Asking Permission
[html]
Sorry to spring this on you like this. xD In the early morning. / +387

He couldn't wait until spring. He'd found the perfect thing for her; a sapphire imbedded into a silve ring and, upon examining it closely, he'd decided it would fit her perfectly. Gunnar had found it completely by chance while exploring Casa's territory the night before. Maybe someone had lost it or maybe it had been a human's thing a long time ago, but he'd found it in a tiny black case with a bunch of other jewelery inside; a necklace, more rings, bracelets. They were all beautiful but he liked the saphire ring the best; it was a perfect engagement ring for her.

Engagement. Oh gods. Gunnar's mind froze up with nerves at the thought. Where he sat on his bed in his room, his legs crossed and the delicate ring in his hand, he tensed. What if Jazper doesn't give us his blessing? What if Fia's not ready? Maybe I'm pushing too fast...

He knew what he wanted; he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. His mother, Valinta, would never had agreed with this idea, but seeing Fia laughing and smiling, always in such high spirits around him... she'd let him into her life and he'd done the same. They knew eachothers' pasts, the bad and the good. He knew he loved her more than anyone else in the world. He wanted to prove it to her, to prove how much he cared for her.

If that meant kissing her father's feet for approval, then so be it.

Mind made up, Gunnar stood, checked himself over in the mirror (he was wearing surprisingly nice clothes, including dark dress pants and a pinstripe black and gray dress shirt) and, upon deciding that his hair and fur were brushed well enough, he headed for the door.

His short journey brought him to follow the scent of his leader and when he came to a stop in front of the man's quarters, he sucked in a deep breath. Pleaaase be there, Jazper. He knocked, then stood straighter, the ring in his pocket for later. This was to ask him for his blessing; he wasn't about to propose to the man.

The moment any sign of movement came, Gunnar cringed. On second thought, please don't be home... Damn nerves.

<style type="text/css">
.gunny b {font-weight:bold; color:#77a254; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a4316; }
.gunny p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.gunny {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#475638; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rSUN3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c8873; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.gunny p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.gunny p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry I took so long on this Sky, hell week is finally over and onto exams XD

WC: 500+

There was a lot going through the leaders brain. What was he going to do with himself? It had been two months now and it was clear that Ghita was not coming after him. The thought put him in a bit of an off mood. Had he not proven himself worthy of her? Had he not been successful in creating a pack? Here he stood, looking out the window at Kingsbury Fort, a group of wolves and hybrids who were willing to work with him towards his passion and yet the women who claimed to have loved him wanted nothing to do with his new kingdom. It was although he had never reached the status of alpha, like he was stuck waiting still and the impatience for Ghita was clear as he flicked his tail back and forth. She would see, one day she would come back to him and see him in a position of power and he would not take her back.

A knock at the door distracted the leader from his angry thoughts. ‘What now?’ he thought with a grumble. Could he not have peace in his own room? The raised ceiling had become useful for the giant who no longer had the crouch uncomfortably. As it turned out the Courthouse had been the perfect housing for the larger wolves, as all the ceilings were naturally taller and arched upwards. Making his way over to the door he opened it with a smile void from his face. Jazper wasn’t one for hiding his emotions from the world and it was always clear when he was having an off day. The curly haired boy stood before him and the leader forced a smile to his face. “Gunnar, come in.” Opening the door he moved to the side allowing the young hybrid to enter.

The room rarely received visitors but to Jazper it was obvious that he had worked hard on the room that had once been covered in dust. There were a few large windows lining the white walls, which filled the large room with bright light. His bed was the largest that human beds came in and was covered with dark fur blankets for added comfort. A fireplace had been cleaned out and he had managed to carry some cushioned chairs up along with a small wooden table to place where the fire would be in the winter. The rest of the room was fairly bare, shelves held up quite a few books and boxes still lined the floor full of his collection of weapons, instruments and human valuables.

“How can I help you?” the alpha asked as he took a seat in one of the light brown chairs and motioned for Gunnar to sit opposite of him. The Knight had not been expecting to see the young man but was grateful to see his face nonetheless. It felt good that a pack member wanted to see him and he wouldn’t turn the boy away. Gunnar had been trying very hard since he was accepted into Casa and his work had not gone unseen by Jazper, however neither had his advances on Fia, which still concerned the protective father.

<style type="text/css">
.jzprmirror b {font-weight:bold; color:#998328; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.jzprmirror p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.jzprmirror {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#0f1123; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xgChm.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d6183; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jzprmirror .wordcount {color:#998328; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #5d6183; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.jzprmirror .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; color:#998328;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
No prob. :3 Gunnar's being straight forward, as usual. / +357

When the door opened a moment later to reveal Jazper, his size still daunted for the younger wolfdog, who was used to looking down at people; not up. Sir. He greeted, nodding his head respectfully, though far more casual than their first meeting. He was glad for the smile the alpha wore, fearful that he'd caught him at a bad time from the frown he'd worn at first.

As Jazper ushered him inside, Gunnar took a moment to look around. The windows were something he envied, having none in his own room. He made a note to keep that in mind if things went well and he and Fia ended up getting a house together; their room would have windows. It was much brighter this way.

He eased over to the chair uneasily and sat down, keeping the ring in his balled up fist as not to move around awkwardly later on when he'd be showing it to Jazper, hopefully.

Actually, sir, I was hoping to talk with you about... Fia. I haven't made it a secret that I'm... He paused, tongue slipping out to wet lips as he thoughtover his next words carefully. He wanted to get straight to the point, to avoid beating around the bush.

...that I love her. Nothing more to the point than that, right? I... I've tried hard to balance times spent helping the pack and spending time with her... even both when we get the chance. Wait, no, that wasn't direct. Get to the point. I... I was hoping to ask her...

He shook his head as his voice failed him, as croaky as it was naturally. Then stone colored eyes moved up to meet the golden eyes of the alpha in complete seriousness, if a bit fearful and obviously unnerved.

I want to marry Fia, sir. I won't ask her without your blessing. I don't want to force that kind of decision on her. I love her. A silent plea hung in the air after he spoke, eyes begging the man to go easy, to consider it if only for a moment. Please.

<style type="text/css">
.gunny b {font-weight:bold; color:#77a254; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a4316; }
.gunny p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.gunny {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#475638; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rSUN3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c8873; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.gunny p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.gunny p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Finally done school for now Smile

WC: 500+

It was clear by the boy’s demeanor that something was not quite right and this behavior only lead Jazper to become more anxious to hear what the curly haired male wanted of him. They both sat, facing one another in comfy chairs, as the humans would have. At the mention of Fia the father’s gut began to clench. He couldn’t be asking that, no. Trying to relax his body language and listen opening to Gunnar was particularly difficult when the subject turned to his daughter. The more words that poured from Gunnar’s mouth the more anxious the leader became at the prospect of the big question. Finally the words escaped the male and Jazper sat, speechless for quite some time.

His body tensed at first, this was his daughter, his baby, and this pup wanted to be her mate. They were hardly adults let alone old enough to know what love was. Relationships took work and Fia hardly knew the meaning of the word being the youngest of a large family. Neither of her older siblings had mates yet, why did she need one so young? Catching himself he paused his mind for a moment. His adoptive parents had shot down his first mate when he was about the same age, and since he had had two more from pure bad luck. By rejecting Gunnar’s plea he was just as bad as his adoptive parents who hated Garnet so much because of her coyote heritage.

Sighing his body relaxed and he shifted to the front of the chair, leaning forward on his arms, which now rested on his legs. Golden eyes looked to the hybrid inspecting him. He was a good kid, hard working and willing to please, Fia deserved the best but Gunnar was not terrible. “Fia is my youngest child and by taking her you take from me the last female in this world that has laved me and not forsaken me.“ Sophia was gone off to live with the loners in Halifax and rarely checked in, his mother had returned but too late, and Ghita had thrown him out, Fia was all he had left.

If Gunnar were to have her she would be under his protection, his care and love. “If you take her from me you must give her the best. She is my angelo and deserves nothing but the best. You can be assured that if you are anything but to my bambino Lorenzo or I will hear of it.” Jazper's Scottish accent grew thick, emphasizing his point. He would not lecture any further, he had his blessing if he wanted it but if the young male ever hurt his little Fia there would be trouble. “You’re a good man Gunnar, you have my blessing.” Sitting back in his chair the father did not remove his gaze from the younger male, confidently displaying his dominance in a subtle manner and awaiting any other questions as well as reassurance the he understood the conditions.

<style type="text/css">
.jzprmirror b {font-weight:bold; color:#998328; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.jzprmirror p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.jzprmirror {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#0f1123; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xgChm.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d6183; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jzprmirror .wordcount {color:#998328; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #5d6183; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.jzprmirror .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; color:#998328;}
</style>[/html]