broken memories
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

Ayita smiled as she walked along the court. Looking down to her side she smiled, "Are you boys warm?" she asked looking at the two pups. Hati looked up at her and smiled his brilliant blue eyes captivated her. "I'm fine ma..ma" He spoke as they moved threw the new fallen snow. "Skoll what of you?" she asked checking on her child.

She wasn't really sure what they were going to do today. She felt odd not having Lottie with them but she demanded on staying in the warm home. While the others fallowed Ayita, they were all becoming their own little beings. by now they were heading in the direction of Lunenburg a place Ayita had not been for a while now.

She pulled at her fur cape that she had made to keep herself warm though it wasn't so bad. She hummed to herself as she walked with her sons. "mama sing peas." Hati said as he tripped himself a bit. Ayita glanced down at the twins, they made her so happy. "Sure" She said not stopping to correct Hati this time.

She stopped for a moment and thought what should she sing.

"
Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory

Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Things it yearns to remember

And a song
Someone sings
Once upon a December"

She sang as they continued to walk she wasn't sure where they would end up but nothing mattered as long as she could keep these two occupied. As she sang she began to notice where they were heading. The house that she shared with Vigilante, the boys had never been there. There was a reason for it, she hadn't come out this way. She didn't want to face the pain that seemed to rear every time she thought of Zafier. Losing Ame her first daughter with Vigilante was hard but having Zafier ripped from her was worse in a sense almost. She stopped singing when they came to the barren tree. A rock marked where Ame lay and Zafier staff marked where he rested.

"How about a story, I know its a little cold but I think you deserve to know." Now she almost wished her daughter had joined them.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug31 b {font-weight:bold; color:#cfc4c0; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4e3f34; }
.freebaug31 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug31 {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#5f4a42; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7Fm2n.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e3f34; padding: 5px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f1914; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug31 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug31 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 307

Skoll loved the snow! It was only made better by being able to walk through it with his mother and twin brother. While it might have been nice to explore, he wanted to see how Hati reacted and hear his mother talk about it, maybe—it was such weird cold white stuff, after all. He pounced in his mother’s footprints, giggling, his frost-dusted coat near white. Whenever he could, he’d shake his fur out and try to get some on Hati. With frost tipping his dark fur, he looked almost like the night sky, which was only fitting.

Ayita smiled down at them, asking if they were warm, and the blonde puppy puffed his chest out—which made for awkward strutting. “Sun chaser always warm,” he declared proudly. He would probably retract that statement in another couple of hours when the snow he rolled in got to him, but for now, he was too excited and active to feel any cold.

He continued to prance around, making more work for himself, until his brother asked for a song. Songs didn’t interest Skoll as much as exciting stories, but he did love the sound of his mother’s voice ringing through the clear, cold, near-winter air.

A house came into sight as they walked, and Skoll pricked his ears in the direction of the place he hadn’t seen before. His head tilted, and he looked up to his mother to ask where they were going on their walk, but Ayita was already speaking about a story they deserved to know.

“Yes, story,” Skoll insisted. He bumped his side gently against his brother’s, not quite realizing the gravity of what their mother meant to tell them. Any tale was interesting to him—true or made-up, happy or sad. He wanted to absorb all the knowledge he could about the world.

Image courtesy of Frank Wuestefeld @ flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_SkoL1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_SkoL1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_SkoL1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#b9b595; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_SkoL1 {background-color:#3e3e22; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #232312; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8304/skoll.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_SkoL1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Fingers poured through the individual hairs of her mane as she walked at a slow pace, both thinking and observing her surroundings. They moved with deft precision, using her long claws to collect strands of hair and perfecting the braid-to-be. The rest of it was heavily ornamented with small braids, and only a couple of days earlier she had re-done most of it, and now the centerpiece was one thick braid, surrounded by little ones clashing together and rustling comfortably. She liked the sounds they made, and of the little beads and feathers that came together as they danced with her movements. With every step they completed another piruet, and put Ulilohi in a decisively uplifted mood. Cour des Miracles had not been bad so far, not at all. She finished the little braid and tied it with a blue-colored cloth piece before pulling the shawl back on, draping it elegantly over her shoulders. Apparently, there were remnants of a human village ahead, and though she did fear their dead spirits she could not fight her curiosity.

Scents and sounds of other wolves broke through to her conscious mind and she stopped to listen for a moment, trying to decide from where the sensations came. Deciding on a route, she altered her course and chose a sub-path, hoping to run in to them. She had come to this pack to meet its members, after all. Still, she hesitated as they came into view: there were children. While she expected that adults could readily handle facing someone representing their former foe, she was not certain of the children. What monster stories had they hear of her people? She could not turn back, however, as the path joined with theirs in front of them, and they would see her any second, if they had not already. Uncertain, though containing it, she tried to smile at them and take a mild pose, lifting her hand in greeting carefully. It was hard for someone her size not to be intimidating.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]
[html]
Pp will change if you'd like, Because my mind is butter toast

Ayita smiled looking at the boys. They were so different and so a like the boys always kept her on her toes. She looked at the staff that stood tall like Zafier once had. Her children knew nothing of the aniwaya issues, all they knew was there father was busy. After all the boys idolized him they were the real prince's of the court.

Ayita stopped before she spoke and turned around. She had become almost hyper sensitive. The war had put her on edge and she would do anything to protect her children. She looked at the woman who walked towards them and she felt the need to shift the way she stood. "Looks like that story will have to wait. Boys I'm sorry."

Hati looked at his mother and then the woman. He didn't understand why his mother changed how she was. "Mama, but I want the story now." Blue eyes like her own looked at her with a sad child looked at her.

"One minute hati dear. Welcome to the court, you smell of Aniwaya what brings you here?" She asked. She knew only one wolf from aniwaya and that was Ralla. She pulled the fur cape tighter, she wanted to know so much.

<style type="text/css">
.outcross b {font-weight:bold; color:#b8c9c2; letter-spacing:1px;}
.outcross .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.outcross p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.outcross {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#2a3d45; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jPDg2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 450px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b1313; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 284

Ayita turned suddenly, announcing that the story would have to wait, and like his twin Skoll felt a surge of disappointment. Rebelliously, he kicked some of the snow then abandoned his miniature tantrum when he noticed what had caused his mother to so suddenly change her mind. Sniffing, he skittered around her changing form and stared wide-eyed at the stranger.

The stranger had deep chocolate fur and a mostly blue shawl, but her large size and unfamiliar looks were not what bothered the blonde boy. No, it was her smell that made him stare and sniff curiously. He had never met someone outside of the pack before and was so used to the Court wolves’ scents that this struck him as more unusual than it should be. She was an outsider, and that made his fur bristle even while his tail curled over his back. He was too young and inexperienced to know how to deal with outsiders yet, and so the Prince was at a complete and total loss of what to do.

He offered his dark brother a rare glare when Hati begged again for the story; this was no time for those. This was like a story come to life—a newcomer on Cour des Miracles lands.

His mother greeted the stranger, and the word “AniWaya” made his green eyes grow even bigger than they already were. “She AniWaya?” Skoll protested suddenly. He made a leap toward the woman, though he only managed to pounce a few inches forward in the snow, and she was still quite a ways away. The motion was more for show than anything else.

“Whatchu want?” the young Haskel demanded, less politely than his mother did.

<style>
.K22911_SkoL1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#b9b595; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_SkoL1 {background-color:#3e3e22; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #232312; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8304/skoll.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_SkoL1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Either it was her stance that contained the situation, or it was pure luck, for the female did not immediately become hostile when Ulilohi was recognised as AniWayan. Instead, the mother halted and inquired about her business. Ulilohi hesitated for a moment, but nearly smiled when the child hurried forwards and gave a face to mistrust in the way only a pup could. She had younger siblings and had grown up helping her parents care for them. As a result, her maternal instinct was well-developed, but she had no wish for children of her own. Still, their appeal was undeniable. Ulilohi's blue gaze shifted from the child to the adult as she replied. "I have come to seek new friends in this pack, hoping to leave the past as past." She was not certain whether the child knew about the conflict or not, as he appeared rather young, but she would not mention it explicitly. The mother would understand regardless, she was certain. If the children did not know of what had passed, they could be representatives of a strong future friendship, but only as blank slates. If they were already influenced by the war, then there was little she could do but hope that they did not grow up bitter. "My name is Ulilohi," she added with a careful smile.

#---
<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]
[html]
Parishioners; I ask for wealth. I ask for fame.
I ask for glory to shine on my name. I ask for love I can posses.
I ask for God and His angels to bless me.

Ayita watched her two sons. She wasn't very worried that the woman would attack but she didn't want to risk it. She had to admit the sun and moon children were all to cute as they were growing. Skoll came to a conclusion almost in defense. Though Ayita found it slightly funny to see him so tough and rady to go this was not what the mother wanted.

Ayita wanted to move past the war. She never wanted to mention it and if she didn't have to she wouldn't even mention it was Aniwaya who damaged their family. The blue eyed boy behind her spoke up. "Kol be ice sh.. she ice." Hati spoke.

Ayita looked at him. "Nnnn... ice not ice. Proper it had to be proper. She looked at her. Welcome to the court Ayita Catori, and Two of my sons Skoll and Hati." She said motioning to each as Hati moved forward. "I hope no one has given you a hard time Uliohi" She didn't want the past to continue to eat at the packs she wanted her mate home for good and not to have to watch the tribe. She wanted her boys to grow happy she wanted lottie safe at all times. "Boys would you like to help show our guest around?" She asked smiling.

Hati looked at her. "No tired no wan elp He said sitting on his butt. Ayita cleared her throat. "As the son of the king it is your duty to show guests and be polite. It shows that the princes are just like their father kind and respectful. Please let us show you around and talk a bit I know quite a bit about the court. She said smiling.

Esmeralda; I ask for nothing, I can get by.
But I know so many less lucky than I.
Please help my people; the poor and downtrod.
I thought we all were the children of God.
God help the outcasts. Children of God.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 307

I'm SO sorry for the wait! ><

The half-breed puppy’s confusion was only increased by the smile that the AniWayan woman offered him. Why was she being so nice? Was it a trick of some sort? He distinctly remembered his big brother coming home hurt because of them—among many others. There were wounds and there were missing faces and there were all kinds of dilemmas because of the conflict, and even though his young mind could not fully comprehend exactly what had caused all of the trouble, he knew it was trouble.

But she was smiling at him, and she mentioned looking for friends—and that wasn’t something that bad guys did, did it? Suspicious still, he lowered his haunches in the snow and kept his ears low, tail still curled over his rump.

His brother protested his actions, urging him to be nice, but he acknowledged Hati only with an ear flick and kept his mouth closed. After correcting the darker son, Ayita addressed the stranger—Ulilohi—and introduced herself and her family before asking if they should show the woman around.

“But she—” Skoll began to protest as his brother did, though his reasons were that of suspicion rather than exhaustion. He was more full of energy than ever at the sight of this intruder on pack grounds… Or a guest, she was a guest. At mention of the King, the golden cub immediately stood to attention and bowed graciously to Ulilohi, although his green eyes remained narrow. He wanted to be just like Vigilante, but even if that meant being kind to this guest of the Court, he wasn’t going to simply drop his guard.

“This way, Lady Lohi,” the Prince barked, and he whirled around, scrambling through the snow to his mother’s heels. He nipped one, playfully, and wound around her ankles before looking expectantly at both women.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Having braced herself for rejection, or at least some hostility, Ulilohi smiled in genuine surprise at the female. Bowing her head deeply, she appreciated the kind words. In the past moons, the circumstances had begun to abrade her confidence, causing large bits of it coming off like paint fragments on old pottery. She was grateful that this process did not continue now, as she stood on the packlands of her tribe's previous enemy. She could only hope it persisted, that the members of these packs continued to see her as a new, potential face, rather than the face of someone who represented all past deeds. "Thank you...?" she asked, wondering what her new acquaintance was named.

She smiled as she studied the sullen child, and then the prancing that followed at the mention of his father. "Thank you!" she said enthusiastically to the child, indicating that she would follow when they started walking again. "Lady Lohi" actually sounded pretty good, she thought to herself. So, they were children of the King - Vigilante's? "Ah, you are Vigilante's family, yes?" She had noticed his strange title during her negotiations with him, Savina and Claudius. It was strange, to her, to name oneself King, perhaps because she did not understand leadership without spirituality.

#---
<style type="text/css">
[html]
Parishioners; I ask for wealth. I ask for fame.
I ask for glory to shine on my name. I ask for love I can posses.
I ask for God and His angels to bless me.

Ayita smiled looking at her. She couldn't change the minds of others but she could do all she could to try and build bonds that could help the pack. Ayita Catori, I'm very glad to see that things are changing. Not to much harm was done but enough. She glanced back at the staff in the ground another day she'd tell the story.

Hati smiled following his brother getting a burst of energy. Ayita chuckled as she looked at the two boys. "Don't get to far out of sight my sun and moon." Ayita looked at Ulilohi. What would you like to know or see of our humble kingdom? she asked crystal blue eyes watching her. Maybe it was weird but Ayita felt that things may be ok now. Though it would take sometime for things to heal and be ok.

She motioned lightly as she followed her sons trying not to allow them to get out of sight.

Esmeralda; I ask for nothing, I can get by.
But I know so many less lucky than I.
Please help my people; the poor and downtrod.
I thought we all were the children of God.
God help the outcasts. Children of God.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 204

Everyone in Cour des Miracles knew by now that Skoll Haskel wanted to be just like his daddy. He introduced himself with his full title and shouted it at anyone who might have doubt. And, like now, he always perked up whenever someone mentioned him acting like the King—for that was how a prince was supposed to act, as a king in miniature, gracious and kind and strong and brave.

The golden boy stuck his tongue out as his younger brother, but it was in warm jest rather than teasing. He bumped his shoulder into Hati lightly then slowed his pace when his mother called to them to stay in sight. Racing would have to wait for later it seemed.

He tripped in one of the footprints left from their journey out here and flailed around before popping up. “Hati! Snow monster!” Skoll growled, jumping out at him. He grinned with wagging tail then was distracted when the name of his father came from the lips of the AniWayan.

“King Vigilante my daddy!” the child barked. He blinked and remembered his sibling a moment later, bobbing his head toward Hati as if to admit, “and his too.” Perhaps he was a little possessive.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Invdegesv

Do you want to continue the thread despite Marie dropping Ayita? If not, just request it archived, please - I don't mind either way Smile

Ulilohi smiled in response to learning the female's name, dipping her head ever so slightly. "So are we." The whole affair had completely devastated the tribe, but luckily the other packs' losses were not as severe. Lucky in that the friendship might be less hard to repair because of it. Ulilohi was quite conscious of her height, and tried making sure she did not appear dominant, especially for the children. They did not seem intimidated by her, though, and as the one child showed them around, she followed eagerly, alongside Ayita.

The child responded to the mention of the King's, name, and confirmed that he was in fact Vigilante's son. Ulilohi had not been able to pinpoint the King in their meetings, but he had not seemed unlikable. "So I see!" She hinted at their appearance. "And how old are the little princes?" Of course, she could easily make an estimate herself, but that was hardly any good basis for conversation. Perhaps making friends with the King's family could be the best way to make friends with this pack in total. It could certainly not hamper her advances on behalf of AniWaya.

#---
<style type="text/css">