Looking for a lighter side
Firefly had actually ventured outside the packlands and the city. She'd finally headed towards the pack her mother had mentioned that Kansas had settled into. The track there had been long but it didn't bother her. She smiled as she thought about what it was going to be like seeing her brother again. A twinkle in her eye shone as she padded softly across the grounds, the scent of the pack all around her as she reached the border. She rubbed her face against her foreleg as she tried to think about what was going to happen in the near future. It didn't really bother her too much, she knew she had to stay out of the pack from time to time with her sister now living in the lands or else it would all come crashing down on her. She was still irritated with her dark hued sibling for ruining it all, but if Iskata hadn't had the time to inform her of Firefly's arrival and the pack she'd joined the bronze and gold girl couldn't really blame her.. too much..

Stretching her legs out as she settled down to wait for someone to come along she hoped that it was Kansas or even Naniko, her mother had said they both lived here, along with a whole slew of other wolves. Firefly was use to the crowd of many wolves but she liked the danger of her pack, which was something that most were uneasy with. She could blame it on her life as a sea dog and the wild barbaric ways of the clans overseas but really she didn't want to blame it on anything at all. She just liked the thrill and excitement of the dangerous world. Closing her eyes a moment as she thought of that world, the newest discoveries that had ingulfed her made her smile as she sat listening for any arrival.
[html]

SISSY. Sorry for taking so long... <3. Is she shifted? Kansas isn't; he's four-leggin' it. Just FYI.

It was drizzling, just slightly, the water falling like the strands of feathers. Pretty as it was, with fog billowing around his shoulders and giving the world an eerie tint, Kansas really didn't look his best. Twilight Vale was hot and muggy today, leaving his coat slightly tangled and wavy from the moisture. The incident with Naniko and Lucifer was still fresh in his mind, but these past few days he'd been simply ignoring it. It seemed to be working. Maybe it would forever.

He found himself wandering toward the borders. He rarely went into this area; it wasn't really his job, but sometimes he wondered what it would be like to bring in a straggler. A lost soul, just waiting to be found. He paused for just a moment and let the rain cleanse his face. A scent that made the fur along his neck and shoulders rise nearly stopped his heart, too. He hadn't even place who it belonged to yet, but something about it, its familiarity, hit him in a place that hadn't been touched for months.

It was strange how as soon as he saw her he was absolutely sure it was her. There were no initial few seconds of questioning. He just knew. Kansas' jaw fell, but rather than stop and stare in awe, he moved more quickly in her direction. Memories of the two of them getting into trouble together, sleeping in a pile for hours at a time, him tagging alongside her for security and because he couldn't stand not being with her - all came rushing into his mind as if they'd happened a few days ago. Kansas said her name, realizing he hadn't said it and actually acknowledged what it meant since she'd been kidnapped. "Firefly." He came toward her, brushing his neck against hers and resting his chin against her shoulderblades. Perhaps now he'd be whole again.

[/html]
The rain that was slowly falling was nothing to the bronze and gold lady of the Dahlia de Mai pack, though she was just barely a member of the pack it was feeling like a good place. She had been advised of the trouble her cousin had caused with the clan, but she was usr to that kindof thing, it happened from time to time in Ireland and though normally it was raids for prey and not for blood lust, sometimes they had to make a more brutial point. One could say the wild woman had grown use to a lot of things the innocent youth of Souls knew nothing about, but she wasn't one to judge others.

She tested the air for the scent of her brother but failed to find it right off the bat. She knew he was new here as well but she hoped that he wasn't holed up in some den. She knew he had been the follower when they were younger but she thought that maybe he'd emerged from his shell and had become something more without her. The emerald eyed youth was sitting there wondering when someone would be coming out on patrol when she just barely heard the sounds of another moving through the brush, perking her ears up her eyes twinkled slightly as she waited.

Almost instantly she had raised her head up proudly as she saw her twin coming into view, her eyes shining with mischief as she too was brought over with a million little thoughts and memories of before she'd became a sea dog and adopted into one of the clans of Eire. She knew she'd upset her famiyl when she'd decided to follow DaVinci off to find their older sister Magdalena, though she wished she could have had the best of both worlds she had made her choice and in the end it had been a grand adventure. A soft smile parted her maw as she heard her name on his lips as he snuggled up into her. Laughing softly she squealed, "Kansas!" In return she snuggled against him as she felt his breath on her shoulder. Her voice was low and soft as she murmured. "I've missed you so much.." she closed are eyes slightly as they stood in the drizzling rain just absorbed in eachother.
[html]

Finally a post from me. Snap, I thought she was kidnapped. Whoops. I'm a dummy.

He had always wondered about her - well, of course he would. But since it had been his understanding that she had been taken from them, he assumed horrendous things had happened to her. What had she seen as she'd aged? Kansas honestly did not believe he would ever see her again, but there was hope in his heart, stored energy ready to burst should she come back into his life. And he into hers. With her face inches from his, he felt happiness like he never had before.

And she was so beautiful. She looked fine; there was still that mischievous glint in her eyes that he'd remembered as a young boy. Perhaps there was more to her story than he'd automatically assumed. He could not wait to ask her about herself, but they had time. He couldn't stop smiling. Her touch warmed him everywhere. She had such a soft and comforting voice, but it was backed by playfulness and glee. "Me too. I... I don't know. I always hoped I would see you again. Are... are you okay?"

[/html]
OOC: Everyone was lead to believe she was, Phoenix and Iskata had argued about it too, Phoenix thought that DaVi kidnapped her and Iskata wouldn't believe it, so she left to find Firefly and Davi.. XD

She had pulled away from Kansas' touch as they began to speak of life away from one another. A darkness seemed to cloud her eyes as Kansas asked if she was ok, but within moments she realized what he meant and a small spark of annoyance at the rumors made her shake her head and say. "Of course I'm alright! I followed DaVinci away from the lands! He was fit to be tied when he found me stalking him, but we were too far gone for him to turn back..." she smiled to herself at the memory of their argument in the middle of nowhere as one stubborn soul sat before the other and argued back and forth, of course, he was an adult and she merely a pup, how she'd got to stay was beyond her.

She chuckled and nudged her brother with her muzzle again as she sighed. "Really, I'm fine.. I wish you could have came too...We could have caused all sorts of chaos!" Some small voice chided her, reminding her that she had caused enough without her own brother, but she ignored it like she always did, having a helpful voice to tell you the right thing to do was beyond her, she never listened anyways. Sometimes she wondered if she could pawn it off on someone else.. but she just let it go..
[html]

Oh, all righty then. Phew, I was worried I'd retardinated myself. Thank you!

He hoped he was pleasing her. Kansas had grown a bit of a backbone with all that had gone on in this past year, but he was still nowhere near as daring as his twin. Perhaps this would disappoint her. The youth was self-conscious; he really wanted to make her proud. The shadow that fell across her face, followed by irritation, made him want to crawl into a hole somewhere. Already, had he upset her? But her answer came as though it was the default to a question that she had been asked many times.

She had followed him? All this time he had thought she'd been taken from him by an older brother he couldn't remember meeting. Knowing that it had been her choice to leave was another revelation that left him confused; he didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "I thought... DaVinci stole you? I mean..." He shook his head. There was no point in pursuing it - he knew the truth now and he was content with leaving it there. Her playful nudge squeezed an involuntary grin out of him. "Yeah. I wish I had come too. I missed you so much. It was, er, fun then?" He tried to keep the excitement out of his voice when he questioned her, but to no avail.

[/html]
Firefly didn't seem to bother continuing the subject since her brother didn't. It was the past and over with, she hadn't been harmed nor had DaVinci, though there had been hurt feelings at home. She'd left home without thought of their feelings though she didn't think that they would really care what she'd done. She'd returned and life was back to normal, or as normal as it could be. One sibling had been lost forever but that had been out of everyone's control. Before her though was her twin, possibly the only one who had really ever understood any part of her when she was younger, though now with all the changes between the two there was room to grow and expand, yet still they were the closest.

She laughed softly as he decided in the mists of his words that it was all the same in the end, that she was home. She smiled and shook her head, confirming once more the reality. "No, DaVinci would never..." She sat watching him as he asked her how it had been, her adventure off to nowhere and yet everywhere all at once. Her eyes seemed to laugh with merriment as she spoke of their adventures. "Yes! We learned how to man a ship with the crew and went all the way across the sea. DaVinci, Mags and I stayed in Ireland forever it seemed.. I still miss it there, everyone does things so differently. You'd love it there.. it's so mysterious and mystic. The stories the Bairds could tell you.. and the things they could show you.." her eyes seemed to mist over as she thought about the secret things she'd taken part in, so many things she missed.. but she was home now and her sibling was right before her. She knew he should have came to, but she hadn't really imagined that they'd sail away on the adventures they had.. she wished she'd have atleast told him now where she'd gone off to when she'd left, but always the careful one she figured he would have told mother and father... and DaVinci's life had already been hard enough.
[html]

Things fell into place the way they were supposed to. Kansas had read about this concept many times before, and since it was so common he assumed it must be true. But that didn't mean he didn't still have a hard time accepting it There were times when he wished he could wave his hand and make things be the way he wanted them to be, but the world would suffer if this were true. Firefly had left and experienced the thrills of the world for a good reason, and he had stayed home for a good reason, too. Even though he wasn't sure what those reasons were.

He knew there were darker individuals among the Sadira line (like Haku), but Kansas had never really wanted to believe that one of his own siblings was sadistic in any way. It just didn't seem like the kind of child their mother would raise. Her reassurance that DaVinci would never have done something so horrid comforted him somehow.

Her eyes glazed over in nostalgia as she described Ireland. He had heard of the place before, but never in a thousand years would he have imagined that his twin sister was there. Even the name seemed to suggest mystery and beauty. And she had been aboard a ship. Kansas felt himself once again envying Firefly for her courage, the desire she seemed to have for doing astounding (and sometimes dangerous) things. "I had no idea you did things like that. That's all... amazing. I'm glad it was different than I'd feared." He wagged his tail. "We'll... have to cause some trouble here, too, or something. You're in Dahlia de mai?"

[/html]
She knew that she could with the bat of an eye make her twin's heart soar or make all his hopes come crashing down. The one thing she couldn't control was the events that had fallen in place in her own world without any sort of power of her own. Haku and her relationship was something that hadn't been expected but the power and danger of it all had been more than she'd ever imagined, the lightining in her blood and the fire that flared between the two of them was no game no matter how much everything else had been.

Watching her brother seem to struggle with the things she'd done and the places she'd been she realized that there was no way he could ever find out about the darker mirror she gazed into. While he was the light someone had to be the darker side of the two, they were twins afterall. She smiled softly as he suggested that they cause their own sort of trouble in these new lands. She laughed and nodded as he mentioned the pack she belonged to. "Haku accepted me into the pack not too long ago..." Their mother had already explained everything to Firefly and how Kansas knew the whole of their mother's actions in everything. Firefly figured she might as well admit to her twin her own part in it all. "Mother asked me to watch things from the inside. No one knows I'm a Sadira, no one is suppose to know me at all." She gazed at her brother with a grave look in her eyes, knowing that he would understand it all.
[html]

Kansas was aware that she knew about Haku. The pale boy didn't think his cousin would hurt her just as he didn't think he would hurt Iskata, but the worry was always there. If he had complete trust in Haku, and something happened to anyone he loved, he would not have been able to live with himself. He also knew that Firefly had probably seen more than he ever had (and perhaps ever would), and could take care of herself. His concern eased somewhat, but at times it was still like a mosquito against his skin.

Her smile really did make his heart soar. They could no longer get away with the cutesy tricks and games of childhood, but they could have fun. The boy understood his sister's position, and he felt even better about not really being there to physically protect her. She was safer as a stranger. He nodded, grinning a little, feeling proud for some reason. That's good. It will probably be very helpful throughout this. He accepted you? He must not be too terrible, on the surface.

[/html]
She knew she could never fully tell her twin the truth, while she gazed through the dark mirror Kansas was the lighter side of her world. While she basked in the works of the dark and dangerous side of life she always knew he would be there to pull her through if she ever fell to far and called out for a helping hand. Her emerald eyes shone as the warm thought ran through her mind, yet she knew she'd never be the one to call out for assistance, it wasn't programmed into what and who she was. Her stormy nature wasn't entirely something that Kansas would understand and she wouldn't be the one to break his heart by the truth like a bullet.

The words that fell from his maw made her muscles quiver as she tried not to fail in finding the right answer. After a moment she shook her head and looked off in the distance with a soft twisted smile lit upon her lips. "He's just different. Moody at times.. but I don't think I'm in danger, not anymore than I ever have been." She looked back to her brother and butted her head against his chest as she smiled. "Don't worry Kansy.." she said as she breathed in the scent of her twin. Moving back away from him she turned towards the west where he pack now laid. With a soft sigh she looked wistfully at her sibling. "I'll have to be returning back soon.. IF I'm gone too long they might get the wrong thoughts and think I'd run off.." Her words trailed off as she wished she could stay longer.
[html]
This thread was so sweet. Good place to end?

It wouldn’t have mattered how dark Firefly’s other side was. Kansas would still love her more than anyone else, because of their memories and because she still had a part of her that was as bright as summer sunshine. He was sure he’d be someone Firefly could lean on as long as they lived, but he had to work on keeping himself in position for that. Kansas had trouble offering help and getting involved with others, but he knew he’d have to for his family. And, of course, he wanted to. But he was a coward.

He saw this discomfort flash across her face at his question, and he worried that he might have upset her. Maybe he should have known better than to bring up one of the more troublesome areas of their lives, but he’d been so concerned. She gave him an answer that made him feel better, and her playful gesture made his tail wag swiftly behind him. I’ll try. He grinned warmly. Her eyes focused westward, on the area she’d come from. And sure enough, she said it was time to go. It seemed like she’d just gotten there – there was never enough time for things like this. But he understood, and tried not to look too crestfallen. Okay. I’ll come see you soon. And… if you need anything, ever, just ask. He leaned forward and embraced her as best he could in his lupine form, resting his chin against her smaller shoulder blades for a long while. Maybe it was a bit much, but he couldn’t help but fear that she would disappear again.

[/html]