Three Seconds To Mars
[html]

To any who post; it's about noon. Post to Sky being in her backyard, even though it's not mentioned at the end of the post. Her backyard's open to viewing since her back door is on the side of the building. Casper would be outside with her. Also, mini celebratory thread, so no limit on who all replies. Big Grin EVERYONE is welcome! Using this table cause it's still sexy.

Three years ago, somewhere in Kingston, Ontario, a tiny pup was born. She was black then, pure black with barely any fur. Maybe it was a sign, because her birth marked the breaking point in her mother's sickyl health. The tiny pup would open her eyes someday to find her mother dead and her older sister scorning her for it.

Memories Sky wished desperately wouldn't haunt her on her birthday. Three years old. She sat back in her recliner in the livingroom and sighed, packing a couple of ground up buds into her rarely used pipe, preparing for her annual birthday burn. Three times a year she'd do a burn; one on her birthday, one on Dusk's and one on the anniversary of her mother's death.

It took the edge off, she supposed.

Nearby, with curious eyes, her adopted daughter Tameri watched on, event intent to just sit and stare at her witch doctor mother for hours, never once saying a word unless Daddy came into the room.

It was creepy to most people, but Sky and Tammy seemed to have a mutual understanding somewhere; words weren't needed between them. Only expressions and eachother's company.

Finally, Sky broke the silence. Tammy, darling, come see me. She murred, setting the pipe aside with a full bowl, not wanting her daughter to play with it or anything.

Tam obeyed, trotting over with a smile and crawling up onto her mother's lap.

Do you know what today is?

She shook her head but watched on, curious as ever to find out.

Today's my birthday. That means today, I'm three years old.

"How old's that, Mama?"

Sky smiled playfully and brought her daughter into an affectionate hug. Ancient. She replied wistfully, nuzzling against the pup's scruff and kissing the top of her head. Tammy giggled.

"When's my birthday, Mama?" She asked after a moment, making Sky stop to wonder for a moment. She wasn't sure; Tammy wasn't her flesh and blood daughter, and her real mother was dead. The child's birthdate was a mystery.

Well, you're about four months old now, so I'd say sometime in August... how about August the fifth? She mused, then smiled, hoping she hadn't confused the poor girl.

"Okay! And we can celebrate too, right?" The pup cheered, excited to have a day all to herself. Sky laughed and nodded. At that, their moment was over and Tammy jumped off her mother's lap with a happy squeal. "I'm gonna go tell Daddy!" She cried as she ran out of the room, headed for the stairs to the bedroom Sky and Tal shared.

Sky watched her go with a far-off smile. As soon as the pitter-patter of tiny feet was not to be heard, she reached over and took the pipe and her zippo, stood and headed for the back door. She'd smoke outside, for Tammy's sake.

<style type="text/css">
.skyboom b {font-weight:bold; color:#f36971; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#7e7862 1px 1px 1px;}
.skyboom .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.skyboom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyboom {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/mhahzl.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dotted #7e7862; padding: 460px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7f5158; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]