This fire burns me
backdates to like the 10th of november or something IDEK! Big Grin nighttimeish Big Grin
300+

The fire was spectacular to her, never before had she seen one so big not even the cooking fires of Anathema could rival this beauty. For all her wonder and reverence she feared it, feared it's power and its deadly beauty, she knew it would only take on strike of particularly bad luck to set the entire village around her on fire and burn it to the ground. The woman shivered and pulled her borrowed green shirt closer around her shaved form. The blue jeans had been ditched and left at her and Matteo's shared house.

She couldn't deny that it was nicer here, she could see the sky and smell the rain; feel the wind unlike the dark Anatheman caves. But.. she didn't feel as though she belonged here. It was as though she were tainting its pureness with her dirty stain despite the fact that they had just come through a war their was still a sense of peace and community, the members banded together ever more stronger for their ordeal. She wished that for just once in her life, someone would be there for her and would stay there. Someone who wouldn't abandon her at the first sign of trouble and leave her in the mud.

The orange and red hi lighted her fur and threw her shadow out in a flickering display. Her white form was the only one visible in the darkness, the shaded outlines of the other domiciles were only just visible to her encompassed by the fire's glow as she was. But she knew that no matter how many friends she gained, how many man she slept with or how many people supposedly 'loved' her, she would always be a very lonely and very hurt girl. The pain would never leave her, the misery her father had caused her would never fade.
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 218 :: Teo's all worried. D:

Teo had finally finished his chores for the day. He'd let it build up overnight the day before, because he'd wanted to get some extra time in for Training with Ayasha, but now, after all of his work was finished, he felt tired, regretting it dearly.

All he wanted to do was curl up beside Gemma and go to sleep. Except that, when he got home, she wasn't there. Frightened for a moment, he rushed back outside to find her. Her trail led to the Great Fire (thank god!) and there she sat, staring into the flame.

Another spark of fear, this time from a memory; Gemma walking towards the burning body of her son, intent on lighting herself ablaze in a twisted form of suicide. The act that had brought them here. The moment Teo had realized he couldn't live a life in the caves anymore.

He came up behind her, not really trying to be quiet, and once he'd reached her, his arms snaked around her shoulders and he leaned down to plant a gentle kiss beside her right eye. Everything okay, mia amore? He murmured with slight concern, his mind still spooked from the image he'd gotten earlier. Why aren't you wearing something over your legs? You'll catch a chill. Teo, you big worry wart.

<style type="text/css"> .teoflower .space {width:430px; height:400px; float:right;} .teoflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba; letter-spacing:1px;} .teoflower p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba;} .teoflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .teoflower {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2je357n.jpg); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c6dc; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .teoflower .name {color:#56a5ba; font-size:50px; font-family: 'Rancho'; text-align:left; text-indent:25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;} </style> [/html]
Xd worry Teo has a reason to be worried, Gemma is in a depressive mood.
300+

Weakness. That is what she was, a pathetic excuse for a woman. She deserved everything she got from life and more, more than was already thrown at her, so much more. The woman stared at the fire with a growing sense of discontentment. Her hands trembling as they gripped onto the man made fabric and an unhappy grimace graced her face. She wondered what was wrong with her, she was free now and away from Giuseppe and everything else that reminded her for her dead children so why wasn't she more glad of this fact.

He wasn't trying to be quiet and so her overly large ears picked up the sound of his approaching footsteps. She didn't really react to his sent or sound, she found she had not the energy to really. Drained of everything save for her raw, biting emotions and unpleasant thoughts. Hands easily came down upon her shoulders and the flinch was barely held in, her body still conditioned to react after all this time. Was this all just a dream? Would she wake in the morning next to Giuseppe and her dead children's corpses rotting nearby?

She shifted up a bit to make room for him on the log,

"I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk and ended up here." She looked down onto her uncovered legs and shrugged her shoulders, "Didn't feel like putting them on." She felt weird around him now, shy and vulnerable as though one wrong word or movement would send him running away from her and back to Alaki... hated Alaki. She dare not say anymore and instead looked at the ground with her ears flattened, how was one supposed to act in this situation? She' didn't have the slightest clue, what was she supposed to do? It was all so confusing.
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 218 :: Teo's in denial about his feelings for Alaki... but he determined to move on. These two are a wreck. D:

Teo sighed into her hair and shifted to sit beside her, the arm closest to her falling from her shoulder to rest on her hip. ...I'm having trouble settling in too. He guessed, hoping she'd open up to him. He'd rushed them to AniWaya after his big decision to leave Alaki and now their life was one big mess of emotions, crime and hiding.

Hiding? Was that what they were doing? Why would we hide? We broke a law, sure, but we followed through with... wait, we? I. I broke a law. I followed through with the punishment. I brought Gemma here to protect her... didn't I? Teo hummed in irrate confusion, his own thoughts muddled. I've really made a mess of things. He murmured under his breath, leaning on her a bit for comfort.

I love you. You know that, right? Teo whispered, closing his eyes and resting his head on hers gently, hoping she wouldn't move away. Change is hard, but we'll get through this, you'll see. We'll find a comfortable place in the tribe and make our lives here worth living, not like those musky old caves. We're free, here. No more slavery, no more drama, no more Alaki.

That last bit stung. Alaki. Teo still loved him, that much was true, but the way the wolf had been changing during the albino's last month in the caves... becoming the pack's Rakeeb had turned the boy's ex-mate into a workaholic. A possessive, jealous workaholic. Or at least, that was what Teo kept telling himself... over and over... hopefully, someday, he'd believe it.

Right now, though, Gemma was far more important. The depressed coywolf needed something to smile about and Teo was dead set on finding that thing. He wouldn't rest until he knew for certain that Gemma would be alright.

<style type="text/css"> .teoflower .space {width:430px; height:400px; float:right;} .teoflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba; letter-spacing:1px;} .teoflower p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba;} .teoflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .teoflower {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2je357n.jpg); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c6dc; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .teoflower .name {color:#56a5ba; font-size:50px; font-family: 'Rancho'; text-align:left; text-indent:25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;} </style> [/html]
Gemma is pretty much balancing on the edge between sanity and madness Xd a lot more than she usually is. She doesn't deal with change well XD Even being rescued from Gabriel freaked her out so much that she spent a week gibbering senseless words. I also see it as Matteo came and set down to the left of her Big Grin
300+

Her short ivory hair danced as his breath kissed against it, caressing her cheeks and jawline. Gemma was such a sad individual and had never felt the vestiges of true happiness within her entire life. Like a child being excited to see its parent, a lover excited to see their other, sister to sister or brother, a youngster listening to tales from the elderly. It had all been taken, stolen from her by a thief in plain sight. Maybe if it had not been Lucifer that had sired her she would have grown up normally, with a mother who loved her and didn't bite and claw, a father that didn't rape or touch inappropriately, siblings that played instead of staring coldly.

Cruelly condemned to spend life on the sidelines, always watching but never joining in. Never feeling the exuberance of youth and the rush of a first love. The heart break or sorrow that came with growing up. In some ways Gemma was still a child, a frightened and lost child desperately crying out into that consuming blackness for someone to light a candle and guide her out of the misery and confusing endless hatred. Maybe Matteo could be that guide if she could let herself give him a chance to prove his worth. He sat down next to her and against all of her common sense and failing instincts she moved closer to him and rested her face against his. The wordless comfort helped a lot.

A scarred bald hand made its way to her equally bald and marked stomach, their was no fur to grip onto there so the hand just laid on the skin, the prickle of new fur already growing from the maze of silver puckered scars. Once again her will had failed and her children had died,

"I know." She wouldn't offer up her own words yet, she couldn't for fear it would break everything. Change was hard to normal people but to her well.. Matteo was lucky she wasn't speaking nonsense and trying to set her fur on fire again. Her free arm, her left one looped around his right arm and her hand nudged its way almost demanding into his. He was the one constant in this world that had shifted around her now,

"Change is scary. I don't like change but I want to make this work."
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 209 :: Teo: making promises that sometimes get broken, despite his best intentions.

He hummed softly as she leaned in against him, gladly accepting her hand in his and giving hers a slight squeeze, gentle but firm. We'll make it. Don't you worry. He murmured, placing a kiss on the bridge of her nose and then sighing softly.

I can see the future, you know. Teo smiled, his tone changing to something lighter, almost humorous. And do you know what I see for us? He lifted his head enough to look her in the eye, his own soft and no longer hiding the many emotions in them.

I see a family, happy and thriving. I see us wearing feathers like the rest of the tribe, truely fitting in. I see you hunting, showing me up as we bring in some good meals for our family. He grinned a goofy grin but his words had more meaning than that. I see you smiling and laughing because there's nothing to worry about anymore. Come summer, you'll see it too. I'm sure of it.

He moved his arm away from hers so he could wrap both of his arms around her, pulling her into a warm embrace and kissing the top of her head gently. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure of it.

[html]

300+

Gemma Lives Gemma Talks Gemma thinks

He spoke but she couldn't help but worry, they were still stumbling through the figurative forest despite apparently finding a place to stay. Although... now things had changed. She no longer walked alone, a hand was entwined with hers now, warm and gentle. For the first time in her life she was experiencing what it was like to be wanted for something other than her body, she didn't want that feeling to stop ever. Please stay with me, forever. She looked back into his pinky blue eyes, a gift of his albino ism that Gemma had not received and heard her own voice echoing across time itself 'Has anyone ever told you that your eyes are extraordinarily beautiful?' She still thought the same now, the swirling of colors were extraordinary.. so unique. Her mother's had been simply a depigmented pale red color.

Amusement tinged her voice,"Oh really? Do tell." A single ear twisted upright to catch his explanation, the other one remained lazily against her head. A smile flitted over her face at his expression of the future, it was a good one, that promised to bring them both much happiness and joy. A place to belong, a home where they need not fear, somebody to love and cherish. She echoed his goofy grin although not to his extend. somewhere deep within her she felt a sense of pain as she knew she would never be able to stay completely true to the man at least for a while, her father and life had twisted her in more ways than one and she found herself wanting, no, needing the rough and violent encounters that she was used to. They were a drug for her as much as his sweetness and innocence was, maybe in the future when they were more secure they could talk of this and come to a solution.

Teo moved to embrace her and she hugged him back, her head resting against his shoulder. when he began to pull away from her the woman leaned forwards and kissed him freely of her own will, something she had never done to him before and was a large deal to get her to do outside of a sexual situation.

<style>
.Gemma .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Gemma p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Gemma b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF;text-shadow: margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: #000000 1px 1px 0px;}
.Gemma {background-color:#010409; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b460e9; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... tempt1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:8px; }
.Gemma-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #b460e9; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 213 :: Ooo, pretty new table! Big Grin

The kiss was unexpected. He flicked his ears forward in surprise from it, then eased again, closing his eyes and pressing his hands on the small of her back.

Moments (what felt like a year) later, he pulled back and nuzzled his nose against hers. I love you, Gemma Rhiannon Sawtooth. He murmured, ears lazy on his head and eyes half-lidded to look at hers. I'll never stop loving you. I'll never leave you. I swear. He'd never felt... needed like this before.

With Alaki, he'd been the older, sometimes even more dominant of the mated pair, but he'd never felt needed to the point that Alaki would cling to him like Gemma did. With Giuseppe, he'd been a slave.

It hadn't been much different being with Alaki, actually.

But that was the past. Gemma, the beautiful white coywolf that sat there in his arms. She was the future, or so he hoped. If he ever lost her... ...I don't know what I'd do. Troubled worry flashed through his eyes and he couldn't muffle the whine that escape his throat as he pulled her into another hug, this time tighter that before, almost desperate. Gah. I'm such a sap. He muttered into her short, uneven fur, smiling despite himself.

[html]

Yeeessss :3

3+

He was sweet in his kiss and sweet in his words, dropping praise and promises onto her like raindrops from the sky. The part of her that was amazingly still innocent and still hoped, dreamed of a happily ever after tittered under the affection, preened itself with a glow of satisfaction and pride. The part of her that was dark and twisted however rebelled against it, spoke of lies and torment, broken promises and anger, hatred and everything that was evil with the world. This part was rising to the top more and more she found, provoking her to take chances she normally wouldn't, bait people and instigate chaos.

But as the two parts of her clashed together, the naive young girl and old, broken monster engaged in battle, she was free to act as she wished without the voices tormenting her, without pain needed to gain that high and blood spilled to make her feel in control. She still could not say those words she wanted to, but he would surely understand why not. She was unused to the love that she felt, it was strange and almost scary to her, although just because she did not say it did not mean she did not show it, it sparkled in her eyes that hid the madness within behind a veil of deep sapphire blue, for now she could be at peace. For now she returned his affections, his hugs and nuzzles, the caresses that spoke of comfort rather than sex.

His whine caught her at an unawares and she startled slightly, like a deer ready to flee before settling back down and laughing with him, You're not a sap. I like you just the way you are. She suddenly fest restless and felt the need to walk about in the dark even as desire began to curl it's way up her spine and make her tail twitch, Come. Walk with me. It's a lovely night. She stood to her feet, intending to leave the heat and light of the great fire behind.

<style type="text/css">
.bluegemma1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#30383c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bluegemma1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.bluegemma1 {margin:0px auto; width:470px; background-color:#64727b; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/av0b9i.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dadada; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 422 :: Tempted to say let's slap a Mature tag on this thread, just for safe measures. xD

At her movement and invitation, Teo stood as well, stretching out as he did. The cold always made him stiff and a few pops could be heard as he stretched his arms over his head and leaned back, groaning happily as his joints loosened. Mm. I'm getting old. He joked, moving to walk beside her at a steady pace.

As they moved along, he kept his hands in his pockets, tail flicking behind him almost nervously; it had been a long time since they'd been able to enjoy eachother's company without any interruption or drama. The quiet night was a good atmosphere and he felt warm despite being away from the fire.

He looked up at the sky as they walked and smiled again, the same smile as before when he'd mentioned being able to 'see into the future'. Y'know, the stars are different here than they are in Italy. I've never quite gotten used to looking up and seeing a different sky... but I've learned a few of the constellations around here.

He pointed up to a line of stars, curving in a sort of 's' pattern. That's Draco, I think. Same name as my father, ironically enough. Teo looked away from that one to find another. The Big Dipper. Gemini. Orion. In all honesty, the boy was simply trying to fill the silence with idle talk; he still felt that warm sensation and it was unsettling. How could he have gotten so comfortable with her after such turmoil so recently having played out? Surely this wasn't the end of their troubles... so why did he feel as if he'd won a war?

Glancing over at Gemma, at her eyes and the lack of fear in them, he smiled softly; because he'd finally won the battle with himself, he supposed. That raging fight in the back of his mind about who'd been the right choice. Caught up in a fantasy, he'd followed Alaki around like a lost puppy. The wolf had been his hero, the boy who'd saved him from his tyrant brother. But the Trovato boy didn't need a hero now; he needed to be the hero. For Gemma.

He hummed softly and moved to wrap an arm around her shoulder, kissing the edge of her ear gently. I love you. A whisper in her ear, soft and warm, not doing much to hid the underlying desires she stirred in him. Always there, but at that moment, alone and in moderate silence, he felt as if he could relax. Finally.

LOL Maybe not or it would screw with the timeline I have XD WE CAN HAZ SEXY THREADZ LATER
300+

She laughed at he cracks of his joints and at his words, out of the two of them really it should be her that suffered from poor joints, she had spent a lot of her life on her hands and knees. Although she didn't know everything that had happened with Giuseppe. Thoughts of the brown man made her heart clench painfully so she immediately stopped thinking about him, that was Gemma's version of dealing with it, to just not think about it at all. Instead she focused on where they were going which was rather pointless as they didn't have a destination and then onto what he was saying about the stars. The stars had been her only friends for a long time,

"I used to watch the stars a lot when I was.. contained. They were always happy to see me, shining and stuff." She didn't know that they had names though and she wondered who had named them. Maybe the humans? In which case how did Matteo know them? Maybe he could read or his parents had taught them to him or something. He hooked a hand around her shoulders and told her he loved her again, every time he said it only seemed to bang home the fact that she couldn't.. could she? No. She couldn't.

She could hear the underlying tones in his voice, felt herself shiver even though the night wasn't cold but suddenly she didn't want to do that with him, not now at least. Fear welled up again and she miserably wondered what was wrong with herself. Why did he stay with her when there was so many things not right with her. With a frown on her face she turned and blurted out the first thing that came into her head,

"I'm damaged. You have to know this already. There are things wrong with me. I don't act like a normal person would."