the name of the game is humiliation
Yar, these are the houses![html]

He found the colors odd. Bright and bold – colors that he’d seen mostly concentrated in the pages of his books on plants. Bright blossoms on bushes of green. But this was different. The color pierced the city with such intensity, Pilot stood there stunned by its audacity. The house in the middle intrigued him the most – silver eyes drawn immediately to the brightly colored door. It beckoned him as if it would contain much more secrets and oddities then the others on either side.

The yellow door swung open with a sharp squeakkkk, and instantly his nose was invaded with the stale scent of dusty desertion. He took the first hesitant steps inside, blinking his eyes so that they may adjust to the light. Drapings were hung haphazardly over the windows, permitting only the smallest amount of light to permeate the window. He stepped inside, gazing around at the littered furniture and forgotten home. Some of the stuff he had seen before in the buildings of the old human city. What he saw in the corner intrigued him most. And old Alvarez acoustic toppled over in the corner of the room.

[/html]
[html]
Houses. His eyes danced across them slowly, bringing one hand to his face to push away the dark shield of hair that obscured his vision. They were bright. Brighter than any that he'd ever seen before and, for a moment, Jasper pretended that he could smell their musty scent. The sad fact was, though, that Jasper simply couldn't smell anything anymore, which was why the young male had no idea that there was anyone else around. Making his way toward the middle house, the one that was more brightly colored than the others, Jasper climbed the small stairs that lead to the door. He would be staying with Laurent now, at least for the most part, and wanted to find some things to spruce up the place a bit. As it was, all the dorm room had inside of it was a few beds pushed together and some blankets.

Pushing the door open, the young de le Poer made his way inside, turning about to make sure that the door closed behind him. It was only when he turned back around to examine the room that he saw him. A gasp of surprise left him and his back was suddenly planted against the door, one hand absently searching for the knob. "S-Sorry..I didn't know anyone was here. I can't smell anything.." The words were quick to leave him, ears flattened back against his skull.

[/html]
[html]

Pilot bent down, hands on his knees, as he observed the forgotten guitar lying against the wall. A rather thick layer of dust and dirt had collected on its wooden body and one of the silver strings had snapped and hung from the neck of the instrument. Pilot reached out a hand, brushing away four thin lines of dust with his fingers along the body to reveal a rich mahogany wood. He was surprised to see it even had some luster to it.

He turned instantly with the click of the shutting door, not really sensing someone else until the light had diminished. He turned to find his gaze falling on someone he didn’t know – a younger wolf than he. The stuttering of words startled him slightly as it sliced through the thick, silent air. Though the rain had cooled the area recently, thunderstorms brought with it the suffocating humidity. He could really feel it in here.

His hand fell away from the guitar and he slowly rose to his full height. His eyes had to squint slightly, readjusting once again to the lack of light in the room. "That’s okay. I was just having a look around," Pilot responded, studying the olive green gaze that peered out behind a curtain of black.

[/html]
[html]
Jasper, being the not-so-bright creature that he tended to be, hadn't even realized that he could have said nothing and potentially gotten away. Then again, the other male had been facing him the moment that he had turned around, but that didn't at all mean he wouldn't have been able to get back out the door quickly. Instead, he was simply standing there babbling away like a fool and, quite honestly, expecting to be met with some sort of anger or mockery. What he received was none of that, though. The other male seemed calm and normally, at least he sounded it, and made not a move to try and hurt or grab Jasper.

Calming, though only slightly, his hands slid away from the door and moved in front of him, grasping gently at each other to take hold there. "Me too.." He said quietly, though quickly piped up again to make sure his statement was accurate. "Just looking, I meant." He felt awkward suddenly, faced with the all-to-familiar fact that he was indeed not good at carrying on a conversation, especially with a stranger. "The color was nice so I thought I'd come in..." Because Jasper liked colorful and pretty much anything shiny, much like the stud that glimmered against the stranger's face. Intriguing...

[/html]
[html]

Pilot turned back to the guitar, carefully lifting it away from the wall and holding it in both of his hands. His touch brushed away more of the dust and the four finger lines were clearly visible across the body of the instrument. He slowly turned back towards Jasper, titling the guitar a bit so that the stranger could get a better view. "They’re odd, aren’t they?" He commented to Jasper, referring to the houses and their coloring. "It’s so… bright." He took a few steps forward, before sitting down on a dilapidated loveseat with a seat cushion missing. He rested the guitar in his lap, brushing a significant amount of the dust away. It didn’t look so bad once the luster of the clear coat could be seen.

"I wonder if this works." He had seen a guitar before, but had never played one. His musical talent only really extended to playing the violin, but it was similar in the fact that it was a string instrument. He hoped maybe this would replace that present which had succumbed to the flames on April Fools. He plucked at a string which was horribly out of tune and his face contorted into a grotesque frown. "Horrible," he commented, finally casting a glance up towards Jasper again. "Have any idea how to play this thing?"

[/html]