god give me style and give me grace
[html]

Saluce. Borders south of Phoenix Forest. PPed a little.

Razekiel knew it would be some time before the flowers would show their faces again, but he allowed himself to sigh only once before turning smiles to the frost-filled wind instead. The winter would not extinguish his spirit; cold as it was, the coyote had spent many a snow season huddled makeshift huts crafted with little more than sticks and stones. Firepits ever-present outside it, the male would sit with crackling heat at his toes and strum gingerly at his acoustic, fingers numbed yet unhindered to play.

The coyote knew the Circle of Life: Death was inevitable. Death brought new life. Thus, the spring would return again, and after the winter's bite and suffering, would be welcomed with even wider arms. That first breath of the fresh spring wind — his heart fluttered at the thought itself. The Great Mother was his lover, and though she remained with him still even in the darkest of winter nights, he knew she herself could not wait to awake from her hibernation and stretch her arms over the greenest of newly-grown fields and budding trees and yawn great spring breezes over the lands.

For now, however, Razekiel would huddle in his little red scarf and stroll along with his blue roan companion, chatting as always as if the two were equals equivalent in intellect. Whether Lark truly understood all the coyote gurgled and rambled Razekiel didn't know, but the horse never ceased to entertain the man and provide for excellent company.

"You look cold, fledgling," the Seiryu smiled, wagging joint between his teeth as he pulled his scarf from his neck and flopped it around the stallion's broad neck and shoulders. Lark breathed from his nostrils and shook his head, freeing trapped mane from beneath the fabric, then nuzzled at the laughing man's hand. Side by side they walked, until the coyote paused and raised cold-numbed nose to the sky. "Ahh, do you smell that, my Lark? A friend walks among us; or does he still wish himself a stranger?"

Smiling pleasantly to himself, the coyote motioned to the stallion and neared the borders, raising his arm to the air and waving delightfully as he closed the distance between he and their visitor. "Saluce, is it? Namaste, namaste, my friend," he called. "Welcome home, man, or what will always be your home to return to when you're ready."

<style>
.razfrostooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razfrostcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:10px;}
.razfrost p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razfrost b {color:#D6E1F6; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.1px;}
.razfrost {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#002500; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:14px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:359px;}
.razfrostinner{background-color:#4A8E59; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... utiful.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:170px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #002900; width:359px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
The ache, troubled him, the golden vixen has flooded his consciousness, and his dreams and he didn't even know her name. The truth of what happened the day before still hadn't really hit him, it was like a bad dream except nothing happened that was bad, but he had a feeling in his gut something had happened that he couldn't explain. Some part of him now craved her attentions, craved her affections, and an overwhelming part of him wanted her to himself. Somehow he couldn't gather if it had all been real, he couldn't remember a time like that except for a drunken binge where he couldn't recall certain details of a day or night. The feral world had opened it's arms to him the day before, and the golden she wolf had entered it too, and he was now left alone and craving the connection that had been forged.

It must have been the reason why he lingered so close to Ichika borders again today, he sat a few yards away staring at the invisible scent line, debating on whether or not to cross and break the very rule of pack life that pack wolves all thrived on. He sat on his haunches still unable to change forms, some part of him had awakened and changing to stand on two legs just seemed like a lie, a lie to all those who would see him and think him human. No the behemoth sat in his wolf glory, eyes wild with baser instincts, and his tail sitting silently behind him.

Ears perked as a voice could be heard over the gentle wind that flowed over the mountain ranges, winter was coming quickly in this land, the upper elevation providing the climate for winters arrival. But the voice was warm and full of life, a distinct opposite from his own. The voice reminded him a bit of Nayru and her transformation into the peaceful woman she was now. They where foreign to him.

“Home has never been an easy place for me to find” he replied in a gruff response. It wasn't cold but the best he could offer in the form he presently felt at home in. The hippy man did have a strange effect on him, not knowing him made it easier for him to open up, since he felt he didn't have to uphold some strange invincible form, unable to let anyone see his cracks.

“Submission was never one of my strong suits, and the belief of a peaceful pack seems at odds with the nature of who we are as well. No... home my friend, seems so close but yet so far away”
[html]

"Ah, but you misunderstand, my friend," the coyote smiled, scratching beneath Lark's chin a moment before stepping to meet Saluce and plopping down cross-legged in front of the unshifted knight. Pulling a thick dreadlock from its drifting place over his eyes, the Seiryu shrugged and smiled with delight and the gratefulness of a comrade meeting with an old friend. "Ichika's not 'submissive,' man; we're just not out looking to ruffle hairs and stir up bad mojo, you know? We exist here in peace. A sanctuary."

He took a patient puff from his joint, straw-hued eyes wandering the frost-tinted landscape as he thought back to his discussion with Ralla months before and the worries he'd heard of the southern 'wars' drifting their ways. "That is not to say we would not defend ourselves if we were attacked, man," he said finally, blowing smoke through his teeth. "Family protects family. Our lives come first, Saluce, that's how it'll always be, but if we can stay safe and secure in the first place, man, then we've got nobody to fight, yeah? We use the time growing ourselves, uniting with each other, man, instead of fighting and brawling."

It seemed a naive concept, and even Razekiel knew this, evidenced by the small chuckle at his words' end. He leaned and scratched his ass. "We don't have too many warriors," he considered aloud, laying on Saluce both a knowing look, then dipped his head. "Restless spirits do not find as much solace here as the rest. Unfortunate — warriors are the most who need to find peace."

Allowing for a pause, Razekiel then rolled his shoulders and straightened up. "What brings you back, man? You probably wanted Nayru, yeah?"

word count → 000 ;; image © Sylvatica ;; table by lin
<style>
.raz-larkooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.raz-larkcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.raz-lark p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.raz-lark b {color:#506275; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.raz-lark {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#798A9B; letter-spacing:.px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.raz-larkinner{background-color:#CDE3FA; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... RKBACK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
The behemoth sat and listened, recognizing the words but reading much more into them than he probably should have. Peace was a fine thing to him, but peace never was free, there was always a price to be had for the lifestyle. When he spoke of warriors and needing more, he almost jumped up and sought to join but he withheld such things for now.

“Many wolves and coyotes think it easy for someone like me to lay down my weapons, to walk away from bloodshed. Truth of the matter is, only someone who has killed could ever understand the burden placed on a soul touched with blood lust.” he paused a moment. Somehow he could guess that this man knew to some extent of what he spoke of. No one could seek real peace without having first been a monster, because you can't seek what you aren’t without being what you are first. The man that Saluce was, was the definition of restless. Violence was apart of his nature, and even when that golden goddess showed up, there was no gentle courtship, just a primal fury.

“I met Nayru a few days ago. Not going to lie, I've been patrolling your borders, making sure that what warriors you have, have been doing their job keeping the borders safe.” He left the real reason to himself. That golden goddess was what he was here for today, missing the link he had forged with her, even if he knew it had been wrong. It was one thing to court a female, a complete different matter when you've already connected with her, and feelings of love, and the separation from the object of your desire plague your thoughts.

“What brings me back this way I guess is looking for home.”
[html]

At Saluce's words Razekiel could only maintain his undaunted smile, nodding along in understanding as the male tried to express the trouble in his warrior heart. Razekiel knew those feelings from long ago, though he was not quick to admit it, and knew he had never suffered to the extent Saluce seemed to be. Breathing in from his joint, the coy blew a few circles of smoke into the air and shrugged.

"I have killed," he said simply. "I have known bloodlust. I have since found peace."

He admitted it to few, and never got into the details. Razekiel was not exactly proud of the things he had committed, of the hate he had once possessed, but was a prime example nonetheless that peace was achievable even to those who had drawn blood with their teeth and claws and felt the burn within their chest.

"She would like to see you stay," he continued, smile returning. "I'm sure of that. Nayru won't admit to losing her groove over that stuff, man, but she does. It's subtle. You can see it in her eyes, each time someone leaves to walk their own path. She is fearful for them." He may or may not have completely pulled that out of his ass. "But Ichika's always got open arms for you, man, whenever you're ready to try us again. That's your decision, Saluce, not ours."

<style>
.razfrostooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razfrostcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:10px;}
.razfrost p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razfrost b {color:#D6E1F6; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.1px;}
.razfrost {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#002500; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:14px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:359px;}
.razfrostinner{background-color:#4A8E59; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... utiful.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:170px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #002900; width:359px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Saluce always knew he was welcome to return back to Ichika at anytime. Why he hadn't was a point of stubborn pride. In Dahlia he had been something, here he was just another soul around many who had come together into something else. It had turned out to be something entirely new to him and change was never something he dealt with well. But it kept him from the wolves he had loved, and now it was keeping him from someone he was longing for now. It was all confusing to him. It would have been so much simpler to have to just left and never have returned than to deal with this.

His form stayed steady for sometime, studying the other male. Finding the acrid smoke from his joint bothering his nostrils. It started simply enough, his maw opened a bit before a full blown sneeze took hold of his form. As soon as the sneeze was over he stood and backed up a bit, not quite wanting to have another string of smoke irritate his nose again.

“I'm ready to return but please, blow that smoke away, cigarettes and weed where never anything I could stand to be around for very long.” The behemoth was mortal after all.
[html]

If you're gonna have this as a joining thread, you're gonna have to edit OOC stuff accordingly. :3

Ears twitched at the sneeze, the coyote watching with mild curiosity at the knight's coughing and choking with little understanding as to why. He himself was so used to the smoke and chill that the Seiryu often forgot others were much less accustomed — not that many put on such a grandiose display of disgust and distaste as Saluce did. At his words, Razekiel smiled sheepishly and rubbed the joint out on a pant leg, then tossed the small remainder into his mouth without second thought. The strangeness of it didn't seem to occur to him, nor any foul tastes.

"My bad," he said finally. "You recited the creed once, man, so I won't have you do it again. If you want to come back, we'll have you, but I must wonder if you have any hesitations or questions, yeah?"

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
He watched the man and his instant reaction to his sneeze. Saluce hadn’t been exposed too much smoke since leaving from Europe, even then he never liked it. But there was no need to put it out, just a need to place him away from the wafting smoke so he could keep his nose from tingling. The man spoke again and his ears listened, reservations he had them but what reasonable wolf wouldn’t? What person didn’t have reservations about joining a pack? It was a natural thing of course to be around other wolfs or persons who shared the same interests but it was a commitment that couldn’t be shaken away to easily.

“I know the people here already, so as far as reservations there I don’t have them. Maybe it’s more of an issue of recently having the freedom to move and do as I wished that I’ll miss a bit. But I’ve been away too long, there is plenty to do around this pack and it’s time for me to labor productively than to waste it away for selfish pursuits.” It was the truth, the man had been a guardian of Dahlia once, had been a right hand man. There may not be much room for advancement now here but he was never much for taking orders from wolves he didn’t respect.

“My reservations turn to you, and how you can keep a sharp mind, smoking what you do. I’m not damming you but from my upbringing a leader should always have a clear mind. “