the crumbling difference between wrong and right
[html]
550+
Meggie! Sorry this took longer than anticipated Dx

Meaningless, meaningless, meaningless. Shandom felt absolutely and entirely meaningless in Cours des Miracles, and he was remiss to admit it was entirely his fault. His reluctance to accept the Optime form was unusual for these lands, he'd come to realize, and deep within his heart the male wished he remained a loner slightly longer. But he had so desired to be a member of a pack again, to enjoy the pack dynamics and closeness that he remembered from Etienne. Shandom hadn't taken into account, though, that in Etienne everything was handed to him on a silver platter. The Qi'Vaex name did not matter in these alien lands; his status as an Alpha heir meant absolutely nothing to anyone. In fact, he hadn't even mentioned it.

It wasn't really to say he was unhappy. The several wolves he'd met were nice enough, and nobody had made any direct comments about how awkward he seemed (though, he supposed, this might have had something to do with the eternally cocky demeanor he employed). Nobody was directly antagonistic, and some seemed to genuinely like him, but he missed the vibrant personalities he used to know. If he were being honest, he missed Lea - of course - but he also missed Odin quite a bit. Even though his brother was as strange as a walking, talking stalk of broccoli, the younger male had always been a good ear and a fantastic supportive shoulder. Shandom wondered often if Odin hated him, or thought him to be a monster, but he'd always seemed able to see the truth in things. If anyone, he would have understood why he did what he did.

On his strange two legs, Shandom wandered through the territory, still feeling rather pointless. A hungry twang reminded him it had been far too long since he hunted and satiated himself. Shifting was all rather effortless, the male considered as he focused on bringing his body into the large Secui form. Rapidly, the male shortened, condensed, and lost the strange long limbs that characterized his two legged form. Paws returned to paws, his arms became his front legs, and Shandom felt himself again. Breaking into a brisk trot, the male trotted into the grove where he often slept and allowed his instinctual senses to take over.

It was not long before he caught wiff of prey, and Shandom followed it. The scent came from a rather large male rabbit, and while the chase was brief, it was still exhilarating. The rabbit died quickly once he clasped his jaws around it, feeling the little bones crunch and the blood seep into his mouth. God, it tasted good. Good didn't even describe it. That freaking rabbit tasted absolutely delicious. Once it was dead, Shandom figured it would be prudent to shift back into his Optime form. When he was in Cours des Miracles, he really did try his hardest to stay on two legs. Still, the sensation was odd. As his limbs lengthened back and his paws turned back into hands, Shandom wondered how anyone could actually enjoy this form. It would always feel unnatural.

Still, he didn't want to dwell on anything particularly philosophical now. He wanted to eat a rabbit. Happily, the male sat down to enjoy his large snack, chomping happily and generally enjoying the setting sun.

<style type="text/css"> .herface b {font-weight:normal; color:#d2e9fe; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#182d42 0px 0px 3px; } .herface .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#3e606c; text-align:center; text-shadow:#e1ede6 0px 1px 1px;} .herface p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;} .herface {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#91a5ac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7AZmy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e606c; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#3e606c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;} </style> [/html]
[html]
♥! Assuming it's about midday and that I got the location right? xD; Since I didn't describe her appearance at all... Hair is pinned up in an elegant mess with a purple and blue jeweled butterfly comb, pink and purple jeweled dragonfly necklace, Marilyn Monroe style dress. c:

Her days hardly seemed to have the meaning that other canines had found in their lives. The lovely woman did not do much in the pack and she spent most of her time reading or playing with her pretty dresses. She spent a lot of time with Felicity, but her other children were less interested in the things that she had in common with her golden-hued daughter. Haven had become extremely distant since the war had started, and in recent times he had even stepped down from his rank on the Council and had given up his position as a Knight. Things had been turned upside down in her life by the war and she had only had a minor part in it by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Thankfully Anann had been there to rescue her. Princess was a damsel who often needed rescuing.

There was seemingly nothing for her to do. The war was almost over, surely, and she expected their King would return soon enough, and things would return to normal then. For her, however, things in her normal routine were as normal as they could be, with the sole exception of Haven's strange behavior as of late. It was his strange behavior that drove her away from their home together that day, slender form moving among the trees until she could see the clearing within, stepping out into the light again with a light happy twirl. This movement brought something else to her attention: She was not alone. "Oh," she breathed, startled. "Hello."

<style type="text/css">
.meghann005 b {font-weight:normal; color:#602f3d; text-shadow:#e0d1c8 0px 0px 4px;}
.meghann005 .ooc{padding: 0px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#eee2d0;text-align:center;}
.meghann005 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.meghann005 {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#91606a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/W7bJp.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d7afb7; padding: 275px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d7afb7; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann005 .line1 {width:100px; border-bottom:1px dashed #eee2d0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
Sorry this is absolutely awful. I'm trying to avoid writing a paper.

The first thing he noticed about the female who'd approached him - though he assumed it hadn't been intentional - was that she was clothed in, quite potentially, the most bizarre fashion he'd ever seen.

Shandom supposed it would be lovely in its own way if he were used to it. It appeared to him at least that the female put a lot of effort into her appearance. Women, he chuckled to himself internally, casting aside the remnants of the rabbit and wiping the crimson blood away from his lips. The male was positive he looked a bit of a mess - eating had a way of doing that to him, what with the drastic contrast between red and white. A small smirk slipped across his face as the male assessed her with his good eye. She was a pretty little thing, much shorter than him; this difference was even more apparent as the tall male rose to his Optime feet to greet her.

'Lo, Miss Shandom said, deep voice respectful and slightly deferential. Though he was much larger, the male kept his eyes averted and head ducked - she was, undoubtedly, higher ranked than he. Everyone was higher ranked than he (which, truth be told, was quite the reality shock for the former loner and Alpha). I apologize if I caught you but surprise - I was just enjoying a meal in the woods. A wide, easy smile stretched across his scarred face, transforming it. Shandom always looked significantly less intimidating when he was happy. I would have invited you to join, of course, if I had not scarfed it down already. He boomed a short bark of laughter before extending his hand to her in the manner Adonis taught him. I'm Shandom Qi'Vaex-Nightslayer, Miss....? His voice trailed off, waiting for her to give him her name.

A rather amusing thought occurred to Shandom in that moment. He hadn't met any males yet. Just females.

<style type="text/css"> .herface b {font-weight:normal; color:#d2e9fe; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#182d42 0px 0px 3px; } .herface .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#3e606c; text-align:center; text-shadow:#e1ede6 0px 1px 1px;} .herface p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;} .herface {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#91a5ac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7AZmy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e606c; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#3e606c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;} </style> [/html]
[html]
It wasn't awful! <3

The beautiful woman could hardly call herself educated on the members of the kingdom, for clearly she did not know everyone. This male was completely unfamiliar to her, a wolf she had never even seen in passing or at meetings. Evidently, he was new, for they had been subject to many meetings as of late due to the war with AniWaya and the alliance with Crimson Dreams. Princess took in his appearance, more feral than most here, despite his two-legged form and the extended hand. The blood around his mouth added to the image of a wild, natural wolf, certainly.

"Princess Chance," the golden woman said smoothly, fluidly, slipping her slender hand into his daintily. She was perhaps one of the least involved members of the pack, but she had always at least tried to know the names of her fellow kingdom wolves, and now she knew his, strange as his name sounded to her. The last bit, Nightslayer, sounded so terribly... Dark. The scars on his face accented the morbid-sounding name, though she did not stare, for scars were not something she was uncomfortable with or unused to. Haven had many of his own, though of course her lovely frame was not marred in such a manner. That was unthinkable.

"Are you new to the kingdom, Sir Qi'Vaex-Nightslayer?" she asked, though the answer was seemingly obvious to her, since she had never seen him before. There was no mistaking that she had not; the white of his fur was a stark contrast to most here.

<style type="text/css">
.meghann005 b {font-weight:normal; color:#602f3d; text-shadow:#e0d1c8 0px 0px 4px;}
.meghann005 .ooc{padding: 0px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#eee2d0;text-align:center;}
.meghann005 {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#91606a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/W7bJp.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d7afb7; padding: 275px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d7afb7; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
.meghann005 .line1 {width:100px; border-bottom:1px dashed #eee2d0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
xD Shandom's so confused about her name. Sorry for the delay, love.

He took her delicate hand in his, clasping it firmly. It is a pleasure, Princess Chance, the male smiled, his good eye twinkling merrily. Shandom could not help but be curious as to whether or not her name was actually Princess or if that were merely her title; however, he did not ask. Something told him it would be rather rude, and he wasn't exactly interested in antagonizing someone who might just be a Princess, and therefore extremely high in the pack. He decided it was probably rank, and would treat her as such until he discovered differently.

The half blind man retreated, discretely wiping away the last of the blood from his lips. There was a slight rusty hue around them, but he otherwise looked slightly more civilized - slightly being the operative term, of course. She inquired as to whether or not he was new to the lands, and the male gave her a sheepish grin. I admit I am rather new, Princess, but not so new that I should not have met such a lovely woman as yourself. No, I have instead kept to myself, rather, discovering all these lands and the surrounding ones have to offer. Shandom found himself rather long winded as of late, but the male was not embarrassed: she asked a question, and he provided her an answer.

Shandom leaned casually against the tree once more, crossing his arms over his chest. So, my lady, what's a lovely little thing like yourself doing all the way out here, alone? Certainly there must be someone to accompany such a pretty Princess. His tone was cheeky, relaxed; Shandom had no qualms with flirtation, regardless of rank. It crossed his mind briefly that the female might be mated, but it was a fleeting thought - he wasn't particularly concerned with the idea. Now that he'd gotten past the incredibly strange clothes and hairstyle, he found her quite appealing.

[html]
c: 417 - longest post I've written in a long time, Idek where it came from. xD

The initial shock of seeing him there with blood on his lips had passed now, allowing the Duchess Chance to study the large male with keen interest. Princess had never been the type who went out of her way to meet the fellow members of any of the packs she had lived in. In Dahlia de Mai, she had followed her wretched mother around like a lost puppy, enamored with her as she was. Crimson Dreams had been the home of her attempts at staying close to her only brother, but things had gone drastically wrong when she had done something he didn't like and then he had left out of fear. Now, in the kingdom, she felt as if making an effort wasn't necessary. She was not the type who had friends, anyway.

She withdrew her hand gracefully, watching as he leaned back against the tree. Such a relaxed stature was not something the dignified lady would ever take, but it seemed to suit him, as he was clearly not as accustomed to the humanized way of life here as she was. Princess assumed such, at any rate, because of his lack of clothing in this form and the feral manner in which he was eating. Naturally, she would never partake in such a messy thing. Rather, she ate her food cooked, choosing to prepare meals in that manner for her family, even if Haven and two of their children were not nearly as fickle. Felicity, however, understood her mother's antics.

"These lands are the most comfortable I've lived in," she told him with a look around them. This was probably the place she had found the most happiness, even if things seemed to be changing, and not for the better. Haven's strange behavior had her worried, but she did not want to think of that right now. It would only bring her pleasant mood down, swift and hard. "Today I walk alone," she said cryptically, with a coy smile. Why had she not mentioned Haven now? Normally she would boast about him, having pride in being the mate of the Knight and man of the council, but things had changed. He had stepped down and back from both, and now she did not know what to think or say about them. Something was wrong with him, but she hardly knew what it could possibly be.

"How are you enjoying our kingdom?" she inquired, one hand resting on her cocked out hip in an absent-minded motion.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
Really, I suck. I'm awful. I have no reason as to why I haven't replied to this yet. Feel free to beat be around the head with something spiky. Or beat Shandom. He b boring. And I also apologize this is short and awful. Just trying to reply. D: I'm sorry, dear.

His eyes, though one was useless, were entirely focused on the female, assessing her in greater detail. Shandom found the color of her fur appealing, as well as the dignified way in which she held herself - he could expect no more from a Princess. If he considered it, the male supposed she would be even more attractive on four paws. The arctic male preferred the feral grace of females who embraced their four legged forms - unfortunately, he had yet to encounter one. It seemed all the women in this land, at least from what he knew, believed this strange two legged form to be the new definition of beauty. None of them, if he were being honest, rivaled the large, almost masculine of his Lea-Belle, not even this trussed up woman. Still, this Princess Chance was beautiful in her own right. Shandom could not deny her simply because she was not the ideal. If she could hear what I'm thinking, she would be quite offended, the male considered internally, facial features betraying no treacherous thoughts. Quite the ungentle-man move.

Still, no matter how comfortable lands are, it is always good for someone of your stature to be protected, Shandom smiled. If I had known such a lovely creature as yourself lived in this Kingdom, I would always lend you my protective services - if you desired it, of course. His words were gentlemanly and genuine; he had always been slightly over protective of things he considered beautiful. And, now that you mention it, I find I am quite enjoying this place. It is strange to me - I am not accustomed to life on two legs - but such a beautiful woman as yourself makes the adjustment worth it.

He had no shame. None. But why should he? The woman made no comment of a mate or any male obligations, and Shandom could not detect any dominant scents he recognized on her being. No, to him she simply smelled of Cours des Miracles, and that was enough for the alabaster man.