Gathering firewood
[html]

Hey any and all welcome here! No more than 3 participants though please Smile WC: 821

The dawn seemed reluctant to start, the sun had not yet nudged its way above the horizon and so the lands were shrouded in the cool blue light of the very earliest of mornings. The skeletal trees stood around the lands stoically, silent and empty save for the slight whistling as the cold wind swept through the almost empty branches; taking many of the remaining leaves from the trees as it did so. One floated slowly down, dancing with the breeze, twisting and turning as it slowly lost its battle with gravity, finally joining its companions that now littered the green grasses of the lands. All over the once lush green grass was fading as autumn now had a complete hold over the lands, it was littered with the dead leaves that had fallen from the trees, they had once been vibrant, their shocking reds and oranges providing a bright contrast to the green grass, unfortunately they were losing these colours now, fading to dull, muddy browns. Soon enough winter would sweep into the lands and everything would be covered in a blanket of thick, white snow, but for now the last vestiges of life seemed to be failing at hanging on. This was not a sad time though, far from it, all around the lands were filled with preparation, here and there small animals gathered food, birds bustled with activity as the last of them chose to fly south for the winter. Even the wolven inhabitors of the lands were hard at work and there was much work to be done, food had to be gathered and stockpiled for when times became scarce, the old wooden buildings needed some care and attention so that they would withstand the cold Canadian winter, yes there was much to do. This was why Rain had risen early, dragging her younger sister from the bed with her, they were going to prove that they could be useful members of the pack, the tall ebony female had decided this. So the pair were now walking through the lands, Rain standing much taller than her younger sister, her mane secured in a braid that seemed to be made up of many little braids, adorned with beads and feathers. Kiwi, the youngest of Soran's litter stood beside her sister as they walked, seeming so tiny compared to the tall, curvacious form of her elder sister; Kiwi herself was very short for an Aatte and was very delicate and fine boned along with that. It was perhaps why Rain always felt so protective of the younger girl.

They walked along for some time in silence, they had risen long before the dawn and finally it seemed that soont he sun would rise, the blue, hazy, pre-dawn light being a suggestion of this. The ebony sisters walked together, eyes scanning the surrounding lands, they were musing over what to do, they had decided to make themselves useful but they were not sure how exactly they would do that. Yesterday had been much easier, their mother had set to smoking and drying meat and had sent them out to catch rabbits for her; Soran's injured arm meant that she could not shift into her Lupus form to hunt, and so she relied on the younger girls to help her when she needed it. But now they were alone, without any instruction, soon enough the decided that they could collect fire wood, there were many large fire places in the manor after all and each required fuel if they were going to be lit to keep the winter chills at bay. So they set off for a more densly wooded area, when the winter came a lot of trees shed their smaller branches as well as their leaves, so they had concluded that there would probably be a fair few sticks that would be easily gathered. The pair set to work, they had decided to bring their small wooden cart with them today, something that would make the transporting of the wood much easier, Rain of course took the credit for this marvellous idea, something which Kiwi did not like.
"Oh do stop sulking little sister, I was only teasing." The elder sister coaxed at the small crouched figure that was picking up sticks with her slender fingers.
"You know I do not like it when you tease me like that, I always feel you're putting me down and stop doing that, you know I hate it." The younger sister replied, her back to her elder sibling, the latter part of the comment referred to the elder sable female's playing with the stud in her lip, pulling at it with her teeth; it was something that the smaller girl hated and was the cause of many arguments, it seemed that now she was sensitive to the noise as well as the sight of it. As usual bickering ensued as they worked.

Image courtesy of Tiny banquet committee@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.mentor-Rain .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mentor-Rain p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.mentor-Rain b {color:#d13a00; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.mentor-Rain strong {color:#426b23; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.mentor-Rain {background-color:#453e27; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... p/rain.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.mentor-Rain .inner {margin:10px 10px 310px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ite_50.png); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]