To Forgive is Divine
[html]

Long-awaited thread, back-dated to the 18th Tongue (Nootau: Visible) {posts will get longer >_<}

It was not long before Ralla was at Crimson Dreams' border, having ridden on Sugar's back for the first time in ages. The horse was as fit as ever, and yet his presence only reminded Ralla of Liliana's... Well, that was one thing Ralla would be asking about during her stay: She and Leon had been in such a fluster during their meeting he had not explained--or she had merely forgotten in the moment of adrenaline.

At the borders she dismounted Sugar and howled; her voice, ringing clear in the midday air, hit its first few, quick staccato notes before crescendoing, slowly falling down to her low pitch. She called specifically for Anu, knowing that the other Crimson Dreamers would likely not take kindly to an AniWayan so early after the war's resolve, if it could truly be called that. No, she sought out Anu because she wanted to apologize and negotiate friendliness between the packs again, even in such a small way. She could not talk of alliances or anything large like that, but she could at least attempt to ease the tension. Anu had seemed a reasonable sort; would she listen to Ralla now?

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]

The day was brisk, a wind from the north brought them an unwanted nor appreciated chill. But winter was coming, practically already descended upon them. Anu would not stay within the walls of the Manor any longer, she had resided to venturing out and regaining the rest of her missing strength. She carried a stick, an old apple tree limp to ease her pace and for her to lean on while she paused to check the sign of a canine trail. The slight woman wore a cloak, another trait new to her since returning from the war. It was a flowing garb but as plain as the color of a tree trunk. Long wide sleeves encircled her arms, and in the wind she was grateful for the fabric covering.

A call came, unexpectedly to her ears. The howl was long, and she knew that it was searching for her. Who it belonged to was unknown, and the wolfess paused for a few long moments before following it. She took her time, heading towards the borders at a pace that would keep her steady and not tired once she reached her destination.

The scent of AniWaya caused her stop again, a feminine order that made her defensive instantly. Anu approached with the greatest of caution, even circling the scent until she was down wind. Blue eyes caught the sight of a creature in the distance, and she studied it before allowing herself to appear beyond the truck of a great ancient tree.

Anu did not remember this wolfess. Her face was stoic, mouth a thin even line. Not a frown nor a warm smile. The rider and horse were not yet welcome here. The wolfess said nothing, waiting and watching while the silence spoke of the past and the conflict for them.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait >_>

It seemed like a very long time that she waited for Anu to answer her, but she should not expect differently. They had met under less-than-ideal circumstances, and if the other even recognized her (under the cover of dark as they had been) it would be amazing. Still, there was hope, and the need to make amends.

Ralla did not, at first, notice the movement to where the wind was blowing, and did not scent the one who stalked about. But staring in one direction is quite tedious, and so it was not long before the white woman scanned the area surrounding her. How soon it was already the late fall, and how red and brown the earth was. The colors were quite beautiful--a myriad of golds and crimsons that would soon fall and leave the earth to white--and the air smelled crisp and clear. And yet her eyes caught something that was not typical of the fall foliage, and so focused in on it. It was a blueish-grey coat of a wolf, and immediately Ralla's ears perked up in surprise, if not that a stranger had been standing there without her notice. But recognition made her ears then lower, as--even though she did not know Anu strongly by her own eyes--the form of the Crimson Dreams beta had been spoken of and at least somewhat imprinted in her mind at their first meeting. With deference she bowed from the waist, a hand held firmly on Sugar's neck, as she awaited to be approached. She would not assume to approach the beta (certainly not as things stood) but would instead wait for her to make the first move, as was proper in some cases. In the trees, Nootau hooted (perhaps a little in urgency for his charge to be forthright) and Ralla wondered if the beta made any notice of the peculiarity of an owl in the daytime.

"Unalihelitseti," she called out, hoping that her tone was open enough to be viewed as friendly yet unobtrusive.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n5mCK.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]Smile

Her focus was lain on the wolfess, the horse that lingered at her side as well as any other creature were dismissed. She had not been confronted by an AniWayan, nor even had a whiff of the scent since her entrapment. Only in her dreams had they come back for her. Though the threat was said to be dissolved and there nothing to be fearful of, Anu could not believe it yet. A once faithful soul that took a honest word and placed her heart in it now needed proof to show her the truth.

The white woman leaned forward in a bow, and Anu stayed stone still. Her breath was all that she could feel vibrating lightly from her chest. The air hadn't felt as cold a moment ago...

The female spoke, a word unknown to Anu. There was a pause, and then the gray she-wolf spoke. You are close to Crimson Dreams, and wear the scent of AniWaya. It was a warning, one not truly spoken in syllables but known to any creature that had been in the thick of the conflict that had gone on between the two packs. The pale fey had to own a reason for being here, and she must use the language of the land to speak it. And quickly. The Dreamers were only a call away.

[/html]
[html]

:3

Even still, Ralla could see--and hear--Anu's discomfort and hostility. It was still to be expected... "I come from AniWaya, yes--perhaps you do not remember me, and I did not expect you too. I am Ralla," she said in English, not realizing that her use of AniWayan could've been mistaken as unsettling. Once in awhile, the white matriarch was naive, too...

"I have come, specifically, to see if Crimson Dreams' and AniWaya's relationship can be somewhat mended," Ralla said as she rooted through Sugar's bags to locate the gifts she had brought. "I cannot speak as a leader or councilman, but I wish to offer collective condolences and wishes for peace. You especially, Anu... Your capture was unnecessary and cruel, and I'm sorry Dawali and I couldn't have done more than release you." While there were those less fortunate enough not to live, those would not be mentioned. It was important to realize the 'now' of life, and appreciate it. That, in essence, was why Ralla was there: She wanted to show Crimson Dreams that everything could return to some semblance of normalcy--maybe be even better than before. But she had little hope for instant reactions, and would expect those to come maybe in a year...or three... She could not judge this pack; they were separate from the tribe. Cradled in her arms, after finding them, were three items: A scroll with a worn painting drawn on the inside (that of a Long Gone riding a horse with his sword raised, as well as some nonsense script arching along the bottom with an ornate border), a golden necklace with sapphire gems (a treasure she had found long ago in a locked box while exploring the ruins of Halifax, the box having been broken by a heavy stone), and the rolled pelt of a bobcat (that which was given to her, kindly, by Liev during their brief meeting and hunt). She held these out, not daring to approach Anu lest she seem aggressive in stance or presumption.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]

The Dreamer allowed the female to speak, eager to know what brought her to the pack's lands. What she said was not that she had expected. Her memory was clouded, those days and nights away from her home were things that brought her nightmares. The moment she should remember the most clearly, her moment of freedom was the most hazy. It was not until she spoke the last few words that she came to the realization that this was one of her rescuers. Anu stopped herself from feeling shameful for not knowing, or for not falling to the woman's paws in gratitude, the woman was stronger now and would not fall victim to her insecurities.

Your words are appreciated... she spoke with a far less stone-like tone. And I thank you for your kindness in the days of the conflict. She added after a moment. There was a pause, for Anu could not know what the future between their packs might hold. She had grown unsure in her hopes for the future, her optimism broken by her imprisonment. The Dreamers hope for that same peace, and my Consul and I lead with that mind set. There would be no Dreamer taking aggressive action towards AniWaya.

But the trust has been broken. Sadly, she did not know if that could be repaired.

[/html]
[html]

I didn't even intend the rhyme when Ralla spoke XD

Anu seemed to remember, then, who Ralla was, but Ralla expected nothing. How could she? She did nothing extraordinary--only what she expected of herself. And moon knew she had ignored her inner morals on more than one occasion, and on all it had turned out less than savory.

Ralla only smiled wanly at Anu as she explained hers and Crimson Dreams' mindset; she had expected no more than what she was given, and was grateful for what was said. "I understand," Ralla said while letting the gifts hang in her arms a moment, wondering if Anu would even take them. Ralla did not know if Anu trusted her well enough to come close, and she would not press the issue--if it came down to it, she would leave the gifts where she stood and be on her way. She only hoped it would be more pleasant than that. "Threads can be mended, yes?" she asked, that same sagely expression on her face. "It is our hope that even if the ties that kept us together were severed by a cruel sword, we can mend them with more. I know it will take time--we all do--but just like peace if a hope for you and yours, for me and mine, we hope that we can remake a tapestry better than the one before." Here the alabaster woman closed her eyes in her grin--the genuine nature of her statement not to be seen as a rambling or drabble, but as her true intentions.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

Anu knew well what direction her alphess wished to take the pack. It had been the same as before. As always Crimson Dreams was a place were a creature could live, creature their family and prosper as a being in peace. It was not a glamorous life, and at times it seemed dull. But it was the one they wished to live. And it was in those hopes that Anu and Savina clung to their lands and praised their members for their diligence.

Ralla seemed to be a kind soul. The time of Maska’s rule had to have been hard on her, as it was on Anu. Cruel beasts preyed upon those that lived as they did, taking advantage of the trust that was given away. The wolfess did not know much about the mending of threads, but she nodded her head. I believe they can. In time She was glad that they other wolf desired that their pack’s alliences were made whole once again.

Your gifts are appreciated as well. It was only right for her to accept the things that Rala held in her arms, and not burden her with the task of bringing them back to AniWaya. Anu hoped that in time it would be the Dreamers that would be bringing AniWaya gifts in the Spring season to show their kindness.

[/html]