Two Steps Behind
[html]
Weird post, but open for anyone for Wannabe Pirate. Short posts are good, too.
_____ There were a lot of things that Vegetarian Shark just couldn’t explain. His life seemed to have such unexpected twist and turns almost constantly, yet he had learned to adapt to that in some ways. From his first days of life to now, there was such a difference that it was astounding. He should have died as a pup, but he had gotten lucky. Sometimes he wondered if all the twists and turns was his reparation for keeping his life.

_____ When he had found out that Phoenix and Iskata were mates and having puppies, Vegetarian Shark didn’t think that he had gotten over her yet. Thankfully he had Dierdre, whom he came to realize was the rightful owner of his heart. Things seemed to finally be dying down when the news came that Firefly was missing. It wasn’t his offspring, but Vegetarian Shark felt just as heartbroken as her parent’s were. In the back of his mind he wondered if this was a sign – some sort of signal telling him that this is what he really wanted… pups of his own. Why would he feel so attached then to the ones that weren’t his? It was the only reasonable explanation. But he just couldn’t figure it out. His feelings seemed so jumbled lately that even he couldn’t predict what he was going to do next. It seemed almost as if he had become mercurial. It felt almost as if he had lost control.

_____ But Dierdre kept him grounded, and he thanked the stars every night for that. What would he do without her? He didn’t have a clue…

[/html]
[html]

It was odd how things seemed to turn out, especially in her own life. Stretches of good luck, happiness, and then extreme bad luck would suddenly bring everything crashing down. What all had she lost? Six children, two adopted children, countless friends, three lovers, and even a whole pack. Of course, life was suddenly looking up what with the sudden return of the father of her latest children, he who had been washed away by the ocean. Despite the happiness that his return brought, Wannabe Pirate couldn't help but feel suddenly nervous, wondering just when everything might come crashing down again. Little did she know, it would be the arrival of the newest male to bring her life to a sudden halt once more.

She'd only just returned from her visit to the Land of Wuffluvers and the Mountain Pack, where she'd gone to discuss what had happened with Skoll so long ago, and the raven woman was even more unsettled now than she had been before. It was hard to feel as if ones 127.0.0.1 might be in danger but wonder if one was doing the right thing to try and keep it safe. Was there a hint of revenge in Skolls head that might lead him back to the land of the coyotes? Gabriel had warned her that if Skoll neared they would dispatch him, even if it meant coming to the Place of Lightning and Thunder to do so.

Four paws moved slowly, uneasily, as she made the trek back across the borders of her pack lands, though she was soon to be greeted by the scent of one of their members. It was a scent she knew well, though only because it stuck within the lands like glue. She knew him, though, or would realize it once he spoke his name to her, she'd been told about him before. "Hello." She said politely, slowing her pace some as she neared. The onyx lady hadn't met many of the Place of Lightning and Thunder's members in the time that she'd been there, which was an awful thing, to say the least.

[/html]
[html]

_____ Now that he and Dierdre really did have something between them he knew he should comport himself with love and respect for her (which was nothing new). But he knew there had to be something more, wasn’t there? This whole thing was completely new to him and he just wanted to make sure he kept her as happy as she made him. He just wasn’t sure if there was more he needed to do.

_____As Wannabe Pirate crossed over the borders and happened to make her way by him, squirrel boy instantly knew the scent without having to look. Though he knew fully well who she was, Vegetarian Shark hadn’t yet been formally introduced with the pack’s gamma nor gotten to speak with her one on one. It was strange, but he didn’t feel as if he even knew one of the more respectable members of the pack.

_____"Good evenin’," he replied, though he cast a glance to the sky to make sure his greeting was accurate. Had he really lost track of time? He looked back to the onyx lady and offered a thin smile. "How are you, Wannabe Pirate," he asked for a lack of better words.

[/html]
[html]

There was an ashamed sort of look that had quickly taken over her face in that moment. The creamy white male in front of her had spoken her name as if he knew her and sure, Wannabe Pirate knew that they'd heard her name spoken at their pack meeting previous to her arrival, but she really hadn't been expecting to be spotted so easily. She'd been a hermit the whole span of her membership in the Place of Lightning and Thunder thus far and these were the consequences of it. The raven woman had already been feeling bad about it, how she'd pulled herself away from everyone that she was supposed to be there for, they were still strangers, and now Wannabe Pirate was a stranger in her own 127.0.0.1 because of it.

"Well, I suppose." She offered as an answer, sighing quietly and pressing her ears back just a bit. "Aside from being unsure of who you are, that is." She hoped that he wouldn't feel bad about it, she already felt bad enough. Of course, a new resolve was suddenly made. The coal colored lady seated herself suddenly, tucking her rear end beneath her until it sat firmly on the ground. Wannabe Pirate wouldn't allow herself to leave before she at least learned a little bit of something about her pack mate. It was the least she could do, wasn't it? "I've been here a while but I haven't been out much, not as much as I should be." She was unsure whether Phoenix had told them of the circumstances that surrounded her, that she'd lost her whole family and her pack in the span of a mere two days, but that really wasn't an excuse, was it?

[/html]
[html]

_____The frown that yearned to appear was fought off as a slightly disheartened, yet understanding look curled on his lips. He would be lying if he wasn’t at all sad to hear that she wasn’t sure who he was, but previous circumstances prevented her from truly knowing. He couldn’t blame her because neither or them had fought to learn more about each other. Truth was, _Pilot didn’t know much more about her. The only reason why he knew her name and not vice versa was perhaps attributed solely to the fact that she was higher ranking them he.

_____Not that rank really affected how he viewed anyone anyways. "No worries. Allow me to introduce myself, then. _Pilot Haddon." Without being in his Optime form, offering a hand was rather hard to accomplish. Instead he offered a thin smile and hoped it would suffice. "And other than knowing you last name aside from your first, I’m not sure I know much more about you either." He wanted to know each and every member of _Storm on a more personal basis, so he could extirpate the old ways of simply being acquainted.

[/html]
[html]

At the sound of his name the raven woman perked up just a bit, the smile on her face growing more than it had been before. "Vegetarian Shark." She said, almost as if she'd known him for quite some time. "Phoenix told me a bit about you when I first came here, actually, I think I recall seeing you in their den when the pups were born, now that I think about it." She could have been wrong though, she'd spent most of her time with her attention of the new family that she could have been mistaken. It was to late now though, she supposed, and she hadn't known his name back then so it was likely she wouldn't have been able to figure out who he was anyways. There was now a chance to get past that though.

"I was Omega of Syemv before I came here. Every one of them seemed to wander away, those who were still around headed this way just as the few from Aremys did. Dierdre is still here, I can tell, but I've yet to find a strong scent that might lead me to Queen Emo." Physe, she left out of it, having already heard the news of his passing. Her attempt to offer a bit more information about herself had only led to babble about things that probably didn't matter at that moment. She could find them both, she was certain. "You're the one with the thing for animals which are friends, not food, right?" There was an awkward sort of smile with her words, still a bit unclear about the whole story.

[/html]
[html]

_____Dierdre. The mention of her name was enough just to make his heart melt all over again. A warmth instantly spread throughout his chest and his smile softened. What had he done to even deserve her?

_____ A small chuckle escaped from his lips at her inquiry about him. Because of Vegetarian Shark, Phoenix had established a rule in the Place of Lightning and Thunder that no animals which are friends, not food were to be eaten – ever. Things such as that were true indications of the bond that has begun to grow between the two. Wannabe Pirate’s word brought him back to the day he had first met Phoenix – eating the very animal. "Well, yes. That’s me. See, because I was raised by them." It had been quite awhile since the last time he had to explain about his past.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. DX

indentRaised by them? Phasma's brows lifted at the words, curious and confused all at one time. How could a creature as large as a wolf be raised by an animal as small as a squirrel? Honestly, she'd been thinking that it was just because he might have a squirrel friend or two, she'd seen other wolves befriend birds and felines, but this was something just a bit more than she had been expecting. "I've never heard of such a thing before." Her words came quietly, though there was no hint of poking fun or anything that would come off as something bad. She was honestly interested in how something of that sort would come about.

indent"My parents left when I was young." She said, almost randomly. He would have had to have lost his real parents, she could only come to that conclusion, to end up with completely different creatures raising him. "Was it hard?" An innocent question, perhaps a bit to personal for a first time meeting, but she was honestly curious.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... etable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:155px; background-position:bottom center;">

_____ Her reaction was nothing unfamiliar to Pilot - he had come to realize that his family wasn’t entirely common. Either way, he still embraced the fact that they had taken him into their hearts. For without them, Pilot would have never made it to see another day. It was still a wonder now that he had even survived. It was against all odds, that was for sure.

_____ "It was hard with some things more than others. The fact that I had to come to terms with the fact that I had real parents out there somewhere… and the fact that they left me alone. So I know a similar feeling to what you must have felt too." When Pilot had first come to Storm, he had tried to disguise all of his pain with the familiar happiness and hyperness he had gained from his jittery squirrel companions. Truth was, on the inside things still hurt him. Wounds were fresh. But now with Dierdre by his side, he found that things had started to heal completely for the most part. His new family – Storm – was responsible for most of that. "I've gotten over it, though."

[/html]