One team invasion.
Iskata had spent the whole of the day before in the lands of Halifax, moving out of the ancient city she smiled to herself as she thought about the changes that were taking place across the lands she shook her head and paused to gaze out across the wildlands beyond the city. Raising her nose to the air she caught the scent of smoke, wondering where it was coming from. It only took a moment for the curiosity to take over as she headed towards the woods looking for the owner of the fire, hoping it wasn't anything she should have to worry about.

Too soon it was after the fire that the scent of smoke was in the air. She didn't want to think of a fire raging out of control again so she quickened her pace as she ended the shelter of the trees, the trail of smoke gone from eyesight she had to depend on her nose and knowledge of the lands, which wasn't too much yet. She'd known the old lands by heart and now she had to relearn everything once more. Shaking her head she leapt up onto a large boulder and scanned the lands about her, trying to find any movement in the trees. She knew she was close but couldn't figure out how close just yet.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 400px;">
Wheeeee ^.^

Styx was left in the camp (again, one might add) as Hel hunted. He didn't really mind. He wouldn't be of much help, even if he'd set up traps for rodents around the camp, and someone did need to watch their equipment and -- more importantly -- the fire. Besides, it gave him a chance to go through his things and make sure everything was in order. Call him a perfectionist, if you will, but if he managed to get an assignment he didn't want to have to rummage too much to find what he needed.

The fire scent covered a lot, but still a whiff of something else reached him, and that was enough. He froze for a moment. It wasn't Hel's scent. So it was a stranger. Normally, if he'd been on his own, he wouldn't have been any more alarmed than if he himself had run into someone. But now he was responsible for Hel's things too while she was out, and he was not going to fail her. So while it might not be that big a weapon, he grabbed one of his piercing needles and held it tightly as he waited. But perhaps one shouldn't wait? Surely whoever it was had smelled him too. And his fire, definitely. So why should he hide?

Show yourself! he called out in the direction the wind had brought the scent from.

[/html]
She growled softly as she heard the voice through the trees, finally pinpointing the place where the scent of smoke was strongly drifting from. The winds that seemed to pick up drove on her anger as she leapt of the boulder and darted out into the open, her eyes flashing as she caught sight of the fire and the wolf before it. Her fangs bared slightly as she spat at him. "What are you thinking!" she snarled as she moved towards him, her eyes darting to the fire every few minutes as she threw out the questions and demanded answers. "What if it spreads! We've only just settled here!" She didn't realize how crazy she sounded as she snapped and lashed the male with her words.

Narrowing her eyes she paced back and forth before him, wanting to know what was going on. It was obvious that it was a den site, though out in the open as though the two didn't really belong here. This had been barely days ago part of her pack's lands and though she knew better she still felt she belonged here somehow. Her eyes glittering as she stared hard at the male she was slowly losing what patience she was holding onto as she assulted the male. She didn't even stop to think that he might not have any clue of what had happened to them all.. something she'd probably feel sorry for after he explained, but she didn't even think of it now.
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 400px;">
Bwahaha, I'm so stealing first-hand experiences from larping last summer. It rained 90% of the weekend I was out camping without modern equipment. The mud around the firepit was at least four or five inches deep by the end of it.

It was a pale wolf that stepped out into view; her colouration was similar to his own, except that where he was grey, she was tan. He'd barely opened his mouth to ask who she was, however, before she started laying into him, obviously upset about their fire. He spared a glance down at it. It was a good fireplace. He'd dug a pit and lined it with stones, and he'd cleared the area around it. He wasn't stupid, and it wasn't so dry that there was risk for a fire -- rather the opposite, actually. The ground was wet, and he'd had to lay out fir branches under their blankets to keep them relatively dry. So really, her accusations were, in Styx's eyes, entirely unfounded.

It won't spread, he said relatively calmly once she was quiet long enough for him to get a few words in edgewise. I've been quite careful, and it's not so dry that the fire would spread across mud.

With a gesture, he indicated the ground around the fire, where indeed his paw-prints were deep, the earth mostly mud now that he'd removed the underbrush.

So, if you're through criticizing my wilderness survival skills... Actually, the only survival skills he really had past the level of amateur was the setting and maintaining of their campsite. Perhaps you'd like to tell me who you are?

Indeed, Hel would surely be proud of him for standing his ground. Then for a moment, his ears twitched hesitantly as he thought of something else. Would she be jealous? Would she think, if she came back and found a strange female's scent in the camp, that he'd been cheating on her? No, surely she couldn't. There'd be none of this one's scent on him, that much he'd make sure.

[/html]
Iskata suddenly felt really stupid as the male calmly spoke to her. She knew she deserved the words he said after her blazing anger had got the best of her. Staring around the campsite to make certain that everything was truly fine and that there was nothing that could start the blaze once more she sighed and gazed down at her paws. She knew that she owed the male an apology now, but obviously he didn't know what it was like, his scent telling her that much, the air of far off places and strange things she'd never known was what sting her nose along with his musky male scent. She shook her head and spoke softly. "I'm sorry.. I.. lost a son to the fires recently.." she raised her eyes to look at him, the hidden sorrow showing, the pain she'd tried to hide since she'd returned. She'd been given many good things in her life but the lose of a child nothing could replace.

Casting her gaze over to the fire she shook her head softly and tried to catch her breath and stop her heart pounding. "You're not from around here are you?" she asked, her nose had already told her the obvious, but she wanted to make certain, you could never know. Firefly didn't seem like she was from around her though it was where she'd been born. She tilted her head to the side after she'd gained her calm and finally answered his question. "I'm Iskata Sadira, formally of Labyrinth Glen.. but our pack is no more.." her last words were slightly bitter as she sat back on her haunches and gazed at the male with a guilty look in her eyes. "I really am sorry.." she said again.
[html]

Oh. Styx didn't really know what to say. Whatever irritation he'd felt over her accusations quickly drained out of him, replaced with sympathy. How could he be annoyed at her behaviour when her son had died to fire? It took him a minute or two to figure out what to say, and even then he wasn't sure it was anything especially intelligent.

No, I'm sorry, he said. I didn't know. Foolish thing to say, really. Of course he hadn't known. We just arrived here a few days ago, my mate and I. See? Polite information that he already was taken. I'm Styx ap Siorus.

Now what? Perhaps...? Well, why not? He gestured to the wooden log placed a few feet away from the fire -- close enough to give some warmth to those sitting there without being close enough to dry up and catch fire. Please, sit down, Iskata. Would you like some tea? He'd just been about to make tea; the water had been heated a while ago, but then forgotten as his search for tea got him to start sorting his tools instead. It would still be warm enough that it wouldn't take long to re-heat it, so he replaced the tripod over the fire and hung the pot there.

[/html]
She smiled weakly when the male admitted that he didn't know. She shook her head sadly and spoke softly. "Almost everyone here lost someone they knew or loved.. I wasn't here when it happened but I still fear that it could happen once more..." She scuffed her foot on the ground before her as she tried not to imagine what it would be like again if fires raged out of control. She didn't want to imagine it and closed her eyes as she tilted her head to the side, the scent of the smoke wasn't helping but within moments she was able to atleast control herself.

She blinked, trying to run the tears away as she looked back to the male, his introduction wasn't missed as she realized he wasn't alone here, the scent of another struck her nose. She smiled at his mention of a mate and spoke softly, "Welcome to the lands, where are you from?" she asked curiously before adding a bit embarssed at realizing she was sitting alone with some strange male who's mate was missing. "I hope I'm not intruding then... " she realized how stupid the words sounded since she had burst into the came and unwelcome guest, then being told that he was sharing the campsite with his mate, but within moments it seemed that that had changed with the male's next words.

Taking a seat when asked she smiled again and gazed around the neat little campsite as she replied. "Thank you, I'd like some.." it hab been quite a while since she'd had anything but sweet cool water to drink though she'd grown use to many strange drinks on her time spent at the port with her three wayward traveling souls. She smiled and watched him begin to amble around the camp as she sat waiting.
[html]

Of course you're not intruding, he replied as she sat down. We're currently looking for people, after all. We just came over from Europe by ship. From Portugal, to be precise. We managed to get hold of a boat, and Hel had learned how to sail it. Somehow, we made it without sinking, but it's not something I'd like to do again anytime soon.

He grinned foolishly as he lifted off the now steaming water pot from the tripod, and poured the water into a steel thermos that he'd earlier fitted with a filter and four pinches of mint-smelling tea leaves. It was, he'd learned during the months he'd been wandering -- even before he met Hel -- that it was better to make the tea that way, because then he could always take with him what he didn't drink right away, and if he needed to make more, he could do so without having to wash the pot or even finish drinking what he had. I got horribly sea-sick, he explained as he dug out two mugs from the camp pack and handed her one of them.

He straddled the log next to her, so he'd be able to watch her without having to be too close. Not that he was scared of her in any way (she seemed like a nice wolf), but he didn't want to make Hel worry even more. Leaning over, he grabbed the teapot which he'd inconveniently forgotten to bring with him. Sniffing lightly at it, he nodded and took out the filter, laying it down in the thermos lid. Here, he told her, holding the tea out to pour into her cup.

[/html]
The male had sparked her curiosity by his words, why in the world would you go to the middle of nowhere looking for others, the port towns further south were best for searching out others. She gazed at him as he spoke, when his words ended she questioned what he'd said. "Why would you be looking for others here? I'm sorry to say but there's far more populated places to find others.. Here, it's just sortof backwoods and a few scattered small packs. Most are related in some form or another..." Her words trailed off as she watched him moving about the campsite, interested in the things he did. It had been a long time since she'd met anyone so on track with the ways the humans chose to live.. She could still remember Noah and missed the grumpy stern male, he'd been so knowledgeable and loved to explore the human world. At his mention of a boat her eyes lit up as she smiled. "You're not the first to take to the seas and land here, though I guess it's starting to become quite the fashion now, explore the homelands then set sail on new adventures." she smiled and admitted. "Three of my children did just that, they set sail for Ireland last year, though two have returned since then.. I can tell they learned mysterious things I'd probably never understand, everything about them is different. I guess it really is a whole new world when you're use to certain things.." She finally fell silent, realizing she was chattering and carrying on while the male was busying himself making tea. She felt guilty at blabbing on while he worked so diligently.

When he'd fallen back from working and admitted that he'd grown horribly sick she chuckled as her eyes shined. "Don't worry, I probably would too.." She didn't know how her children had sailed across the great ocean, but she didn't think she'd be up to par on that adventure if she ever set out on the sea. Smiling as the male handed her a cup and seemed to be waiting for the tea to finish she realized the scent as the mint began to make her feel more relaxed after she small shock of discovering someone with an open fire in the mists of their new home. She smiled and thanked the male as he offered to pour her tea. "Thank you.." paws wrapped around the warmth that radiated from the cup she inhaled the aromic scent before taking a sip. She was delighted by the strong taste, not bitter like most of the drinks the healers had given in the past. She smiled and asked, "How did you live overseas? We've packs here.. and clans.. I use to belong to a pack, but they just all up and disappeared.. " she peered into her cup as she spoke, the sadness slightly detectable in her voice. "I miss the way it use to be before the fire.." she admitted as she raised her gaze to the male.
[html]

There were few people here? He'd have to inform Hel of that when she got back. Well, he started, there's really little reason for us to be right here. We're not really in a hurry, so we're taking our time. Suddenly shy, he licked his muzzle and looked down at his teacup. It's kind of our honeymoon, too, since we only became mates shortly before setting sail. He sipped his tea to give himself a chance to recover his wits.

How they lived? Well, I can't really speak too much for other families than mine, but most seem to be living in communities, sometimes taking over city suburbs and the like. Me and my family lived in a house on the outskirts of Blackpool, and our nearest neighbour lived three houses down the street. It was my grandparents who moved there first, together with my great uncle. He was really young at the time, though, so they more or less adopted him. My dad went wandering for a while when he grew up, and met my mum and her sister down somewhere in eastern Europe. So they moved back up, and then uncle Demosthenes -- that's my great uncle -- fell in love with mum's sister and they got together. By the time I left on my learning journey, it was me, my grandmother, my parents, two brothers and a sister on dad's side, and of course Demosthenes and Tay. That's short for Tushnamatay, but no one really calls her that. And then three brothers and a sister for me. At times, it got a bit crowded, he finished with a laugh. He wasn't really sure how to describe differences against how it was here, since he really didn't know much about how things were here.

And so he asked her. What about here? How do you live?

[/html]
She smiled into her cup as she listened to the male's stories of overseas, it seemed charming the way things were there, yet it reminded her of an old friend, Phasma and the way they had lived in these lands. A pack filled with change but still a family all together, she liked that, she'd always loved the quaint little homes that the humans had built that time and time again she'd stumbled into and had even grown to love living in. Part of the reason she didn't want to leave the lands of Labyrinth Glen yet was not finding a suitable home for herself outside the lands... that and she wondered if maybe the pack would return out of thin air.

She knew the thought was pointless and useless but she was a dreaming.. the best dream she had right at this moment had nothing to do with her past pack, but the creation, love and devotion of a new foundation for herself and friends. Life as a loner wasn't something she could comprehend anymore, she needed to belong, to be loved and wanted with friends and family or friends that were closer than family.

She shook her head and sighed at her own thoughts as she turned her eyes back to the male. "Congratulations are in order then!" she said with a soft smile, wishing that she could have the sortof happiness that her new company had. She gazed up at the sky as she spoke up. "Life here's not so interesting as where you're from.. The wolves live in packs, some mostly family, some no relation at all.. most live in caves or dens.. but there are those that live in the old human homes. I did while my pack was still together. I still stay in the cottage though it's a bit lonely now." she shook her head at the thought of losing her friends and family she'd just begun to gather in the disbanded pack.

Her moment of thought was broken as she chuckled and looked up at the new soul. "I always will miss my old pack where I was born, Family, friends and strangers, but joined together we were closer than kin. Friends were made where strangers had been moments before and loyalty was given without asking. I want that back again, but the packs that seem to have it here.. there's things that I know that would make freely given loyalty a hard thing.." She smiled wistfully before she turned back to him. "Do you have plans for staying.. after your.. honeymoon?" she asked with a slight grin as she took a long drink of the fragrant tea.
[html]
Omg I'm so sorry D: Real life ate me.

Thank you, Styx smiled when she congratulated him. Really, he still couldn't quite believe it was true. He'd wanted her for so long that when she'd turned around and seemingly out of nowhere had... well, demanded him would probably be the right term, he'd been taken quite by surprise.

And don't worry, he continued. I find this lifestyle quite interesting. Of course, I haven't met many wolves over here, but I heard a little bit from the sailors over back in Europe, and it at least sounds interesting.

He nodded in understanding agreement as she talked about missing her friends and family. He did too, sometimes. Especially Lethe. He'd always had a close bond with his twin, and their parting had been the most painful. But such was life, and he wouldn't give up what he had now with Hel just to get Lethe back. If he could have both, it would be wonderful, but that wasn't possible, now was it?

"Do you have plans for staying.. after your.. honeymoon?" she asked him then, and he shook his mind out of memories and wish-thinking. Did they? To be honest, he had no idea what Hel would do after she'd found that Connor person she was after. He just knew that wherever she went, he'd go as well. But...

I hope so, he said with a smile. Of course it depends on what Hel wants as well, but if she doesn't mind, I think I'd like to stay here for a while, yes. He tilted his head slightly to the side in curiosity. Why?

[/html]
She smiled into her cup as he spoke, the fellow was a dear and she was slightly jealous of the unknown mate of his. She longed for her own mate who'd been taken from her in one form or another but wishing and hoping didn't bring him here now and she knew that. The sadness crossed her eyes and disappeared as she pushed her own pitiful wants and needs away as she tried to stay the polite guest and listen to the conversation.

When he spoke of his interest in the way the packs lived and how things worked she grinned and nodded her head, suddenly brought back into the discussion by the topic. She was surprised that he'd actually bothered to learn from the sailors about the packs and way they lived in these lands, but she liked that too, it showed that he wasn't thinking himself better than the rest, that he was willing to learn how they lived, even if his was different. She didn't know if he'd accept the way everything was in these lands but atleast he was willing to try something new in his life.

When he asked her why she was so interested in if they were staying or settling she admitted to him, and to herself, "Well, some of the wolves I know are trying to gather a pack together.. if you were interested in staying, maybe we could hold a place for the two of you. Having newcomers to the land and to as pack always makes the world brighter and more interesting, new ideas, new faces, new histories.. and new beginning." She knew she was rambling now but she really couldn't stop herself as she looked off into the distance and smiled. She was so silly to beleive that out of nothing they could create something so new and brilliant.
[html]

A pack? What an interesting idea, really. That could be nice, yes, he replied. Of course, I'd have to talk about it with Hel too, because I pretty much go where she goes, and I think she likes travelling a lot. But yes, I'd be quite interested in it.

He considered things. He didn't think Hel would be back yet for a couple of days; she'd only left that morning, and it was unusual for her to come home every night. I'm fairly sure we'll stay here for at least the next week, so perhaps we could meet again later on? When I know what Hel thinks about it, I mean*.

Looking down at the now cup in his hands -- half-filled with lukewarm tea -- he decided it was time to refill it. So he leaned over to get the thermos and poured himself some more. Do you want some more? he asked, holding the thermos out toward Iskata.

*) Except Iskata will know before Styx does XD

[/html]
ooc: one more then fade out?

She smiled at the words of encouragement the male left her with, even though he didn't know how they sounded to her. He liked the idea of a life here, a life in a pack, though the words echoed in Iskata's ears of family and a place to belong. Though the two had got off on the wrong foot now it seemed that the two of them were alike in one way or another, perhaps over time they'd find out how much so. When he spoke of talking to Hel about it she smiled, understanding what he meant. "It use to be the same way with my mate once, I followed his lead in most things..." She couldn't deny that she was a strong spirited independent woman though, and in the end she'd do as she liked if her mate went against her. She was just thatway, there was no changing it.

She watched the tea swirling around in her cup as He spoke of them meeting later. Raising her eyes she smiled and agreed, it sounded almost perfect. "I live down by the beach for now.. There's an ol' dirt road with small cottages scattered down the way. There's a small fence that circles around the one I've been staying at.." She smiled at the thought of the little house she'd began to grow attached to. She knew she shouldn't, she really wasn't sure what Deuce thought of the lands, but it wouldn't take too long to find out. All in time, though she wished all the waiting was over now.

Her eyes were lost in happy thoughts of dreams and warm sun filled days that didn't exist yet. When Styx had leaned closer to ask her a question she almost had missed it, but with a small flit of laughter she realized what he was asking and held the mug out to be filled again. She smiled at the male and said softly. "I hope you guys come to see the beauty here.. once you do, you'd never want to leave." She knew it was true, though she still longed for the home that was no more she knew it was possible to make things happen, and that's what they were going to do.