Sun before the storm
[html]
Midday. Kostya is chillin' in his Lupus form and this is set around northern drifter bay/southern halcyon mountains. Fore-Dated to 17th November / +370!

The sun was being kind to Kostya today and was shining bright, its rays doing an admirable effort of cutting through the seasonal cold that was setting in and providing the forest around him with a last burst of heat before the winter really set in. Kostya was taking advantage of the heat and was relaxing by a lake he had found. The lake was backed on one side by a cliff which had a medium sized ledge sticking out at water level, and it was upon this ledge that Kostya was resting.

He was currently lay flat on his belly, the rock having had plenty of time to warm before he got there, and looking out over the small lake. Its surface was mirror smooth and a deep, dark blue, the surrounding trees reflected in the water as faint silhouettes. Despite the heat Kostya was keeping well clear of the water itself. As nice as it was to look at the water had proved too deep for the struggling sun to heat, and was absolutely freezing.

So instead of going for a swim Kostya just lay there, enjoying the heat and listening to the birdsong; the smaller animals having been reawakened by the heat. A smarter wolf might have took advantage of the heat to do some last minute hunting, but Kostya was tired out from his recent mad scramble to collect a decent stock of meat and so let the prey live to see another day.

To be frank the only thing missing that would make this day perfect was, in Kostya's mind, somebody to talk too. Despite his initial discomfort with the atypically outgoing residents of Souls', Kostya was fast coming to appreciate the advantage of having somebody to talk to, to joke about with and to hunt alongside. Despite his discomfort with the packs lifestyles Kostya was strongly starting to consider joining a pack, just for the company. Though the insurance and food supply would be useful as well.

Still, he was already lay down and finding somebody to talk to would likely require a fair bit of effort and while Kostya didn’t often indulge in laziness, when he did he liked to do it properly, and so he simply lay in a kef, simply taking in the area.

<style type="text/css">
.kosty b {font-weight:bold; color:#48577c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #293a63; }
.kosty p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.kosty {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#030712; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/P0xYw.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#434a5e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.kosty p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.kosty p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
.: OOC :. Sorry it's so short, I'm in a rush and wanted to get this up!

Shandom was coming to find he enjoyed the climate of this territory. In Etienne, there would have been copious amounts of snow on the ground already, and the wind would be howling with rage. By now, the male would have borrowed himself into his comfortable cave den, venturing out only to hunt and attend to pack duties. Otherwise, he and Lea would be comfortably entwined together; black on white, ebony and ivory, yin and yang. Her bulk would easily encircle him, making the male feel small; strangely, he did not mind. Shandom had always felt safe with Lea, protected from any danger the world might pose. Funny how three years could change things.

He knew that if she somehow arrived in Nova Scotia - and he would not be shocked if she did - that his life, and the lives of those around him, would be in jeopardy. There were scarce few wolves he'd bonded with, Saxif being the primary once, and he would feel absolutely horrible if the monstrous female decided to take out her aggression towards him on them. But he would not have been surprised; after he left Keliyya, Shandom had been horrified to learn what happened to Yajaira and her. Yajaira murdered in cold blood, Keliyya raped repeatedly: the memory repeated endlessly in his head. Who knew that for one misdeed, so much pain and suffering could arise.

Walking along the coastline, his four paws slapping on the earth, Shandom could not help but still feel content despite the maelstrom that threatened to arise in his head. He spotted another wolf, also on four legs, and a huge grin broke across his face. It was so rare that he encountered a wolf in the same shape as he, so the male broke into an eager trot. Hello! he called, voice and body posture friendly. He did not want to alienate this stranger.

<style type="text/css"> .Shandom_RockOcean b {font-weight:bold; color:#fcdbd7; font-size:16; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:Arial; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #7c7c7c; } .Shandom_RockOcean .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .Shandom_RockOcean p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 18px 10px 18px; margin:0px;} .Shandom_RockOcean {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#8cb3c1; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XwVqr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e566a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .Shandom_RockOcean p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;font-family:'Marck Script';} </style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry, I tried but I couldn't think of much to write T_T

Kostya was just about to fall asleep when the voice of another wolf met his ears, calling out a greeting. Lazily opening one eye Kostya inspected the voices owner, who was approaching the ledge. The wolf approaching him was pure white and of a medium build, nothing particularly special. What caught Kostya's eye was a large scar running down the left side of the strangers face, passing over his eye.

Someone to talk to, that's convenient., still, as oddly convenient as it was Kostya wasn't about to complain.

Tail wagging backwards and forwards across the rock Kostya raised his head from his paws, looking down at the stranger from the slightly raised position the ledge gave him and let out a long yawn before greeting the stranger. "'Ey there!" He called down happily to the distant figure,"Come on up!" He jerked his head to the side, gesturing to a smooth rock that allowed for easy access to the ledge he was sitting on.

<style type="text/css">
.bluekost1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a84a3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px;}
.bluekost1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.bluekost1 .ooc {text-align:center; font-size:10px; border-bottom:#5a84a3 1px dashed;}
.bluekost1 .inner {margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/vnijrq.jpg);}
.bluekost1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#0d1924; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/xnzzhd.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 360px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2b5475; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
.: OOC :. No worries! Didn't give you much to work with. .: WC :. 408

The male seemed friendly enough, as he hadn't immediately snarled at Shandom and told him to beat it. Hell, he hadn't met anyone around here who seemed likely to tell him to "beat it". The least appealing wolf he'd met thus far (at least initially, he harbored no grudges against the female now) was Terra, and that was just because she was over friendly. Shandom's typically reserved, slightly aloof nature was not necessarily being replaced, but he'd certainly felt more friendly and comfortable as of late than he had in the past. He thought this new land to be a peaceful place, an ironic vein due to the fact that he arrived in the midst of a war. But as he hadn't known anyone at the time of fighting, he was really rather indifferent. Not that he'd ever mention that to Saxif - he assumed she hurt her arm in the battle.

As Shandom approached, he noticed that the male was scarred as well. There were four lines on the side of his muzzle from some unknown creature; he could not help but wonder what it was from. This gentleman was significantly more decorated than Shandom, and though he was slightly embarassed to be so unadorned, he did not make that obvious. Instead, he kept his facial features calm and neutral as he ambled his way to the rock where the man sat. He kept a respectful distance: though the man's greeting had been friendly, Shandom could not help but be wary of strangers. The dangers posed were numerous, even in these overfriendly lands.

It's quite refreshing to see someone in their four legged form, he said once he heaved himself onto the rock, panting slightly. The male's accent was unfamiliar; Shandom assumed he was foreign. In his travels, the most exotic creatures he'd ever met had been Tourniquet and Adonis, and they spoke with only the slightest accent. The alabaster male was remiss to admit he'd never asked them the geography of their home. It was actually quite rude of him. Then again, it would be equally rude to ask this male, this stranger, right off the bat about his origins. Shandom, ever the master of manners, elected to not.

I'm sorry to interrupt your solitude; I hope you were not seeking to enjoy your day alone. The words rolled off Shandom's tongue, his polite nature reminding him to give the male the option to dismiss him.

<style type="text/css"> .Shandom_RockOcean b {font-weight:bold; color:#fcdbd7; font-size:16; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:Arial; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #7c7c7c; } .Shandom_RockOcean .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .Shandom_RockOcean p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 18px 10px 18px; margin:0px;} .Shandom_RockOcean {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#8cb3c1; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XwVqr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e566a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .Shandom_RockOcean p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;font-family:'Marck Script';} </style>[/html]
[html]

As the other wolf was climbing their way up they made a comment about Kostya being in his Lupus form, making an observation that kostya had noticed as well. "Yeah, I've noticed tha' a lotta wolves seem ta' spend a lotta sime in their Optime forms. Seems a bit strange ta' me, I mean hands are useful an' stuff but Lupus is much more comfortable, maybe Secui if yer huntin'." Kostya noticed that the other male seemed a bit hesitant about approaching him, both in body language and in voice.

Rather than make the other male feel awkward about his distance Kostya instead got up and walked over to him, sniffing for any scents that he recognised on the male. While Kostya was happy to talk to pretty much anybody pack wolves made him feel slightly awkward, as he was always afraid that he might anger the wolf, and subsequently their pack, if he made a blunder. Happily he didn’t find any pack scents that eh recognised, so he sat back down, this time closer to the male, and started talking. "Nah, it's fine. Relaxin' is nice an all, but I prefer relaxin wi' someone ta' talk ta'." Kostya gave the other male a friendly grin, his tail wagging slowly at the thought of having somebody to share the lovely day with.

"'M Kostya by tha' way, nice ta meet ya….?" Kostya let the question trail off, waiting for the male to respond, hopefully with their name.

[/html]
[html]
.: OOC :. UGH! Again, this is short. I'm super sorry - I promise, I normally have posts that are SIGNIFICANTLY longer than this. Dx .: WC :. 401

Shandom could see why the male picked this rock to relax on. The sun hit it nicely, and he could not help but crane his face skyward, absorbing as much of the late autumn warmth as possible. His ebony lips were twisted into a contented grin, and his tail wagged; this was the kind of weather that made him feel alive. It was not quite too cool, but not so hot that his thick arctic coat was a hindrance. He was glad he made the decision to wander so far away from Cours des Miracles, though, with shame, he realized he probably would not be able to call that pack home for long. It just did not suit him, for reasons he could not quite put his paw on. They are useful, yes, but I still find I prefer to act like a wolf. The pack I have been calling home, Cours des Miracles, finds Optime form to be preferable, however. Adjusting has been difficult, to say the least... Hence why I'm so far north. The male chuckled, realizing he was babbling.

Body language relaxed, Shandom reclined onto his haunches and faced the male. I'm glad you're seeking company. I've been traveling a long while, and it is nice to come across someone who is interested in conversation. Then again, almost everyone here appears to be; I haven't come across someone yet who is anything less than cordial. Perhaps it was part of the traditionalist nature of his upbringing, but he could not help but find it strange. Wolves around here didn't seem to quite realize the danger of loners; Shandom shuddered at the thought of how Lea would treat these perfectly nice wolves. Gods, he was missing her lately, though.

Forgive my manners, Kostya, Shandom apologized when his new acquaintance trailed off, seeking his name. I appear to be a bit of a mess today. I am Shandom Qi'Vaex-Nightslayer. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. His smile was easy and relaxed, and had be been in Optime form, he would have extended his paw to shake. He wasn't, though, and he was content with merely dipping his head as a formal greeting. I'm so sorry if this seems rude, and do not feel obliged to respond if it is, but may I inquire as to where you are from? I have never heard an accent quite like yours.

[html]

Pop goes the weasel. XD. She can come in at the end of your posts if you have more to say XD

The huntress had stopped at various little places here and there on her journey; she picked up little things for those she thought of. Today she decided to bring a little something to the male that she helped in the woods on the morning of her travel. She had other things for many of her friends but with her current situation she thought it best to see one that she hadn’t been as close to so it would be less awkward. She understood why she felt so strange that day she met him, her body was begging for one thing and it clouded her thoughts. She hoped today she could be calmer with him, she was sure she could be though. Zalen she decided to wait to tell the news, sort of on the edge wondering what he would think of her unplanned pregnancy. Shandom... well he had been on her mind a lot and with her belly budding filled with life he would most definitely think he was the father. She sighed heavily; she knew he wasn’t though after much deliberation and reflection she could tell she wasn’t in heat at the time. This made her smile momentarily, knowing that she enjoyed his company unaltered by hormones and barely knowing him she didn’t want their friendship to change from that, friendship.

When she came around the area she suspected the male hunter lived she lowered to a crouch. She gathered a handful of leaves and sniffed. She let out a breath of frustration he has been on the grounds but not recently. She followed the old trail and quickly came to his den. Kostya? He wasn’t home but she was able to find a fresh trail. She knew she was coming to a body of water when she caught another fresh scent. Shandom? She winced slightly at the idea of seeing him but as their trails became apparent at heading in the same direction she grew more at ease. It would be far more comforting seeing the both of them than either of them alone. She stopped a menacing grin growing upon her face. She mentally laid out a map of their trail direction and started to round it. Even with her light fur Saxif knew how to keep from sight in the forest. She lurked behind trees as the water became clear she made it to the edge laying low in the golden grass. She peered around the edge of the lake and spotted them when Shandom’s fur was a clear contrast to the dark stone. She grinned again. She moved carefully and slowly in the grass, it was difficult as she tried to keep as little weight as possible from her arm It would be easier in lupus. She thought but her plan needed this form. Her arm was near its last while of healing but she wouldn’t risk it until she was sure it was better, which according to some would be in about a fortnight.

The female decided it was close enough and carefully untied the splint. She set it down along with the satchel containing Kostya’s gift. She slinked through the grass very slowly and slid her toes in the cold water. She smiled, she loved to swim no matter the time of year and since her fall into thin ice when she was a pup she enjoyed the thrill of the memory cold water brought to her. She eased her body into the water shaking the chill that rose to her head and took a deep breath. She loved the day a pretty girl taught her to dive and was glad the moment would prove rather useful just then. It was quiet under water as she skilfully eased closer. The males wouldn’t suspect a thing she thought as her mind grew giddy with excitement. When she could see their blurred forms upon the rock she came up to the edge. She grabbed stone under the water and launched herself up. Hey guys whatcha you doing?! She yelled cheerfully throwing her arms up sure to give them a bit of splash before she grabbed the edge.

<style type="text/css">
.saxgoldraze b {font-weight:bold; color:#c32600; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1e0e01 1px 1px 1px; }
.saxgoldraze p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.saxgoldraze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331e01; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QNMki.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 460px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a47712; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saxgoldraze .wordcount {color:#a47712; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #c32600; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.saxgoldraze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Yeah, I've noticed tha' as well, there's a lotta friendly wolves around 'ere." Kostya replied, laying his head back down on his paws and returning to his lake watching as he talked. For a second he thought that he could see something moving, but quickly dismissed it as nothing when he failed to see any further signs of movement. "Still, it's a pretty nice change from some'a tha' places i've been through; prefer friendly wolves ta' antisocial ones myself." It was an odd lifestyle, especially for a Loner, but it was something that Kostya had come to appreciate; his mother's death would have been much harder for him to deal with if he had spent his time here alone in the woods.

Kostya returned the newly names Shandom's nod as the other wolf gave their name, "Nice ta' meet ya' Shan, err ya' don' mind if I call ya' Shan do ya'? Names're a bit difficult for me sometimes." Kostya flicked his ears down momentarily in a brief apology, before straightening his head to answer Shandom's question. "Nah no worries. I'm originally from Russia, but I've spent mosta my life since I was a pup travellin', so my accent is all over tha' place."

Kostya had been just about to ask Shandom a bit about life down in Cour des Miracles when a golden figure launched itself out of the water, thankfully sparing the world Kostya's horrific mangling of the name "Cour des Miracles" as it did so. The spray of water generated by the emerging figure not only soaked Kostya in the icy cold water, but also filled his mouth as he had just opened it to begin speaking. Spluttering and swearing quietly Kostya jumped backwards and to his feet, glaring at the figure when his eyes widened as he recognised it.

"Saxif!" With a happy bark Kostya leapt forward again, touching his nose to Saxif's in greeting before backing off to talk to her. Grinning happily at the appearance of his friend Kostya began launching questions at her, "Looks like yer arm's better, how'd ya' journey go?" He asked curiously, sitting down again as his tail wagged along the floor.

[/html]