What happened to you?
[html]
Orin Takekuro

:: 400+ ♥ Word Count ::
:: OOC Around lunch time. Thornbury. Orin in Optime. ::

Orin milled around Thornbury going about her typical daily chores. Normally it was up with the sun, visit Soraya the cow in the barn and tend to her needs first. The cow always required food first thing, and she would check to make sure she was warm enough. The weather was growing cold quickly, and each night was more ruthless than the last, so she constantly checked the clod colored bovine to ensure that she was warm and comfortable. Usually she would stop by the stalls of the other animals as well to check on them; give the chickens feed, look after the sheep, and occasionally bribe the horses. Sometimes the horses were the best part because most of the pack preferred to administer individual care to their steeds, so all she really had to do was pet, talk to, and give them treats. Not that she minded the tougher work of mucking the stalls and performing other tasks for the other livestock, but the horses were just fun.

She'd been through the morning routine and all too quickly was ushered into early noon. It was almost time for lunch, she'd been so busy tending the animals that she barely noticed her own hunger. A hand moved to her belly as she left Soraya's pen, locking the stall behind her. Soon she was gone from the stable and walking down the Thornbury street. Maybe Vernie the crazy cat lady had a snack ready today? Or perhaps she could find something else somewhere. She didn't really feel like going all the way back to the Treetop Terrace just for a light lunch.

That was when she realized she was walking the U-shaped block of Thornbury's shopping district. Off in the distance she caught sight of the well and it brought back a peculiar memory... the day she had met Shiloh. For some reason the memory caught her off guard and she took in a sharp breath. It felt like something was looming over her, and she looked over her shoulder to see the abandoned book store. That was the only time she had been back there since her return...

Orin shook her head, shaking off the dreadful feeling the bookstore gave her and forcing herself to think of better things. When she had left for her two week trip a month ago and said goobye to Shiloh she had hoped the woman would still be there when she got back. But, she wasn't. It was too bad... she hoped that wherever she was, she was safe.

<style type="text/css">
.orin-nameheartchain-header .ooc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; }
.orin-nameheartchain-header .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#472f59; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:500px;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header {margin:0px auto; width:500px; border:0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

.orin-heartchain b {font-weight:bold; color:#472f59; }
.orin-heartchain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orin-heartchain {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Orin_heartChain_top_2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Shiloh had pondered weather she should go back to d'Arte. She missed Orin greatly and after saying her good byes to her friends and family in AniWaya she decided to go back. Sarian was asleep, curled in her nap sack on Katelyn's back. She owed it to d'arte for saving her life and she owed it to Orin for making her feel less like a monster. She passed the boarder and howled for the woman.

What would she think of her now? She was a mother now, stronger. She had lost her at utter, her love for Sarian making it easier day by day for her to live. Kavi was excited to see Orin and Shiloh wondered what her other thought of the woman. She was finding it harder and harder to remember things. Things like Saxif and her love for her. She was finding it hard to remember everything that had brought her to d'Arte. But the nightmares persisted. Those Kavi couldn't erase. Shiloh dismounted by the boarders and waited for her friend.
[html]
Orin Takekuro

:: 300+ ♥ Word Count ::

It was funny how fate had a way of doing that. Almost as if she had sensed the train of Orin's thoughts, a howl cut through the air. It had a familiar lilt that perked Orin's curiosity and her head raised and ears swiveled in an effort to listen closer. She cocked her head, wondering. It couldn't be... but she was pretty sure it was. Hardly another breath passed and she was off, rushing through the street and into the forest. She jogged toward the voice hoping that she would be the first one to respond, to receive Shiloh back into d'Arte if that is truly who called.

The call had died down while Orin navigated through the woods, but the direction had been clear. Shiloh's siren cry had stopped but Orin was close enough now to hear the hoof falls of Katelyn, Shiloh's mare. She followed the sound and soon came to the path upon which the horse and rider traveled. Even though she knew from the voice, Orin was still astonished to see the scarred, gray wolf atop her loyal mount.

“Shiloh!” She cried as she emerged from the trees. Then, second guessing herself, her eyes searched the woman's face. Was she still split? Was this in fact Shiloh, or her protective alter ego Kavi coming back to the lands? She couldn't tell just yet, so she went with it. Kavi was a phenomenon that had happened to protect Shiloh, and it was unlikely (Orin assumed) that she would be offended that she thought it was Shiloh.

“You wouldn't believe... I was just thinking about you.” She came up next to the horse, peering up at the woman. “You've come back. I'm happy to see you. Where have you been hiding? Is Kavi still with you?"

<style type="text/css">
.orin-nameheartchain-header .ooc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; }
.orin-nameheartchain-header-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#472f59; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:500px;}
.orin-nameheartchain-header {margin:0px auto; width:500px; border:0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}

.orin-heartchain {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Orin_heartChain_top_2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px; padding: 2px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Shiloh hugged Orin warmly as she came up. Oh how she missed her. It was funny how Orin was the first to see her. "I have missed you so much Orin. Yes... Kavi is still here. I have someone here to meet you," she whispered softly. She gently touched Sarian's small head feeling her stur under her her gentle touch. "Ma.... where be? Who dat? she yawned nuzzling Shiloh's hand as the woman picked her up. "Baby girl we are safe. Sarian this is Orin. Orin this is my daughter Sarian. She is still really young but she understands you. Is there anywhere we can go inside? I don't want her to get sick," she said softly, holding Sarian close.

The pup batted her cross softly as Shiloh looked Orin over and smiled. She looked great and she wondered how her trip had been. She hoped to find out soon.
[html]
Orin Takekuro

:: 400 + ♥ Word Count ::

Orin returned the hug with great vigor, not yet noticing the extra visitor that accompanied Shiloh. She mentioned Kavi and that she was still with her, so Orin gave an extra squeeze for the other personality within the woman, wanting them both to know they were welcome. She didn't know if Kavi could always hear or see through Shiloh, but if she could she didn't want her to be left out. In some ways, Kavi was just as vulnerable as Shiloh, even though Kavi was supposed to be the stronger of the two, the protective one. “Hi, Kavi.”

Her golden eyes trailed after Shiloh's hand as she reached down and touched something. A bundle? An eyebrow raised as she looked at the furless, scarred hands that touched the thing. No... wait, not a thing. A pup! Orin's eyes widened in astonishment and she gasped softly. Without even thinking she quickly retraced the time. How long ago? Wait... No... There wasn't enough time. Not for Shiloh, not for this age. They had only last parted about six weeks ago. This wasn't Shiloh's pup... but...

No, looking at Shiloh's face Orin realized this was Shiloh's pup. If not of her body, of her soul. A smile pulled her muzzle tight as her eyes went back to the baby. She was young, small and frail. She was lucky to have Shiloh. “Oh my god, Shiloh! She's beautiful.” Orin knew the dangers of having a pup in the cold first hand. Her own children had almost frozen to death when she fled with them from Cercatori. The girls would probably be dead now had it not been for Tala, the angel in Phoenix Valley who had found them in the nick of time and took them to shelter.

Nodding quickly, Orin motioned for Shiloh to follow, and she led the woman and her mount into Thornbury. Shiloh would know the way but still Orin led them to the barn, the last place Orin and Shiloh had seen each other. It was the best place for now, the other animals body heat would make the stable a lot warmer, and there were clean blankets there. Orin knew – she'd just laundered them herself a few days ago.

“Why don't you put Katelyn in her old stall and give her a blanket. I'll pup sit!” She said eagerly, holding out her arms to take the child from Shiloh, a wide grin on her face. It had felt like ages since she last cradled a pup. “Hi Sarian. Does she like milk still? I have some fresh milk from Soraya we could heat over a pot for her.”

“So... how did you get her?”

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
[html]
new table. Gotta love it. PP of Orin playing with Sarian. Tell me if you want it changed Smile

Shiloh smiled at Orin's gently yet firm hug. She whispered her hello's to Kavi and Shiloh inwardly flinched. She wanted her other to be gone already, she had been rejected enough because of her. you don't actually mean that do you Shiloh. If it wasn't for me we would be dead and so would Sarian. You need me right now. A part of you will always need meKavi whispered in Shiloh's head as she reached for Sarain. Shiloh smiled at Orin's words and handed Sarian off to the pale woman as she took Katelyn's tether and pulled her to the stables. Orin knew how much Shiloh liked to be with her horse and knew that it was warmer in the barn.

“You know me too well Orin, I found her outside of that new pack you talked about before leaving here. I live there with a friend that has been helping me take care of her. Yes she hasn't been complely weened from milk and I haven't had a chance to feed her. She is my life Orin...” she said softly as Katelyn didn't object to a warm stall full of hay. Shiloh put a blanket over her and smiled at Orin, watching Sarian play with her hand.

“Ahh! Sarian bite! Play!,” the pup yelled at Orin playfully, swatting at her hand and pinning it when she could to bite and nibble on it. She was still young but her speech was getting better and Shiloh couldn't keep a smile off her face as Sarian swatted and growled in Orin's arms. She had hoped the pup liked Orin. Orin had a way of making even the most traumatized wolf, like Shiloh, feel more like a wolf and less like a monster. Shiloh loved her because she accepted both her and Kavi and now Sarian.

<style type="text/css">
.mendingshiloh b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 1px;}
.mendingshiloh .shiloh {color:#9900FF;}
.mendingshiloh .kavi {color:#330066;}
.mendingshiloh .sarian {color:#CC0000;}
.mendingshiloh .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.mendingshiloh p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.mendingshiloh {margin:0px auto; width:444px; background-color:#e7e2e1; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/ek21ys.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 390px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7f6348; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Orin Takekuro

:: 600+ ♥ Word Count ::
:: OOC Sorry for slowness, had a few mental health days. ::

Orin received the puppy happily, a look of admiration on her visage as she stared into the child's beautiful face. She was a squirmy, playful little thing, and Orin loved it. She turned the pup onto her back, settling her into the crook of her elbow with her legs sticking up while she playfully attacked her belly with her hand. Sarian giggled and like a good, spunky sport, caught Orin's hand several times with her teeth. She never bit too hard though, and Orin let her hold on and gnaw for a minute each time before pulling her hand away and starting over. “You're a hyper little thing, aren't you?” she said to Sarian. It reminded her of her pups. Oh, how dearly she missed her daughters when they were this little. It was too bad much of their youth had been spent on the run. Just when Orin missed most of these precious moments because she had been too busy watching for danger, and moving the pups along. Always moving, always running...

Orin shook her head gently, dashing the memory from her mind. She glanced at Shiloh, wondering if either of the women noticed her reverie. Sometimes there was a look in her eyes when she remembered such terrible things that gave her away. Someone like Shiloh, who had been through so much too, just might have noticed. She didn't want to give her a chance to say anything.

“She's lucky to have you. You're just the mother to give her the love she needs. Especially such a little handful like this girl.” She scratched Sarian behind the ears, a place she herself particularly liked getting a good rub and that was so hard to reach herself when in Lupus form.

“Oh! That reminds me,” she moved past the animal stalls and towards the hay bale where the chickens clucked away the afternoon. The hens were used to her and watched hopefully as she passed, waiting for feed to rain from the sky as it so often did when the animal tender was around. But this time she wasn't here to fatten the chickens.

She came to a crate and set Sarian down on the ground gently in the hay, assuming the pup might like to play with the hens for a moment and knowing they would do nothing but run from her. The crate's hinges protested as she opened it and then she pulled out a saddle pack. “I'd hoped you would still be here when I got back so I got you something. Didn't know if I was ever going to be able to give it to you.” She closed the crate and set the pack on the top, unbuckled it, and pulled out a thick fold of material. She turned back to Shiloh, showing it to her for a moment before grabbing the edges and letting the material unfold.

There, in her hands, was a black sheepskin cloak, lined on every edge with bear fur. It was much like the tan sheepskin cloak Orin wore when she worked, yet with trim like her pink dressy cloak. She had found them on the same trip and thought the color of this one would look wonderful with Shiloh's gray coat. With all her scarred, bare skin, the woman needed something to keep her warm.

“There's something more, too,” she draped the cloak over one arm while rummaging in the bag again. The next item she held up were a pair of leather gloves, lined at the cuff with the same fur trimming. “They're not an exact match, but it's close.” She looked at the garments and then to Shiloh, holding them out to her. “Do you like it?” Her brows pursed, worried that maybe she would think it was stupid.

<style type="text/css">

</style>
[/html]
Shiloh looked at the gifts and smiled at her friend before hugging her. "Thank you so much Orin. This means alot to me. I wouldn't have left the way I did but something came up and i couldn't stay. I really needed these. The weather is changing and i just don't have enough fur. I can also wrap Sarian in it. Come. Tell me of your travels. I have missed you so much Orin. I have found someone. He wants to be my mate... he loves me even when i told him of Kavi. I am so happy right now. I have family and people who love me. I have a daughter." she said as Sarian ran rather and Shiloh swooped to pick her up. She smled down at Sarian as she looked up a Orin.

Sarian had that look on her face that said it all. She wanted to play. She squirmed on her mothers arms for the ivory female that reminded her of her loved Kiara. She knew that the woman was different but she wanted to play. "Play? Orin play? Play with me? she asked reaching for the woman.