ain't no loans for sittin' your ass at home
Yay for Kanye West thread titles![html]

He had only ever really had a heart to heart talk with Deuce once. He had gone to see her in Jaded Shadows to apologize for the actions of Storm’s former omega. Upon finding her, Deuce had pleaded with Pilot not to let her daughter turn out like she had. In the end, Pilot had made a promise never to hurt Dierdre. He wasn’t sure if he had kept his word or not.

Despite this, Pilot knew he owed a lot to his mother-in-law. She had cared for his two sons when they had been born prematurely and left on their own. Without her, they both would have perished and he knew that he could never be able to thank her enough. He had come to visit her because he was worried about her health. Sure Sirius was young, but Pilot had taken his son’s words to heart enough to do some detective work of his own. He wanted to know if what Sirius had said was true.

He came upon Twilight Vale’s borders, one hand clasped on the arrowhead necklace around his neck, and called for Deuce. It seemed he had been spending a lot of time around Twilight Vale lately.

[/html]
Her days here were done. Lucifer had told her so. She was going to find her sons and let them know. She'd strike out for her cabin. It was safe and secure there. She'd be happy. A call rang out for her. Didn't everyone know she was done here? She set her pack with her books down. She'd come back for them after seeing what it was that the caller wanted.

As she nered the border she saw her son in law. She hadn't seen him in a while. She gave him a warm smile, approaching. He hadn't angered her, so he didn't have to deal with the new side of Deuce that was emerging. Hey pilot, she greeted him happily.
[html]

"Deuce! I’m glad to see you. It’s been awhile." He let his hand fall away from his neck, and a grin appeared across his lips. The clouds overhead threatened rain, but he didn’t think that they would open up anytime soon. He looked to her eyes – mismatched like Dierdre’s and even Apollo’s. "Sirius came to live in Shadowed Sun. I’m sure you probably know by now. Apollo seems to want to stay here though."

"I never really thanked you for everything you did for them. Without you, Lucifer, and Naniko, the kids really would have been in a lot of trouble." He crossed his arms across his chest and cast a glance up towards the sky. The clouds were growing a dark charcoal off to the east. "How’ve you been, Deuce," he asked as he let his gaze travel back to her.

[/html]
I visited him after he left. Must have been right after he left home. I'm glad he's with you, though. He deserves to be with his father at least. She gave the boy a small smile, letting him know she didn't hold it against him that his son had come to live with him.

At his thanks, she nodded. There's really no thanks needed, Pilot. Your boys are my grandchildren. I'd give my right paw to see that they survived. And in a way, I guess I was repaying Dierdre for the rotten childhood I gave her by making sure her boys were happy.

She followed his gaze to the clouds. She could feel his eyes on her again, and she shrugged lightly. I've been better. We all have. She paused, then continued. Lucifer and I ended our mateship. Seems fidelity is too much to ask him anymore. She tried to make her voice light, but failed.
[html]

"I’m sorry to hear that," he responded, feeling the coolness of the breeze find its way to his skin. He shivered just barely, feeling some sort of connection to Deuce just then. Of course he and Dierdre hadn’t actually ended their mateship, but it wasn’t really existent anymore. When she had fled to apparently head over to Jaded Shadows, Pilot still had hope and considered them together. However, after the birth of the kids and the news she had disappeared again, he had to eventually bring himself to acknowledge the fact that they were no longer together. That didn’t mean that he didn’t think about her often though.

"So, does that mean you won’t be staying in Twilight Vale any longer?" He could see the hurt that remaining close to one another could bring. Lucifer was part of the leadership, so he found it hard to see him leaving. But maybe for Deuce it was more of an option.

[/html]