spoonman, take the rhythm in your hands
[html]

Hel!

It was very, very bright - and it was hot. He wore his tight pants low, trying to get as much air as possible, and the legs were rolled up a little. He knew it looked stupid, but it was warm enough for Kansas not to care. He held his black pouch in his hand as usual, still looking boyish in the way that he swung it around as he walked. Inside was a charming book he'd found about a British wizard (he was nearly finished), as well as some cloth he'd found in the house a few days ago. Some was black, others were lilac, red, and blue. He was surprised at how much he'd found - it had been in a little room full of extra sheets and moth-eaten quilts.

Kansas stopped next to a maple tree, touched the strong trunk absently. It was pretty. The leaves were pretty, too; bright green, dancing in the slight breeze like little forest fairies. The trees were sweet-smelling; they smelled like summer. Kansas sat down beside his tree and hung his head, slipping into another one of his absent-minded trances. He didn't know why he'd taken the cloth. It was beautiful, but he had absolutely no use for it. Perhaps later he'd find his mother and see if she wanted it; he needed to pay her a visit anyway.

He closed his eyes but didn't sleep. It was the heat, or perhaps he was calmed by the simple fact that it was summer.
[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 450px; border: #666666 1px solid;">

HAIIIIII!!!!! And jeesus crap reply

Hel had promised herself not to leave Styx behind again after this. Her meeting with Iskata had left her drained and in no mood for her mate. She had been snippy and cold to him and although it pained her, the break of dawn saw her on the road again, moving away from their camp, in the same hastily thrown on clothes as before. Her knapsack hit against her leg and she was fuming. But right now she couldn't care less. She couldn't.

The forest was thick and lush and soon her nerves had died down. Hel was thinking about Iskata, about those things she had said. She felt strange and stupid and rash, why was she being so bad? So engrossed was she in her thoughts that she stumbled upon the white male and let out a startled gasp. Her hand nearly flew to her knife but she steadied herself and took deep breaths. He was... cute. Her mind flew to Styx. No, no need to do this to him. Why? For petty revenge? For being scared of invisible demons? No. She smiled at the white wolf and said, I'm sorry. Erm.. I didn't mean to frighten you. I'm Hel. Hel actually felt clumsy. Around a male. Styx would flip if he knew.

[/html]
[html]

Holy damnit! I’m sorry for taking like fifteen thousand years to reply.

She was very quiet in her approach, such that he had no idea she was near until she nearly tripped over him. His eyes flew open and he leaned sideways slightly, having lost his balance in his surprise. Blinking a few times, he stood abruptly, completely forgetting his previous train of thought as he watched the dark female before him. He found her pretty, and he couldn’t help but smile sheepishly following her stuttered apology.

It’s all right. I shouldn’t have been nodding off right in… in the middle of things.” Wow. He was still very awkward around girls, having had little practice and no one really to show him how to seem appealing, Iskata being away for so long and all. “I’m Kansas Sadira.” He gave another grin and looked around for his bag. In his fumbling it had tipped over to the side and a few inches of the blue cloth spilled from the opening. He picked the bag up, shoving the fabric back inside. “Nice to meet you.

[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 450px; border: #666666 1px solid;">

Let's pretend this was here weeks ago, k Big GrinD

Hel couldn't say a word to save her life. She stared at the white male and tried to find the words, lodged in the back of her throat. She listened to his words, saw his awkward gestures, but that all seemed irrelevant and silly. His coat was so white. She knew that part of her ancestry contained such white fur, but through some game of chance and luck, she had been blessed with fur black as night, something which passed as very poor camouflage in the winters of Asgard. Hel rose to her feet and tried to get her mind to focus again. Kansas. Sadira? Surely not! Sadira? Are you by any chance related to Iskata Sadira? They seemed a bit alike, but then again, Hel had never spent much time around wolves from the same family (except hers, naturally), so she couldn't really say if they were related or not. And then her memory was jogged. Cloth. He'd shoved cloth in his bag.

When she had decided to play the role of merchant and trader, Hel had been sure that not many wolves would question it. In the new world, perhaps trade and barter would be the only way forward. She had never been in anything but goods she could trade later on, and sometimes food and shelter if she travelled with a pack. She found herself still rattled in the presence of this male. Why? Shaking her head, so wisps of her hair fell over her face, she opened her own backpack and pulled out a rich velvet cloth. Do... do you trade, Kansas? Hel couldn't quite believe what was happening here.
[/html]
[html]
It’s fine, darling! I really like Hel.

He watched her when the fabric was back in place. For some reason, he got the feeling that she was struck dumb for some reason. He wondered if he had done something strange, though he couldn’t imagine what that might have been. A confused look dusted his face, but she swept it away by mentioning Iskata. He smiled; how odd to have found someone who knew her. Maybe Hel knew her well? She’s my mother. You’ve met her, he stated stupidly. Obviously. Perhaps they were both in Dahlia de Mai.

He caught her brilliant eyes drifting toward his satchel; had she seen the cloth? Maybe it was worth something. He watched her remove beautiful, rich velvet from her backpack. I... Yes. He shook his head a bit to himself. Opening his black bag, he removed from it the three shades of cloth. The material itself was very sleek and almost soft. Silk? He knew next to nothing about fabric. But I don’t know if these are worth your velvet. That’s, er… really beautiful. He didn’t know what he’d do with the velvet, but it was so lovely that he was sure he could come up with something nice.

[/html]
[html]

He's so sweet *plays Disney soundtracks*

The smile. It sent small shivers down her back and the tip of her tail wagged involuntarily, something which made her blush. Thankfully, her dark fur hid everything, but still, a small pang of hurt shot through her heart. She was flirting so easily, allowing this male to charm her which his innocence when she had a mate waiting for me. She realised that perhaps she was just reading into this too much, for surely he could smell Styx's scent on her. Hel shook her head again, shaking the thoughts from her mind. I have met her, yes. By the seaside, in fact. She seemed... kind of alone. Said her pack had disbanded and offered me a place in a new one she is trying to start. Are you joining her too? Although there was a smell of pack on him, Hel thought that it was simply the same as Iskata's. After all, as family, they'd be together, right?

He traded. Her heart raced. For even though she was a fighter, even though her body was poised for fights, even though she trained daily and made her own weapons, she had come to enjoy this little role. To be able to play at merchant she had had to learn about different materials and soon found that she was not bad with a thread and needle (though probably never as good as Styx) and even jewellery was sometimes a successful attempt. Her eyes widened at the sight of the silk. Slowly, carefully, her fingers touched it, enjoying the way it felt. It was far too sensitive for a cloak, it would tear, but she could use it for other things. My, that is just...beautiful. Her voice was low, soft, her fascination genuine. Never had she seen something so beautiful. You must tell me what you want in exchange for it! Hel raised her gaze off the cloth and smiled at Kansas. The joy of finding someone else who traded, along with the chance to ask about Connor... It was like a wonderful gift.

[/html]
[html]
Big Grin!

Kansas recognized her flirtatiousness, but he didn't really know what to do with it. He was afraid to play along because he was not at all good at those things. Perhaps just being friendly was enough. She seemed a little flustered; he found it endearing. She was cute.

Iskata seeming alone. Kansas didn't know why, but that description seemed to fit his mother. He was probably wrong, but he'd always sensed some kind of aloneness in her. He shook his head; that wasn't something to think about now. ...No, I'm a Twilight Vale member. His response was uncertain. He stumbled both because he still felt slightly guilty about not living with her and because he didn't know how to explain.

Luckily, they had a trade to do. He hadn't done this before, but he was excited about it. It wasn't what he'd explected to happen today, but it fit perfectly. Grinning, he thought a moment. He was glad she hadn't intended to trade her velvet for his silk. Well, I'm not sure. What do you have? he asked curiously.
[/html]