Trouble you for Sugar
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 600 Words. Dated to Nov. 13th after her absence from Ichika.

To resist was to continue denying the part of herself that knew this stationary life was a lie. It was starting to look more like a futile attempt than a successful venture. Her trip with Jaden had only proved one thing and one thing alone; she was a slave to the wild. Returning to civilization was more of a heartbreak than a welcome reunion. Even though she cherished the new family she had come to care for, the Nomad still felt torn. It was becoming too painful to ignore it, as were her obligations to Ichika. She was a loyal woman to a fault, even if it meant going against her own wants. It shouldn't have been this difficult, but somehow she had made it this way for herself. So, upon returning to Ichika, this new found home, she elected a compromise to sate her conflicting heart.

She moved.

It was a simple solution, really. One she felt would satisfy both her wants and obligations without treading disloyal ground to both sides of herself. She collected her trophies; the tails of animals from her kills and the hides of several deer, and carried them to Wentworth. She did not worry about her flying companion, for he was ever watchful. She had faith the bird would find her and take shelter with her as he always did. From an outsider's view, no doubt this would have looked like an obscene melodrama, but in the woman's defense this action brought her great ease and comfort. Along the border of Ichika into Wentworth she would make her new home and keep it. The depths of her new homeland would always be within arm's reach and the threshold into the wild would remain at her doorstep. A simple den would do her fine, just as she had constructed in the Phoenix Forest, and perhaps in time, she would take the initiative to expand it and make it into a proper home. For now, a burrow of earth and mud would do.

She trudged along with her possessions in tow, the carcasses donned over her head and back as she walked in Optime form, her tails and furred shoulder clutched to her chest. She kept her balance despite the weight pulling her down and showed considerable pride for her ability to do so. It was not even a month ago she was having difficulty balancing on her two legs, and now her muscle memory served its purpose. She smiled in thought.

There was no pre-marked place for her to settle as she had decided to stop where it felt right. Perhaps not the smartest move, but a more fulfilling one for the Nomad. Yet had she scouted ahead instead of this 'on a whim' decision, she would have noticed there was an occupant that had made the Wentworth their home. Strange aromas seemed to emanate from this approaching thick of the land. Her nose wrinkled uncomfortably trying to discern a direction as she came to a pause. Curiosity restarted her steps toward the assumed direction of the strange smells, her treasures still secure around her frame. Someone must have lived out here, she assumed. Why she hadn't noticed before was beyond her.

Sure enough she came to a small clearing housed by a quaint looking abode. Just a hut nestled within Nature made from its riches. The woman's brow peaked with intrigue, her curious nature surging forward and bid her to speak to this house of Nature. "Hello?" she voiced softly, almost howling then tried once more, this time with more certainty. "Hello there?"

[/html]
[html]

The little hut on the river had not been crafted with insulation; moss, reeds and branches made up the entirety of its walls, and in no ways was the makeshift home anywhere close to something permanent, as more often than not the wind would tip it over. Razekiel had been awoken in the night more than once by the walls crumbling in on him, not that it hurt. He would only chuckle and rearrange the walls, and knew someday he would manage to position them in a way that they would stand up more securely. The Seiryu knew well that that day would not come until he rearranged his hut in a clear state of mind. That day would not be anytime soon, if the coyote knew himself well enough.

The crackling of the campfire outside his hut had been reduced to still-warm, glowing embers sometime before. He would build another by nightfall, but for now the coyote had decided the weather still warm enough to recline without the flame's aid. That said, Razekiel had set to dozing, sprawled on his back across the many colorful mats over the dirt floor; he did not meet sleep completely, and the incoming voice that pried into this mind was quick to stir him.

"Hello, hello," he said, sitting up lazily and crawling out into the daylight, "hello, hello, hello!" The Seiryu stretched his back and arms ceremoniously, releasing a wide-mouthed yawn before scratching his ass and smiling sheepishly at the much-welcomed intruder.

"Ah, you were one of the Samhain dancers," the red-masked hippie said. "Such lovely art you made, love. What brings you to ol' Razekiel's hut, man?"

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 375 Words. Dated to Nov. 13th after her absence from Ichika.

Her ears danced to the movement inside the hut, capturing the subtle shift of weight from within, confirming it was inhabited at that moment. She let her greeting hang in the air, allowing her gaze to fully wander the extent of the quaint enclosure. Near where she stood was the remnants of a fire, the tinder nothing more than a smoldering pile still clinging to life before it inevitably faded. Her nose quivered at the smell, then her attention was abruptly taken by movement at the front of the hut again.

The repeated greeting of a groggy voice took the woman by surprise, but not as much as seeing the narrow muzzle of its inhabitant emerge. Her ears perked in surprise and tail habitually gave a wave of greeting. Her disposition had obviously improved since her trip across the lands. She smiled politely, dipping her head in acknowledgement to the strange looking creature; his body obviously not all wolf, but composed with another kindred creature to provide his unique and comical appearance. He regarded her as a dancer of the Samhain event, earning a somewhat bashful smile and further dip of her head. Consequently her rebellious tresses again covered her eyes, and with no hands free to brush the bangs back, she was standing blind and smiling sheepishly. "If you enjoyed my dancing, I assure you my steps are better when I haven't had wine," she chuckled softly attempting in vain to toss the hair from her amber eyes. "But it was nothing in comparison to your act, friend. I thoroughly enjoyed it."

At last the fight with her mane was more than she could bare and reluctantly, she placed her possessions on the ground at her feet. Swiftly as she rose, she at last combed the locks from her eyes giving her an unobstructed look at her would-be neighbor. "Razekiel. It is a pleasure to know your name at last. I am X'yrin, Exultare to...well, I suppose now I am a warrior of Ichika no Ho-en." Her smile broadened with pride but remained humbly small. "I was in the process of relocating and I found your home. I hadn't meant to intrude... but I was curious. I hope you don't mind."

[/html]
[html]

A little PP, hope it's okay! I couldn't resist Raz being his own brand of weirdo gentleman 'cause he's so cute. @_@ Also, this got long. Raz is so much chattier than Jefferson >_>

She seemed charming enough, gifted with beauty in both demeanor and appearance. Time and time again she seemed to struggle with her long, flowing locks; the prince could not suppress an increasingly widening smile, innocent and delighted. Her every movement reminded him of the swiftness of the Earthmother, how her winds brushed so sweetly over the lands — but all women were such crafts of beauty, and Razekiel playfully envied them each in his mind for having been so doted upon by Mother Earth.

"I would like to see you prove that claim someday, firefly," he chuckled, and shrugged off the compliment sent his way. "Ichika's not all about sitting around being all prayerful or planting trees, man. There's nothing greater than smoking a few and just letting loose sometimes, yeah?"

"Here," he said, once she finally piled her things on the ground and began raking her hair into some sort of controlled mass. Razekiel carefully pulled the many-colored cloth that served as a headband from his copper locks, being sure to collect the small number of joints that curiously fell out of it as if was lifted from his head. Tucking them into a pocket and wiggling the still-smoking one between his teeth, the coyote stepped in close and looped his arms around her shoulders. Moving the joint to the side of his mouth to keep from blowing it into her eyes and nose, the coyote tied the long fabric around her hair as she held it and secured a ponytail. "A temporary solution," he said, laying his hands on her shoulders a moment and winking before drawing back and setting himself down before the now-extinguished campfire.

"Real cherry to meet you, X'yrin, a pleasure," he smiled, motioning for her to sit if she desired. "No intrusions here, man, no worries. Old Razzy's got an open-door policy, yeah? Could use some neighbors, man, but you gotta watch out for Lark. Big blue-gray stallion, man. Little protective, so he might give you some trouble, but he's a real softie at heart, real groovy guy once you get to know him."

Relishing a a pause in the air, the prince blew a few smoke circles into the air and tapped ash from his joint. "Hope you know how to brave the Earthmother hibernation, man," he said, enigmatic in speech as always. "The cold's real brutal up here come winter; I got lost in these mountains last year, had to wait out half the season in a cave with some buddies. You think you can handle it?" He glanced from side to side, then collected the acoustic guitar that leaned on the tree beside him and began to strum it idly in his lap. "This old man loves campfires, firefly. You're always welcome to come chill and warm up."

<style>
.razboatsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razboatscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razboats p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razboats b {color:#883E4A; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #B93B45; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razboats {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.razboatsinner{background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; border:1px solid #883E4A; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Thanks for that! I've been meaning to give her the idea of a headband. That was so perfect you genius, you! Big Grin 457 Words. Dated to Nov. 13th.

The distracting locks were becoming a nuisance as she struggled to tame them. But a crafty solution was soon found. The woman held her hair back as the smoking coyote brought his arms around her head, after his odd looking (and smelly) rolls were stashed away. She wasn't put off by this sudden invasion of personal space, for the male looked and felt harmless. As if in the presence of a sibling, she felt strangely at ease. And with his scent drenched of the Ichikan land, she was assured there was nothing to fear of him.

Her rebellious locks now securely fashioned, she smiled wagging her tail in thanks. "Thank you. I suppose if I am to be your neighbor I'll have no reason not to return this." Motioned to sit, she took the invitation without complaint beside her pile, folding her legs beneath her to keep herself upright. Her host came to life in several breaths, advising the woman of what to expect as his neighbor, and the protective stallion that might impose. A horse hardly seemed like a threat to her soon-to-be home, but she did well to note it, nodding as she silently agreed to be watchful. Then as he spoke of winter, the Nomad's ears perked intently. Her captured tail beneath her heavy frame pulled itself free and swayed slowly, but excitedly. "I look forward to the winter," she confessed. "And perhaps we could share a fire together, as one neighbor to another." This idea of having a neighbor was growing more exciting as their conversation carried on.

"When I traveled with the Nomads, we cherished the winter, for it was a time when members of alike families...well, tasks, cast aside their family names and came together as a single family. We kept each other warm and shared stories with each other during the nights to lull us to sleep. It was one of the few times we would claim one spot of land and make it home for several months until the first thaw. We hunted and gathered together, making stock for the harsh months to come, but it was all in good spirits. Even if it was not our task, we took part and simply enjoyed being with our other brothers and sisters." Unknowingly, the woman sighed longingly recalling the bliss that stemmed from such bonding, the inevitable mating that followed and the birth of a new generation of Wandering Spirits. "For two winters I have not taken part of that," she continued, returning her gaze to her kind host. "As I traveled alone there was no family to settle and share with. But I hope this season I can regain that familiar bond with my new family."

[/html]
[html]

The proximity between them didn't seem to intimidate her, and at that he smiled and relished the added comfort in his heart. Ichika was home to too many anxious beings, and Razekiel considered it some kind of personal mission to pull them out of their shells at least a little, one-by-one. At least X'yrin seemed to be one less.

She joined him without hesitation, adding in an invitation for the two to spend added time together. He smiled peacefully as his fingers strummed on. I wouldn't mind that in the least, man, he said. To spend time with so many of the Mother's most blessed and beautiful would be a real righteous honor, man. You come on over to ol' Razzy's pad whenever you feel the groove, yeah? I start a real mean campfire.

Sounds like the Aube de Musique folk, he grinned when she finished her story, offering a small shrug. Met them in these mountains last winter when I got lost, ended up staying with them a good five or six months. Real tight crowd, man, really knew how to live as a family. I hoped Ichika would learn the same.

Consider me family all you want, sugar, and I'll call you the same, he winked, twanging a quicker-paced melody on the acoustic.

<style type="text/css">
.razzy1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#46e652; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #c1e8c4; }
.razzy1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razzy1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/rt2szl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b9141; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.razzy1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.razzy1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: 516 words. Figured I'd close this out so it can be archived :]

The rhythm created by his dexterous fingers gliding across the strings was soothing to her ears. It had been a long time since she enjoyed another's music, especially the rhythmic beats made by the Exultare during their gatherings. They nowhere near rivaled the masterful Marecks when it came to song, but their beats were powerful, felt through the soul as they conducted the warriors in practice and dance. X'yrin was reminded of the beauty of it all with each strummed cord. Already, she adored having this free-spirited soul as her neighbor.

Unknowingly, she leaned in closer as he began speaking of the Nomad-like tribe. It would have been ignorant to think that only the Nomads traveled in bands across the lands, but hearing of another was astounding. Her ears bent forward, capturing every precious word. The idea of a family warmed her, her smile growing all the more brilliant. "I hope Ichika will become as strong of a family as the Nomads. So many like hearts brought together... it is truly warming. An extension of my family." She felt her excitement brimming, nearly toppling her over before she leaned back and again rooted herself to the ground. She placed a paw atop her head, reverting momentarily back to the nomadic sign of apology. But as quickly as she felt the wash of embarrassment, it ebbed.

“I would gladly take you to heart as family," she lowered her paw to her chest, conveying her sincerity. "Our band had its individual families and their set craft, but as a whole we looked to each other as brother and sister. There, I would be the Exultare and you the talented Mareck, but at the end of the day-" her smiled broadened "-we were family to each other. A brother and sister not bound by blood. I hope to have a relationship with the others like this as well." And more if the fates were willing to make it so.

She enjoyed the company of this strange male shrouded by a comfortable yet mystical aura, but she felt by the receding day’s light it was time for her to continue on with her task. Certainly this would not be the last time they saw each other. They were now neighbors after all, and the thought only made the woman’s smile broaden. “It was a pleasure my friend,” she spoke softly as she pulled herself to stand and gather her furs. “I would like to come visit with you again once I have made another home for myself and settled in. Perhaps we can exchange stories under the firelight.” She wagged her lush tail fondly. “We will meet again,” she dipped her head with an assuring nod, parting with the words of farewell of her culture. A Nomad never said ‘goodbye’, simply that they would all meet again; either in this world on the next.

She signaled with a chipped call for her avian companion to again scout ahead for her to find a place to reside then followed his general direction, leaving her neighbor to the remainder of his day.

[/html]