when the snow comes
ooc- thought I would have Ella put on a little show. Anyone feel free to jump in... Maybe she'll do a standing ovation for you. (: ( she's in her Optime form. ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2qsdEotAE That's the song she's singing.

Finally Lucia had allowed Ella to take back control of her body. The female had written a letter on some paper that she held in her hand when Ella was the now dominant controller. Ella had read it with shock on her face. The letter basically said that Lucia had traveled away from Ella's homelands and found her a home within a pack. Ella had abruptly left the pack lands, traveling where ever her feet would take her. The female wouldn't allow herself to become upset about this though. There must have been a reason for this, so she would stay here and see where it took her.

Ella had walked and walked until she found a city. It was a peculiar place and she had dug around in various places. To Ella's luck she had found a dusty old guitar case, within a beautiful guitar that was in pretty good shape. The case was lined with a blue velvety material and the guitar was black with a sort of, blueish tint to it. When she found it, Ella had quickly snapped shut the case and picked it up, leaving the city of Hafilix as quickly as she could. She didn't know if she was allowed to take anything, and she certainly didn't want to get in trouble for it.

Ella hadn't wanted to return to her 'pack' so she just kept walking. Eventually she found a gorgeous set of waterfalls. With her new guitar in hand she walked down to the lowest one, finding a rock along the shore she sat down on it. Ella stretched her feet into the water, flinching as the cold liquid wet her paws. She didn't remove them from the water though, instead she opened up her guitar case, pulling out her guitar she strummed on the strings.

Ella grinned, they were extremely out of key. She tuned the guitar carefully, strumming on the strings every once in a while. Finally the guitar was tuned. She thought for a moment, thinking of a song to play. Ella closed her eyes as she started the song.. It was called 'When the Snow Comes.' She slowly began singing, oh how it felt good to let her voice out this way.

"Is it really to much, to want to be loved..
Maybe when the snow comes.."

Ella continued to sing, letting her voice carry on the wind that was slowly blowing around her. She looked across the waterfalls. They were loud, so she made her voice louder. Singing at the top of her lungs. She played the guitar as loud as she could, the song enveloping her body in a warm glow-like feeling. It had been a long time since she had played the guitar or even sung for that matter, and it felt brilliant.

The roaring falls glowed with the sun's rays, reflecting back onto Ella. She watched through her deep blue eyes as the sky turned a pinky-orange color. The setting sun calmed her body, letting herself forget about Lucia and the terrible thing that she had done to Ella.
Terra wandered over the lands, grumpy about how quickly it had grown cold. Having stopped in Halifax she had finally acquired a dagger of her own, and would be able to practice the forms that she'd learned. Terra doubted that she'd be any good at using it, and it didn't look like the beautiful weapons Dresden had had. Instead of the silvery glint, red lined it's edges, and it was extremely dull. Terra wasn't too sure what to do about it, but thought that there might be someone who could fix it. Up ahead she heard the dull roar of water, and started clambering towards it, thinking that she might find something nice, like a rabbit or a wolf to tease.

Standing on two legs Terra surveyed the clearing before spotting Ella. She'd greeted her at the borders before being chased off by Strel. Well, more like scolded by Strel and she'd slunk off in a fit. Hopefully Ella wouldn't recognize her in her optime form, allowing her to pretend it hadn't happened. Hello! Nice music. Terra had already learned about instruments, so she wasn't surprised to see that part of the noise had been made by a wooden box with strings. She figured it was kind of like the flute, making music without her really understanding how.

Cheerfully she picked over and sat beside her new packmate, looking her over. Ella looked a lot more sad than she had joining the pack, which was confusing. Shouldn't she should have been upset joining, and relaxed after? Instead the situation was very much reversed, with Terra having a clear impression of the calm wolf she'd first met. Are you alright?
Ella jumped slightly as she heard a voice from another female. She turned her head to look at the girl. Hello! Nice music. Ella cocked her head, her physical body recognized this female. Her body knew the familiar scent and the voice, but Ella herself could not put a finger on who she was. She didn't stop playing her guitar, only stopped singing. "Have me met before?"

Ella was confused, how could she feel like this woman was familiar looking, and smelling, but she didn't know who she was? She didn't understand.. Unless the person called Lucia had met her while she was in control. That was probably it..

Ella realized that she was probably looking very rude about now, "Oh my gosh! Sorry.. Thank you for the compliment.." As soon as Ella had replied back to the female's kind words, she was asked another question. Ella smiled at her and nodded her head, "Yes, I am alright.. Whenever I sing a song, I just... Get in the mood of what that song is... It's kind of confusing." She smiled, "How are you doing?"
[html]
OOC

Ella didn't recognize her, so she ran with her idea. No, I'm afraid not. You're probably just smelling the pack on me. Terra gazed over the girl. Something seemed different, but she couldn't put her finder on it. The girl talked in the same soft voice, and she didn't smell different. Terra shook her head, putting it out of her thoughts. Reflecting on something that could just be a trick of the mind was pointless. Then again, the subtle change could be a hint. Terra noticed those changes as they were used to alert her when someone was trying to prank her.

Wary now she smiled at the girl, careful to not let her real feelings show. I'm good, just worried about winter. It's hard to believe there'll be enough food for everyone. Those were her own worries though, so she pushed past it. Terra had been told everything would be alright by the pack. She had to believe in them. The song was quite nice. Having music effect her mood was natural in her mind. Music called to the primitive part of oneself, and Terra already lived in the most feral part of her mind. It made her reject the sick and weak, and obey the strong. Her choice of music tended to reflect her mood then. Why would you choose a song that would make you sad?

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Ella frowned, "How did you know what pack I was in?" Ella cocked her head to the side, if she had never met this female before, then how did she know what pack she was in? She regretted asking the question but there wasn't anything she could do about it now.

Ella nodded her head, "I am sure that everything will turn out just fine. There is always other packs to get food from if they have a surplus.. And deer and such will be quite fattened up during the winter I'm sure.. Maybe not though." She laughed, "I really don't know, I haven't had to hunt for food in a very long time." She grinned.

"Thank you." Compliments were shooting from this female's mouth. She smiled, the female's next question made her think for a moment. "It just reminds me of my brother back home... It makes me sad, but happy at the same time.. I don't know. I just sing the songs I write, and whatever mood I feel like the song sounds, is the mood I get into. It's kind of weird." She giggled.

"Oh, I'm Ella by the way... Ella Kacia."
She'd slipped up. Terra thought quickly for a moment before replying. You smell like the pack. It's faint, but there. Are you new? It would take a good nose to notice, but she hadn't lied about the scent. It really was there, though it would have clung to a visitor just as much. Terra suspected Ella was avoiding the pack for some reason, but she wasn't sure why.

Terra thought about Ella's explanation. It made sense to miss her brother. Terra missed her old pack herself. What didn't make sense in her mind though was why the female wasn't moving on. The past couldn't be changed, and they'd both arrived voluntarily. Or had they? Terra knew the circumstances around her arrival, but she knew nothing about Ella beyond her claim. Why did you come to the pack? You could have stayed with your brother.
Ella nodded her head, of course that's what it was. She smiled slightly, "Oh," She laughed. Ella was feeling paranoid now, she wanted to know what had happened to her and how she had gotten into the pack she was supposed to return to at some point. She pushed the thought away, knowing that she would never find out. So why should she dwell on the thoughts?

Terra's next question made her bit her lip. "Things were not working out at home, I thought they would be better if I lived somewhere else. I asked my brother to come with me, but he wanted to stay and help out at home... To try to make things better." Of course this was a lie, Ella had no idea why she had left. But she had had to come up with something quick, and that explanation had sounded pretty nice and so she had used that. Her voice was steady as she told the fib, she was used to lying by now. That didn't sound too nice, but she had had to lie for her brother numerous times, she had to lie to the old man who taught her and now she was ling here. She really wished that she could stop. But it was hard. "But all of that is in the past, it's time for me to move on. A lot of times when I write songs I will put my feelings into them, then I will not let myself feel that way anymore until I sing the song. Then my feelings will flood over me and that's all I will feel. But as soon as the song is over, I push them away again."
[html]
OOC

She didn't quite get it, but Terra nodded her head sagely at Ella's words. It sounded like she'd been quite close to her brother. The separation must have been painful. Still, the idea of trapping emotions in songs was confusing. Terra just felt what she felt. There was no point beyond that. Her feral nature limited what she'd been able to experience, and even more so what she did with it. Terra had felt sorrow at leaving her pack, but it hadn't effected her as Terra had to move on. Necessity had overridden such pointless things as feeling sad and moping around.

Standing up Terra looked over to Ella. Well, shall we head back? I'm sure you'll feel better once you're settled in. I sure did. Living without a pack had been a huge anxiety. Terra had spent that time walking with death. The security of a pack was something Terra would always be deeply thankful for. The gamble involved in life outside it was something she just didn't know if she could win, even with marked cards. No matter how hard Terra tried to cheat death, death still had another trick to tip the scales in it's favor.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]