Flint and Steel
[html]

WC:247+
In the afternoon. Big Grin Creative title means plot! :o

After riding with Tedros that day, Teo had gained a certain... curiousity for the fire clan the older male called home. Inferni; what was it really like there? Tedros had only given Teo a very slight explenation of the clan, things the hybrid mostly knew already. Understandable, considering the fact that they were from seperate groups; Teo from the Tribe of AniWaya, and Tedros from the fire clan of Inferni.

But that small bit of info wasn't enough for the ever-curious albino. Nor was that one ride with the guy; he wanted to see Tedros again, but he also wanted to check out Inferni for himself.

As he rode along on Jericho's back, Teo's eyes and ears scanned the surrounding area; what if Gemma were around? When no sign of his lost love appeared by the time he reached the skull-decorated borders, Teo had given up for the day; he'd find her another time. Right now, he had some important snooping to do.

The skulls, namely wolf skulls, were a warning as Tedros had said; stay out. So Matteo hopped off of Jericho and held onto her reigns, glad to have worn boots and his proper winter gear; being an albino during the harsh north american winters sucked.

He tossed his head back in a howl, to summon someone of the clan to greet him, and then he waited. With any luck, whoever came would be good company... or maybe even Tedros himself.

<style> .AnaFK-22 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} .AnaFK-22 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;} .AnaFK-22 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;} .AnaFK-22 {background-color:#caccc9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:326px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-22-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

There was an influx of strangers these days, half of whom belonged to the family or the clan as a whole. Ezekiel hardly had time to himself these days, and when he did, all he managed to do was sleep. Such naps were short and often interrupted, but he had managed to get through two hours without interruption. Luckily, he had woken before the call came—he was still in his home at this point, but rose to the call swiftly. Without Sage, the duties of leadership fell on him alone. With a grunt, Ezekiel pushed himself up.

On foot, the journey took him only slightly longer than expected. The air was chilled today, but his pelt was grown-in and plush (and wolfishly thick). It kept the cold from every part of his body save the exposed skin and scars. Scars, he found suddenly, that were almost mimicked on the stranger on horseback. Between his pink skin and odd form of dress, the coyote didn’t know what to make of him. Foreigner, he decided, assuming this would be the easiest explanation. Those from across the sea always seemed peculiar to him.

“You need someone?” He asked, certain that there had been a summons in there, though it was nameless.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:231+
ohai Big Grin

When the tawny colored man came forward, Teo shrank back a bit, tail curling in submission. This wasn't Tedros, but a larger man built like that of a leader. Possibly even Inferni's leader himself, though Matteo wasn't sure who that title belonged to; Tedros hadn't mentioned it during their last meeting.

No one in specific. I came to introduce myself to the clan. My friend, Tedros, is a member and he told me good things about this place. I suppose curiousity got the better of me. Came Teo's winded explanation, though he lowered his head in a way of formal greeting afterwards. My name's Matteo Trovato.

As he came back up from his 'bow', Teo eyed the man curiously. He was built strong, athletic, with a thick coat to protect him from the elements, something Teo was envious of. He wore no clothing, but Teo had gotten used to nudity being the norm around these parts. He had to fight with Gemma just to make her wear jeans sometimes. This man, thick coated as he was, probably wouldn't need clothes during the harshest of storms. Teo hoped that, after some more time spent in America, his own coat would behave that way, growing in thick for the winter and thin for the summer like everyone else. Maybe then he wouldn't have to look weird in a thick winter coat and boots.

<style> .AnaFK-22 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;} .AnaFK-22 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;} .AnaFK-22 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 3px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;} .AnaFK-22 {background-color:#caccc9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/20.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:326px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-22-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

Word Count »

The pale coyote (and Ezekiel was certain now he was albino, seeing his pink skin) spoke of Tedros, and of his interest in the clan. This intrigued Ezekiel. He had never been much for seeking recruitments himself, having found many often stumbled upon the clan eventually, and wondered if Tedros’ methods were different. Still, this did not seem likely—Matteo, as he called himself, smelled not simple of one pack but of two. The secondary scent was fast-fading, but it lingered yet. It was a damp, musty thing that he recognized quickly.

“Ezekiel de le Poer,” he replied, amber eyes sharp and hawkish. “I’d imagined whatever good things you heard about us certainly didn’t come from Anathema.” The name, and overall tone of their neighbor did not fall on deaf ears. He smiled in a way that did not meet his eyes and continued to speak, well-aware of how he was behaving. It was almost cruel, but he had learned quickly how to façade cruelty with fake smiles like the one he wore. At this point, one would hardly doubt it was real. “But you smell like AniWaya now, eh? I guess their war got sorted out.” Another grab in the dark. He knew about the madness that had come to the south, but not much beyond this.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

#000 :: New table yey! Big Grin

When the man introduced himself as Ezekiel, Teo realized he was speaking with one of the highest ranked coys in the clan, possibly the leader if he'd heard correctly. His tail flicked lower at the thought, making sure he didn't seem overbearing or anything in front of him. Then the male seemed to pinpoint every detail perfectly and Teo was impressed; this guy knew how to use his nose.

No, I'm afraid not. He replied after the mention of Anathema, his voice echoing the other's resentment for the cave-dwelling pack; it was clear that Matteo didn't hold good faith in the northern pack he'd once called home. Too many bad memories. Too many bad relations.

But yes, the war's over. The tribe's growing stronger each day and our alliances are still going well. This time his voice took on almost a protective tone; it was clear that he wouldn't speak ill of the tribe, being that the war-beaten place was now the home of his family. Understandable, really.

Nice guessing, by the way. I guess Anathema still hasn't worn out of my scent yet. I joined AniWaya recently, as a Kunikoti. Anathema wasn't a good place to live; caves tend to make you... more like a bat than a coyote. It's disgusting. Proving that he'd trust the clan and its higher ranked coys, Teo allowed that little bit of personal information to pass unguarded. Hopefully he'd be able to show this man that he could be a good ally, a good friend to Inferni. It was, after all, his intention.

<style type="text/css"> #matteosanta { margin:20px; min-width:450px; margin:auto; background-color: #140505; background-image: url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... er_red.png); background-repeat: repeat-y; background-position: right; border:1px solid #ab0000; } #matteosanta p { padding: 8px 16px 8px 16px; margin:0px; color: #eecea6; } #matteosanta .ooc { font-style:italic; text-align: right;} #matteosanta b { color: #ab0000; } </style> [/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

Word Count »

It was not a guess, but Ezekiel did not think to correct him. The less some stranger knew the better. Ezekiel flicked one ear dismissively at the news of AniWaya—Inferni had not been involved in the war (save cashing in on the spoils) and it had not reached so far north. If it had, perhaps it would have ended sooner. “I’ve never been in them,” Ezekiel admitted, though this was not surprising. There was no reason for him to explore such deep places of the world.

“I’m surprised,” he went on, amber eyes taking on a savage gleam. “Anathema didn’t seem too fond of coyotes. They killed a boy of ours not long after they formed.” It was a dual threat as much as it was his own airing of grievance. Ezekiel had not been able to punish most of those who had crossed the clan since they belonged to other packs. Eventually, though, when their members were stronger and he trusted them more, there would be no hesitation when it came to violence. The blonde smiled in a way that did not meet his eyes and watched the stranger quietly.

<style>
</style>
[/html]