A Song on a Silent Night
[html]

Neela is in Optime form. Takes place at night. Fore-Dated to the 7th do December.

Word Count → 543

The fire in-front of Neela popped and crackled as it greedily devoured the twigs and sticks that the canine lazily fed into it. Neela had been spending the day exploring the pack borders when a small shower of snow had come down. While the snow hadn't been severe, it had been enough to throw Neela off the unfamiliar path, and now she was lost.

Rather than flail about in the dark and get herself more lost, Neela had settled for the night, resolving to have Grynn scout out the way back to the Ichikan territory in the morning. Deciding to make herself comfortable for the night Neela had set up a fire and begun roasting some fish she had caught earlier on it, the thick smell spreading through the still air as they cooked.. The fish were small and she probably could have done better hunting something on land, but fish were familiar food and a bit of familiarity was comforting with all the changes in her life recently.

However Neela's mind was currently very far away from the familiarity of the fish, and was instead focused firmly on a small silver locket that lay in the palm of her hand. The locket was shaped like an oval and about the size of an egg, an old human piece of jewellery that opened up. It also had an attached chain, though it was important enough that Neela never wore it around her neck, keeping it safe inside a compartment on her belt.

Inside the small locket was an expertly done miniature portrait, showing herself standing in Optime form alongside a light coloured grey wolf, Julian. Neela hadn't meant to get the locket out, she had been searching through her pouch for a small penknife that she kept there, intending to continue her disastrous attempts to teach herself carving that she had taken up recently, when her hand had brushed the locket.

So caught up in her thoughts was Neela, that she didn’t notice as Grynn, who had been perched beside her on the log she was sitting on, suddenly flew off, fluttering towards the shadows just out of the reach of the light from Neela's fire, heading towards some rustling that only the small bird had noticed.

Unwillingly, Neela tore her eyes away from the locket. Unwilling to actually put the small object away she instead looped the chain around an overhanging branch, leaving the locket hanging there, glistening in the firelight. Despite her best efforts to try and live a normal life now Neela wasn't having much luck, and in this half-lit clearing, emotionally drained from encountering the locket and physically drained from the constant nightmares from which she still suffered, it was easy to feel like she would spend the rest of her life like this, constantly regretting her every action.

With a sigh Neela picked up her guitar, intending to try and distract herself until she felt tired enough to sleep. However her heart wasn;t entirely in it, wand it was audible. The few notes that drifted out into the night air were quiet and half-hearted. After trying and failing to get a tune going several times Neela gave up and just sat back, her head backward and neck bared, and just sighed unhappily.

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Grynn can either have noticed Juliet hanging around, or be going after some random small animal, up to you. If you want to go with the former feel free to PP Grynn being all nosey and stuff if you want to.
[html]

cloak is grayed black with a soft short fur lining and lined with white rabbit fur around the neck and hood. also she has a fluet in one pocket. Asking though its pointless she will do what she wants lol :3

Word Count → 460

She realized why the flowers were gone, why she had to wear the heavy cloak like coat that her mother made her wear a month ago. It wasn't just some heavy piece of clothing but something to keep her warm, something that would help with the freezing wind that whipped at her small body. Looking down she did not realize that she may need something for her feet too some time. Though she carried the genes of a winter wolf she was still too young to have the proper winter coat, so now she wore the cloak.

Juliet's ears flattened against her skull as she looked around in the endless darkness, frustrated that she had not gotten home yet. She had to be close right? Shaking her head she moved around, though her efforts were met with her travels just making her go in circles. Stamping her foot out of frustration, her fingers moved to her necklace. Would this really protect her like her mother always said, could she rely on a symbol?

Again she tried to move towards her home but started to realize how pointless her movements truly were. How could she get so lost, was it because she really never traveled at night? A sigh escaped her as she looked around and realized her general fear of the darkness, well when no one she knew was around she seemed top be almost terrified of such a simple thing.

Her ears perked as the sound of something moving nearby reached her, indigo eye followed the sound as it appeared to be some winged creature. She thought back to her time with her friend Lorenzo and his lesson on killing birds with string and wood but this bird was much bigger than a stupid pigeon. Her head tilted to the side as it made a loud sound at her, what did that mean? The bird moved closer to her flying up and circling Jules a few times before landing on a branch that was eye level to the girl "What are you?" She asked with an emotionless tone before asking a question that might be answered "Where can I find shelter, or at least some light and warmth?"

With a sharp sound the falcon moved and led the way to the fire that the red collie sat next to. Again her head tilted to the side as she looked that the pretty woman that sat before the fire, stepping closer and closer she stopped to the left side of the woman looking at her in question. "I seem to be lost, can I stay here until morning?" She asked though even if the woman said no she may sit on the opposite side of the fire to stay warm.

<style type="text/css">
.juiletpaint b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px; text-shadow:#596820 0px 0px 1px;}
.juiletpaint p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.juiletpaint {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#cdb887; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A5Lbb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #596820; border-radius:10px; padding: 270px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60683f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.juiletpaint .wordcount {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #60683f; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#596820 0px 0px 1px;}
.juiletpaint .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Neela is in Optime form. Takes place at night. Fore-Dated to the 7th do December.

Word Count → 422

Neela stared miserably into the fire, absent-mindedly fiddling with the locket in her hands, having taken it down from the branch a while ago after being unable to stand looking at the picture anymore. Every now and then she would move to adjust the sticks that held the fish she was cooking, but otherwise she had nothing to do. This was why she hated nights; it was too dark to travel, she was rarely in the mood for music when tired and the sheer lack of things to do left her nothing to do but think.

Neela was torn from he thoughts by the sound of Grynn returning to the clearing. When she tilted her head to look at the falcon she was surprised to find that she was being followed by a fairly small tan and white wolf. The girl was wearing some sort of cloak and had a stunning red mane, contrasting with her pale fur. Neela cocked her head in a tired fashion, slightly confused at the girls abrupt appearance and question, though a light peck from Grynn, who had landed deftly on her shoulder, broke the tired wolf from her stupor.

"Uhh yeah sure, no problem." The clearing fell into an awkward silence after that. Normally Neela would try and make conversation with the stranger, but she was just so tired today that she couldn't find the energy to do so. Idly Neela gazed at the fish on the fire, while she could try and argue to herself that the fish were because she was hungry the real reason was that the smell of the cooking kept her awake, kept the nightmares from coming in such an unfamiliar environment.

Her gaze also brought to her attention that the fish on the fire. She took the sticks from over the fire and then dipped her free hand into a bucket of water at the side of her. Quickly, before her fur dried, she used her wet hand to slider the fish off the sticks and place them onto a small, clean stone, before fetching two fresh fish from the bucket and putting them onto the sticks, which went back over the fire.

Realising that she was being rude Neela decided to at least try and talk to the stranger despite her tiredness. Giving out a small yawn she turned to the other wolf, holding out a fish towards her and offering her a small, tired smile, "Hey, do you want something to eat? My names Neela by the way."

<style type="text/css">
.neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;}
.neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

SUCKY post and sorry for the delay.. sorry wrote this post while i was tired ><

Word Count → 300+

Her body shivered lightly as she stared aimlessly into the dancing fire, why did it move like that? She was almost lost in the flames as she nodded to when the restless woman told her that she could stay. Her feet brought her closer the the warmth as she never let her eyes move from its dancing fingers, she never quiet got how fire worked. The only thing that pulled her attention from the fire was her fascination with the red woman's companion and her unwillingness to speak.

The silence was weird as it lingered thickly in the air, usually it would not bother Juliet but today it was dark and cold so she noticed it more than usual. Looking at the falcon she then noticed that the woman had been cooking fish, why had she not noticed that before? The smell was both strange but caused her stomach to growl in hunger. She watched how she took it from the fire and how she handled the weird smelling food, without words she just watched the woman's every move to analyze her.

"What is you companion? I know its a bird but what kind?" She asked only portraying her curiosity with her eyes. She felt as if she needed to break the silence as the red lady had simply stared off into another plane of existence. Not shortly after her attempt for small talk did the collie then chime in with a question or her own.

"I am hungry, and if you don't mind I would like to try some of what you have cooked." She offered an answer still lacking any emotion but for her eyes to fall on her with a gentle sparkle. "My name is Juliet." She then offered her name like the collie had done, Juliet let her mind ponder the woman's name as she gazed back into the fire and bulled her cloak closer to her body. Maybe she was wrong about her cloak it was not bulky at all like she thought in fall.

<style type="text/css">
.juiletpaint b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px; text-shadow:#596820 0px 0px 1px;}
.juiletpaint {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#cdb887; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A5Lbb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #596820; border-radius:10px; padding: 270px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60683f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.juiletpaint .wordcount {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #60683f; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#596820 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Should be able to update regularly from now on, until I leave for my holiday, touch wood.

Word Count → 249

Neela tilted her head at the wolf's question, actually havinbg to think for a few seconds to recall the answer to it; she had grown use to just thinking of Grynn as Grynn, rather than her species. "Ummm, she's a Peregrine Falcon. Her names Grynn"At the sound of her name Grynn gave a whistle of greeting coupled with a minute bob of her head from her perch on Neela's shoulder; the bird was acting oddly sociable tonight.

The wolf's voice was oddly unemotional, which Neela found unnerving, but was otherwise unthreatening so when she accepted Neela's offer of food Neela gave her a small smile before scooping one of the fish up and holding it by the tail in her mouth, passing both stone and remaining fish over to Juliet, who had just introduced herself.

As Neela chewed slowly on her fish she found herself studying the wolf sat across from her. As she did so she opened the locket in-front of her and opened it, predenting to look at the picture inside as she watched Juliet so as not to seem rude. She noticed that the wolf was shivering slightly and spoke up, "Are you okay? You look like you're cold." While she didn’t know Juliet very well Neela had no desire for the white wolf to fall ill from being cold, though all being said she wasn't sure what she could do to help, having no blankets with her and the fire already being a decent size.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sucky but i needed to include that the murder in her pack happened this day.. oops did into expect that.. so she ran away the night. and came back the next day.

Word Count → 300+

A falcon, the bird was a falcon. How interesting, but the sound of her screech began to make her remember why she was out here. She had truly traveled out here to get away, run away from what was happening in her pack. Again her ears flattened against her hair as she shivered not out of cold but out of fear. Why did she come this way, was it because she wanted to ask the stupid boy why he killed her. Why he attacked his loving little sister? Shaking her head she took the fish that the collie woman handed to her trying to hide her emotions, even in her eyes.

Again she tried to forget, taking a bite of the odd smelling food and testing the taste. "This is good, I don't think I have had fish before. Well over an open fire." Her emotionless voice spoke, trying to distract her mind with chit chat with the kind stranger. She needed to get her mind off of the murder again. "By the way Grynn, your rather pretty for a bird." She stated, her eyes showing kindness that her word never could.

It was true, Grynn was not a bird she would want to kill with a slingshot. No she wanted to have a companion like that, she wanted to be kept company by another creature other than her own kind. Like her father, he had a ferret. At first she thought the creature something stupid and weak but the little thing proved to be good company. "You know my father has a ferret as a companion, she is rather smart." She spoke again, though now just stating useless facts.

When the woman asked if she was cold, she looked up at her in confusion. "Actually I am not that cold, I am part tundra wolf its just at only nine months all my winter coat has not quite come in.." She stated looking at the woman curiously, why would she even ask that question.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 263

Neela rubbed the back of her head in an embarrassed manner, "Sorry, just the way you were moving your cloak made me think you were cold, and well…" Neela trailed off, embarrassed to have misjudged the younger wolfs actions. Grynn, who had been preening herself ever since Juliet had complemented her, broke the silence by letting out a soft caw and took off, flying lightly over towards Juliet, intending to land on the woman's shoulder.

Neela chuckled quietly at the vain bird before clicking her tongue a few times, letting out a few playful insults in low speech which causing Grynn to bristle and return the favour. Her amusement had Neela thought back over what Juliet had mentioned before, A ferret? Sounds interesting I think someone one mentioned to me that they were intelligent sometimes. But then again that was the same idiotic wolf that tried to tame a mountain lion like a pet, so I wasn't sure how accurate his knowledge actually was till now." Neela chuckled, remembering the wolf from long ago. There was a fine line between companion and pet, and something as intelligent as a mountain lion was all too aware of that line.

Neela fell quiet a moment as she turned the fish over the fire, considering Juliet. There was something strange about the girl, and not just her way of talking. She had seemed… troubled just a few moments ago when accepting the fish from Neela, but with now little emotion the younger wolf showed it was hard for Neela to be sure.

"So, what brings you out here tonight?" She ventured curiously.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]