Hunting of a different kind
[html]
OOC here.

Kostya scrambled backwards as Terra landed on the cougar, taking the time to get his bearings. Looking down to his bow he saw that the cougar had torn right through the wood, reducing it to scrap. Letting out an angry snort he tossed it to the side and turned round to reassess the situation, freezing at what he saw.

The cougar had Terra pinned to the ground and from the look of Terra's shoulder it had gotten a deent shot in. Kostya's blood turned into ice at the sight of his friend pinned to the floor injured before a red haze settled over his mind and he leapt forward.

As he reached the cougar Kostya threw himself at its back, letting loose an ear-splitting roar right besides its ear in an attempt to stun it, and grabbed the cougar round its middle, yanking it off of Terra and holding it in a bear hug. Staggering backwards Kostya kept himself reared up to his full height, muscles straining as he fought to keep the cougar off the ground and contained. The cougar was kicking wildly but could not find any grip nor find Kostya's flesh with its claws.

Still Kostya had to figure out something to do soon. He had just charged in trying to get the beast away from Terra, and while he had done so he now had no plan to deal with it beyond holding on for his life.

<style type="text/css">
.bluekost1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a84a3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px;}
.bluekost1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.bluekost1 .ooc {text-align:center; font-size:10px; border-bottom:#5a84a3 1px dashed;}
.bluekost1 .inner {margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/vnijrq.jpg);}
.bluekost1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#0d1924; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/xnzzhd.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 360px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2b5475; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
With the weight pulled off her Terra sighed with relief. She looked up to find Kostya commiting suicide. He was squeezing an angry cougar that was about to get loose and he didn't have any weapons. No time to think Terra ran forward. The cougar snarled, clawing at her. The scratches hurt, but she managed to get through. With a snap Terra bit through the cougar's neck. Blood running down the cougar continued to thrash, slowing down until it was finally dead. Terra sagged to the ground, exhausted from the fight.

Terra grinned up at Kostya, still holding the cougar. Well, that was interesting. Do remind me not to do this again. She trotted over, pulling out the prize deer from where she'd stashed it. Tearing in she pulled off a leg, offering it to Kostya. Turning she dug into the deer, not caring if she made a mess. Terra was starved after everything that had happened. With the cougar finally dead she could sample the deer that Kostya had been bragging about. Hopefully it would be as good as he said.

It was even better! Blood running down her face Terra tore into the meat. It was sweet, and warm, and so tender! The meat danced on her tongue, a complete joy. It was juicy and the best meal she'd ever had. Crooning Terra swallowed chunks, enjoying the meal. The battle was completely worthwhile. I take it back. Invite me to do this anytime. Chuckling Terra sat up, grooming her fur. She was still missing part of her shoulder, but that would heal. It might scar, though she wasn't sure. Laying back Terra looked at Kostya. Thanks.
[html]

Kostya let out a sigh of relief as the cougar went limp in his arms and quickly dropped the heavy carcass, the muscles in his arms aching from the strain of keeping it still. Still catching his breath he lightly trotted over to collect his things, quickly taking the string off his broken bow and collecting his knife, putting it back in its sheath

Padding over to Terra he took the leg from her gratefully and dropped into a sitting position, tearing into the meat gratefully, blood dripping down from his jaws as he tore into the succulent meat; the deer tasted as good as it had looked at first, which he was grateful for, going to all this trouble over a bad tasting deer would have been very annoying. Yeah, interestin' is one way'a puttin' it. Ah didn' really think tha' through, an ya' got hurt," Kostya lowered his ears and whined, sniffing around Terra's shoulder injury, "You want me to try and bind that up for you? he offered, "I've got some bandages in my pack, m' not a doctor but I shoul' be able ta' get it so it'll stay clean till ya' can find someone who knows what they're doin'"

Sitting back and continuing to chew on his leg Kostya tried to lighten the tone a little bit. "Well, at leas' we got a good meal out of it, an tha' cougars gonna make a pretty nice cloak fer tha' winter" He grinned slightly ferally and jerked his head towards the cougar. Aside from a few easily patched holes the cougar's fur was in good condition, and would make a very nice cloak when he added some of the rabbit fur he had been stocking up recently. Say, ya' wan' me ta' make ya' something outa it, like a trophy>? 'specially since you were the one tha' killed it." And also to apologise Kostya added silently, though he didn't voice it, not wanting to insult Terra by making too much fuss over the wound.

[/html]
Sitting up Terra ginned at Kostya. Go ahead. I don't know a thing about healing. She'd never really needed to, since she always had managed to heal on her own. The only wound she'd ever really needed help with was when she got the arrowhead stuck in her body. That had been painful! Besides, getting injured was inevitable. You might not have done this before, but I have. A couple scrapes here and there is nothing. Glancing at the cougar she studied it. Terra didn't know things could be made out of stuff like that. Strel had explained to her that cloth made clothes, but most of the other things that the canines here used were still a mystery.

A trophy will be great. Nuzzling Kostya Terra grinned up at her friend. She'd had a lot of fun for what she'd thought might be boring. Besides, she still had an idea for the cougar's den, and pushing the boulder over had been a stroke of genius. Perhaps he didn't see it that way, but coming up with those ideas were often difficult for her, raised as she was in a non-luperci pack. Taking advantage of the optime form was something she was still getting used to.

Painfully Terra morphed back into her lupine form. The wound on her shoulder screamed in complaint. It felt like someone had dripped acid on it when she changed back. Still, it was much better than a form she was unused to. When injured Terra needed to be able to protect herself, and she knew how to do that just fine as a lupine. What kind of trophy do you have in mind? We already ate the deer.
[html]

Kostya smiled in relief as Terra assured him that her injury didn't bother her. He hadn't realised how badly seeing one of his friends hurt would actually affect him until he had seen the cougar crouched over, it had been quite distressing to say the least. "Move over here," he mumbled, shifting Terra slightly so that he could get a better angle on her shoulder. He started rolling bandages around the wound, trying to get the bandages tight enough to be useful, but loose enough to give Terra full movement and not hurt her.

It was tricky work for somebody not entirely used to medical work like Kostya and took quite a while, so as he worked he talked. "I was thinkin' somethin' like a knife maybe? Animal tha' size will have some pretty decent sized bones ta' make one from an' ya' handled my knife pretty well. Ah' could give ya' a couple'a pointers on using one if ya like," he offered, making a low humming noise as he thought what else he could do, "I could make y'a a necklace as well, string ya' a couple'a teeth on it if ya want? I'm probably gonna' add a tooth or two to my own necklace." Kostya gestured to the silver pendant he wore around his neck.

Finally Kostya had nearly finished, "This migh' hurt a lil' bit." he warned before sharply pulling the bandages into a tight knot. "There we go. I've probably done about a hundred things wrong but it should stop dirt gettin' inta' it at least." Kostya smiled and quickly shifted down into Lupus form, laying down near Terra and licking her ears, "Thanks fer' comin' with me Terra. Appreciate the help an' it was fun spendin' some time with ya'. It's not like it's particularly lonely up north, but ya' tend to see lots of diff'rent wolves once an' then never see em again, it's nice ta' spend some time with someone that I know."Finished talking, Kostya wiggled closer to Terra and laid his head on his paws, content to just spend a bit of time resting with his friend before they parted ways.

[/html]
[html]
OOC Check it out! My own table!

Terra sucked in her breath as the bandages were pulled tight. It hurt, but she wasn't going to let Kostya know. He had fixed her up, after all, even when she did something as foolish as charge a cougar when she didn't know how to fight.A knife?Terra didn't have anything of her own, and she was extremely jealous of the canines that did have them. She loved the glint of the knives, and here she was being offered one! I'd love a knife, though the lessons will have to wait a while. Terra chuckled at the thought, examining her shoulder. The wound really wasn't that bad, but it would hold her up for a couple weeks. A necklace sounds nice too. A cougar's teeth would make a fantastic trophy, one worth telling everyone about.

Relaxed Terra snuggled up to her friend, sighing her content. The hunt had gone well, the food had been great, and she got her first trophy. Feeling the warmth of her friend Terra settled in, starting to doze off. If she could, Terra would freeze time for a little while, if only to hold onto that complete feeling of peace.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]