Roaming
[html]

Neela is in Optime form, fore-dated to 6th December. Takes place near the Ichika border, around midday.

Word Count → 412

Neela made her way quickly through the forest, keeping her pace at a light jog as she darted under and through the trees and other plant life dotting the area. 4 months of nearly constant sailing had left Neela's muscles badly in need of a workout, and so she had come up with her current idea. Jogging along the borders of her new home would not only be decent exercise, but would also allow her to get to better know the pack lands and the surrounding environs.

So far the idea was working out very well. While the weather wasn't particularly warm between the sweat Neela was working up and the warmth provided by her thick fur she was comfortable temperature wise, and the dappled sunlight that broke through the trees around her every now and then provided pleasant spots of warmth. Still despite the comfortable conditions Neela was very out of shape, and quickly tiring.

Fortunately nature had decided to provide a place for her to rest, specifically a decent sized pond that could nearly be classed as a small lake, looking just ahead of her in a clearing. Barely breaking pace Neela quickly dropped her belt and guitar at the edge of the water and dived in. Neela spent a few minutes swimming about in the water, her form showing the practised strokes of somebody who had spent their whole life in and around the sea.

After she had cleaned the sweat thoroughly from her fur, the condition her appearance had gotten to during her voyage having given the dog hybrid a slight complex about getting messy, Neela retreated from the deeper water towards the shallows. The pond had a sandy floor and was pleasant to sit on, with the water near where she had left her things just coming up to her waist when sitting.

Idly Neela reached over and picked up her guitar, strumming a few notes on it as she leaned back against the shore, her head stretched backwards as the sun shone down onto her. The comfortable warmth shining down on her coupled with the comfortable feeling of being in water left her in a good mood. This affected the music she played, which slowly began to change from indistinct notes into a fast passed, cheerful tune.

Later there would be her run to complete, nightmares to worry about and hundreds of other tasks and worries to deal with, but for now Neela was care free.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

don't mind him...he isn't exactly flirting. he does speak a little Spanish. I am so effing sorry for the wait, the power was out for hours! I hate storms ( ´Д`)

Word Count → RAWR

The hybrid man had found a small body of water to bathe in, he was all grateful for his luck, it had been a while since he had been able to cleanse. Jacinto peeled off the clothing he had worn and set down his guitar. Stepping carefully into the crystalline pool, he felt an icy shiver go down his spine. He splashed water all over his body, cleaning away the dirt, grime and blood. He hated how he was always attacked by his older brother, picked on for being the smallest. After bathing, Jacinto's skin felt numb and cold. The chill of winter was almost upon them. He set to washing his clothing, careful with the leather and half-heartedly threw the loose jeans into the water. When the chores were done, the hybrid male set upon the trail, whistling a tune. He slung the strap of his guitar over his chocolate shoulders, and carried his wet clothing. A sound caught his ears, strangely familiar until he knew what it was.

Jacinto went to the source of the sound, ears perked and eyes alert. He slung the clothing over a branch of a tree, he rounded a small corner and it surprised him to see what was there. A female, reddish and white fur, floppy ears bent over her own guitar. A broad smile crossed the masculine's lips, this could be a chance to meet someone new and maybe have a chance to play his guitar with someone else. He shook off his sodden multi-colored pelt and approached. "What are you playing señorita?" Fiery orange eyes were lit with curiosity and warmth. The Lykoi held out his own guitar to show. He sat on a large rock, guitar in hand. He sat down, his eyes on her for any sign of aggression or if she would leave. He remained shy for a remainder of time. "I can play a little...My name's Jacinto." The chocolate male added with a shy grin. 

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.jacinto-strum { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JK1HG.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#235064; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 303px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.jacinto-strum b {color:#add9ed; }
.jacinto-strum p { color:#06202c; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.jacinto-strum p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.jacinto-strum .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.jacinto-strum .wordcount {color:#add9ed; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 329

For what seemed like the first time since she had arrived in this region, Neela has actually picked up on the presence of an approaching stranger before they had startled her, an opportune gust of wind alerting her to the strangers presence.

Still, with how close she was to the pack boundary the wasn't overly worried about running into unfriendly wolves just yet. As such the only measure she took as the stranger approached was to haul herself mostly out of the water, leaving only her feet dangling in, so that she could move faster if need be.

The approaching male was a dusty coloured coyote, and looked fairly friendly, though it was when he opened his mouth and called over to her that Neela started to smile. The strangers accent, and the addition of a Spanish word, reminded her of the way many of the canines from her home town spoke, which alleviated a small bit of homesickness that Neela hadn't noticed that she had been suffering from.

Turning her head to face the stranger, though she kept her body straight to support her guitar properly, Neela smiled widely before answering his question. "It's some festival music my old home used to play. Doesn’t have a name I think, or if it does I never learnt it."

Reaching a lull in the music Neela rested her guitar on her knees tilting her body more so that she could face the stranger, who had introduced himself as Jacinto, better. I'm Neela, nice to meet somebody else who plays. If you don’t mind me asking, whereabouts are you from Jacinto? Haven’t heard anybody speak quite like that since I left my home town." Neela's voice was kept carefully friendly there, making it clear that she wasn;t aiming to insult Jacinto. Spanish was a fairly widespread language, so it was unlikely that Jacinto had originated near Neela's home, but she was still interested in where the dusty coyote hailed from.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This isn't that good...I sucked.

Word Count → >>>

The man's eyes seemed to glitter with friendliness. He held his guitar in position and strummed along to the song that the woman; Neela was playing. Creating a pleasing melody. Orange eyes stayed on the strings of his guitar. He stopped playing at her questions. "Yes. It's nice to meet you too. I think I have my slight accent from my parents. They talked like this too. I come from off of Nova" He never noticed his accent, just went along with it. Orange eyes lit with curiosity watched her play her own instrument, "You're very talented." The man commented on her playing, skilled. A broad smile came to his maw and Jacinto found himself asking his own questions. "So where are you from?" He was interested, where did she come from, did she belong in a pack? His dark tipped tail thumped contentedly on the edge of the rock, he did remember his clothing at that moment and jumped up to retrieve them, placing his guitar carefully on the rock. "Excise me for a moment. I forgot something." The man smiled at Neela, a sign to her that he'd come back. He jogged to the tree which held his jeans and vest and ran quickly back. They weren't quite dry yet, but he set them down beside him back on the rock.

He picked the guitar back up and put it in his lap, positioning the light instrument so he could properly play. "I'm not that good...but I can play a little." Jacinto picked off some notes, sending the waves of music into the air. It sounded alright, but the dusty hybrid wasn't sure if he was as good as Neela.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.jacinto-strum { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JK1HG.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#235064; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 303px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.jacinto-strum b {color:#add9ed; }
.jacinto-strum p { color:#06202c; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.jacinto-strum p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.jacinto-strum .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.jacinto-strum .wordcount {color:#add9ed; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait and quality, lot of college assignments and uni application stuff have suddenly crept up on me.

Word Count → 519

Neela smiled as Jacinto joined in with the music that she was playing. For a while the two played together, broken only with a small pause at her own questions. As the song came to an end she turned to Jacinto once more, her smile widening at his compliment, "Thanks. You're pretty good yourself" Neela thought that Jacinto had done a good job, especially playing a song that he had never heard before by ear as opposed to her, who had played that piece of music many times before.

Neela was just about to answer the mans second question when he suddenly jumped up and dashed off into the trees. Neela cocked her head in confusion, but her silent query was soon answered as the man returned, carrying a set of wet clothes. Between her thick fur and the high chance that her general activity would get clothing wet Neela didn’t tend to wear clothes, though she could understand the appeal for a canine that spent more time on land than herself.

When she was sure that Jacinto wouldn’t be making a second trip to fetch something else, Neela began speaking. "Multiple answers to that. Originally I'm from a town way down south, near Mexico. I sailed up this way along the coast and ended up her about… I'd say a week or two ago at a guess, not really been keeping track of time recently." She rubbed the back of her head in a slightly embarrassed manner before continuing, "Nowadays I suppose the answer to that question would be that I'm from Ichika no Ho-en, we're about a few minutes south of their borders here. They took me in when I arrived here, gave me a place to recover from the trip and I decided I liked the place enough to stay." Not an entirely accurate account, but close enough to the truth, and Neela didn't feel particularly obliged to give an accurate telling of her life story to a complete stranger.

Neela gave a small shake of her head at the coyote's comment that he wasn't particularly good with the guitar, she had thought that he had played fine, but didn’t comment. When he picked up his guitar again she mirrored the motion slightly, raising her feet out of the water to sit in a cross-legged position.

When he started to play she played along, trying to choose a tune that would complement his rather than try and copy him note for note. After a short while Neela began talking again, keeping his fingers moving across the guitar as she did so, " What brings you around these parts then?" she asked curiously. While she hadn’t yet been with her pack long enough to develop an aggressive nature about the borders, and Ichika didn’t seem to be overly aggressive in that regards compared to some packs she had heard of anyway, she was curious as to what Jacinto was doing this far north. Considering how she had arrived in Ichika she was well aware that everything north of this point until the sea was pack territory.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]