfortable. She found herself grinning, taking yet another swig, staring at him. “I know,” she said, defeated. “I want to protect our home. I love being a scout for Salsola, especially with you,” Her ears flicked backwards, embarrassed. She had never thought of Denver in that way until now. Maybe it was the alcohol, and maybe it his kindness, but all of a sudden she found herself leaning into his body. And with that, she found herself giving him a kiss square on the lips.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

derp i suck :>

Denver thought she was inching closer to him, and in his drunken state his mind tuned into this, feeling the warmth of her own body brush up against his. He couldn't keep himself from being both amused and aroused by Maggie's own drunken antics. She cooed at him, and his lips pulled back into a grin as she leaned into him with a kiss. Instinctively, he leaned into it and let his hands roam to her body, an ivory hand wrapping with a sudden hunger around her slim waist. She had a fabulous body, and the desire to touch her overwhelmed him now. "You flatter me," he mumbled breathlessly as he pulled her closer, nuzzling her somewhat roughly as his hormones raged and a tightness grew beneath his clothing. Denver found the punctures on her neck and raked his pink tongue across them; they were healing well, he noticed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wooo drunk shae drunk maggie.

Was this the wrong thing to do? It certainly didn’t feel that way. The kiss was intense; his body touching hers and gripping her ever closer was a strange and foreign feeling to her. Tightness in her chest – she wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol or adrenaline – made her head spin as Denver licked her shoulder, almost gasping at his touch. She swam in his beautiful blue eyes as they embraced, returning a lick on his cheek. Her hands found themselves all over his back. She wasn’t entirely sure how to react to the situation. Her head wasn’t telling her anything because it had been fogged up by the peculiar substance in the bottle. She dove back into the kiss, gripping his shaggy head with a delicate hand.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]
[html]

Her soft touch was made numb by the alcohol, but nonetheless his body reacted and blood rushed there, and there, and down farther. Denver may have blushed, had he been more innocent and less familiar with a woman's body. Ivory hands found her darker hips, and he kneaded at the thicker flesh there before the hunger overcame him and he pinned her down to the bed, his body pressed against hers heatedly. He grinned, looking down at her through his own bleary stupor, unable to keep himself from thinking how cute she looked just then. But that was all that he remembered before his memory went blank, the following hours lost to the alcohol.

---------------------

Denver's head was pounding when he woke up to the sun's light peeking in from above. Rolling his eyes open slowly, he glanced around, suddenly remembering where he had fallen asleep. Looking to his side, Magnolia was sound asleep. Clenching his teeth, Denver rolled off of the bed, grabbing his coat and quickly sneaking out the door. The air was cool on his warm skin, and he almost turned back. The warmth of another body had been nice. Frowning, he shuffled into his own small room and flopped down onto his bed with a heavy sigh. Then, he shoved a pillow over his head and shut his eyes again. It took him much longer to fall asleep this time, but soon the cold was less apparent, and his own warmth was enough for a while.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]