hold on to your kite
[html]

Feel free to PP her catching the rabbit or interrupt her in any way you wish! Wink

Thirst had driven Vesper to walk from the mansion guest house to the creek circling behind the gardens, but after lapping some of the cold water from the stream, she wanted to stretch her legs. A brisk walk through the forest turned into a trot turned into a full-on sprint, exercising muscles that hadn’t been used since she’d lain recovering in the bed. She flew in her lupus form, dashing along rabbit trails and other natural pathways in the woods, her blood singing. This is what she’d missed after the traumatic attack.

The coywolf soon slowed her pace, her tongue lolling from her jaws as she shook fallen leaves from her coat. It had been a blustery morning, but now that the sun was nearly at its apex, the winds died down and the golden light chased the harsh chill of late autumn away. It was an oasis of good weather compared to what it’d been the past few days, and she was content.

She sat down beside yet another stream, lifting a hind paw to scratch gently at her ear and cheek before a rustling in the nearby foliage made her head perk up. She was a comical sight with her paw still raised, sitting on her other hip. Ears swiveled toward the sound, and she quickly but quietly got to her paws, sharp blue eyes picking out the sight of a rabbit lolloping cautiously out from the vegetation.

Vesper leaped after it immediately, darkly focused as she pattered through the leaves after the fleeing creature.

<style type="text/css">
.vespstalk b {font-weight:bold; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk t {font-style:italic; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vespstalk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vespstalk {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#f1f3f2; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/6fnz0w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#7d7e7d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]ooc: grumpy frumpy Zana!

IC:
Zana had been stalking the small creature through the woods. The stupid possum had got into her den while she had been out and had made a mess of her home before departing. She figured the creature had been ill for it hadn't eaten anything of her stores and had just bumbled about. Now it's trail told a story that she couldn't make out.

The small female eyed the possum with dislike as she knew that either old age or some illness had addled it's brain. She wouldn't eat the stupid creature but she wasn't about to letit suffer any longer. Quick as can be she raised the blow tube to her lips and shot the beast through the head. It curled in upon it's size and moved no longer. Zana stared at the corpse a moment longer before her silence was broken by that of a rabbit darting through the woods, the crash through the underbrush telling her it wasn't the only thing coming either.

Zana growled, a sharp yip of annoyance setting the rabbit's course off as it darted to the side. She snarled and watched it move on before she turned her eyes to meet the stranger who had interupted her silence.

[/html]
[html]

Grouchy but confused Ves! And this post is so rambly, sorry. xD

Vesper had missed the thrill of the hunt, even chasing after something as small as this. The rabbit was still substantially larger than the mice she’d taken care of near the guest house. Not wanting to venture far from her temporary home, she hadn’t hunted as she’d wanted, and her skinny features were proof of that. Jaws slavering, she put on an extra burst of speed when the creature’s haunches were almost in reach, ready to grab that white bunny tail and lunge to break its neck.

The prey swerved suddenly, spooked by a sharp growl, and slender jaws snapped down on thin air. Ves was going too quickly to adjust her course; that, and the fallen leaves offered no traction. She tried to turn after it, but her scrabbling paws slipped out from underneath her. Only a lifetime of training her balance kept her from falling on her belly and face; she might have slipped on her ass, but she was on all fours moments later.

On all fours and whirling in the direction of whatever creature had destroyed her chances at catching the rabbit.

Her lips were curled back, blue eyes cold, but she kept her tail and ears low in case it was one of the Inferni higher-ups; she wasn’t technically part of the clan yet, and she didn’t want to get in too bad graces with any of them. However, her frustration faltered as she spied the culprit—a very short ruddy-colored luperci with staring lilac eyes.

In her lupus form, Vesper was small—or at least a hell of a lot shorter than many of the wolves that frequented Nova Scotia. While the luperci in front of her might have looked absolutely tiny compared to the hybrid’s optime form, the fact of the matter was that she was still taller than her like this—so Ves couldn’t really pinpoint why she looked so odd.

“What the hell was that for?” she asked instead, ears flattening with annoyance. She wouldn’t dare attack someone of the clan, but she couldn’t see what the point was in disrupting her hunt.

<style type="text/css">
.vespstalk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vespstalk {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#f1f3f2; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/6fnz0w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#7d7e7d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
She hadn't even moved when the stranger had come skittering towards her. She merely blinked slowly and watched as the woman tried to gain some composure as she finally came to a stop before the tiny woman. She sighed with annoyance as the stranger asked just what she was doing. Instead of answering right away Zana lifted up the large grandfather possum and waved it before Vesper's face. "Keeping you safe." She just realized that though the woman smelled slightly of Inferni it was not her scent. She growled softly and tossed the possum off to the side again.

Folding her arms she glared at the lady once more as she asked. "Why you here? Why hunting on our lands.. you smell of Inferni but you don't belong.." She studied the creature before her, wondering just why she thought she could eat of their prey inside their lands. She caught the scent of Enkiel as well though and wondered just how many strangers were in these lands currently.
[html]

The ruddy luperci seemed annoyed by her question, though the younger woman felt that it was a justifiable one. At the sight of the possum, her brows pinched together, and she realized that she might have crashed into the disgusting beast. However, she only snorted; she didn’t need anyone to keep her safe, especially not from stupid smelly corpses.

However, a growl emerged from the stranger’s throat, lilac eyes hard as she pointed out that Vesper did not smell quite like the clan. Coyote-large ears lowering, the hybrid wondered how best to answer her—though she would need an answer soon before conclusions were drawn about her mooching off Inferni territory. Confident in her right to be here, however, she shrugged and sat.

“I’m a patient of Enkiel’s—and I need to eat. I wasn’t going to make him work now that I’m able to walk for myself.” She dipped her head to lick at an itchy scar on her foreleg, but her blue eyes did not leave the small woman for long. “I was entertaining the idea of actually joining.” In which case, it would be best not to make enemies, no matter how aggravating—though other than scaring off her kill, this woman hadn’t done anything to set her off.

“Name’s Vesper,” the coywolf added, the gruffness fled from her voice though it wasn’t completely friendly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Zana was in a grouchy mood, but atleast she had come to do what she had planned when she'd found the possum had ransacked her home. Now that the deed was over most of the venom was seeping from her mood and she was merely left with suspicion and a need to know. Her lilac eyes narrowed as she watched the woman sit down like she belonged in the clan. She didn't make a move to stop her but she was cautious just the same.

When the hybrid began to explain things Zana relaxed slightly as she realized that atleast the woman wasn't trying to make things harder on the clan by letting the members do all the work while she was a guest in their lands. Zana eyed the fresh puckered scars on the woman as she shifted her weight slight. "Thank you then." she said softly. "Winter is coming and we will need all the help we can get, not members tied up with duties outside the clan." She knew that Enkiel took his healers ways serious but the clan needed him too.... and it seemed this woman was wise enough to realize when she had overstepped her stay.

She smiled slightly though when the woman expressed interests at becoming one with the clan. She wagged her tail slightly as she admitted. "We could always use another.. and it seems the clan might be good for you too." She eyed the wounds once more and grinned as she added. I'm Zana by the way.." The gruff mood and anger that had been a cloud about her form since morning had slowly evaporated.
[html]

My posts suuckkk.

The ruddy woman’s attitude changed as Vesper brought up wanting to hunt for herself, and the loner was glad that they had fallen onto the same page. Only a couple of months ago she would have scoffed at the defensive nature of pack wolves, but she could understand what a complicated organism a group like this was. It was a careful balance between population and food, with borders guarded and outsiders watched warily—or at least it was in a real clan like this, not silly “packs” that welcomed in whatever doe-eyed loner groveled the most.

The short luperci’s demeanor changed even more as Ves mentioned joining, and she even wagged her tail faintly behind her, flashing the color of the ribbons tied around it—something that made the end look like a funny tuft, though Vesper of course didn’t know of the scars that lay beneath. She did not look at it for long, however, and instead dipped her head.

“Nice to meet you, Zana,” the coywolf said—just as a formality, though the look of respect on her angular face was enough to show she was somewhat sincere. “I’ve heard of Inferni on my travels as a loner, and I figured that this would be the pack most suited to me.”

Her stomach growled, then, and the gaunt hybrid flicked an ear. “Do you…want to hunt together? I still want my meal.” She smirked and wagged her tail once to show that she didn’t mean anything challenging by the statement. She also didn’t know if Zana would shift, but the prospect of seeing a luperci hunt in their two-legged form interested her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Zana grinned at the other woman as she spoke of wanting to join the clan. She wagged her tail, the ribbons whipping and snapping as she chuckled. "Loyalty is a grand thing in the clan... if you have enough to spare I'm sure Ezekiel can find a place for you..." she hoped that she was correct, for some reason she liked this woman and she wanted to see what she could do when she was at full health. She knew she was a bit strange but the small Lykoi had a simple way of looking at the workings of the clan and could ignore most petty events and fights between her mates as long as she wasn't dragged down too. She hoped that if Vesper stayed she would defer from the drama and be one more friend and strong ally she had within the lands. Certain circles within the clan were already shifty enough in her eyes.

She winced slightly as she realized that the sound that cut through her thoughts was the sound of the half healed woman's stomach. Giving the other an apologetic glance she jerked her head to the side and smiled. "Come on, lets go look and see just what we can find in the meadow..." she knew that the grouse and phesants were settling down about this time of day and flushing them out shouldn't be too hard. She hoped so at least, she had made the woman miss her meal.
[html]

Being reassured by an established member of the clan that Vesper had a chance to become part of it invoked unexpected pleasure in the loner. She wasn’t used to giving a damn what others thought of her, but in order to make this work—especially with her own disadvantages—any good feelings would be pivotal in securing a place in Inferni.

“I’m loyal to those I respect, and Inferni has given me no reason to disrespect its members thus far.” Vesper shrugged, smirking faintly. Even the dusky coyote that had beaten her down and intimidated her commanded a shocking amount of respect for his skill. Respect and fondness were two completely different things, but as long as the goals of Inferni didn’t go completely against her conscience, she didn’t think she’d have a problem settling down here.

The look of apology from Zana made Vesper smirk more broadly, and she nodded once in agreement. Tail wagging, she darted off in the direction she thought the meadow was in—before pausing and glancing at her optime companion with the slightest air of questioning. “Lead the way,” she said, amending her actions. She’d explored some of the territory, but she hadn’t wanted to venture in too deep in case someone unsavory found her before she could return to the guest house.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Watching the woman with grey lilac orbs she nodded silently as she spoke of loyalty and respect. Zana grinned slightly and warned the woman best she could. "If Ezekiel accepts you.. be warned.. not everyone in the clan welcomes so warmly.." She had run into a few very temperamental beasts in the lands and while she just learned to stay out of their way perhaps it was best to give the lady fair warning in how things might turn if she expected everyone to greet warmly and openly. Even if some did greet warmly Zana knew there were duel agendas on the minds of some.. there was always someone within a pack who was greedy for more than their slice of the pie. She had read about it throughout history and even seen witness to it as well.

Their conversation had turned to food and it was a subject that Zana could assist with, even despite her size. She smiled as the woman asked her to lead on and the tiny lady nodded and commented. "Perhaps we can scare up a hare or two as well.." She had pulled the small blow pip from the thong around her neck and was preparing to load it before they began to pad through the dense woods and out towards the fields.

Zana knew the meadows and fields quite well, often hunting in them for smaller prey and birds to fletch her tiny darts. She held a small dart between two fingers as they finally came to the edge of the meadow. There was dense shrubs sprinkled through the field and thick clumps of grass, perfect for small game to hide among. The little woman smiled to herself as she lifted her nose, the scent of rabbit and pheasant was plain on the winds, even a grouse or two. They just had to hope they were quick in flushing them out and her aim was accurate in shooting down their prey, unless Vesper wished to hunt with tooth and claw. "Would you like me to try for the first kill?" she asked, not certain how they were going to do this just yet.
[html]

316 words

The small blonde woman’s warning made Vesper arch a brow questioningly, but then, with a flicker of understanding in her blue eyes, she nodded. Doubtless, the violent reputation of the fire clan was deserved; already she had been beaten to a bloody pulp by one of its members, and enough outsiders had spoken ill of it for her to know that there was some grounds for the aggressive coyote stereotype. “I can handle it,” she said aloud, smirking faintly. She had to be able to handle it, especially if she wanted to survive amongst the coyotes. Those who were unduly violent were below her respect, anyway, and she didn’t have reservations against being particularly nasty to someone she didn’t like. All her life she hadn’t needed anyone to like her, at least.

Curiously, the lupus-formed hybrid glanced at the blow pipe. “What is that?” she asked. She’d seen many odd objects in the hands of luperci before, and she didn’t think she would ever know the names of all the things they used. Many the former loner considered useless, but now that she had hands of her own, she might stop thinking that way.

Crushing the meadow grass under her pads, Vesper moved quietly beside her ruddy future comrade and swiveled her ears forward with interest. Her eyes darted over the shrubs, seeking some sort of movement, such as fidgeting rabbits or hiding game fowl.

The coywolf glanced over at Zana and nodded at her suggestion. She hadn’t truly hunted in optime before, so she was curious to see what methods Zana used. “Just let me know what you want me to do,” she added, knowing she was far below the actual Inferni member in rank. She didn’t usually open herself up for receiving orders, but she didn’t want to be sitting here awkwardly shuffling her paws while the small woman did all of the work.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]