[m]Tonight we drink to youth
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language starting in the 13th post. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC: you know who you are. WC: 1038

Not only had it taken him some time to complete the order from the woman, since it was a bunch of leather-work and he was not particularly too fast at doing the leather-work, but it also took him some time to forgive Orin enough to even think about going to visit CDA to give her the things she desired. His face held a frown as he rode on top of his mount. Vox nicked, feeling the tenseness of his master as he trotted along the pathway from CD to CDA. Things were not going all well in CD either, for he had been demoted for no reason whatsoever, other than the fact that he kept to himself during the war. The male was not suited for battle, nor had the attacks ever gone through the village that he lived in so there was no point for him to get all involved. If he had been effected directly by the battles then yes, he would have defended to the best of his abilities, but every battle he was not told about, and every attack was to the manor, and not to the surrounding lands that he would have possibly been in. It would have also taken him much too long to run into battle when he was called. What of his family as well? Krystalle was no fighter, and they surely would have been taken prisoner if he had left them unprotected since they were the only ones in Piccolo. He had to protect his family over his pack, because his pack was less important, to say the least. The pack could be gone the next day, but his family would not, for they loved him, unlike his pack. His pack merely tolerated him, that was it. That was why he was at the omega rank.

He rode like he was much more though, his tail curled behind him, like his ancestry would call for, and his shoulders straight and proud. He was a handsome male afterall, and he was starting to really realize this as the days went on. He did get a lot of attention from Krystalle, and there had been some random loners that had tried to have their way with him, for him to only deny and retreat from their grasp. Bartholomew decided to show his ugly mug at the male, jogging alongside the trotting buckskin. Ya' know, Marsy, ya' aren't that pretty. I'mma much better lookin' than ya'. An' I bet dat I coulda wooed 'er better than ya' coulda eva do. Bartholomew gloated. Mars snarled at the male and looked at him from behind his shades. I don't want Orin. She's already proven herself to be unfaithful, impulsive, and unintelligent. It was my fault for thinking that she was different. She's nothing but a child. growled the Russo male. Bartholomew giggled lightly. 'er being a child stops ya'? Children arr so much more easier ta' pleases, why woulj'ya ever want someone who wasa hard ta'please? asked the male, and Mars then found the male to be disgusting. What the fuck was wrong with him? You're disgusting Bartholomew. You are a disgusting freak. Always going to an easy lay. he spoke in disgust to the male. Eef she was so easy ta' lay, dont'cha ya' 'hink ya' coulda have lain 'er 'ready? asked Bartholomew. Mars snorted. I didn't want to lay her. Mars spat a lie. It was a downright lie and Bartholomew knew it. Dontcha think Aye know when ya' are lyin'? Ya' arr da most horrible liar on da face of da planet, Mars. accused Bartholomew with a mocking look on his face. Mars kicked out at Bart's head, and the male dodged it like a boss and continued to jog. Dat wassa cheap shot, asshole. spoke Bartholomew before Mars completely ignored anything that his counterpart had to say about anything.

Thank the heavens that they were nearly at the borders of the forsaken Artists' pack that was barely hanging together by the seams. It was not a good feeling that Mars got in his stomach as he approached the borders, for there were memories that he'd rather not remember, not only of him yelling at Shawchert but also the day that Orin left him in CdA, and of the day she had left him in CdM and the day that he had wanted to bash Sky's face in because she thought she was better than he, and she thought that he could be ordered around like a dog. Never again would he be ordered around like a dog. Even if he was an omega, he was more than likely going to disobey a higher ranked rather than do what he was told. The life he left behind in Fresno was the one where he was ordered around like nothing but a slave, but here, he would not put up with that, no, never again.

He lifted his head to the sky and he let a howl for the woman be voiced in the air. It was not a happy tune, more sorrowful, and almost angry really. He was not happy that he had to be here and do this for the woman, and his howl had let her know that he was not in a good mood right off the bat. Vox came to a halt before the borders and Mars pulled a cigarette from his pocket and put it in his mouth as well as a lighter and he lit the end of the cigarette and inhaled the smoke, waiting for the woman to show her beautiful face to him, no matter how hard he tried to tell himself that she was ugly, and a traitor, those were all just lies. The traitor part maybe not so much, but the ugly part was a damn lie and he knew it. He hoped that he would not need to be angry with her, though he knew that deep down, he would always be angry with her. She had hurt him, and she never even said sorry to him. She was not to be forgiven so easily.

<style type="text/css">
.Mars3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#B54B23; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Mars3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#B54B23;}
.Mars3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Mars3 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/306/mars3y.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px ridge #000000; padding: 0px 0px 475px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8F2912; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Per our convo in chat, this is dated the 20th. Thank you! I should have said something sooner. 700+

The howl rang out and sounded the visitor's presence, the tune pricking Orin's ears the moment it filled the lands. Her white ears swiveled toward the sound before any of the rest of her acknowledged the call, but just a moment after she turned her head to peer over her shoulder. She had finished all her chores for that day long ago, and thankfully had cleaned up and changed from her tan cloak that she used to wear when she lived in Cour des Miracles (that she now only used when she needed extra warmth while cleaning the stables) to her more gilded pink fur cloak that she had found on her last trip to the court. She had no idea that Mars, or Bart, or both, would be visiting her today. The man had a mind of his own... well, several minds of his own... and his actions were never predictable. Maybe that's what she liked about him.

She still had no idea what she had done wrong, either, only that Mars had been rather unwelcoming the last two times she'd haphazardly run into him in Crimson Dreams. She was elated to have found her old friend, but he was less than happy to see her, it seemed. They never had the moment to broach what was wrong, and Orin, being Orin, only slightly realized anything was wrong with the moody Russo anyway.

She stood up on the porch of the old seamstress's house, brushing a cat off her lap as she did so. Vernie was inside today and Orin hadn't bothered the old nut bag, but she still liked to visit the kitties sometimes. A glance at her cloak proffered a lap of fur and she blanched – a funny thing for a tundra wolf to be worried about, fur on her clothes – and tried to brush it off. The velour cloak was too receptive of the fur, though, and her efforts were in vain. Oh well, Mars was waiting, and she couldn't keep him. No, that bastard would turn right around and leave if she took too long.

In a fluid move she was off the steps and jogging toward the woods, her ears reminding her where the call had come from, and expertly following it. If it had been a scent she'd have been lost long ago, but she was quite good at tracking sounds, even if they resonated in the area. As she walked she wondered why he was here, the leather armor she had ordered almost out of her mind by now. Of course, for such a custom item it hadn't actually taken that long, but since then there had been children to ground and a wedding to plan, so it had been lost in the hubbub until she heard his howl.

A few snappy, short yips came from the girl to let the Russo man know she was coming. She didn't want him to grow impatient and leave her. By the morose sound of his call he wasn't in the best of spirits – something that bothered Orin, like an inconvenience – and she didn't doubt he was feeling a bit impatient right now.

Not long after her brusque call, the pink of her cloak was visible through the brush, and soon she was out of the forest entirely and walking toward Mars. Who cares if he seemed remorseful when he called? She was still happy to see him. A wide smile on her countenance, she closed the last few feet between them at a jog. “Mars! You came to visit!” She said excitedly as she came up to Vox's side, setting her hand on the stallion's neck – the motion opening her cloak to reveal her body – the fur now growing extra-fluffy again as it always did in winter. “I'm so glad you're here, there's so much to tell you. To show you. You gotta meet Soraya.” The brown cow was her pride and joy – just below her daughters, anyway – the woman was slightly surprised that she was as successful at caring for the cow as she was, and wanted to show her off to all of her friends.

“Come on,” she set her hand on Vox's reign, about to guide the horse if he and the master would follow. “What are you doing standing here? You've got an open invitation into d'Arte any time you want, from me.”

<style type="text/css">
.character-ggho001s b {font-weight:bold; color:#b2ddff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.character-ggho001s .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-ggho001s p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#6c8665}
.character-ggho001s {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#030303; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/29zvhmr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 239px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: you also told me that pp is fine :] WC: 605

He puffed on his cigarette as he waited. Bartholomew had the audacity to show his face again while he was waiting. Bart went on about some random rant or something but Mars did not listen, nor did he acknowledge the male nor listen to his words. He did not need to listen to the male, nor converse with him. Eventually, Bartholomew copied Mars and lit a cigarette and started to smoke himself. He was getting impatient, if only because he was in a bad mood. There was a yapping of the woman as she had made her way towards him, and he did not respond, instead he puffed on his cigarette more and he sat there on top of his steed, unwilling to get down. Vox shuffled under the weight of his master and he put his head to the ground and he nibbled on the grass, and his tail flicked and hit Mars on his pants. The male looked down at the horse before the scent of Orin drifted into his nose. He looked up and he looked at the pink jacketed woman as she trotted up to them and she had touched Vox's side of his neck. The buck skin steed had nibbled on the woman's jacket, but not enough to get her angry or anything but just enough to tell her that he appreciated her greeting. Mars, however, did not. This was only because he was still angry with her.

Apparently there was a lot she needed to tell him and to show him. He was not excited. He looked at the girl as she took the steed's reign and she pulled the stallion to follow her. Mars did not speak yet, nor did he show any sort of excitement about whatever she had to tell him. She told him that he needed to meet someone and she wasn't explaining whom was this person he was supposed to be meeting. Again, he was not excited about meeting anyone because the only thing that was on his mind was another goddamn child that would be hers and Shawchert's. Orin then asked Mars what he was doing standing there and that she had invited him onto the CDA lands whenever he wanted. He shook his head at her. I do not live here. he simply stated to her, leaving no room to argue. I came because I finished your leather-work. I wasn't planning on staying too long, Orin. he spoke to her, his tone rather cold as he looked at her through his dark glasses. He did not lift them because of the fear that she might see the look he was really giving her, one of pain and sorrow.

Mars looked at her as she lead him and his steed to where she was planning on going, no matter what he had said about not staying long. She never did really listen to him, which was to be expected, and for some odd reason he did not pull the reigns to get control of Vox and pull away so he could leave. Could you at least try the leather on so I can make sure I didn't make it too big or too small?he asked, flicking his butt of his cigarette onto the ground and looking at the woman. please? he remembered to even ask nicely, even though his tone was still as icy cold as it had been before. He held out the leather work to her, wanting her to try it on now, just in case he needed to make any adjustments.

<style type="text/css">
.Mars3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#B54B23; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Mars3 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#B54B23;}
.Mars3 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Mars3 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/306/mars3y.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px ridge #000000; padding: 0px 0px 475px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8F2912; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

600+

Mars sat there as cool as ever. Even when he was emotional he wasn't ever very emotional, so, unable to see his eyes, Orin wasn't very concerned just yet. She smiled at the man anyway, and when he and the horse allowed it she led Vox through the maze of trees towards Thornbury. The stable was nicer now than it had been when they were living here, only having just been constructed out of an old building and needing improvement at the time. Now it was large and well supplied, and not only housed several horses but the cow, many hens, and a few wandering felines as well.

She all but ignored his 'I do not live here comment.' She was giving him an open invitation and whether or not he acknowledged it it didn't make it any less of a valid invitation (or so Orin's mind worked it, just as stubborn as he). “Oh, that's right, the armor,” she said pleasantly as she walked, not thinking it strange at all that Mars didn't dismount and walk with her. After all, it's how she would prefer it. He was her guest now, and she wanted him to be comfortable. “I would have called on you in Crimson Dreams to see how things were going, but I figured after the last time I get that it's not really a good time to pop in on the pack.” She wasn't really up on the current state of the fight being so wrapped up in her family at the moment. Plus, she had been forbidden by Skye from going near the war lands (except for Crimson Dreams, but her visits there all had to be approved by the Capitana first) and she wasn't about to chance angering her leader.

Orin hadn't been walking long before they came to where the trees dwindled, like she had known a short cut through the forest, and soon they were walking the outskirts of Thornbury. Her ears swiveled back, listening to his request, and she chuckled softly, not even turning to him when she answered. “Of course I will, but I'm not just going to do it in the middle of the forest. Lets get Vox into the stable first and then I'll try it on.” Now she had him 'captive'. “You wouldn't want me to freeze while I'm changing, would you?” It was some kind of a joke, because everyone knew it was impossible for Orin to freeze even in an unrelenting sub-zero snowstorm.

She felt the man's urgency and didn't want to test his patience any more than she actually had to, so she hurried the stallion to the barn. Her own steps were almost a quick jog again, but of course it barely rushed the long legged steed. Before long they had reached the stable and Orin let go of Vox's reigns. Orin turned to Mars, waited a beat, and then threw her arms up. Although her words could have been angry, they were spoken with an amused lilt. “Well you gotta get down from there some time or else I'll stable you with the horse, and that would make for a very awkward visit.”

She waited a second more and then sighed as though giving in, although in truth she was just as eager to try on the leather as he was. “Okay, I'll tell you what,” she said as though conceding. “You come down and stable Vox while I get into the armor. Hmm?” She held her hands out, and took the armor from him, then with a motion disappeared through the barn door. “There's a stall down there that's clean and empty, and some feed in that barrel.” She said as she slipped around into the open space at the end of the stalls, setting the leather on one of the crates and unfastening her cloak.

<style type="text/css">
.character-ggho001s b {font-weight:bold; color:#b2ddff; letter-spacing:1px;}
.character-ggho001s .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-ggho001s p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#6c8665}
.character-ggho001s {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#030303; background-image:url(http://i46.tinypic.com/29zvhmr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 239px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 620

Maybe it's best you leave me alone
A weight is lifted on this evening..

As always she was very talkative and as he was with others, besides when he was once warm with the woman, he was distant, and silent. She spoke about how she had thought it was a bad idea to pop in on the pack again, which was wise of her to do - probably one of the more smarter moves she had taken on the chess board. She led his steed while he was mounted still, and she had continued to be the chatter box that she always was, probably blissfully ignoring the fact that he was much more colder to her than he normally was. The trees dwindled and she pretty much made him go with her, saying that she would not want to change in the middle of the forest. He would have done it. That was him though and obviously not her. She had spoken of putting Vox in the stables, and he would have denied if he had the heart to really deny the woman. He still did not speak again to the woman, just a cold stare coming from behind his dark sunglasses.

Soon they were at the stables and the woman was letting go of Vox's reigns as they were led to an empty stall. He sighed lightly, and the woman threw up her hands and told him that he needed to get down sometime. He turned his eyes towards her, but did not lift his glasses. A frown hugged his face and he crossed his arms on his chest. She then spoke about how there would be a deal. He would get down and stable Vox, and she would get dressed. He sighed again, and made a motion to get down, and he slowly did as she disappeared into a part of the barn where he could not see. The quiet man had put the buckskin stallion into the stall, something that Vox hadn't been in for a long time, and he was slightly confused as to why the wolfdog had put him into the stall, and he let Mars know by walking up to the gate and reaching over and pulling on Mars' leather jacket. Mars looked from where the girl disappeared to, back to his steed and he put his ivory hand on the beasts' nose. We'll be leaving soon, don't worry. whispered Mars to the steed, and Vox nickered softly before he threw his head and then looked at all the other horses with his deep brown eyes. He nickered again and found himself slightly antsy in the small stall. Shhhh, Vox, calm down. It's not for long, I promise. Mars reassured the steed, whom snorted in his direction and bent his ears back at Mars. It was easy to tell that Vox had been a free roaming horse for a very, very long time, and was only in a stall when there was weather that was devastating.

Mars looked in the direction of the girl and he waited for her to be finished getting dressed, her obviously not wanting him to see her if she was going in a hidden spot. He believed that he had gotten undressed in front of her once before, and found it weird that she would be so inclined to hide herself from him. He guess that it didn't matter, but he crossed his hands over his chest again and he let another sigh pass his lips as he waited. He still said nothing to her. There was nothing to say to her in his opinion. Nothing but "hurry the hell up" in which he did not say because he was trying to be respectful to the woman still.

<style>
.marscatmo .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marscatmo p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marscatmo b {color:#aa83d5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.marscatmo {background-color:#5b07b8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GGdMg.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c4c3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:459px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 380px 0px; }
.marscatmo-border {width:461px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

400+

He was correct in thinking it strange the way Orin hid herself while she changed. In fact, there was little reason for it at all. Up until now she typically went without clothing or fashion except for when she amused herself with costumes. After all, she still had the yellow ball gown she had found that day in the costume shop with Mars when they lived in Cour des Miracles, as well as a few other outfits she gathered throughout the seasons. This leather work was the first piece she actually thought about and personally requested, and even then it had a function and purpose. Still, it was more of a showy piece than anything.

The cloak was deposited on the stable floor in a moment as the flighty woman let it just drop in a heap. She picked up the armor, inspecting each piece for a second while she wondered where the hell it all went. Truthfully, this was why she went around the corner. Although she was a fairly silly woman she didn't want him to see her fiddling with the armor and not knowing what to do with it, where any of it went or how to get it on right. Whether or not he could see her, though, her shadow was still cast against the wall and she made enough noise to wake the dead.

“What was that?” She said, only half paying attention. She heard Mars say something but didn't know what, and she didn't really listen for an answer either.

After some amount of struggling and bouts of noise followed by long huffs and silence, Orin finally had most of the armor on, but the final bits were proving a little difficult for the novice woman. Her task was finally too much and she walked around the corner only half clad. It seemed the skirt had gone on alright but the brunt of the trouble was with the strappy top. One shoulder pad was half off her arm (not from lack of fit but from not being situated right) and fasteners around her midsection were undone. She paced over to Mars, holding the armor at awkward places, and she leaned in a strange way to show her plight.

“A little help here maybe?” She asked as she motioned to the place that she thought all the trouble came from and leaned back to give Mars a better view. By chance it was so terribly close to the round fold of her breast. “Can you get this right? I can't figure out what the problem is...”

<style type="text/css">
.orincones b {font-weight:bold; color:#9251A2; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.orincones-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, normal; font-size:10px; color:#9251A2; text-align:right; }
.orincones p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.orincones {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#40BDDD; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tepops.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #077E9C; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#006680; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

I got permission for this small pp already durrrrp. WC:

When darkness turns to light
It Ends tonight.

There was a few fumbles coming from her, but he had turned to look at Vox and he crossed his hands over his chest. His back leaned against the side of the stall and he huffed lightly, and looked down at his feet. He was moving his toes and watching himself do so, rather bored and uninterested until the woman asked him a question about what he had been talking about. Was talking to Vox. spoke the male, telling her that it wasn't pertaining to her. He did not expect an answer until the woman had been groaning again and then shuffled and then silence again. He looked up at her when she came around the corner, and he tilted his glasses down for his first time in the conversation where his eyes were revealed. He cocked his head and she asked for his help. She came to him, a rather awkward position and he stood up straight. He pushed up his glasses to cover his eyes again and he looked at the part of the strap that wasn't on right.

Don't worry, Krystalle had this issue too, it's confusing until you get used to it. spoke Mars, his cold still slightly cold even though he was helping her. He pulled the straps to where they were right, fixing the shoulder pad that was off. There's an easier way to put this on you know? he spoke, but helped her get it on the way she had been going for. It'll get easier. he reassured her and nodded his head as he went to fix the fasteners around her midsection. He then took a step back and looked at her, and tried to see if he saw anything that was off. Should be good now.. he spoke, nodding his head. He looked at her, and then tilted his head again. Is it comfortable? Too tight anywhere or anything? he asked, making sure she wasn't uncomfortable.

And what were you talking about that you needed me to meet or something? asked Mars, wondering what she had been going on before. She had said that she needed to tell him something, and show him things, and she seemed all too excited. Mars kept in mind that he would be leaving soon, but with every second that passed, the chance of him not staying longer than intended would become less and less.

<style>
.marscatmo .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marscatmo p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marscatmo b {color:#aa83d5; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.marscatmo {background-color:#5b07b8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GGdMg.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c4c3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:459px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 380px 0px; }
.marscatmo-border {width:461px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
500+

When she came around the corner she got a flash of those icy blue eyes, but it only lasted a moment before they were hidden behind the dark lenses again. A moment later the man's deft hands moved to the armor and began adjusting, tightening, loosening, and as he worked she felt things seem to fall into place. Something that had been tugging awkwardly relaxed, another thing that was handing oddly tightened. She was surprised at how it was all coming together.

She nodded whilst trying to hold still enough for him to finish his adjustments. She knew Krystalle was his mate but she hadn't known the woman, his love for the tough mohawked chick having blossomed after she disappeared from Cercatori d'Arte after her child's murder. “I don't know how I'm supposed to get this on by myself,” she mumbled, even though he promised there was an easier way than the mess she had made. Another little adjustment and Mars was all done.

She took a step back and looked down at herself, then looked at him like she was surprised to see that it fit. After the fiasco she had made trying to get it on it was astonishingly comfortable... even though it was still pretty darn uncomfortable. But it was just that she wasn't used to wearing anything so heavy, and the leather, even though well worked by Mars, was still stiff. She moved around a bit, flexing and bending in different ways to test how it feels. “I think... I think it's alright.” She moved her arms and found she still had perfect range of motion in her shoulders – the shoulder pads didn't hinder her at all. It felt a little bulky around the chest but the fit was perfect, and the way he had constructed the strappy leather skirt left her complete flexibility in her legs. After another moment she nodded to Mars. She wasn't exactly sure how armor was supposed to feel, but if she had a guess she thought this might be about right.

“Really good, actually. How did you do all that without one fitting...” she trailed off. He really had made the piece exactly to her measurements, like he knew her size well. She brushed her hands over the leather, feeling the material with the pads of her fingers, and even traced some of the studs and fasteners that held some of it together. The longer she thought about it the bigger her smile grew. She really loved it and it was clear in her expression.

“Oh! That's right!” she squeaked, her face lighting up when she remembered what she wanted to show him. She zipped past him – unconsciously showing how well she could move in the armor – and down a couple stalls to the end compartment. Orin disappeared inside for a moment, and a moment later she came back with a rope in hand... the sound of hooves followed her now, though, and attached to the other end of the rope came a slow, lazy cow. She was brown in coloration, but was fat and happy. She bumped her nose to Orin's shoulder and then looked at Mars with her black eyes. “This is Soraya, my cow. I found her! I take care of the animals now. She's kind of like Axel, but bigger... and not as fluffy...”

<style>
.orinfruitloops p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.orinfruitloops b {color:#fff; font-size:12px;}
.orinfruitloops {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFA8C2; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #680621; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:350px; background-color:#E51851; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /orin3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:5px; padding-top:210px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 579 :: Lalalaa

Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one

Contrary to belief, Krystalle was not Mars' mate. He actually refused many times to take her as his mate. He was under the impression that she did not deserve him and that she was just looking in the wrong places for a mate, especially if she thought that he was a good mate, because he really wasn't. Not unless he actually loved someone. It was hard for him to love because for him to love someone he has to love himself. Infatuation was not hard to come by with the male, but love, love was a different story all together for him. He did not love Krystalle, he cared for her though, and it was his fault that Amon and Paz were around, but there was nothing he could do about it unless he learned to love her, or he waited for the puppies to grow old and realize that there was something wrong with their father and that they didn't want to be around them. Amon seemed to have picked up that something was wrong with the Russo man, but Paz, as smart as she was seemed to either not care (like her mother) or just not notice as much as Amon had.

Either way, the relationship between Mars and Krystalle was a sticky, and very interesting one. The pups held them together in a way, because if Mars was not determined to not do what his father had done to him, then Krystalle would more than likely only see Bartholomew when he came to see her, to have sex with her, to be with Krystalle like a mate would be. Even then, Bartholomew was a lousy mate because he would go and sleep with other women, the man-whore. Mars blamed Rurik for Bartholomew, because it was in the blood to sleep around, and Mars was not known to even want to have sex. You were special if Mars would willingly have sex with you. You were something else entirely for him, for he was an asexual, but far from aromantic.

Orin had spoken to him about how she had no clue how she was going to get it on be herself. He hadn't failed to notice the smell of Shawchert on her, which did disgust him, he just hadn't said or thought much of it. The only thing he could say in response to her words were the following: I'm sure Shawchert will help you out. the name of the giant, ugly, deserter was laced in plain and utter disgust. Then he had stepped back and looked at her, and she had moved around to to assess her movement capabilities, and then she marveled at his ability to assess her body type and size without doing a fitting. He was getting better at it, but Krystalle did help him tremendously. Kryst helped. I mostly did judgement of eye though. I remember what you look like. he spoke to her.

She was a jumper of topics, and she had jumped up and went to a stall and pulled out a lazy fat cow. Mars looked at the beast. He had little reaction, he held back a slight smile. She's pretty. You feed her well enough too. She's your pet eh? Got yourself a horse yet? he asked her, wondering if she had a mount, if that one she had shown up with at CD with one day was her mount.

<style>
.Marskryslove-nina {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Marskryslove-nina img{width:300px; float:left}
.Marskryslove-nina p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Marskryslove-nina p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Marskryslove-nina .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Marskryslove-nina p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Marskryslove-nina b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#816261}
</style>
image © Nina!

[/html]
[html]
400+

Mars was always hard to read but he seemed to approve of the steer, and that made her beam with pride. She had put a lot of work into the cow, feeding her and caring for her, but she was often afraid that she could be caring for her better than she did. Ignorance made it hard to be confident in what she was doing. There was plenty of reference material in the book store… but she wasn’t going in there for her life. “Thank you. Sometimes it’s hard to know you’re doing the right thing.”

She did catch the lilt in his voice when he said Shawchert, too, but she was on to other things and didn’t address it. She didn’t know what Mars’s problem with her courted was, but she was starting to pick up on it, even if at her own slow Orin pace. There was a commotion then as she eased the cow back into her stall, but it looked like they had done this several times and that the act was well practice, not nearly as clumsy as when Orin first found the girl. Soraya was back in her stall and peering at them with her black eyes moments later, and Orin popped back out.

“Nope, no mount yet,” she made a motion towards one of the stalls. Spot, the mare she had been riding that day, was peeking out at her. “But I spoiled her so much she loves me all the same. She belongs to the pack. I’m starting to grow fond of them though. I wouldn’t mind having one to myself, I think.”

She smiled as she walked past Mars, her movement as easy as if she wasn’t even wearing the armor at all, and patted the mare’s snout. After a moment of silence her smile faded, and when her amber eyes turned to Mars again they were shadowed with worry. “I know you’re not really like everybody else,” she said, her voice gentle. “But I know you better and I can tell when something’s wrong. We hadn’t seen each other for months and when I finally found you you acted like you hated me. You still do, a little, but I don’t believe it because you’re still here. You made me the armor, you went to all the trouble to bring it to me… but… you’re still not the Mars I danced with in the costume shop… not the Mars that followed me from the Court all the way here to live next door. What’s up with you?”

<style>
.orinfruitloops p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.orinfruitloops b {color:#fff; font-size:12px;}
.orinfruitloops {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFA8C2; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #680621; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:350px; background-color:#E51851; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #372b1b; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /orin3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:5px; padding-top:210px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Poor poor mars. Never fathomed that he would ever do this. this song has influence on this post +10(1065)

It took her little time for her to try and put away the cow, but it still took some time to get her in there, the steer seeming to be slightly upset that she had to go back in the stall. Mars simply watched silently, and did not offer a finger to help. He listened to the woman though, for she had quickly spoken words to him. She came back out and moved over to the mare he had seen before, and she pet the steed and told Mars that she spoiled that particular one like she was her mare. Why did she not just claim the mare for herself? If no one else was making use of her, and they had other pack horses, then why wouldn't she? Mars did not question this as of yet, but he wanted to. Instead, he nodded his head, drew his arms over his chest and then leaned back against the pole he had been doing so on before. He sighed lightly, slightly getting bored, and it didn't seem like Orin was so keen on jumping subjects again. At least, not to ones that he would be comfortable talking about. Better yet, the next words that came from her mouth were telling him that she knew he was different. No shit, Sherlock Takekuro, when did you figure this one out? The male perked his pierced brow over his glasses but still looked at her through those dark sunglasses.

The girl then went on to speak about how she knew him enough to know that something was wrong. His ears flattened on his head just then, the mismatched black and white resting on the spiked, sap-ridden, chocolate colored hair that was his mane. He snorted as he looked at her through those glasses. His hand went to the edge of them, and he pulled them from in front of his eyes. Those cold eyes returned to the woman, and his pupils sat as pinpoints within the icy blue that his father had so graciously given to him. They were on her, and they would have revealed to her that he was not happy. There was anger, and sorrow mixed in those beautiful eyes of his. He folded the glasses and shoved them in his jacket pocket and then pushed his scarred hands into his pants pockets. He said nothing as she continued to speak. She told him that there was a long time where they did not see each other, and that when she did see him, he acted like he hated her. He did, in a way. In another, twisted way, he still loved her. He still wanted to be back in CdA, living next door to her and her library. He wanted to be the one who courted her. He wanted Juliet and Titania to be his and her children, not hers and Shawchert's. He wanted her to have come to him for protection, for her to tell him that Argul was the one who did this to her, that he needed to kill Argul. He wanted this all to himself. In this world though, in the real world around him, he could not have what he wanted.

She told him that he was not the same Mars that she had met before, that he was different than then. Again, no shit Sherlock Takekuro. You are pretty late to the game, hun. She ended with asking him, what was up with him. He lifted his lips at her to show her those dangerous teeth of his, and a growl emerged from his maw. She was the one who changed him. She was the reason he was the way he was today. You dare tell me that I'm different, Orin? Really? the male asked, cocking his head, with a frown on his face, his teeth not bared this time. You made me like this Orin. You are the reason that I'm angry with you. If you did things differently, I would have never needed to move away, I would have never needed to keep moving away from e-e'erywhere I went his voice actually cracked, it hurt him for his emotions to come out like this, his face was on fire, he wanted to whine, it was choked in his throat. He took his chest fur in his hand, and he dug his claws into his own skin there. We would have been happy together Orin, we would have had a family. I wouldn't have let anyone hurt you! I would have saved you. I would have....l-loved you. his voice cracked again, and grew hoarse for a moment. He could feel himself blacking out a little bit from the rush of emotions that had surged through him. She needed to know all of this though, and she certainly did ask for it. B-but you left me, Orin. Like I was trash, like I could not protect you, like I could not be there for you. Like t-here was something wrong with me. You didn't even look for me when you came back, you let everyone think that you were dead. a whine actually did come from his maw this time, and he looked away from her, wanting this all to end. He didn't want to be here anymore, but he was grounded to his spot. He didn't know why. Maybe it was Bartholomew who made him stay.

You left me like everyone else does. You took a part of me with you, and you let that part of me die while you were pretending to be dead. Then you had the audacity to show up at my borders, at my new home, and then ask me to make you something? he asked, another whine escaping his maw, this had been the most emotion he head ever shown the woman, or at least the only real, sadness emotion that he had shown her, or anyone besides Krystalle for that matter. He bit his bottom lip and he turned away from her. He wanted to walk away, to get on Vox and run away from here, but he just couldn't. His hands fell to his side, another whine came from him. He was broken. You let me die, Orin. Now I'm a monster.

<style>
.marspoint .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marspoint p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marspoint b {color:#7aa4ea; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marspoint i {color:#bc2020; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marspoint {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... bblack.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:420px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b877f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:385px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.marspoint-border {width:387px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC Epic! 1,000+

It seemed that her question spurred something deep within the Russo man and his reaction didn't look good. First he revealed those eyes that Orin had hardly gotten a glimpse of any time she was around him lately as he pocketed his sunglasses, and then when her question was out in the open his entire expression mutated. He went from his apathetic or sometimes somewhat annoyed look to instant... anger? Fear? No... maybe sadness... She wasn't entirely sure how to read it. Anyone else and she could have made her assumption, but Mars never really showed what he was feeling very well.

Then whatever was percolating inside the man finally bubbled over as he snapped back at her. Now it was her turn for her ears to droop, disappearing into her choppy blond hair, her eyes growing wide with surprise and her jaw slack. His words darted from his maw and cut her deep, lancing into her more harshly than he could possibly know.

She made him this way? That just didn't make any sense, how could she have made him this way? He was always like this, ever since she had known him. Quiet and veiled, hiding the talents and wonders of his person deep beneath a harsh exterior. Hell, he had never even told her about Bartholomew, she only ever found out about Mars's other half after the man waltzed right over to her house wondering where he was! Oh no wait... that's not exactly how Mars meant it... He was always hidden but he had been even more withdrawn since she found him in Crimson Dreams. As he expounded upon his claims, she started to understand why.

And his reasons repulsed her... Or at least, they would have if ever word hadn't been laced with such deep seeded emotion. He couldn't possibly know, couldn't possibly understand what she had been through, and if he had said this without the precursor she would have slapped him then and there. But... he was telling her that he loved her... at least to her “would have” and “did” were the same thing. Did he still? The thought wasn't at the forefront but it was there, somewhere... Was he acting like this because he still cared about her... like that?

Then the shock and flattery of it all wore off and his next words sank in and sliced deep. Her expression shifted that moment from shock to anger. “You don't know what the hell you're talking about!” She shouted, poking a bony white finger at his chest. “I didn't just leave you! I didn't just drop you like trash! I was crazy... I was crazy with fear! I would think if anybody could understand what that was like it would be you. Orin had to disappear and she had to fast, there was nothing I could do about it. Argul threatened my children... I watched him...” she choked on her words, took a deep breath, and started again. “I watched him murder my son.” She spoke slowly, deliberately. “Once I knew what he could do... what he would do... I had to make the right choice for the girls. Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but it was the only thing I could come up with at the time. I listened to him, and I ran. When someone takes you down like you're nothing but a piece of grass and then threatens your newborn children you obey.”

Her hands went to her face, fists balled up at her temples like she was trying to block some beast from getting in. Her eyes clenched shut for a minute, and then she opened them again and dropped her arms.

“I couldn't come back. No one could know me. He would have followed me. Orin had to die because she couldn't protect anybody! Do you know what happens out there? What happens when you can't lift a finger to save your children? The only defenses I have are up here,” she poked a finger at her skull. “But it kept my daughters alive. I don't regret any of it.”

Was she stalling? Was she skirting the subject? This had gone on long enough. “I didn't leave you, Mars. I left the danger and I wasn't smart enough to figure out a way to come back until he was dead. I would have gone looking for you but I couldn't do that to the girls anymore. They ran for the first two months of their lives... After I came back here I couldn't just turn their world upside down again. And you can bet your ass I wasn't going to leave them, either. Think about your puppies. They hold you together, don't they? Could you do that to them? Over and over again? I owe them my life. If not for them I would have been killed by Argul or Luci...”

She took a deep breath and changed the subject abruptly. “I didn't know that you left until after I came back.”

Her voice died and all her fight ran out. She was suddenly so tired. Her eyes dropped and she stared at the floor for a minute, thinking about the last thing he said. “You're not a monster. I've seen monsters and you don't even come close.”

It was so overwhelming... Everything that they both said, everything that she relived. She was forced to face it – she couldn't just walk away from Mars like this. In a way he was right, she had left him, even if she couldn't have done anything about it, and he deserved an explanation. But the story was too much, and knowing her friend hurt like this was too much. Her chest heaved as she tried to suppress a sob. She was like that for a long moment before she moved closer to him, and whether he liked it or not her arms came up to wrap around him. .

<style>
.orin-y38 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.orin-y38 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.orin-y38 b {color:#FFEFE5; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.orin-y38 {background-color:#C8B0A1; background-image:url(http://www.solacerp.net/Orin/orintable_moonsie.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; border:1px solid #F3D5C2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#584335; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.orin-y38-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: very epic >:] and i swear Orin does something to Mars' muse gauge >.>' +10(1120)

He should have expected that she would retaliate. She did, and she told him everything. He found himself not caring, not wanting to hear her excuses. The excuse that she was scared. He would have fixed that. That she didn't leave him, that she did not drop him like trash. He didn't believe her words. They were excuses, they were not reasons. Excuse after excuse. If she had come to him, he would have killed Argul, Mars would seek out the male and punish him, himself! Mars had little ability to fight, but he would have found a way with his tooth and claw to kill the male. He knew that he would have done it if he had the chance. Mars did not know this crazy with fear that she had spoken about. He shook his head when she spoke of this. He had never run away because he was scared, he had run away because he needed to. Fear was not a very important word in his vocabulary. She spoke of how she had watched Argul kill her child. Mars knew this much, if only because Mars had yelled at Shawchert about how the giant was inadequate as a leader and a protector of his own children. Mars would have fought to the death for both Paz and Amon, yet the man who once led him could not even take care of the woman he knocked up even though they barely even knew each other. He couldn't stay quiet. He would become Bartholomew if he stayed quiet for too long. Orin, I lived NEXT DOOR to YOU. You could have COME INTO MY HOUSE, and ALERTED ME. I would have PROTECTED YOU, and your GIRLS. Nothing would have stopped me from killing him, even if I died myself, Orin. I would have DIED for YOU. he spat, his lips lifting and showing those same fangs that had ruthlessly ripped through a few unsuspecting loners when he was Hurricane.

She then spoke of how she couldn't come back, and how Argul would have followed her, and how "Orin needed to die". He was still convinced that he would have been able to take down Argul, and then all of the aftermath would have been avoided. He still believed it was her fault for not coming to his house that was next door and waking him up and telling him that she was being attacked, or better yet showing him. Mars believed that he could have ripped the male a new asshole, and then shoved Argul's fat fucking head up it. The excuse of her following the gray coated male's orders still did not fly with him. She then spoke of how Orin couldn't protect anyone. Orin didn't need to protect anyone, she needed to depend on the big strong man that was going to be there to protect her if he had been at her house at the time, or if when she got away, she would have run to strong man's home that was only about ten feet away from her home. Then she denied her leaving him. She explained that she left the danger that was around CdA at the time. Mars growled, almost hissed at the woman's words. I had to leave with my own children, three times I fucking moved, Orin. Three fucking times I moved. I had to bring my shit, My horse, My children, Krystalle, Her fucking horse, her fucking shit, and fucking Axel THREE FUCKING TIMES, Orin. THREE. My children know that I move around so that I could find the best place for them and me. They understand, and your girls should have understood as well. If they need to have their lives usurped a few fucking times, then so be it. growled the male, tired of her stupid excuses. Then she dared to tell him that she didn't know he had left until after she had come back. Did she really think that he would stay under the command of a fucking idiot who couldn't protect his own family, much less his packs' families? Mars was smarter than that. He most certainly was.

Not only that, but where the fuck was Shawchert all this fucking time? Looking for a killer in the packlands when the killer already did the fucking damage and then left? Is his nose fucking broken? Is he fucking mentally retarded? You think that if he can't protect his own children from a murderer that he would be able to protect myself, or Krystalle from a murderer? With as much as you smell like him right now, do you think he would be able to protect YOU from another murderer? I don't even think so, he's nothing but a big fucking pussy. Nothing but a big, fucking piss-shit coward. he was still enraged, unwilling to drop any of this, because she had asked him why he was being like this, and here was the answer. It was all because of her stupid mistakes. She told him that he was not a monster, that she had seen monsters before. She had yet to see Hurricane, she did not know that Hurricane was the monster that was created after she had abandoned him. There was no way he could tell her these things, nor could he admit that Mars, nor Bartholomew were the sires of Amon and Paz, but Hurricane was, and he had brutally raped Krystalle to make the children. If only she knew, if only she knew about the monster that he truly was.

Truth is, if she did know about the monster she had created, she would probably have Mars executed, or she would run away from him for as long as she could. Only Krystalle seemed to understand what had happened to him, and she dared not tell anyone that Mars was now three people, and one of them was a homicidal sociopathic maniac. If she did know, she would probably want nothing to do with him, nor would she be able to control Hurricane. No one could control that bastard.

He couldn't find it in himself to pull away from her, instead, he wrapped his own arms around her, to embrace her, to feel her warm body against his own. He loved hugs. He loved them. He loved her. He wanted to be with her, but he knew, deep down in his heart, he knew that she would never, ever be his. He was never going to be good enough for the woman. He did not like knowing this, but he did know at least this much.

<style>
.marspoint .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.marspoint p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.marspoint b {color:#7aa4ea; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marspoint i {color:#bc2020; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.marspoint {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... bblack.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:420px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b877f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:385px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.marspoint-border {width:387px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

800+

It didn’t matter what she said, Mars didn’t want to forgive her for anything. She thought if she just explained it she might be able to get it through that thick skull to one of his minds, but Mars wasn’t up for it. Her only hope was Bartholomew… if the man understood and could just explain it to Mars… But she wasn’t about to appeal to his other half right now. She was getting angrier and angrier at Mars and she didn’t want the other to take over. She wanted Mars to deal with all of this.

She had moved to him to hug him, to try to end the argument and make up then, and he willingly accepted her embrace with all the passion of a man in love. But the embrace only lasted so long, because the words he spoke echoed in her mind and built up inside of her. Why didn’t he get it? It was plain to see… then again, to him, she wasn’t seeing his point either, but Orin didn’t recognize that, she could only see it her way.

A moment passed and she pulled away from him as though she hadn’t been the one to initiate the hug. She glared at him with molten eyes. “You’ll never understand, will you?” her voice was flat and cold, like the realization had frozen her blood. She turned her back on him and moved away, hugging herself as she turned a blank stare to the floor. She was calmer now, still shuddering with sobs that she tried to keep under control.

Or maybe she didn’t get it… she finally thought. She nodded slowly. “Okay, you had to do it too. Maybe our children went through just as much.”

She was quiet again for a moment. Where was Shawchert? That’s right… where was Shawchert when all of this happened? He was supposed to be the alpha wolf of Cercatori d’Arte at the time. She had just given birth to his pups but he was… “With Sky.” She whispered. She had never really thought about it before, she had never blamed Shawchert, but if he had just stuck by the book store instead of been lounging around all cozy with the Katruk woman then maybe Argul wouldn’t have gotten away. If he had never made it to the flower fields, Demetrius could still be alive. She wouldn’t have left… she wouldn’t have been used like she was by Lucifer, and her daughters wouldn’t have had to spend the first few months of their life on the run. Where had his instinct been then? Was he so disconnected with his wolf heritage that he hadn’t felt the need to stay by his family’s den? She always told herself it wasn’t like that… but really, her children were bastards and she had just been the whore who carried them.

Orin shook her head so fervently she nearly rattled her brain. She didn’t want to think of it like that, didn’t want to believe it. And even if so, things were different now. She was going to be married to Shawchert… he had proposed. That meant that he took everything back, right? That he did actually love her. That the fact that he wasn’t there had just been a mistake… a freak accident… But she couldn’t shake the knowledge of where he had been – or at least, where she thought he was when it happened. “He was with Sky, the woman he loved.” Was he only with her because Sky had left him? …yes. She was sure of it. Shawchert had been engaged to Sky, exactly like they were now, with a ceremony in the works and everything. But it was she who left him, Shawchert never would have left Sky for Orin. She was only second best.

She wanted to scream at Mars for the things he was saying. She wanted to deny his accusations about Shawchert, tell him he was wrong and fight for her love’s honor, but she couldn’t. She couldn’t find it in her to feel like he was completely wrong, even if his calloused words were clouded with bias. Before this conversation started she wanted to tell Mars that they were engaged. Now she didn’t even have the heart to tell him, and it wasn’t just because of what he had revealed about himself.

She would have looked over her shoulder but she knew he would be standing there in his anger and in his grief and probably looking oh so smug because he was right. She couldn’t bare to see those exotic blue eyes right now. Instead of turning around she moved over to the open area and sat down on a crate, pulling her knees up to her chest and hugging them… surprisingly able to do this maneuver in the skilled leather work Mars had done. Guilt quickly washed over her and she started to think that maybe he was right. Maybe she had made some stupid judgment calls then, and no manner of reasoning was excuse.

“You’ll never forgive me.” It was a statement, not a question. “I did the best I could. I’m sorry if it hurt you, Mars, but I didn’t know… I didn’t know… anything. I thought I was saving what I could and that life could go on now that he’s dead. I thought… I guess I was wrong.”

<style type="text/css">
.orin-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#293412; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orin-a01{width:400px; background-color:#8F9674; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/orintable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D3F29; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: pp done with permission +696

He would never understand, would he? He asked himself this, once, twice, three times over again, and he looked at her, his icy orbs on the woman. She dared to glare at him, to try to break him down. He was already broken, how dare she try to break him down even further with anger in those normally kind eyes of hers. He growled. He decided then that he would never understand because he would never be her, he would never let himself fall into a situation where he would not be able to fight his way tooth and claw out of. She moved away from him. He turned toward her, and he stared at the back of her head. His fur was bristled, and his tail was curled over his rump. He huffed angrily and he stood there. He did not speak now. He refused to right now. This would not last long though. It was only a matter of time before people started to wonder what the fuck was going on to where there was yelling in the stables though. Leaving here was not a good idea though. going back to her place meant that there would be a chance to run into stupid Shawchert. He was the last person that Mars wanted to see right now, because if he did see Shawchert, there was no way that Mars would be able to hold back Hurricane.

When Mars had brought up Shawchert though, the woman whispered something but she was too far away from him for him to really hear her correctly. He was still silent and then he listened as she finally decided to speak up. She spoke to him, and told him that Shawchert was with Sky. He assumed that she meant Katruk. Mars snorted. Just because he loved someone else, does not mean he should have left you alone. the male growled, and his ears fell back against his head again. Loved? Does that mean that they broke up? So much for that then. He risked his children for someone who he doesn't even love anymore. How pathetic. Mars was all about smothering the name of Shawchert. Almost anything to make Mars look better in comparison. He was not above smothering the name of people he hated. He could and would do it all day if he had the chance to do it.

She moved more away from him to a more open place. She sat on a crate, and he too, moved towards her. If only to hear her better. He was not smug looking, he simply reverted back into his emotionless gaze and face, though his pupils were still small in his eyes. He still looked at her as well, and her blonde hair. He missed the pink, and the dreads, truthfully. This new look was weird on her, and it was not the Orin that he knew and loved once upon a time. She dared to speak to him, telling him that he would never forgive her. She had never said sorry to him. She paused and then continued, and finally, finally apologized to him. He sighed lightly and he moved over to her. He moved and he knelt down in front of her, and he pushed through her barriers that she put up just then to block him out. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him, and he put his cheek to her chest. You don't know that I won't forgive you. You never said sorry until just now. his words were soft, and in his normal tone, the one that was not warm, but not cold either. It was calm.

What else did you want to tell me Orin? he asked, changing the subject again. He would not tell her that he had forgiven her, but he wouldn't tell her that he didn't forgive her. This was because he didn't know if he would or not, but he didn't want her to assume that he would not do so, because he just might forgive her. He just wasn't sure of his own emotions anymore.

<style type="text/css">
.mars {width:400px; background-color:#000; border:1px solid white; padding:10px;}
.mars2 {padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.mars b {color:#6A6A6A; font-family:georgia;}
.mars p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

500+

The woman moved away from Mars to sit alone in the dank spot of the stables, but he wouldn't leave her to suffer alone. He followed her to that spot and as much as she wanted to Orin couldn't make herself feel alone, no matter how sorry she was feeling. He was there for her despite the vein of their conversation, and when he moved to embrace her she didn't stop him. In fact, somewhere in the back of her mind she thought about how much she liked it when he did this – when she got such a strong reaction out of the usually withdrawn Russo man.

But he had said something that made her freeze, her breath catch in her throat and hold for a long moment. Her eyes widened and she stared forward. She had forgotten that she was going to tell him, forgotten that he didn't already know. 'Does that mean they broke up?' Mars wasn't around when Sky left Shawchert. He didn't know they were separated until now... and that means he didn't know that Shawchert was courting Orin. Somehow it seemed suddenly wrong to have to tell him that.

She held onto his words of forgiveness, letting them echo like a mantra in her mind while she pondered just how to tell him. Of course, he hadn't actually said he forgave her now, but to Orin it had been enough. To the girl that molded reality to fit her own fantastical views, he had accepted her apology and that wound in their relationship was on its way to a quick recovery. Now she had to tell him... To tell him the news that at first she thought he would be happy to hear. So much had changed in the few minutes since they entered the stables. It was like reality had sidestepped and turned on her. Somehow it felt inappropriate to tell him now.

Her eyes finally broke their blank stare into the darkness, and she shifted gently until he was in her view. She looked into his eyes and it was obvious that she had something to say that she didn't want to tell him. But she couldn't lie to him, couldn't hold it back. What kind of new start would their friendship have then?

“Sky and Shawchert broke up,” instead of singing it in her usual happy tone it sounded more like she was going to tell him that someone had died. “Sky's with Taliesin now. They're trying to have a family.” The kind of thing she felt cheated on. The kind of thing she thought she wanted from Shawchert... until now.

“Shawchert and I have been seeing each other... for a little while, since I've been back. I was going to tell you that he proposed to me. I won't accept a mating without a ceremony though... we don't have an exact date yet. Some time soon...” She didn't even know why she was still talking. At least she didn't say, 'and you're invited' like she was going to do before.

<style type="text/css">
.orintreeline-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.orintreeline b {font-weight:bold; color:#816f6f; letter-spacing:1px}
.orintreeline p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orintreeline {margin:0 auto; background-color:#e2e4f6; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/vpca54.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a09eb0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:370px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html] <style type="text/css">.jtable {background:#c8daf0 url(http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8089/jacobycopy.jpg) no-repeat bottom center;margin:0 auto;width:490px;border:1px solid #E9ECF5;outline:1px solid #000;}
.jtable .in {padding: 10px 10px 280px 10px; font-family:arial, sans serif; font-size:1.1em; line-height:1.3em; color:#1a313d}
.jtable b { font-family:georgia;color:#000}
.jtable p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:25px;}
.jtable .ooc {font-size:0.95em; font-style:italic;}
.jtable .line {margin-bottom:5px;margin-top:5px;border-bottom:1px dotted #a8c0cc;}
</style>

O high, this is the last post of this thread :o +652

There was a look that Orin was giving the male, and he, being as emotionally retarded as he was, did not get it right away. It took him a moment of actually looking at her to figure out that she was trying to tell him something but her mouth was not letting the words fall from her tongue. He could only wonder what she was going to say, and there was something that he thought and wished she would say, but of course, in this real world, there was no such thing as Mars getting what he wanted. Orin finally seemed to get that look off her face and her voice turned dark as she spoke of Sky and Shawchert breaking up. It was no surprise really, Shawchert was a fucking idiot and Mars couldn't find any reason why any female would want to be with him, other than the fact that he had been leader at the time. Since he was not leader now (he assumed since Cercatori did not smell of Shawchert's base smell rather Skye's smell) then there was no reason for Sky to want to be with him. Mars assumed that Sky Katruk was only interested in power because of their last encounter, where Sky had ordered Mars, a higher ranked wolf, around like he was a lower rank than she was, only because she was engaged to Shawchert or whatever. He got frustrated just thinking about the dog woman who dared to stand up to him for no reason. Stupid bitch.

He was dragged into the real world again with the woman's next words. His icy blue eyes were wide for a moment before he let go of the woman, and he backed up, and stood straight. He did not say anything yet. His hands went to his shades and he unfolded them and put them over his eyes quickly. He then growled lightly. Marrying him will be the biggest mistake of your life, Orin. He's not good enough for you, and he certainly is not as intelligent as anyone gives him. But go ahead, be stupid along with him, let him let you be murdered, or whatever next litter you have with him be murdered and then let him not be able to catch the murderer because he's so fucking stupid. And unfaithful. snarled Mars before he turned away from her in a hurry and he had quickly moved to the stall Vox was in, he opened the gate and quickly mounted Vox and with that, he took off towards him, straight out of CDA first and then southeast towards his home where he was safe from the stupidity of Shawchert Menue and sadly, away from Orin Takekuro. It hurt him to leave, and to say those words to her, to call her stupid, but he could have said worse, and he would have if he didn't love her so much. It was hard to leave either way. Hopefully she would think about all he had said today, and he wouldn't have said such things in vain.

Mars almost whined as he ran away from her, Vox at a full gallop out of the lands of Cercatori. It wasn't like he was going to be able to talk this out with Krystalle either, because the Spanish woman was a jealous woman and she would accuse him of still loving Orin. It was true that he did, but part of him, Bartholomew, loved Krystalle, and it wasn't fair for Krystalle to have to share Mars with Orin, because Orin barely understood Mars and his issues, Krystalle had seen him when he was Hurricane, she had seen him as Bartholomew, and as Mars. She knew what he was, Orin...Orin was innocent to the crimes that the Russo male committed under the influence of another person's mind.

[/html]