Range Practise
[html]

Word Count → 455 :: Who's ready to meet Saxif's uncle? XD

The male had found the land that had been riddled with the very faint scents of his niece days before. It was near the stables in the grounds that were still noticeably ravaged by war. He had grown slightly saddened when it was clear her blood had been shed. He wanted to ask questions but the usually silent male kept his queries to a minimum. It wasn’t his nature to inquire about personal matters, he only asked questions when others required answers. He knew Saxif was safe though his dreams were never altered or disturbed since she had left, the Great Spirit wouldn’t allow him to go without some sign of her departure into the Spirit World. Their paths would meet one day he was sure of it. Until then he would remain here.

He hadn’t met much of the pack; his duties as of late had been learning the land. If there was one thing a hunter must learn is the land they were going to be hunting. That day though, the regal white male had decided to stay within the lands. He was near the village where a range of sorts had been assembled. He was required to learn to hunt with weapons something he had not been very familiar with but he was willing to give it a try. So he constructed a crude weapon he had been familiar with. In his homeland the winter was the time of the great waters hunt. Every one of his fellow hunters and guards would travel further North to the great waters of ice and snow. Together they would bring down the large beasts known as the whale to many of these Western wolves. The only weapon they had ever needed in the dangerous task was a spear, for the thick hide of the animal couldn’t be penetrated with their usually reliable claws.

When he finished fastening the stone point to the stick he nodded and began his training. He stood with great pride positioning the spear within his strong grasp before he took a slight running start. His long grey waist length braid swung gracefully behind him. With all his might he threw the spear at the target in the distance and though his aim wasn’t great he had struck it. He allowed a slight grin grow on half his face. Guess I am not as rusty as I thought. Still needs work though. The male’s face grew stern once more as he jogged to the target feeling the run was a slight waste of time. Going to need more of these for next time. He said to himself when he finally settled back where he had begun readying himself for a second throw.

<style type="text/css">
.polarlightwide b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1e3e5; letter-spacing:1px;}
.polarlightwide p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.polarlightwide p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.polarlightwide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#e1e3e5;}
.polarlightwide p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.polarlightwide {width:95%; margin:0 auto; max-width:800px; min-width:500px; background-color:#9e8460; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NV9Dv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3426; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
YOINK! Teo in his optime form. / +485

Matteo was drawn out of his home by the constant complaints of a young miss Camilla, who'd discovered a rather signifigant leak in her ceiling. So Teo had dressed, groggily, to check it out, complaining about not being a contractor of any sort and that she should've been more concerned about finding someone even tall enough to fix it.

After eyeing the leak with dull interest, Teo concluded that it was in fact a leak in her ceiling, that he could not in fact reach it without climbing onto the roof (something he explained to be 'too fucking dangerous' at this time of year) and that he could do nothing to help her except suggest she find herself someone who could. Sorry Cam-squam. You're on your own this time.

He left the thoroughly angry little sister to her leak and headed out of the village, tucking his hands into his pockets a bit deeper, not at all dressed for the weather. He wore his jacket, yes, but no sweater underneath and his feet were... bare. No boots this time. His short hair was bed ruffled as if he'd been planning on heading home after checking the leak in Cami's house next door.

Except, Cami had made it very clear that until the leak was fixed, she was taking up the extra bedroom in his place. He had a very good reason to avoid going home today. With Gemma missing and Camilla in a rage, the house was no longer home. He headed instead, for the forested area around the village, hoping to calm his mind and maybe even find a warm spot to curl up and sleep some more; winter always made him sore... cold... and tired.

Thuk! The sound of something being driven into wood, then a voice, male, talking to no one. Teo's long ears flicked forward, picking it all up easily. Paw steps, 'next time', and then as he got closer, a flash of pale gray, off white.

Teo approached from the side, where he wouldn't be in the range of fire for the man, who was apparently throwing a spear. Teo pulled his coat (made of thick pelts, though the animal was yet to be determined) tigher over him, and he smiled. What are you doing? His soft voice sounded out carefully as he moved to lean against a nearby birch tree, blending with the white bark surprisingly well.

Dual-toned eyes flicked across the man's form, the pale fur, the spear he held, the way he held it... the scars. Another older man, probably the same age as Tedros or so, except this one was anything but a coyote. He had the scent, the appearance, of someone with a heritage purely constructed of wolves. This disappointed Teo a bit, but he would hold no ill manners for the man's breed; maybe he wasn't so bad.

<style type="text/css"> .ttteo b {font-weight:bold; color:#8bbe8d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e1707; } .ttteo p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .ttteo {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#627055; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RC2Jo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 340px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#304027; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;} .ttteo p b:before { content: open-quote; } .ttteo p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style> [/html]
[html]

Word Count → 300+ :: He's really a nice guy, he just acts tough XD

Light’s ear flicked at the approach of someone but he made no motion other than that until he spoke. He set the spear to his side instead of throwing it and turned to face the male. His face was that of stone and seemed emotionless as she looked over the male almost as though sizing him up. Normally he would scoff at the sight of a canine wearing a jacket but it was clear that he needed it as even then he still seemed cold. A brow raised slightly as the male’s posture seemed almost that of a female. He noticed the scars adorning legs and face; this added a slight respect for the pale Coy-dog as many scarred creatures did for the hunter. He hadn’t met a coyote with such pale fur and his eyes were of a distinct and interesting color.

I am learning this weapon as it is required to. He said in a deep emotionless baritone voice. It was in his nature to show no weakness to anyone. He returned to his training as he readied for another throw, his slender muscular body strode into a powerful stride. His strong arm threw with a great force once more and this time his aim was more calculated and struck just slightly closer to the center of the target. He released his pose and turned to the male. He strode up to him and held out his hand. Light, Light Goldenfeather. Even though his cold exterior was apparent the male didn’t turn down the chance at a friendly conversation. He was a social creature at heart it was just his previous position that forced him into such a stature. At times it was also a way to hide a certain state of mind as he looked over the feminine male once more.

<style type="text/css">
.polarlightwide .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#e1e3e5;}
.polarlightwide {width:95%; margin:0 auto; max-width:800px; min-width:500px; background-color:#9e8460; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NV9Dv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e3426; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
xD I already have a goal for this thread; Teo's gonn' maybe make Light admit to being gay. Mwahahaha. / +187

Teo gave the man a tired smile as those brown eyes looked him over. He was used to being eyed, as odd as that sounded. Back home in Italy, he'd been the center of attention, the blessing child with the holy fur. In Anathema, he'd been the Rakeeb's albino mate. In AniWaya, he was the outsider, the newcomer.

It only made sense that this older man would eye him like that. The man explained what he was doing in a flat baritone and Teo's smile faltered a bit; was he not impressed with being Teo's being there? A second later, Teo watched the man throw the spear and it hit the target nicely.

Then he offered his hand and introduced himself as Light Goldenfeather. Pleasure to meet you, Light. I'm Matteo Trovato. He shook the man's hand (with a surprisingly firm grip) and then returned his to his pocket.

Eyes went back to the spear. ...Could I try? I've never used a spear before. Is it hard? His tail flicked behind him and he listed his nose slightly, curiously examining the weapon from afar.

<style type="text/css"> .ttteo b {font-weight:bold; color:#8bbe8d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0e1707; } .ttteo p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .ttteo {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#627055; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RC2Jo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 340px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#304027; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;} .ttteo p b:before { content: open-quote; } .ttteo p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style> [/html]
OOC: I hope you still want to continue with this thread Confused I was so excited to see what happens before all my stuff at home wrecked everything. Lights getting slightly flustered but it would be barely noticeable. WC:391

When the male took Light’s hand in an impressively firm grip Matteo’s hands felt cold compared to the warm grip of the exerted hunter. The scarred regal male looked over Trovato as he asked to take an attempt at the spear. Light was sizing him up not in a sceptical manner just in a way to see the best approach to teach the male. He had taught males of many different heights and weights to fight and hunt. Though his skills with a spear were limited he was sure he could train the male the basics he had known. I’m not the greatest at the spear, my skills lie more with my hands and jaws. The regal male blatantly admitted before turning to retrieve the spear. Normally he wouldn’t have shown any type of weakness toward Teo but the male rarely lied and he didn’t find it weak that he couldn’t use a spear with great skill. For what he could do with his bare hands couldn’t be matched with any weapon.

For some reason he felt a need to make his strides longer and his muscles tensed ever so slightly as he strode with his usual pride. His long silvery braid ever so slightly waving with his step as it brushed the top of his tail. The power walk was a reaction he barely noticed on himself but it would be clear that he wanted to impress the male with his prowess and strength. The scars on the pale coy-dog were on the male’s mind as he pulled the spear from the target with a firm single jerk. As he turned toward Matteo his eyes drew towards his and held his pale stone expression as he strode back. He held out the spear to the male with a swift stiff raise of his arm. I can show you how to hold it and throw it, but as for improving aim that will take time and practise. he awaited the male to accept the spear. Haven’t met someone with nearly as much scars as my own. It was a thought accidently expressed aloud and he could feel his skin heat just slightly but his face never gave him away. And the hunter was making a premature presumption for there was still more to see underneath the jacket of the albino male.
[html]
;D Good to have you back! I'm up for continuing, sure! / +311

So this man was more geared towards a natural way of fighting. At this, Matteo smiled; an expression mixed with professional interest and personal intrigue. As a Trovato, he read that the male would've been good as a hitman back home, a warrior for the boss' personal army. As a free coy in America, the person he'd become since arriving, he found the tiny hint of a fact... alluring. Someone who would be able to protect his family without much fear of failure.

Or so his posture and build suggested. Teo hadn't been able to help watching the male as he strode over to grab the spear, liking what he saw. When Light came back and handed him the spear, Teo took hold of the weapon with a firm grip. He nodded at the male's words, but then blinked when he commented on his scars.

A knowing smile, one that suggested he was used to them being pointed out, crossed Teo's face. You probably haven't met a coydog as durable as a Trovato, then. I've been through shit and back, but I'm not even close to being the worst I've personally seen. His mind flicked over to Gemma and her past losses, her previous lives, and his heart clenched. No show of it became visable, but Teo's mood dropped a tone at the thought of his girl and the hell she'd gone through before coming to him. He truely was blessed in comparison.

Brushing it aside, he stepped up to eye the target, tilting his head slightly to work in the distance, his depth perception lacking due to his albinism. I've... always seen people throw them overhand. Is that right? Bi-colored eyes glanced over at the other curiously, that cool wisdom fading a touch to reveal childish wonder, showing off Teo's young age if only for a moment.

[html]

Word Count → 400+ :: Ooo I excited to see Teo's first throw.

He let a small smirk escape as the male took his escaped comment to such a proud level. The tip of his tail wagged softly in response as well. Though the male’s expression gave a light change after the comment and wondered if he hated his marks. None the less the male focused on the task at hand as Matteo asked his first question. There are many different ways to use a spear; throwing overhand is just one of them. For today we will explore that method. Light realized he had started to shift into teacher mode and for a moment he missed his many pupils back in the arctic lands of his home. He would have been teaching the next round of pups who had just started to take control of their shifting. The thought forced the male to grow even more emotionless in his face.

The best thing for someone of your stature is to get a proper run to start, the added force of your run will help with the distance you intend to achieve. He rounded the male looking over him sizing up his strength and ability. If he hadn’t asked him to teach him the action would have seemed rather intimidating. He stroked the soft fur on the bottom of his chin and thought for a moment. When you release don’t be afraid to give out a powerful yell with it. Something tells me such an action will help with your distance as well. From time to time he gave his type of instruction to a certain type of character. Usually it was those who seemed to have a lot on their plate, or a past that may have forced their submission. He didn’t know why he got these feelings from the male but he was good at trusting his instinct. He hoped both the action and the release would not only improve his strength but add a therapeutic value or a boost of confidence.

Now take the spear among its balance point so when you hold it close to your shoulder neither end should feel heavier. When you find that comfortable position take a good run and throw with all your might. Don’t worry about your aim, for now we will work on your technique. And don’t forget to growl. He stepped aside and held his hand out toward the target. Take your time, whenever you’re ready. He assured, he was a patient wolf and had trained many students in his day that nothing could surprise him anymore.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Teo's all like, 'FUCK YEAH I'MA WARRIOR NAO! 8D' xDD / +numbah

Light's voice became that of a seasoned teacher and Matteo felt a spark of relief and interest; it was a good sign for the pale wolf, and an intriguing new aspect to his personality. Teo couldn't help but hang on his every word, listening intently, excitedly.

As he explained that the spear had a balancing point, Teo shifted it in his hand until such a point was found. It felt good, holding the spear close to his shoulder, ready to take aim and pierce flesh or stagger enemies. He felt safe holding it.

And when Light took a step back and ushered him to try it, he felt a spark of thrill building at the base of his spine, working its way up his back as he readied himself, eyes locked on the target, muscles tensing in preperation...

...and then he ran, throat letting out a building growl as he took a few long strides and then launched the thing at the target, yelling out a snarl as his arm moved, his weight thrown into the throw. He watched for it to land and it grazed the edge of the target before sinking into the ground a foot behind it.

Even though he'd missed by a hair, Teo wore a grin of pride and excitement. Light was right; the yell had felt good. After a moment, Teo looked back at the older male, tail waving and eyes sparkling. I hit it. He stated dumbly, voice wistful. I mean, I didn't hit it but it grazed the side... that's good, right? Right?

[html]

Word Count → 300+ :: Light's mind whirring with what else he can teach him, Teo has provin to be a future star pupil XD.

Light gave a proud grin as the albino coy-dog took stride, his form was delicate but nearly perfectly in beat with his actions. He let off with the proper foot, threw with an impressive vigour and Light couldn’t help but to applaud the male for his effort as his large hands beat together he answered the male. That was excellent, I do believe Mr. Trovato that you are a natural warrior. Light was usually fairly successful at getting his efforts across but it was still a rare sight to see them so successful in the first try. He patted his broad hand against the jacketed shoulder of the pale male and led him to retrieve the spear.

Your aim would have been great if you weren’t wearing this thing but impressive otherwise. Don’t be disheartened if your aim starts to falter today that will just be your muscles weakening from the new actions. Just continue what you did almost perfectly back there and you will be an excellent marksman in no time. If you desire it I can show you how to build the muscles properly for this type of weapon but a lot of my training is designed to improve for hand to hand combat and hunting. I shall ensure to research just might work for you and the spear though if you wish it.

Light was becoming more relaxed as the male had proven his worth to him, he would be a prized pupil he was sure of it. He squeezed Matteo’s shoulder proud of the male and let him go to retrieve the spear. He crossed his arms and watched the male with a soft brown gaze as his face started to harden again into instructor mode. With that impressive display we might get to move on to the next part of how a spear can be used if your body can handle it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Tummy. :B / +numbah

When Light applauded him and praised his throw, Teo felt a burst of pride for himself. He couldn't help his wagging tail and stupid grin, nor the childish bounce in his step as he moved to retreive the spear. He felt the pride Light had for him in the firm pat to the shoulder, the squeeze, the way he spoke and suddenly he knew he'd done a great job. He wasn't used to it, being praised like this, but he found that he could learn to like it just fine.

With a heave, he pulled the spear out of the dirt and used the corner of his jacket to get the mud and soil off of the head of it as he walked back. I think I can handle it, whatever it is. Like I said, we Trovatos are tough folk. Even being albino, I can still do most things my father could. Except going out in the middle of winter clad in only jeans; he'd forever wonder how his father, with a coat thinnner than any coyote or most dogs, could handle the cold like that.

As for body building... heh. I've tried that. It just doesnt' work for me. He made a point to lift his shirt and jacket, showing off a toned stomach, with a few scars littering his abdomen, but still slender and girlish in shape; he'd tried to build himself up to be muscular, like his brother and ex mate, but nothing had worked. This was the best result he'd gotten and it was obvious that the boy was in good shape either way. Maybe your training is different though, so we could try? Stupid grin returned as he lowered his shirt again, hands still gripping both the spear and the edge of his coat.

[html]

Word Count → 300+ :: Light's such a show off Tongue

The scarred hunter gave a look over the scarred belly of the slender male. Light gave a throaty chuckle at the male’s distaste for body improvement and gave his next piece of advice. Just because the muscles don’t bulk doesn’t mean they aren’t getting stronger. Look at mine for example. He flexed his arms up and tensed his biceps and chest. Sure they were well toned but he was not built like a brick house, he was pretty slender for someone of his height. I have tried many different ways to get myself to a certain size but matched against an angered polar bear? These babies do their work just fine. The cocky side of the hunter showed for a brief moment before he shifted back into a more serious note. He started to head back to the range line and waited for the albino male to take his position. Maybe a more fitting jacket for next time, from the look of your belly this weather doesn’t do you all that well. He smirked in a heartfelt manner, he could do with his pupil wearing clothes just so long as he helped him improve with them on. The moonlight hunter began his next level of training further getting to know Matteo as both a warrior and a person. He would do all he can to get him to a physical peak that he could be proud of and easily work on. The spear of their focus will have gained much wear on it before they called the day done. He hoped Matteo would return even after the ache of his training wore down on him on the next. Patience and toughness were always a difficult thing to teach many of the pups in his day but being older than his usual student maybe he would prove to be easier to convince that he was there to help him.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]