When you run, run to me
[html]
Giselle Smile

The male roamed slowly, his back straight and legs hugging the sides of the tall horse. The posture was natural for him, though it hadn't always been. Hawthorn's back had been a hard and awkward seat for the canine, but his muscles had the ability to mold. He strengthened in places, muscles stretched in others. With practice riding had become just as natural as walking, and even more natural then running in his lupus form. Alder took the stallion on every trip he made to his mother's pack, but it was not just the ride he was looking for. 'Thorn was his best friend and the two chatted back and forth in the vague language that was low-speech. It was about the weather, the way the earth had changed along the path under the season's hand, what one another made of a drifting scent.

But there was something along the border of the Dreaming packlands that made the masked male ask his friend to stop. The shire horse did so, snorting and shaking his head and neck. Happy to feast on the near by grasses. Alder turned concerned as he dismounted, brows almost crossing as he looked up into the tree. His ear had caught it first, the sorrowful cries. The tree was not tall, at least the first large boughs that reached out to him. The Marshal approached, hesitant and cautious. He could smell the creature, its scent was distinct and fresh. But its cried were so much louder then the scent.

Alder peered up, through the dead leaves and into the eyes of the matching blue irises of a wide gazing kitten.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 519. Wheeee, my first Alli thread! <3

As the days grew colder, Giselle began to notice the signs of frost on the edges of her window as she woke to greet the day. It was somewhat thrilling, to be able to enjoy a winter that wasn't always spent being kept indoors. The young woman could remember her first winter, a terrible one at that. Not simply because of the storms which would keep her locked up and away from the world, but it was the season her papa fell ill. Even when Elle learned her bit of magic in being able to stand on two legs, her first thought was to use it to help her papa even more.

Now, winter's breath was close at hand, and now Giselle only had herself and the Dreamers to look after. The coming of winter brought a wave of confusion over the dark haired femme, a mix of emotions both joyous and sad. With the sunlight streaming through her window, it begged the ivory princess for the outdoors, to wave off what remained of clear skies and beautiful flora. She decided to dress in her pale blue garment, and wondered when she would need to find or make a coat to see the coming of the cold. As the stoat crawled up along her shoulder and nuzzled the woman's white cheek, all thought of foreboding sadness melted away with a small, childish giggle. "I'm very thankful for you, Tux," she squeaked at the stoat, who chimed in agreement.

"Let's see what flowers there are left to pick. The Manor would be a lovely place with some more color~" Giselle snatched up her bag and swept out of the building, and a chill crept beneath her skin even as she felt the arms of the golden sun. Yet she was thrilled to still be able to be outside, come rain or shine, heat or cold, and so Giselle began to dance around the Dreamer land, stopping every so often to pick up earth's natural little treasures. She and the stoat conversed among each other until they noticed another upon horseback, in the distance. "Oh," she said to herself in initial reaction of noticing the stranger.

What was stranger than the new male itself was his movements, or lack thereof. From what Giselle could see behind the trees, he stood there looking up at a particular tree, as if something interesting loomed up there. Curious, the young woman inched closer, noting the scent of the other that was not from the lands, but it was not the AniWayan's scent either. Dainty hands trembled all the same, however, yet his scent was still familiar as Elle glanced around the tree she hid her form behind to take a better look at the male. Giselle gasped aloud, and her hands flew to her lips as soon as the sharp sound was made. Powder blue eyes danced on the others' face, finding a natural bandit mask wrapped around his studious eyes. "H-hello there." Her voice shook as she appeared fully behind the tree trunk, knowing her sounds had to have given her away beforehand.

<style>
.txtsparkle .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.txtsparkle p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px;text-indent:25px;}
.txtsparkle b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.txtsparkle .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.txtsparkle{background-color:transparent; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/rbbOA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; }
.txtsparkle .inner {margin:0px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:none; border:0px solid #9aada6;padding:40px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
yay! & your writing is lovely!

It's small triangle ears pointed out from its round face, pink mouth exposed as it gave him it's small squeaking meow. Alder felt his hand rest on his chest, the other holding a near by branch. It was precious, the small creature giving it's very best effort in calling out to the wolf. Who could have let it here? He wondered. Alder's questions were endless, running through his mind one right after the other. The feline looked down on him, studying the Marshal just as the tall canine studied it. But why? Fingers curled against his hand, raking softly across the sandy he of his breast as if he hoped to grasp the understanding he desired.

A voice came to him, instinctively he turned brown ears to meet the musical greeting. Alder was surprised, at her mere presence as well as the sight of the female. She wore a flowing gown, bluer then even a still lake's clean waters. Hello. He spoke, his deep voice easily over shadowing her meek and hesitant call. Alder looked to the ground, reigning in his baritone vocals and continuing to explain himself. I was on my way to visit mother, and I found this cat. He spoke a bit quieter. It of course was no cat, hardly a weened kitten if that. The large wolf backed away from the tree, hand still resting against his heart.

If she wished to look she could.

[/html]
[html]

What does the cat look like? I left its description out because I wasn't sure x_x;

A multitude of questions arose in the ivory femme's mind, brows furrowing as she attempted to put together his reasons for being on the Dreamer lands before asking. His markings were strange enough, but Giselle had to be defensive even though the male before her took a non-threatening stance. He did not seem wicked, though the bandit mask was somewhat alarming, and the horse was as beautiful as the night sky. Slowly she inched further away from the safety of the tree, coming into the dappled light. Whatever reasons the male was there, Giselle would be courteous as she was curious. The female smiled at his greeting, and nearly spoke until he continued, as if reading the Lictor's mind.

"Your mother~?" She inquired, curiosity growing with each moment. Her attention went towards the object in question, however, and the young woman's eyes followed the others' gaze up into the tree. It mewed softly to gain attention, and only then did Giselle notice the small kitten, and suddenly all other questions of who this man was and where he came from were forgotten. "Oh my!" Her hands flew up to her face as she exclaimed aloud, the kitten tiny in between a plethora of dying autumn foliage. "Oh, the poor thing. We must do something~" Powder blue eyes stirred as they fell back on the man with the raccoon mask. "Could you please get it down?" Sky colored orbs pleaded with the stranger, worrying for the kitten's safety if it were to fall from such a height.

<style>
.txtsparkle .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.txtsparkle b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.txtsparkle .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.txtsparkle{background-color:transparent; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/rbbOA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; }
.txtsparkle .inner {margin:0px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:none; border:0px solid #9aada6;padding:40px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
here is a picture! He has blue eyes now, because he's a baby baby... so sorry for the wait, i should be faster now <3

Anu. He answered, feeling a bit dense that he had almost expected that she knew that his mother was the second in command of the Dreaming world. Though his mother was part of the matriarchal leadership of the pack he was of the Court, and he was a guest and a stranger. Alder chided himself silently to be more forthcoming with explaining himself to those that belonged to the ranks of Crimson Dreams.

But for the moment there was something very much more pertinent that needed their attention. Alder's hand fell from his chest as she spoke, but he felt more sadden by her reaction. The shock was certainly contagious. She looked to him, asking something of him that at first he was unsure he could do. Climb the tree? Adler held his breath as she placed this monstrous task on the man, but then he remembered he was just about as tall as the tree limb that that kitten sat on. The hickory tree's truck was thinner then the width of his chest, but Alder strode up to it with a determination that would be more rightfully matched against an opponent twice his size. Face was like stone, firm on the fact that he would indeed save this small beast, even if it meant his demise.

Strong arms toned from hours of hauling hay, water and grooming endless horse hides, reached up. Once hand grasped the low thick branch, and pulled himself up. A foot paw, with hard claws reached up to steady himself on the truck and give the boost that it took to meet the kitten at eye level.

Free hand grasped the small body, its legs wrapped around his wrist and hand with a clinging and clawed might. Alder winced at the small claws as they touched his skin. But despite the pain he needed to continue the mission, the well being of the kit his first priority.

He hopped down, and returned to the woman. Unknowing, and yet to try his tongue at the feline lowspeech, Alder asked the female. What kind do you think it is? A bobcat? Its claws felt as fierce as a wild bobcat. And he thought them a slight orange hue, but it seemed that white was it's dominant color.

[/html]
[html]

He's so fluffffyyyyyy~ WC: 524

The young woman's curiosity was quickly satiated as the answer arose, catching the woman by surprise. "Oh," came her initial response, one ear swiveling. "I haven't met her, yet, but I hear she's just lovely." The words had come from the heart, as was common from the young Fantasia woman. Her shoulders relaxed a bit more, knowing no son of a Dreamer would do any harm to her, or the lands she grew to love each day. The stoat, however, did not take his eyes off of the male for a second, not as easily trusting or gullible as his pale caretaker. His throat bubbled with a dull, but audible sound of warning to the stranger, but with Giselle's eyes trained on the helpless animal in the tree she merely waved aside the stoat's caution.

She watched carefully as the raccoon-faced male approached the tree, sizing it up as if they were two knights at war. Giselle held her breath as wavering eyes settled upon the kitten, ivory fingers curling into one another to show her signs of genuine concern. "Be careful." Words were but a shaky whisper, as if a louder tone would frighten the young helpless animal as much as the petite woman had herself over the ordeal. 'Elle felt her form begin to shake as she watched along the sidelines as the strong male leaped up and gently scooped the kitten from the tree, eyes shimmering with all the hope she could silently wish for.

The breath she held was instantly released as the male found himself on even ground again, with a furry bundle wrapped around his hand and wrist. As he approached, her own companion fell silent, though Giselle felt the shift in physical retraction from the male's proximity. She was focused on the small kitten though, and her once hopeful eyes melted into a tender look, powder blues filled with emotion as her heart went out to the seemingly frightened kitten. "He's adorable," she said, though she made no move to touch the young animal.

She glanced up to the male at his question, and shook her head. Auburn rivulets swung in the motion, before settling against her white cheek again. "Oh, no. Bobcats look much different than this one.. they have black tips on their ears and spots on their coat." Looking back down at the kitten, a warm smile matched the soft look in her light hued eyes. "This kitten is white, too.. I don't ever remember seeing a bobcat with a white coat." For a moment, her mind thought back on Element, the regular looking cat she met once, and she nodded once as she made the connection. "I believe this kitten is just a regular cat, like the talking one I met in Halifax." Giselle spoke as if the male would know whom she referred to, but whether he did or didn't mattered little to the pale princess. "Humans used to have them in their homes, sometimes, as pets." Several of her own books, she realized, contained regular house cats as well, and seemed to match the description of the white and orange animal.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]

Alder knew very little of the feline creatures, and he was glad that Giselle did. He looked down as she examined the little beast. Its claws retracted a bit on his arm, and he felt as if he could breathe again. What worried him was that it was a bobcat, and that it's mother would be after it soon enough. Alder was not one to fight, even if he was much larger then a bobcat. It would be unfortunate if the mother thought his intentions were malice ones, and direct her protectiveness towards him or Giselle.

But she calmed his fears, and spoke of the kitten's true heritage. She knew much more about the species of cat then he did, and when she spoke of the talking cat Alder nodded his head. Are you speaking about Element? I have met him too. He said eagerly. Element had been so kind to Alder, teaching him the basics of low-speech. He was so grateful for Element, that lesson had led him to his co-rank and now Alder could speak a horse dialect as well as just about any horse.

But why was he left? Alder asked with great concern. The white fluffy creature was so small, and to be all alone.. It was a great feat that he had survived this long without a protector. Alder touched the back of the kitten with a dark finger, petting it lightly. The triangle topped head turned to face the intruder and gave a loud cry. Alder pulled his other hand away quickly, startled. He's so small, but fierce all the same.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 420

Her soft eyes remained on the small cat, listening as the man breathed out when its small claws retracted from his skin. Tenderly, she reached out with a careful hand and stroked its head, ears flattening as it mewed sadly in response. Giselle's heart went out to the poor lonely animal, and briefly wondered where its mother was or why it left its kitten alone. Head snapped back up to the man when he recognized the housecat she mentioned, and smiled. "Oh! You know Element too, then?" Giselle was delighted that another knew of the talking cat, and did not instead look at her as if she had come out of a fairy tale book. "He's very smart. His library probably has all kinds of books about housecats," she mused.

'Elle paused briefly from petting and soothing the small kitten as the man breathed the question that had been troubling her mind as well. "I don't know. I wonder where the mother is.." It was clear to the young woman, and hopefully to Anu's son, that the small animal could not be left there by itself. "It needs milk, and soon," Giselle noted, eyes full of concern as they gazed up at the other male. Tux, perching dangerous on the edge of her shoulder, wriggled his nose at the small creature at the same time that it gave a sharp cry. Both the woman and her companion jumped back slightly. "Oh! He's so strong and brave for being so little~" As she admired the kitten, the stoat sounded out his jealousy from the attention the cat received. The dark haired woman giggled slightly in response and began to idly scratch under his white chin.

"He needs furs or blankets to stay warm in. I may have a spare back at the Manor." A cream colored finger gently stroked the small kitten's paw. "I don't think it's mother is coming back for him.." She whispered shakily, feeling the tears begin at the corners of her eyes as she looked around for any sign of another cat. Then she gasped, for in the recent string of events it occurred to the young woman that she had forgotten her pleasantries. "Oh my, I'm terribly sorry. My name's Giselle, and this is my friend Tux." The stoat squeaked once, his jealousy still evident, and she shook her head, defeated. "You'll have to take him home with you.. can you keep this kitten safe?" She inquired, watery eyes looking up into the man's cerulean ones.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]

Alder considered Element to be one of his good friends, though they had not crossed paths in quite some time. The male was not very good at staying connected with others. It was a hard task, when his responsibilities were to his pack and his family. He didn't think that ebony feline would think ill of him because of that, but Alder wished that he were able to reach out and visit Element. Yes, I do. He is very smart. Alder spoke, agreeing with the wolfess. Part of him wished that the cat was here to help them, he would know what to do.

Why was the world so cruel? Alder had never really understood that, nor had he realized that the world was an unfair and ruthless place no matter how honest one was. The kitten was innocent, and yet his mother had just decided to leave him... What kind of mother was that? Alder listened carefully as she spoke. Milk? Alder looked down at the kitten, he didn’t know what to do about the milk. Where do we get that? His stomach began to twist and turn slightly, worry filling him once again.

It wasn’t until the ferret like creature called out that Alder realized that he was even present on the wolfess’ shoulder. The weasel like beast seemed to watch the kitten intently. Its eyes made Alder hold the little feline a bit closer, and looked back to the pretty alabaster woman as she commented. Alder nodded at her introduction, a smile coming to his face. But the ferret creature, Tux, was not as kind.

Alder looked a bit shocked at her question. Him keep the creature?? He thought it over and was a bit unsure if he could keep it alive, or even handle the pressure of caring for him. Oh, he said with a bit of an exclamation. I don’t know, he really needs a mother. A female to care for him like a mother truly could. But the way her companion looked at the white and orange fluffy runt made Alder feel protective and yearn to keep the little beast close. Blue eyes looked down, the little kitten even reacted to the other small animal. His ears were lain flat on his head and he gave a throaty growl.

I will try. He concluded, all he could really do was try.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 398.

The woman's thoughts seemed to cast a blank expression over her face, wishing as the masked male had for Element's presence just then. If anyone could take care of a kitten, it was him. Eyes locked with the other male's as a question left his lips, offering a slight smile in hopes of easing his worries - and her own. "Well, cows make them. Oh, but I don't know where the nearest one could be~" Giselle raised her head up and looked beyond the trees that engulfed them, as if wishing for a bovine to appear from them. A breeze began to shake the dying leaves from their stiff branches, as a few more danced their way down to the earth. Biting her lip, she shook her head in defeat, shoulders visibly slumping on her delicate frame.

Giselle's fingers made to reach out to pet the soft kitten again, but they curled into her palm as the man slightly withdrew the animal in protection. The Lictor had not noticed the masked male's shock at her suggestion to keep the animal, too focused on the sudden reaction that he - and even the kitten - gave to her small and jealous companion. "Oh, you must try~" Her voice was insistent, powder blue eyes pleading into cerulean ones. "I would, but.." 'Elle paused and looked at Tux, who had turned his head away from the scene after hearing the kitten's reaction. A caring hand was raised to stroke under his exposed neck. "But I have an animal friend of my own already." She squeaked in low speech, watching the stoat's rounded ears twitch as he listened. He responded with a single agreement of his own, but his body seemed less tense knowing he would not be overshadowed by another animal.

Turning her attention back towards the male, Giselle nodded as if making up her mind about her former statement. "I think you'd make a wonderful mother for him," she said. "Oh, but I'll help you the best that I can, sir.." She said, removing the hand that stroked the stoat's throat and gingerly laid her fingers on his forearm. Just as quickly, though, snow white fingers retracted, though her compassionate smile remained. Turning her head towards the horse, who was seemingly forgotten over the kitten commotion, she nodded over to the large black beast. "Is he yours? He's very beautiful."

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]feel free to PP Hawthorn Smile

He was curious to know what it would take to save the small kitten. Even as they simply stood, Alder’s paws on the ground and the cat’s body within his arms, Alder was growing even more attached. The small creature needed him, and since Giselle could not keep him there was no one else that could be the cat’s protector. Alder wondered aloud, The Court has sheep, would they be able to give milk? He did not know if there was a cow among the livestock of the Court, but he had noticed a sheep or two among the animals. He focused mainly on the horses.

Alder could understand her situation and though Alder was growing close to the cat there was some fear that still resided within him. He knew what it took to feed a burly beast such as his Shire bred horse. But this wee thing was so tiny and needed much gentler care. He listened as he pet the cat and recognized the lower speech she spoke… It was rare to find another that new the tongue.

Though he was distracted from questioning her about it, and the man nodded when she spoke and replied with, I will, he’ll come home with me. He confirmed, unsure if he could even let the kitten go now that he had formed the bond and decided that he would be the kitten’s new mother as Giselle described it. He felt a small flush of a blush rise in his cheeks as she complimented him, giving him praise and a bit of confidence. He hoped he would not fail. Such a thing was far from an option anyways, it would mean the death of the new life and Alder could not bare the thought.

His eyes were lowered to the white and orange kitten when she spoke of Hawthorn. Raising his gaze Alder nodded, Yes, he is. His name is Hawthorn. Alder called to him, low speech rolling off his tongue in a horse dialect. The black stallion moved closer, feeling as if he had finally been released from his place and able to meet all the new faces. The stallion was one to beg for attention and could not pass up meeting the white wolfess. His large nose reach out for a gentle greeting. I hope they get along. Alder spoke with a soft smile, secretly knowing that the horse would be smitten by the little beast, as he was with just about everyone he met.

[/html]