the heaven is in sight
[html]
Chione Keisari

ooc text. Private: Eris. Pictou river, close by Salsola

She had to know. Know how the counselors were, if they were managing to find and retireve the scattered groups of former Crow's Chariot's members, if they were even still alive. She just had to know the answer to all this questions, and she knew only one who would have those. The spirits.

She have been told, ever since she was just a tiny little pup, that her family had been blessed with the protection and guidance of the treasure dragon and the autumn rooster spirits. It was said that the dominant spirit depended on the ruling leader of the group, as to balance the feminine and masculine energies. The dragon for women, the rooster for the males. It used to be the contrary on human mythology, but those have been rewritten.

If it was true, she was meant to be guarded by the hidden treasure keeper, Fucanglong. He would know what to do. But first, she would need a bridge, a living being that could cross and communicate with the spiritual world. The kind of bridge she managed to sense near this pack. It was strong and close enough for her to notice. The Keisari wasn't a shaman, but she was fond enough to sense connections with the spiritual world.

She had brought her chariot, guiding Mora all the way. Having tea with Vesper and Helotes had been surely pleasant, but as it was her nature, she had to move on. And make some business! The closest pack, she heard, was Salsola, which she was planning to start business with.

It was just a few minutes to sunset, some of the perfect times to connect with the other world. She started a fire close to her chariot to warm up, and started to chew on a leaf of catnip to calm down a bit. Hey, not only cats can benefit from it, you know! Catnip tea was great for sleeping in. And the short luperci had to admit: she was quite anxious. She had never done it before, and praying for her ancestors didn't count.

The young heir let out a short howl, a plea for companionship on the approaching night and spiritual comfort. Mora lied down and cuddle besides her owner, the mule's warm body helping to fight off the chilling wind roaming about. She could only hope for the right wolf to come.

<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#b7413c;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#6a3924; text-shadow:#b86e4f 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#f6ece5; background-image:url(http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... p-bg-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ede0d1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b86e4f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 5px 0px 200px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #d07e89; width:80%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(407)

Eris is by Kiri!

The coyote moved along the river, heading north toward the mountain and away from the ocean. Eris had no intention of leaving Salsola's borders, but she knew the importance of pacing her borders. Outsiders might sneak their way into the pack if she was not absolutely vigilant, along with her fellow family members. The afternoon sun was sinking below the western horizon, and a thin strip of blazing red-orange was the only remnant of the day's light. Eris could hear the high-pitched squeal and squeak of bats, along with the occasional hoot of an owl.

Her own owl, the melanistic barn owl obtained from Freetown, was back at her house, no doubt. Sandalio did not like to wander, and Eris did not like to force the bird into anything. He was a bright creature, after all, and he performed enough of a function near her home. She had seen no sign of any rats, mice, or other pesky sorts of creatures since obtaining Dali. The owl excelled at pest control, and made certain all such vermin were exterminated from the vicinity of Eris's ruins. Itzcitla could deal with the competition, she knew. The ocelot preferred fishing and hunting along the river's edge.

A distant howl caught the woman's attention, and she paused to consider it. Her caller was some distance away from Salsola, likely north along the Pictou. The coyote listened to the last fading notes of the call, her head tilting to the side when it had ceased. A moment later, she was moving again, seeking the source of the howl. There was no anger bubbling within her -- Salsola had kept its secret for many months, and she had never expected for them to remain a whisper forever. No doubt, tales of their ferocity were leaking to the wide world.

Moving north, the coyote caught scent of the stranger some time later, tracking after the scent with no difficulty. Some time later, the stranger came into sight -- hunkering by a very odd-looking wagon and some kind of short, gray horse. The hybrid paused several yards away, crossing her arms over her chest. The flickering light of the woman's fire danced shadows across her face, and Eris surveyed the scene calmly enough, chartreuse eyes roving over the fire, the stranger, and the horse. Summoning someone in particular? she inquired, keeping a good distance between herself and the stranger.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Chione Keisari

ooc text. --

The sound of mevement was faint at first, but finally, it became evident someone was approaching. The girl looked up, orangeish eyes searching for the newcomer. Only when she saw bright, bright yellow eyes glowing in the growing darkness, did she managed to draw out the shape of the raven coyote.

Her mouth shaped out a tiny 'wow' as she sensed the huge gap between physical and metaphysical planes surrounding the female. Other than that, the woman's scent was of smoke, multiple herbs, blood, moss, earth, and the like. Besides, she checked the smell of her pack silently in her mind, for future refference.

The tall female spoke from a distance, and the emperor wolf stood up, startling Mora a bit and walked a few steps towards the other, all her worries finally finding their way from her heart to her head. "Oh, ma'am, I w's just lookin' for ye! I know we ar'n't acquaint'd yet but, I really need your help! W'uld ye ple'se, ple'se help me?" She begged, hands clasped together in a pleaing motion. Even the catnip couldn't help the agitated little mutt right now.

As she realized she didn't even said her name she stopped herself and clasped her bright yellow cheeks on her hands. "Oh my, oh my, wher' are me manner?! Name's Chion' Keisari. I com' fr'm a long way with my ol' pack, Crow's Char'ot. Ther's been a fight and we g't separated, 'nd I have no idea wh't happen'd to them. 'Nd I truly need to know, but the only 'ne with the answers is Fucanglong. But he's a spirit, and I need help to contact 'im. Yer help." The girl explained, eyes begging for a yes. " 'll do anythin', ple'se!" She finished, her heavy locked accent cutting off certain sounds, leaving them unspoken.

<style>
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#6a3924; text-shadow:#b86e4f 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#f6ece5; background-image:url(http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... p-bg-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ede0d1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b86e4f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 5px 0px 200px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #d07e89; width:80%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(444)

Eris is by me!

The dark woman gaped at the newcomer, chartreuse eyes casing over the dark figure of the clothed Luperci madly. She stood almost immediately upon being addressed, and Eris's ears twitched at the strange tunes of her accent, overwhelmed by the exotic quality of the stranger. What had washed up along their shores now? There was Liliya and her cousin -- or whatever it was Janos was to her -- and now this one. The foreign flair of the hybrid did not distract Eris enough to miss her request, however, and brilliant chartreuse eyes narrowed to razor sharpness at this, her head cocking to the left just an inch or two.

Where there was need, there was profit, and Eris was not one to miss such opportunities without good reason. She nodded, agreeing to nothing but signaling for the other canine to continue, which the woman seemed in process of doing. She introduced herself as Chione, a name just as exotic as her appearance, and plead a cause Eris did not at first understand. The hybrid paused a moment to consider all of this, and finally crossed her arms over her chest, smiling faintly. I understand your cause. The heart of it, anyway. What do you offer me in return? Nothing in this world is really free, she warned, expecting material payment for whatever deed it was she was to perform, if she agreed to such deed. In addition to her payment, they would need something else of value, in all likelihood. Will you require my name? she asked, suddenly. It was not such an important matter to know her name, and she hoped Chione would not inquire about the place where Eris had come from.

Eris did not generally deal with spirits: her calling was with the dead, and it was through the dead she made her contacts with the spiritual plane. She thought she had seen ghosts before, but one had never made itself personally know to her. Perhaps, as kindred of the dead, the dark hybrid was to be avoided entirely by the spirits and ghosts of the wide world. If so, she was not sure she could even assist Chione with whatever it was she was trying to do. In truth, Eris hoped the woman with the startlingly bright cheeks remained brief where her purpose and motivation was concerned: what Eris cared about was payment and the deed itself. These were the crux of the matter to The Auxiliary; this one was not here to seek her Salsola out, and this would be a transaction rather than a recruitment, she thought. If Chione had spoken her solitary purpose, that was so, certainly.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif
line-height:16px;
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Chione Keisari

ooc text. ..

"Offer in return"? Well, if she meant payment, that was what Chione didn't lack! "Why y's, ma'am, I 'ave plenty t' trade. Wh't is it ye enjoy?" She asked in glee, face opening up in a wide open grin, tail wagging from side to side happily. Finelly, some spark of hope. The emperor female sup on her heels and walked with a skip on her step towards her wagon.

"Yer name?" She turned, eyebrows shifting in a questioning expression. But then she relaxed it, the permanent ghost of a smile returning to her face. " Well, if ye wish t' tell me, I w'uld much appreciat' it. But if ye wish n't t', who am I t' make ye?" She commented shrugging a bit, palms facing the sky to acentuate the gesture.

She skipped up the one step between the wagon and the ground, and rustled aound her things. "So, wh't w'old ye like? I g't plenty o' medicine 'nd martial arts scrolls, h'rbs, fabr's, 'nd weap'ns, o' course! I make plenty o' 'em, 'nd very good 'nes, at that! I got some pieces o' leather and pelts, as well... Ye name it!" The black and white female chirped as she moved about, separating a few itens with a larger demand than most.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(441)

Eris is by Kiri!

The dark woman was glad to hear of the other canine's intent to trade. She herself believed in gifting, of course, but she was stingy with her gift, and rarely extended such favor on strangers. Salsola was the primary recipient of Eris's love. This other canine was friendly enough, grinning broadly at Eris, and the dark woman did return a more muted smile of her own, signaling her openness continue the conversation. If she had not wished to keep on with it, of course, the sable-shaded hybrid would have whirled on her heel and stalked away. If she was in a truly terrible mood, she might have set the Arbiters out here after the woman. No such notion arose in Eris, however, and she was content to listen to the other woman a moment longer before her response, considering the name dilemma.

Eris did not doubt all these things lurked in the woman's wagon, and the dark hybrid took a step closer, mindful of the horse-like creature. It was like the hooved equines within Salsola, no doubt, but the dark woman had never seen one quite so stout, nor with such marvelously long ears. The hybrid was more interested in the wares of the woman with the painted cheeks rather than her companions, however, and she leaned forward to peek into the wagon, still a distance away. Mistrustful Eris, she was. Her tail flickered a few times and she considered both questions before responding, her voice merry with mischief. Discordia, if you must call me something, the coyote chirped, the pleasantry in her voice genuine. Such a name was not her true name, no, but it was the reflection of her name, if she understood the mythos comparison correctly.

I would see your weapons, of course. Exotic seeds, perhaps? I am quite the gardener, and I do so like things which produce a certain condition in the head, the woman said, rapping a finger against her skull to emphasize the effects she desired. Such things elevated one's spirit and disconnected it from the physical body -- they were ever so useful for the purposes that drove Eris. She herself did not, in reality, cultivate such plants, but Chione needn't know about Salsola's garden. And your demand -- you would wish for me to draw a spirit to you? she inquired, almost casually. She expected further explanation of what it was she was to do, and she had yet to agree to it. Then again, Chione's wares were not yet in hand. Either was still free to walk away from the bargain, for the moment.

<style>
#erisKiri {
}
#erisKiri p {
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif;
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Chione Keisari

ooc text. ..

Discordia? She was being polite, yes, but certainly wasn't her true name. Well, if she wished to keep her name, so be it! "W'll, Discordia, I do 'ave som' seeds, yes..." She said, finger tip over a contemplating pouting face. She fumbled a bit inside her chariot before bring up a box with bags of seeds and rolled pieces of paper wrpped along the bags, carefully stored separatedly in small wooden dividers. She read the chinese inscriptions on black ink over the bag cloth, until she found the three she was looking for. The black and white female picked them up swiftly and closed the box again. Taking the opportunity, she also picked up a thick roll of leather.

She sat cross-legged on the edge of the wagon, placing the seed bags on her side while she unwrapped the leather in front of her, as if the chariot's floor was a balcony of sorts. Within, multiple blades, big and small of multiple types of metal and carved stones, all of them skillfully crafted and with impecable details and cravings on both blade and handles. All sights to see, indeed. "'Ere we go! Th'se are the smaller blad's, but if yer lookin' for larger weap'ns, i 'ave 'em on the back." She said, unsheating some of the knives over the spread-out leather holster. The blades shone red and orange with the twilight glow, making them look as if they were on fire.

" 'Nd for the seeds, th'se 'ere are a bit tricky on th's 'ere weather, so ye sh'uld wait 'ntil spring to plant 'em. Th's one 's makes ye light 'nd airy, th's makes ye have visions, 'nd th's makes ye aware o' all 'round ye, makes ye wake up to the w'ole w'rld. 'Ope one is o' yer like" The oriental female said, pointing each of the bags as she spoke. "The scrolls 'ave details f'r platin' 'nd 'arvestin'" The girl commented, then stood by, waiting if she wanted some other detail whatsoever.

The black woman inqueried her of the spirit, and she blinked once. "Oh, w'll, sort o'. Ye see, the dragon spirit w's bestow'd on me family long ago, 'nd he w's meant to guide us with 'is wisd'm 'nd support us with 'is fortune. 'E is bound to our family, so I suppose reachin' f'r me ancest'rs w'uld also call out f'r 'im?" The penguin wolf mused out loud, not all so sure about it. As said, she wasn't the most religiously-instructed of her pack.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(521)

Eris is by Alaine!

Eris had come across the name in much the same way she had come across Salsola's marking. There was mythology behind her name, and she wondered if Kaena had known this mythology. The dark hybrid did not know her mother well enough to say whether she had known such mythology existed or she had simply liked the name. Eris supposed she'd never know -- it was not as if she would visit her mother over there in Inferni anytime soon. The scarred hybrid was probably dead or close to it by now, anyway. There was no point in visiting a corpse.

And yet -- she did, over and over and over. The spot where she had burned Shibboleth with Larkspur -- that sharp cliff on the very edge of the pack's territory, just beside the tangled boscage of twisting, gnarled bushes. This was a grave-site, in a sense, though there was no marker and there had been no body. Shibboleth's bones were small and they had burned to ash and small, blackened bits. Larkspur and Eris had not cleaned or swept this up, but instead, they simply let the earth retake the firepit.

The coyote knew such a place was of spiritual power, but she could not take Chione deep into Salsola's territory, nor did she want to. That was alright, though. The river was power. Churning and spilling, on and on forever. Eris had thought Liliya funny when she suggested there was magic in the river, but now the dark hybrid believed it. Rivers were places where spirits could come together and co-mingle, and the hybrid believed their power would be enough for Chione's purposes. She stepped closer to examine the woman's wares -- now that they were out, she was too curious to resist close proximity to the outsider.

One of the seeds looked to be simple marijuana. They had this, but Eris knew there were strains of different potency. It was to be considered. The others were exotic and unfamiliar to her; the dark woman considered them and the blades carefully, nodding as Chione spoke to show her understanding. For her part, Eris wished to speak as little as possible. It was easier to avoid revealing information this way, and they needn't know anything of each other to provide services exchanged, did they? I would take a few of those two kinds of seeds, -- she pointed out the exotic pair -- and and sturdy knife, if you say my price is fair, the coyote said after listening to her speak of spirits.

I do not guarantee I can summon this spirit. My strengths are in foresight and omens, not spirits. I will try, though, and I ask for payment regardless of the ritual's success, she warned, wishing to make absolutely sure her meaning was not misunderstood. Chione looked like a bright canine, of course, but Eris believed it was best to be clear and exact about trading terms. We will need a sacrifice, she added. This last was spoken nonchalantly, with a clearly casual tone, as if this was some mere trifle.

<style>
#erisAlaine {
}
#erisAlaine p {
}
#erisAlaine p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisAlaine .txtooc {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:16px;
#erisAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]