Magicians and Fools
[html]

Word Count :: 3+ Ahh sorry! Is there not a darker streak on the very top then? I will edit :3

The room was certainly not luxuriantly furnished, but Caspa with her monk's aesthetic had even less to her name. Her room didn't even have a bed, or a blanket. The walls were white, and the window empty of glass. Terra's was simple and serviceable, but far more comfortable too. She moved around it slowly, wondering at the strength of the musk that was present. The coywolf had said she was a newcomer, but her scent was as powerful as if the girl was present herself. Stepping very lightly on her long limbs, Caspa nosed the torn-down curtains, then the mattress - very soft - jumped onto it, moved to the window and peered out at the darkening sky - and then looked at the door, considering that perhaps Terra hadn't followed her, perhaps she was still waiting out there for Caspa to come back and declare the search over. She must have the patience of a saint, if that was so. Caspa supposed she'd better go and see. She hopped off the mattress, landing near the closet, and something made her move over to it. What did a wolf like Terra keep in her closet? It looked like a pile of furs, but must be her clothes - the air smelled much like Terra was standing right in front of her. Suspicious, she squinted and thought she caught the slightest of movements. Oh, so that was how it was. She had been taken for a fool indeed. She was tempted to bestow praise upon the fire-wolf for her final trick, but considered there was at least a little dignity left to salvage. "Huh," she murmured aloud. "Terra does not keep her room in the best of order, it seems. I will just tidy up a little." She turned and grasped one of the ripped curtains in her teeth, then with an almighty swing threw it at the innards of the closet towards what she was almost certain was Terra herself.

Image courtesy of ®DS @ flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Fred1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Fred1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Fred1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5a6f80; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fred1 {background-color:#e7e8e9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcbec1; line-height:16px; width:427px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/899/casx.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:211px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Fred1-border {width:429px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra watched Caspa move around the room. She investigated the mattress, and peered out the window. Terra thought it was a gorgeous view herself, overlooking the inner lands of the pack. From there Terra could see the movements of various pack members and what they were doing. Caspa bounced over to the closet, causing Terra to flinch slightly. Inwardly she scolded herself, the slight movement drawing the dog's attention.

She didn't seem a hundred percent sure it was Terra though. Terra could have screamed when one of the curtains was picked up from where she'd left it. It had made such a nice lining for the inside of her nest, yet Caspa had gone and messed that up. Still, she wasn't going to give up her hiding place that easily. She didn't move as the curtain wafted towards her, falling just a few inches short. Terra didn't stir, waiting for another couple minutes to pass, before uncurling her body.

She stretched out her body, stiff from being curled so tightly. Terra grinned up at the female. Good job finding the necklace. I'll do better next time though. She punctuated the remark with a playful swipe of her paw, removing the necklace without stirring a hair. Grinning Terra held the necklace in her mouth for a moment before placing it back around Caspa's neck.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 3+ This be a strange, strange post.

The curtain settled onto the floor almost - but not quite - inside the closet where she'd intended it to fall. She'd missed the curled form of what looked and smelled like Terra, but nothing could be done now. She was sure that her false words would have sounded like an obvious fiction, and the fall of the material near the other wolf would have let her know she had been spotted. But the furry form did not stir, and Caspa stared at it blankly. What was the game-mistress playing at? Was she still trying to pretend she wasn't there - it was working slightly, Caspa was starting to doubt her own senses, perhaps they'd played a trick on her too - or perhaps Terra had fallen asleep, or was feeling antisocial and wanted to be left alone, or had died. Or, not. Caspa sat down and waited for the situation to make sense, feeling that if she was still and calm for long enough, enlightenment would come. Thankfully, she was only there a minute before - to an unprompted wag of her long white tail, revealing relief that did not show on her equally long face - the fox fur got up and stretched itself out, before stealing her necklace once more. Caspa half-lidded her eyes, but she was impressed nevertheless. "You may be sneaky, but slow and steady works too," came her haughty tones, and she rather regretted her own voice at that point. She wanted to be sharp and quicksilver like this girl. But that would never be her talent, and she knew she had her own strengths. "What are you going to do now you have learned the art of supreme stealthiness? Will you be using your powers for good?" Her head tilted to one side, an idea forming there. "I must ask, now that your ability is on my conscience as a willing assistant." She realised she was sitting on Terra's curtain. Perhaps she should try and throw it at her again, when she was off her guard. It was still getting to her that she'd missed her shot before. But then, it had been a stupid idea in the first place. Not that Caspa cared about looking stupid. In fact, she rather revelled in it, considering it a good sign that she had conquered whatever ego she had been born with in the first place.

<style>
.K22911_Fred1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5a6f80; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fred1 {background-color:#e7e8e9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcbec1; line-height:16px; width:427px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/899/casx.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:211px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Fred1-border {width:429px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra lazily scratched her ear. That may be true, but I don't have the patience to wait and find out. Quick and sneaky works for me! Terra's tail wagged happily. Caspa had been a good match for her, forcing Terra to consider all kinds of new hiding places. She'd stuck to her lupus form this time, but next time Terra would be brave and trying using one of the other forms. After all, practice made perfect. She may be super stealthy in lupine form, but that didn't mean she was the best. Terra would learn to dance with the shadows one day, just like the ancestors in the stories she was told growing up.

Tail wagging Terra considered Caspa's words. I haven't really thought about how I use it. Use it when it's convenient, use it when it gets me what I want. Is there an actual purpose for it? Terra's skill had been developed to keep her from starving while on her own. This meant the line between need and want was thin, hard to watch. Each game was a test of her skills to get better, each thievery another space between her and death. Do you have a suggestion, glorious assistant? Terra winked, a gentle tease in her voice.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 3+

Oh, this girl must have spent some time as a loner, perhaps new to pack life as well as this particular pack. Or it could be just her character that meant she was seeing things from an independent perspective. But again, her honesty was refreshing, even if lacking in any notable amount of fellow-feeling. Caspa wasn't quite sure where her thoughts were taking her, but she knew that it was her sharing spirit that drove the newly forming mind-pictures. "You could show people." she said slowly. "Make a performance out of bewildering and delighting them. Play such spectacular tricks so that they give you rewards, rather than simply thieving their goods." It was a bolt of inspiration from nowhere, and she had a strong feeling Terra would just laugh at her. Caspa was ready to be laughed at, in any case, but she would have felt equally stupid just keeping her idea to herself because she was too shy to speak. She wasn't shy: the lean Miracles mongrel was insubstantial physically but never lacked for mental steel, although she was lost for further words for the moment, considering the fact that she had just been called 'glorious' had taken her aback somewhat. She would have loved to deny that she had ever looked for glory, in any form, but suspected this was not absolutely true - why else would she write and draw sometimes with chalk where others would see? Why else would she learn to throw patterns, if not hoping someone would watch some day? And there was her adornment - the very necklace in question. Yes, she was just as tainted by pride as anybody, and deep down she knew it, even understanding that priding herself on her own transparency was just another manifestation of the same pride. And what did she really have to be proud of compared to the intriguing Terra? Hardly anything, it seemed.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra stared at Caspa in disbelief. Her talents being used to amuse people was odd to her mind. She was still learning and improving on her gift, yet Caspa felt that it was good enough to befuddle people. Terra couldn't help but laugh at that. Why on earth would people reward me for an amateur's tricks? There are people much better than me out there. Besides, I'm still learning. She had no problems putting on a show for others, but saw little point in showing something she was sure most others knew.

Her opinion would have been quite different if Terra knew that the talents she took for granted were uncommon. But for Terra to show off something so simple was something only a pup could get away with. Terra paused, thinking things over. Something a pup could get away with. A mischievous grin painted her face as she considered it in this new light. Canines wouldn't pay to see such paltry tricks from an adult, but puppies were precious, and as one she could be showered with gifts. All she'd have to do was pretend that she was younger than she really was.

The best part was that it wouldn't be that difficult. She was a hybrid, making it difficult to guess what her full grown size ought to be. If she acted more wolf like, and made sure not to shift, Terra could pass as someone much younger. With that in mind, the audience would be much more captivated by her tricks, even if they could see through it. She'd need help, of course. You know, that actually sounds like a good idea. You'd perform with me, wouldn't you?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 5+

Caspa wasn't concerned about the actual level of Terra's ability. Truthfully, she hadn't seen much of it yet. But the speed of her thought and actions and her predilection towards games of stealth and deception were all she had needed to see to give her the idea. She had always been driven towards being some kind of shepherd of other canines, eager to improve others' lives in any way she could, and so far had not really managed this to any extent, her inhibitions and stringent lifestyle making it hard to go the entertainment road alone. A livewire like Terra was all the reinforcement she would need, if the woman felt eager enough about the idea. She was laughed down at first, as expected, but for different reasons. The coy-wolf still saw herself as an apprentice. But of course there would be a need to learn, practice and improve before the show was ready to roll: that didn't affect the final goal. Caspa felt she had a valid argument, but Terra cut her short before she'd spoken. Was she a mind-reader too?

She began by answering the question, which secretly delighted her. "I could play my part," she answered, sure that she could make herself useful somehow despite her inferior talent. "And yes, of course you probably still have a lot of room for improvement, but I'm sure you could conjure up some simple tricks very quickly." Caspa had an analytical, mechanical mind, and had once been very impressionable - before her personality became utterly set in stone. She didn't really understand how, but she could just see how it could work, how someone with the right flair for distraction and lighting-fast movement might seem to turn reality on its head, because everybody was impressionable and suggestible in some ways, as she had once been to extremes. She was extraordinarily excited about the thought, so much so that it almost showed on her sternly static face with a lift of the brows and parting of dark lips, but it was hard to find the words to explain to Terra. She decided to show her, although of course she could not produce the effect in reality. She lifted a hindpaw and scratched behind her ear absent-mindedly, as if giving herself a couple more seconds to form the thought into words. "You could make somebody doubt reality, just for as long as you wanted. For example, while I was just speaking I have removed my necklace and it is back around your neck, which of course may seem impossible." She hadn't, of course. But she just knew that with the right training and insight, a clever wolf could make this really happen. What she had done was hide the necklace under a forepaw, after flicking it down with her hindleg when scratching the itch. Hopefully, this incongruous motion had gone unnoticed and perhaps for a split-second, Terra would experience for herself the kind of thing Caspa was trying to talk about.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

blah

Caspa's confident words actually had Terra checking down to see if she was wearing it. She hadn't been paying attention to the necklace, so the probability of it being moved without her noticing was quite high. It wasn't there though, and she laughed as she spotted it under the older dog's paw. It really had been a clever movement, one that she herself had often used. Usually it was for taking food when she was starving, but this situation had the same principles. “Quick movement and a flair, huh?” Terra's words were almost a mutter to herself as she thought about was she was being asked to do. It would take some practice, tuning down the audacity of the tricks and making it last longer. Most of them only lasted long enough for Terra to make her escape. This would have to last until the audience gave up.

Playfully Terra reached up, batting at Caspa's ears with a paw. "You really expected me to fall for that, huh? And it worked!" The idea was getting more and more exciting as Terra thought about it. Caspa could use her throwing knives, she had said she knew how to use them. Terra wasn't too sure how it would work in a show but displays of weaponry were great in her mind. She didn't have much experience with them, so any chance to watch someone do that was amazing. Terra could have dupes from the audience become her willing victims, and they wouldn't be able to get mad at her. She grinned cheerfully. Our first performance will be for the king, of course. She didn't want to get in trouble playing tricks on pack members, so a quick check would be used to secure that.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

[html]

Word Count :: 3+

As Terra glanced down for the smallest of moments, Caspa couldn't help but grin, although it was an expression that didn't reach her indomitable eyes. "And how surprised you would have been if it was there," she said in a persuasive tone, certain that with practice, that was the sort of thing that could be done. She was utterly taken with her idea, because it would be such fun to watch and an excellent brainteaser for her calculating mind to work on - both solving and inventing the sleight-of-hand puzzles. She couldn't force Terra to do anything, though, of course: the other wolf was the one with the talent, and it was up to her to develop it. Caspa felt she could certainly help with a few ideas of her own, given some time to think, but she couldn't see herself performing them. She was too obvious and straight-forward, too serious. Any strange movement she made would be picked up on. She just hoped that Terra could see the same glorious vision she could. It seemed likely she did, however, speaking ambitiously of their first target - Vigilante, was her suggestion. Caspa lifted a brow. "That will be a challenge," she commented. The King was a sharp and intelligent character, as proven by his prolonged leadership and successful tactics during the war, although she'd admittedly seen very little of him in all her time in the Court. "We had better get started." She got up and looked around the room. There wasn't much to work with here, although she was sure that if they had a look around the hotel, they'd find plenty of interesting props straight away. The curtain drew her attention again, though, first. "Could you lie flat beneath that, and then when I drag it away, crawl along under it it so it looked like you really had moved?" It wasn't much of a trick, but it might tie into something else. Caspa was certain Terra had learned plenty of them in her time alone, considering how keen she'd seemed to be to practice with the white hound.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Terra glanced down at the curtain. She wasn't too sure what Caspa was asking her to do. Moving under the curtain would serve very little purpose, just showing a bulge as she moved along. If Caspa wanted a trick though, there must be some idea that she was thinking of. A trick of the mind. Studying the curtain Terra thought about what it could be that was wanted. The idea seemed simple enough. Be covered in the curtain and then move. It clicked in her head. Caspa was asking for a false hiding spot! Terra had used them before when getting rid of the more persistent of her pursuers. The idea was to convince them they were in one spot, and really be in another without giving away the movement.

Granted, Caspa's version was much more simplistic, and pulling off the maneuver from under a curtain would be difficult. How would she manage to make herself disappear? Speed would play a part. Once Caspa removed the curtain Terra would be able to make her move, not fading until the last moment. A place to move to would be more difficult though. Pondering the plot Terra glanced around her room. It was sparse, exactly what she wanted in a place she slept. It's difficult to sneak up on someone when there's nowhere to hide. Terra was just about to attempt that though. Nervous Terra crouched down. She'd never done this before. It was a master's trick, being able to make oneself invisible with nothing to use as a disguise.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

[html]

+3

The picture in Caspa's head, which had - like many of her ideas - fallen into the wasteland of not being explained well enough, was a manner of holding the fabric in such a way as to disguise Terra being beneath it. Then, she could drag the curtain along and Terra could use it as a cover to move to another point, where she could later pop out from mysteriously. If Caspa could hold the fabric up as she tugged at it enough to let Terra slip away behind, keeping very low, the effect might work. She had no way of knowing if they were on the same page or not, but the theories could only become reality through experimentation. And now, they were scientists as well as sneaks.

Caspa stood up at the same moment Terra crouched down, lifting her light body away from the curtain and backing up enough to pull it into her jaws. Then, sizing up the distance much more intently this time she bounded forwards, dragging a corner of it with her so that the curtain flared out in a wide arc and came billowing down over the prone coyote-cross. One corner was still clutched between her teeth, so the curtain would not fall entirely flat. Now, if Terra could get out from under it without making herself obvious, that would be a good start. Whether or not she'd made her intentions clear was by no means certain, but she didn't really care if they had their lines crossed - whatever happened next was bound to be illuminating in one way or another. Besides, she'd been trying to drape Terra in a curtain since she'd first seen her inside the closet. It was about time she succeeded in her pointless but amusing mission.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]
[html]
OOC prepare for fail

As the curtain settled over her Terra waited. There really was nothing else to do. Underneath Terra could see the torn sections and holes that had been created. She could only hope that wouldn't ruin the effect of the movement. She settled down deeper underneath, doing her best not to move. Bits of her fur stuck through the holes, but otherwise it might as well have just been a dead pelt underneath. She'd flattened herself as far as she was able while still being able to make a quick getaway.

It was dusty beneath the curtain. Terra had no idea how long it had been like that. She hadn't cared before either since she'd been sleeping on top of it. Experiencing the underside made her wish she'd cared more about the state of it before this happened. Loose furs clung around, with bits of dust tickling her nose. Terra felt a tickle building, and desperately tried to stop it. Her efforts were worthless though, as she sneezed. The curtain billowed upwards, revealing a very embarrassed coyote.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.

Terra was really an insubstantial figure: much like Caspa, but not as lanky perhaps. When she flattened herself under the falling material, she did seem to vanish, at least from the dog's perspective. So far so good - now to pull it across the floor, bringing the hopefully crawling Terra with her, maybe towards the closet so she could try to sneak out... but then the sound of a sneeze broke the quiet and dust puffed out in all directions. Caspa found herself coughing and spluttering too, and dropped the curtain. She swiped at her muzzle with her paw, trying to reduce the itching, and gave Terra a highly amused sidelong glance. "That was not very stealthy, but it was funny. Maybe you should be a clown as well as a trickster." She took up the curtain again and shook it away from Terra, trying to get all the dust off, but more and more kept puffing out. The room was getting a little hazy, and Caspa felt a pang of guilt. She'd come here and ruined the bed, before revealing it to be fusty and musty and possibly mouldy too and now she'd spread the dust to all four corners of the bedroom. She nosed the door open a crack to let the cloud dissapate and looked back at Terra over her shoulder, hoping she'd composed herself since the sneeze attack. "Want to find some fresher air to practice in?"

Image courtesy of h.koppdelaney @ flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CasPaG .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_CasPaG p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_CasPaG b {font-family:verdana; color:#958278; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CasPaG {background-color:#4d4c4a; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#bea998; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3f3f3b; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/699/caspaw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:277px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #bea998; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CasPaG-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:8px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

She didn't find Caspa's reaction in the least bit amusing. Terra had been getting prepared to do her first real big trick only to have it completely ruined. Caspa's laughter stung a little, but she quickly shrugged it off. If it had been her Terra would have been gasping for breath from laughing so hard. It wasn't a surprise to find herself as the butt of the joke occasionally, as little as she liked it. It just meant someone had bested her, and the person that bested her was always worthy of respect and humor. Being defeated by dust didn't lend that opportunity though, leaving her slightly sulky.

Terra brightened up at the idea of going elsewhere to practice. Her sparse room had managed to turn into a mess by her standards, but she wasn't too concerned with cleaning up yet. Heading out to find more supplies for their games sounded like a lot of fun. We can check out some of the empty rooms for supplies. I also know a pretty quite place outside we can head to. Terra wasn't too sure how frequently her quiet place was trafficked, but it was isolated enough that she felt confident they'd have privacy. If Caspa had a better idea she was all for it, but for now she shifted into optime, ready to help grab the things they wanted.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3 blah, blah 8D

The fox-fur Comtessa didn't seem best pleased by her dusty misadventure, but she didn't look horribly put out either. Caspa had the feeling that she was the kind of person who wasn't easily dismayed by anything. It did bring it home to her how much practice and experimentation they had to do if they were ever going to follow through with their spur of the moment plan, but she wasn't impatient to get anywhere fast. Figuring this stuff out was going to be at least as interesting and amusing as showing off the results. The hotel was stuffy enough without being doused by Terra's sneeze-dust and the white hound was glad of the chance to relocate to cleaner air, but the thought of scouting for useful props amongst the human hotel-junk was also tempting. Enthusiasm was rare for Caspa but she didn't want to get over-excited and seem like she was taking charge. Terra was really the mastermind here, because she was the genuine trickster and Caspa the assistant. Although she knew she could help with ideas as well, she didn't think she had any kind of relevant talent: not enough to make her the equal in terms of performing. Presence in front of others was innate, not learned. It was confidence and skill, but it was also a knack for vibrating with a certain kind of energy, a magnetism that worked a little like charisma, and drew the eye when attention was desired. All this she could see in her minds eye: the audience, and the wolf who trained them to eat out of her hand. That figure was not distinct, but the fire within was something she was certain she could also see in Terra: not that she would be able to find a way to explain this strange notion to the girl she barely knew. All she could do for the moment was respond to the simple plan Terra had just laid out for them. "Perfect," was all she said, but of course that one word conveyed her satisfaction with both suggestions. Again Terra made one of her fluid changes and Caspa huffed with mock-envy. "I will have to catch up," she muttered as she began the shift herself, knowing she had an action-packed interlude of a minute or two of slow metamorphosis before she could once more rise to stand erect on her two Optime hindlimbs.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC slight pp for them moving around

With both of them shifted Terra lead the way out of her dusty room. She didn't really have a clue what exactly Caspa was looking for, just that it would be used in tricks. Terra's idea of a trick was something understated, drawing the eye away. Yet the image Caspa gave Terra was of brightness, something people couldn't help but watch. The idea was intriguing, even if she had no real idea about how to go about it. The best way to start, she figured, would be by finding intriguing things themselves. If they wanted to capture one's attention, it had to be something worth watching. Terra had done this using her own bright fur as a distraction, keeping their attention on her movements rather than what was around them.

It took some time for them to pass by the rooms occupied by pack members. The sections where items were kept were further down, tucked into a corner few entered. Cheerfully she pushed open a door. Terra stepped in and looked at the furniture around them. A bright red armchair sat in one corner, part of it torn and eaten by mice. All the blankets they could wish for were scattered through the room, along with various things Terra didn't even have names for. They had all been part of the rooms at one point, either as decorations or something the humans actually used. It was perfect for their scavenging. Terra glanced back at Caspa, waiting for her approval. See anything you like?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Caspa followed behind her new companion, mind still ticking along its mechanical, inventor-like tracks. Of course, they would need props that drew the eye: drew attention. The point of tricks, indeed, was to be underhand and difficult to detect - that was the only way they could be pulled off without notice. But in a performance situation, the distraction or cover provided had to be something produced at the exact same time as the trick was being carried out, and it had to be flashy and lively in order to keep attention safely distracted. Actions, words and gestures could probably do that, but so too could interesting props. At the other side of the hotel, the rooms seemed larger and more communal and this was where Terra led the mismatched pair to before choosing a room with red furnishings and scattered human paraphernalia. The angular wolf-dog placed her hands on her hips as she inspected the interior. "I think perhaps the mirror. I wonder if we could turn it into a box to hide things in." She would not know how to even begin that experiment. It might be worth a try though. She lifted the little mirror down and coughed again as dust rose from the frame. "Shall we make this quick? I want to breathe outdoors air again," Caspa inquired with a pained expression. "How about I finish off this floor and you skim the ground floor, just taking hold of anything that looks possible and we'll meet at the front?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra was pleased that Caspa found the room useful. The mention of splitting up made her slightly apprehensive though. A blanket and a mirror were completely different items, yet Caspa had seen value in them both. Choosing what to bring with her would be difficult. Terra nodded her head and turned to head back down. The rooms on the main floor were a lot more occupied. Terra passed one room that smelled of blood, and another room that she knew Strel kept his cloths in. Here and there where odd bits though.

Looking around Terra thought about what could be used. Caspa had suggested turning the mirror into a box. It was an interesting concept, and disguise was easy for her. In the back corner she found some wooden boards they could make the box out of. Terra pictured the mirror inside, reflecting back what people put inside. If she put the mirror on an angle, and attached something to the side, it would appear that the item was somewhere it wasn't. It would be perfect for hiding things.

Digging through again Terra slipped into another room, finding an old moth eaten coat. It was too worn to actually use, but with a couple patches it would do very well for their purposes. Anxious that someone might have already made plans with the coat Terra snatched it and dashed out of the room. Her last find was a small lamp stand, the head knocked off. She didn't know what it could be used for, but it was pretty. With her small collection of prizes Terra stepped outside to wait for Caspa.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3

Although Caspa had seen value in disparate items, it had to be admitted she was flying by the seat of her pants (or tail) and thus would not have dismissed anything they collected as useful. Even if they couldn't at first find a use for it. She supposed anything that attracted them enough in the short space they had to rifle through the rooms, would probably be able to hold some kind of fascination for an onlooker. But when she began to browse at speed, she realised that nearly everything seemed likely and nothing really jumped out as perfect. One room had a table in it with dining crockery laid out. She had never used such things and was merely drawn to the silver cutlery shine, lifting a spoon and twirling it in her long fingers. She also took three teacups, of chipped white china. The next room was a bedroom, stripped bare but there was still a white mattress cover on the bed, with elastic at the corners. Caspa put everything else down and draped the entire sheet around her shoulders, before gathering the other objects again. She floated like a pantomime ghost around the rest of Terra's floor, finding a large wooden hairbrush under an unused bed, and a statue of a pig made out of pottery standing in a wall alcove. It was such a strange looking thing she couldn't leave it: the pig appeared to be standing on its hind-legs like a luperci, and had a fedora upon its head. Not much good for trickery, perhaps. She couldn't see that anything more obvious would turn up, though. Her thoughts turned to that strange woman, months before - the one who'd tried to tell Caspa her future as if it existed already, using picture cards. Caspa had taken her cards, because that had been black magic and a dangerous, delusional trick. They were hidden upstairs where no evil mind could reach them. Surely they'd be no use - they were only for those who pretended that what they did was real. She had enough to carry, anyway. Descending the stairs slowly so as not to trip, she remembered also her throwing knives - she couldn't leave them in the doorway where anyone small enough might run underneath and have one fall on their head - and had to do some juggling in order to get all the objects into her arms, ending up holding the spoon between her teeth. The ever-speedy Terra was outside first and Caspa glanced interestedly at her collection. "Quiet pl'ss, you ss?" she inquired obtusely.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra had to laugh at the sight of Caspa coming staggering out of the hotel. She had grabbed way more than Terra had. Of course, Caspa actually knew what kind of stuff to grab while she didn't. Terra looked curiously at the pig statue, wondering how that would be of use. She nodded her head though, and grabbed her much smaller pile of supplies. Carefully Terra guided them through the area. She skidded onto one of the hidden paths she'd discovered, following it as it weaved behind buildings and through trees. Eventually they came up in a clearing surrounded by trees. The wall of trees was so thick it looked almost impossible to enter, leaving Terra's path as the only entrance.

Tired of carrying the stuff she promptly dropped it on the ground. She flung herself down beside it, looking up at the sky. It really was a nice day out, perfect for trying out new tricks. Terra thought it was a great idea what they were doing. She was taking some of her old tricks and using them in new ways, and would be learning new tricks she could use in her old ways. With Caspa's help Terra hoped to become a lot more stealthy and better at deceiving people.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]