A friendly welcome
[html]
We can have em talking for a couple a posts if you want to.

Kostya was surprised by Vesper's offer, but grateful; he had a lot of work to do on his den to even get it much better than sleeping outside. Gratefully dipping his head towards her he trotted over to the den alongside her."Thanks, i'd appreciate tha' help." He said, smiling at her.

As he walked Kostya started to change into his Optime form, the odd feeling as his bones and muscles stretched and lengthened was familiar to him now and he performed much of the change without breaking his pace, only stopping momentarily when he shifted from a quadrupedal walking style to a bipedal one. As he reached the den Kostya swung his arms backwards, stretching them with a loud crack sounding from his elbows as the newly created joints loosened up.

Looking around the den he tried to figure out what Vesper could do to help, and his eyes fell upon the hole in the wall he had been digging earlier. "Coul' ya enlarge tha' hole over there please?" He then ducked into the den and began working on the many roots that still hung down from the roof, using his sharp nails to loosen and cut them and wishing the entire time that he still had his knife with him, he resolved to go and find it soon.

The work was monotonous, and Kostya quickly found himself trying to start up a conversation, though having not had anybody to talk to for two weeks also had a part in this, "Ya' know any interesting places ta' check out 'round 'ere? I've not travelled much from this place since I got 'ere." Kostya asked her, it would be useful to know a bit more about these new lands, and if there was somewhere interesting then he might well take a trip once he was set up properly.

<style type="text/css">
.bluekost1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a84a3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px;}
.bluekost1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.bluekost1 .ooc {text-align:center; font-size:10px; border-bottom:#5a84a3 1px dashed;}
.bluekost1 .inner {margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/vnijrq.jpg);}
.bluekost1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#0d1924; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/xnzzhd.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 360px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2b5475; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 331 :: Urgh my post is crap.

The male offered her a thankful smile, and Vesper shrugged, reciprocating with a smirk that was as much as she could give him. Smiles didn’t come easily from the scarred coywolf, not that she couldn’t be friendly or kind.

She quickly turned her face away from the process of his transformation, her stomach clenching slightly. She could never get used to that, and the pop of his joints made her flinch. She wouldn’t admit her unease, however; her expression smooth, she nodded at his request then ducked into the hole that he’d been working at before she’d interrupted him. Getting to work, Ves scrabbled at the dirt. It wasn’t as much progress as he would have made, but the two of them could get some work done, and hopefully she’d find somewhere to rest come nightfall if she didn’t decide to hunt the nocturnal animals first.

Kostya spoke up as they worked, making what seemed like light conversation. Her full ear swiveled toward him, but she focused on digging. “Most of the wilderness is somewhat monotonous, though each forest or creek has its unique characteristics.” She cocked her head, trying to think of all the places she’d travelled since her arrival in Nova Scotia. “I’m sure you’ll make your way through the woods just as you hunt, so I won’t waste your time describing trees.” She finally paused, one paw still on the curve of the wall, and her blue eyes flicked to him.

“Halifax,” Vesper said then. “Halifax is the city on the eastern shore. It’s really strange for wolves who are more used to living feral, and I haven’t gotten to exploring the entire city, but there are definitely some interesting artifacts there. Whether or not you respect humans, it’s a place to check out for all the weird stuff laying around.” She remembered spooking herself with the car horn and chuckled quietly. “Just don’t stomp around in the front of cars unless you want to give everyone within a five mile radius a heart attack.”

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]
OOC: I'm thinking wrap this up wither this round of posts or the next, that sound okay?

Also as an aside, when are you wanting to do the Kostya/vesper meeting at Inferni border thread?

[html]

Kostya nodded as Vesper described the city of Halifax, he had seen a few cities in him lifetime, but mostly he and his parents travelled through them at a fast pace, unwilling to stay too long in a place with lots of wolves. Kostya would humans fascinating, if a bit strange, and would enjoy having a good look round on of their cities so he made a mental note to head down there at some point.

"I'll probably take a journey down ta' check it out some time, sounds interestin'." He replied back to Vesper before returning his focus to his work.

With a hard yank and a sharp snap a particularly stubborn root came free of the roof and Kostya stumbled back, taking a look at his work. Most of the den was still covered in roots but there was a clear path to the hollow where he would sleep and a small patch to relax in. All in all he was satisfied with it for now, though he would probably spend most of tomorrow finishing it off.

Turning away from the roots he made his way across the den, stooping down and shifting into Lupus form as he did so. Once fully transformed he made his way over to the hole and slipped down to dig alongside Vesper, digging in silence for w hile before he asked her, "No offense but why are ya' helpin' me wi' this? Not tha' I ain't grateful for tha' help but it seems a bit odd, 'specially after I attacked ya' earlier." Kostya was confused, though certainly not ungrateful, Vesper's help was making the work go much faster.

[/html]