The Winds of Change
[html]
Hehehe SURPRISE Wink

Blind felt abnormally happy today. The sun warmed her dark pelt as she lounged near the manor, and she felt an unrelenting smile hang about her lips. Her body seemed to buzz with excitement as she watched a pack mate or two wander off in unknown directions, and she soon noticed that the sight of a luperci in its optime form sent her heart particularly a-flutter. And then, it all made sense.

Rising to all fours, Blind trotted up the steps of the manor, following her memory toward her new mother's room. She didn't know if she might be there this afternoon, but Blind surely hoped she would be. Her tail wagged lazily as she moved.

Soon Blind found herself in front of Soran's door, the smell of the dark wolf hanging around the wooden barrier. She lifted her paw and clawed at the door very gently as she cooed, Mom? Mom are you in?

At first, calling Soran 'mom' felt strange. But the more she did it, the more right it felt. Her own mother had passed long ago, and Soran had been so kind to take Blind under her wing. The wagging of the she-wolf's tail quickened a little at the thought of seeing her new mom again, and she clawed at the door once more: Soran? It's me, Blind.

<style type="text/css">
.blind-oo2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d4f76; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3c0c24; }
.blind-oo2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.blind-oo2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#613c4f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ygg2L.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#795064; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.blind-oo2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.blind-oo2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Yay! I can guess what might happen in this thread. WC: 647

The ebony pelted mother was sat reading in her room, she was in the middle of a book that she had found on Robin Hood, it seemed that her young patchwork great granddaughter was rather obsessed with the man and Soran wanted to read up on him, so she could talk to the small girl about him. She was finding him to be a rather interesting creature already. The dark pelted Tribune had had her mane braided by her daughter this morning, so she was not constantly having to brush the curled strands from her eyes for once; this was something that was common at the moment, her injured arm was still not perfectly healed and so she had not been able to tie it back herself. She had been stabbed by an Aniwayan guardian and she had had to stitch her arm herself, but the muscle had been damaged and was still sore at the moment, she was unable to do very much with it and it was usually in a sling now. She was managing though, the dark female's green eyes scanned the book, before something caught the corner of her eye and a smile crossed her lips. It seemed that some of Deuce's items had managed to find their way into the dark Tribune's bedroom. It seemed that her mate was sneakily moving in, there were some of her items lining one of shelves in the room. The dark female could not help but smile as she looked at the small knick knacks on the shelf. The dark female closed the large book carefully, resting it on the small wicker chair in the corner of her room, smiling softly she stood and gently brushed her fingers across some of the items, she picked up a few of them, turning some of the shiny stones over in her hand that was attached to her good arm. Every time the dark female thought about her mate she could not help but smile, she loved the pale female with all of her heart, just having her close was enough for the dark female, she could even smell the pale female around her room, it was wonderful, she could not help but be delighted by the pale female's presence, just the smell of her made the dark female's heart faster and faster.

These thoughts were interrupted by a scratching at the door, Soran smiled, she was slowly getting used to her new role within the pack. The Tribune was the wolf who was to see to all of their pack mate's needs, often she received a knock at the door from someone who wished to discuss a matter that was upsetting them, or something that they wanted to do or were excited about. The dark female felt that she was looking after her pack in this role and it delighted her. This knock came with a familiar voice as well though, a small voice asking for her mother, Soran knew that it was not Rain or Kiwi, which left Blind, yes it was the young girl who she had grown to feel so motherly about. It seemed that the dark wolf felt the same way about the ebony female. The Tribune knew who she was before she spoke her name and a smile came to her lips. The sable female padded over to the door, opening it carefully, adjusting her injured arm in the sling as she did so.
"Hello, hello darling! What a lovely surprise. Come in little one, do come in." The sable female said with a wide grin, beckoning her adopted daughter into her room with a wide smile. As she padded in the dark pelted female closed the door behind her. She turned and smiled at the younger girl.
"How are you dear? What brings you here today?" Soran said with a wide smile.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
[/html]
[html]

Hehe blast. Well, I always have been too predictable. Sorry this is so short, too. I didn't know what else to say and then found that I had unintentionally portrayed BOTH mine and Blind's excitement Tongue

Blind's determination immediately turned to concern at the sight of Soran's arm. She hadn't known the old female was hurt, and if she had, she probably would've insisted her company upon her adoptive mother in order to make sure she healed properly.

She circled Soran, keeping her eyes on the piece of cloth that held up her mother's arm. She had never seen a dressing like it, and it only took a moment of puzzling before she realized what it was for.

Is it broken? she asked, finally ceasing her circling and facing Soran. She took a quick sniff, and the scent of stale blood greeted her nostrils. No, she corrected, it's a puncture wound. She smiled a little, proud of her attentiveness. She then realized that her pride might be mistaken for pleasure at her mother's pain, and she quickly exchanged her egotism for a look of dismay.

Suddenly the thought of blood shifted Blind's attention back to her prior intent. Not waiting for Soran's answer to her question, the young wolf's ears perked as she announced, I'm ready for the change!

<style type="text/css">
.blackblind b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeeba7; letter-spacing:1px;}
.blackblind .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.blackblind p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blackblind {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#212327; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/14wq61j.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:45px; padding: 450px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da7ba; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this my dear! And I'm excited as well Big Grin

The sable mother smiled as the younger girl padded into the room, the tall ebony wolf had not seen her adoptive daughter for a while and she had to admit she had been a little concerned about her, after all there had been some brutal battles since the females had last met; and although the sable mother had not seen Blind on the battlefield it did not mean that she was not there. Soran was glad to see the young female was alive and well, though she could not say the same for herself, her arm was aching a little again, the damaged muscle would take some time to heal and it was doing it very slowly. The young female's face seemed to change as she saw Soran's bandaged arm, it was the same look that Rain, Kiwi and indeed Soran's mate Deuce had given her when they had seen it, a look that suggested that the sable Tribune was going to be inundated with offers of help and loved ones fussing over her. Not that she minded this of course, although the dark female was a very independent soul; she was a great grandmother after all,one had to learn independence at some point, but she was happy for the help, with her injured arm there was a lot that she could not quite do alone. The girl asked her if the arm was broken and Soran shook her head, she was about to explain about the knife wound and how she had gotten it when the young female corrected herself, clearly she had smelt the old blood on the bandages. It seemed that the young female had a good sense of smell, for saying that it was a puncture wound was indeed correct. The sable female smiled at the young girl and moved to sit down on the edge of the bed, watching the young female.
"Yes, it's a puncture wound, I had a fight with one of the Aniwayan guardians, he was trying to kidnap my great granddaughter, Robin, I could not allow that and I went to defend her. I was stabbed in the ensuing fight, I am alright though, the muscle is damaged but it will heal." The ebony pelted female replied softly, smiling down at the younger girl.

It seemed as though the dark Tribune's adopted daughter had a lot on her mind, she seemed unable to focus on one thing, Soran wondered why it was that she seemed so distracted, when all in one rush she found out why the young female had come here in such a distracted mood. So the young female felt that it was time for her to complete the change? She smiled at the young girl, it was a big decision to make, the young female had taken her time to think of what to do on the subject, she had thought on it for a long time and now it seemed that she was ready to finally make the change. The ebony pelted female was pleased that the young female had decided to take such a course of action, the girl had seemed fascinated by Luperci and seemed to be eager to change, to see her here now, excited and with her mind made up pleased Soran greatly.
"I see, you have taken a lot of time to think on it, you are quite sure now then?" The ebony lady asked, wanting to make sure that Blind was completely certain before she took the leap into having her blood changed, though the girl had taken a good amount of time to think about it, so Soran was sure that she would be ready.

<style type="text/css">
.sorangift b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.sorangift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sorangift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9a9a8d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... oran-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 614
Table made by the wonderful Vannah <3
[/html]
[html]

Blind flicked her tail happily as she paced around Soran's room. She had indeed been thinking about the change a lot, and she had come to the conclusion that she wanted to be like everyone else in her pack - maybe then she would feel like she fit in? She so badly wanted to make friends in the pack, to have canines she could go hunting with and play with, and at the moment she felt like an outsider in her own home.

I'm ready Mom, she said, full of confidence. This is what I want to do. I want to be like you and the others.

She stopped her pacing long enough to turn toward Soran and smile, the excitement gleaming in her bi-colored eyes. Her tail wagged lazily, and every nerve in her body buzzed with anticipation. The fear of whether or not the change would hurt hardly registered in her frantic mind, for all she could think of was how different everything might be, particularly for the better. The excitement bubbled up until she found herself bouncing around on her feet - she could hardly contain herself.

Trotting over to her mother's bed and hopping up on the bouncy surface, she sat and curled her tail around her fidgeting legs. What first? she asked, grinning.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait on this! I have been uber busy and on scarce for the show :S

The sable mother could not deny that she had been eager to change Blind, there was something so wonderful about being a Luperci that one could not explain to someone who did not share the gift. Sometimes it was something that could be seen as a burden, but it provided a wolf with so many options, they were able to change forms at will, after a little practice and then complete tasks that had seemed impossible with four legs. To do this would open up a whiole new life for Blind, she would be able to learn how to read and write, to help fix the buildings, it would not only be good for her, but it would be good for the pack. It would also help the young dark female be safer within the lands, there had been times when non-Luperci had been forcibly changed against their will, Soran doubted that these practices still occurred but to know that the young female would be safe should they still happen would lift a worry from the sable Tribune's mind. With a smile she looked down at Blind, who called her mom once again, this small act warmed the dark female's heart no matter how often she heard it, she wondered if the young dark girl was aware of that. She seemed so confident about what she wanted and that pleased Soran as well, this was not something to be taken lightly, it would be a shock to her system and quite a confusing time for a while, she did not want the young girl to rush in and regret a headstrong action later on in life. But it seemed that the young girl with the bi-coloured eyes had made up her mind and that was fine by her dark mother. She could not help but allow a smile to cross her dark lips as she looked down at the young girl, this would make them even closer, she already saw the brown female as a daughter, but this would mean that they would be bonded by blood as well, not just by a maternal bond that had seemed to blossom all of a sudden. This way they would always carry a little of the other around with them, it would be something that would tie them together; it would make Blind even more important to the dreamer's Tribune.
Very well then little one, I promised that I would change you should you ever ask me and I shall not go back on that now. Soran replied, a smile playing across her jet black lips as she spoke.

She smiled as the girl hopped onto her bed, it seemed that the young female was far more at home now than she had been when they had first met. Soran could only see this as a good thing, after all these lands were incredibly dear to her own heart, she wanted everyone to feel the same way, she wanted everyone to feel at home in her own home. She smiled aty the young girl as she spoke again, asking how they were going to go about this process. Soran had already explained it briefly to the girl, saying that there might be some pain as it required an exchange of blood and not a small one either, it would require a proper exchange of blood for this to be completed properly. The dark female turned to the girl.
We shall have to use my knife I am afraid, the change requires an exchange of blood, the knife is good and sharp so with any luck it will not be too painful, although it may hurt a little. She replied, turning away from the girl again and reaching up to one of her shelves, plucking the knife's holster from it with ease, she rested the leather covered blade across her palm and turned back to Blind.
Shall I cut myself first or would you prefer I start with you? She asked tentatively, hoping that the young girl would not see this act as being too barbaric.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug42 b {font-weight:bold; color:#deb6ba; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #ac5159; }
.freebaug42 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug42 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c58891; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Zyd8h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #520e0e; padding: 200px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#520e0e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug42 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug42 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
WC: 683
Table made by Alli/Anu Big Grin

[/html]
[html]

No worries dear! Take your time Smile

The she-wolf swallowed hard as she watched Soran retrieve a knife from one of the wooden planks that lined her room. Her heart sped its pace, and for a moment she thought she might run. But then, puffing out her furry chest, she swished her tail confidently and sat up. She wouldn't run anymore; she was going to be a whole new wolf.

Clearing her throat and collecting her thoughts, Blind responded to Soran's question coolly: Whichever you feel is best. To her, it didn't really matter who went first as long as it was over quickly. She didn't know much about the transformation, but she did know that - when it came to blood transfers at least - it wouldn't be just a prick on the paw. Leaping down from Soran's bed, she trotted to her mother's side and sat again, her fur bristling with tension. Negative thoughts clouded her mind, and she fought harder than ever to keep them away. This will be an adventure, she mused, just like I wanted when I was a child. It will be fun. This is the worst part.

Looking up at Soran with her bi-colored eyes, she smiled sheepishly and let her tail sway just a bit. She was ready, but that didn't ease her nerves any. She was nothing more than a pup when it came to pain, and it didn't help that she was squeamish around a lot of blood, too. She could hunt just fine, because she had it down to an art where she would take what she wanted and leave the rest to the birds. But there was a reason she wasn't a warrior.

Finally, taking a deep breath and letting it all out almost immediately, she closed her eyes and lowered her head - she was trying to clear her mind. Then, as if a new being possessed the she-wolf's body, she lifted her snout valiantly and announced, I need this change. Go for it.

<style type="text/css">
.blindlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#84c1a5; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#856c71 0px 0px 1px; font-family:palatino linotype, sans-serif; font-size:13px;}
.blindlight p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.blindlight .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right; font-family:verdana;}
.blindlight {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/mlnhg.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#856c71; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]