Much To Say
[html]
:3 Foreward dated to the 5th of Dec. 
Optime form...I suck at first posts DX

The day had started with a satisfying feeling of clarity, the ivory woman stretched her stiff lean body and peered down at her sleeping mate and kids. Careful not to awaken Rain, Lux and Quinn, Samantha slipped out of the fur blankets. Sam wrote a quick note to her lover, reminding him that she would be safe and she was just going out on a hunt. What if he was still mad about her lying? After being attacked the pure fae had told him that she hadn't been attacked by the woman that hated him. That she was only hunting. Preparing in silence was easy, Sam tied her dark hair back, noticing that since dying it the white roots were coming in. Giving her long white strands of hair. Sam retrieved her bow and arrows and soon enough she was ready.

Setting off from the caverns and into the forest took next to no time. Under the shaded cover if the trees, the young Luperci loaded an arrow into the bow. She held the bow ready, following the fairly new scent trail of a male deer. Sam was very close, she could feel it. Once the deer was tracked down, the woman raised the bow and pulled the string back to her chin and tried to aim. A sound nearby scared the creature away, Sam was curious to what it was. Totally forgot about the game. There was someone nearby, a familiar but distant scent caught her off guard. "Who's there? Anyone?" Her clear voice carried through the trees. Who was it? Sam sat on a nearby log and peered around with aquamarine eyes. This confused her, someone was there but there seemed to be no threat. Soon enough the woman would track down the deer again and drag it back to the caves.

<style>
.blood .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#f48e8e; }
.blood p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.blood b {color:#f6e8e8; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#7e4b4b 0em .1em 0em;  }
.blood .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.blood {background-color:#964040; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:459px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius: 20px; border-top-left-radius:20px; margin-bottom:-2px; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; color:#ceaeae;}
.blood .bborder {width:459x; border 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>this beautiful table was given to me by Gen.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Yeah, starting a thread can be mildly irritating sometimes xD

It had been a really long time since Mido stalked anything let

alone actually chase something. He was honing his tailing skills

again, blending in with his surroundings as he followed a deer for

the last half hour, his presence entirely undetected. As he got

into position to ambush his target, a falling pine cone hit him in

the head causing him to step back and onto a branch, snapping it.

The deer fled from the sound of the breaking branch. The male

gritted his teeth. “Ah shit! What did you go and do that for?!”

He muttered to himself under his breath. A voice called out

from the trees, asking who was there; good to know he wasn’t alone.

He took a deep breath and sighed, putting a hand on the tree he

stepped out from behind it to see who had joined him for the

chase.

Sitting on a log a not too far away was the white woman with the

seemingly unreal black hair. “Hey there!” He called out to

her raising a hand in the air. As he approached her he snickered,

seeing her bow and arrows, she must have been after the same deer.

“It’s just me, or rather it was. Were you just out and about or

looking for breakfast?”
He said to the girl who lounged on

the log, giving her a content smile.

Table by Alex Lyrics by Jonathan Coulton

Re: Your Brains Image courtesy of franklystupid.wordpress.com

<style>
.zombie p. ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px;

}
p.zombie-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-

size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center;

margin:0px auto;}
.zombie p {color: white; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-

indent:45px;}
.zombie b {color:#7b281f; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times

new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.zombie {background-color:#000000; background-image:url
(http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... mbies2.jpg);

background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family:

georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-

spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px;

text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Yeah...I kind of lose muse on starting posts.

After her call, Sam saw a male come out from the trees, she waved a hand at him, a friendly gesture to one of her fellow packmates. Confusion came at his words, suggesting something almost humorous. The woman added her own words. "What's funny? I bet this arrow doesn't have much humor." Sam pulled the arrow from the string and waved it in the air almost teasingly her words held no belligerence, just a small joke. "Well...before the deer was startled, I was hoping to fill the cold-storage They were running low." Sam added with a small half smile, was it him that scared the deer off? The wooden bow was lowered and the ivory girl stood up from her perch. Guessing that since the rite of Agraes, they would be blood related, well technically. A decision automatically came to be friendly. "Want to help me find it again?" Sam's face looked hopeful for a moment and pushed a strand of unruly dark hair away from her eyes. "I'm Samantha by the way." There was something familiar about the man, as if she had met him before something in Nova Scotia. Then it all hit her, the knife, the rock, and the alcohol. A sheepish grin came to her face, but she said nothing. All of that stuff was nothing, her kids wouldn't appreciate her coming home drunk out of her mind. Or Rain would be pretty upset to find that she remembered nothing of the past night. Anything was possible. Aqua eyes glanced to the terrain, trying to sight out the large deer just seen.

After a few delicate sniffs in the wind, the deer was near. Sam hoped over the log, much like a feline in gait. She glanced back at the man, debating if he would come with her or not. Well, either way she was hunting. Couldn't sit around in a cave all day could she and not do anything useful could she? Over the log was a few herbs that could be used for healing, judging from the scents it was a bit of witch hazel and mint. On the nearby tree was some spruce sap. Tearing off some bark  and wrapping it in a leaf, everything was stuffed in the quiver for her bow. It all could come in useful sometime. Make a salve for cuts or wounds. "Well..." Today Sam was full of life, adrenaline pumping through her veins. Urging her on with the hunt. The deer had passed by not long ago. Judging by the man's size he was probably able to help take down the deer. Hopefully. 

<style>
.blood .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#f48e8e; }
.blood b {color:#f6e8e8; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#7e4b4b 0em .1em 0em;  }
.blood .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.blood {background-color:#964040; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:459px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius: 20px; border-top-left-radius:20px; margin-bottom:-2px; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; color:#ceaeae;}
</style>this beautiful table was given to me by Gen.
[/html]
[html]

The woman was being funny waving an arrow around in the air as she spoke. Confirming his suspicions about her presence, she told him she was hoping to

fill the cold-storage. The thin white female asked the Dasa if he wanted to assist her tracking it down again. Off course he would help, it was his fault

the deer escaped in the first place. He beat himself up mentally about letting it get away. She told him her name had been Samantha. ”Samantha eh, my

name is Mido.”
He never got her name the time they came across each other before. “Alright then Samantha, let’s go get that deer. He didn’t go too

far.”
He said to her smiling, the scent of their target still present to his nose.

He would let her lead the way. Mido was abnormally fast for his body density but he imagined that Samantha’s physique made her a little faster than him.

He would be able to take the deer down when they got to it, but she could cause more damage quickly because of the bow and arrows she carried. “How sharp

is your aim with that bow? Because we should make this quick, if you get into position, I’ll get behind him and take him down by the antlers. You’ll make

the fatal shot once I’ve done that. Sound like a plan Samantha?”
The male spoke as he trailed behind her by a couple feet. He could really smell the

deer now, they were pretty close.

Table by Alex Lyrics by Jonathan Coulton Re: Your Brains Image courtesy of franklystupid.wordpress.com

<style>
.zombie p. ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.zombie-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zombie p {color: white; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.zombie b {color:#7b281f; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.zombie {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... mbies2.jpg); background-position:bottom center;

background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-

spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
A slight powerplay of Mido, slap me if you want it changed ^ ^  

It was pleasant to know that she could get along with packmembers, as of recent the alabaster stained woman had been much like a hermit, the only social event that she had gone to within Anathema was her own mateship ceremony. Mido reminded her much of her brother, the same humor and apparent attitude towards the world. It was too bad that she thought he was dead (although he really isn't).Skillfully loading the bow with a deadly arrow, Samantha took the lead; which he seemed to be fine with, and kept her lean silhouette low, her ears swiveled to the direction of any audible sound. The prey could be anywhere. Fortunately, they didn't step on any of the dry foliage on the ground, nothing snapped under the weight of the two Luperci. "Mido, eh? I didn't catch that last meeting. I was passed out right?" Attempting to make conversation with Mido was probably a good idea, it would be useful to get to know the other packmates. "So. How long have you lived in Anathema? I've only been here about a month, my mate Rain wanted me to move here." The Furcas stated her words softly, quiet enough to not startle the deer and audible enough for Mido to hear.

She had to chuckle at his question. She was the archer of her old home in Rio. She was trained to shoot and trained the younger ones. "Yeah, I think I can hit the back of a barn pretty good. I was trained to do this." It was amazing how fluid their movements through the forest were, much like fine silk. Samantha felt exhilarated, fresh and excited for the hunt. Her light treading stopped as pretty sea green luminaries fell upon the deer. It stood about 10 meters away, idly grazing on some green plants. "There." The woman pointed with her opposite hand, it had become a skill to run with a bow, to be able to chase down deer and deliver the fatal arrow. The string of the bow was pulled far back, Samantha took aim for the spot between the lungs and heart. With some luck it would pierce both. Ready when you are."  

Table by Gen

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Nope, thats fine, no slap necessary Big Grin

The male followed directly behind Samantha as they moved after the deer. The woman moved swiftly with her bow ready to aim and shoot. As they continued

on she started some mild chit-chat with Mido. She talked about how she didn’t recall their last encounter. That made sense; the last time they met she was

more than out of it. She asked how long he’d been in Anathema and spoke of her mate named Rain. “Rain, I haven’t met him yet. I’ve lived in Anathema

for a few months now. I still have met only a hand full of our packmates.”
He explained to Samantha. She laughed when he asked how she was with the

bow; she explained that she was good. He figured he’d be better off asking not knowing. Stopping abruptly she pointed ahead to the deer that was eating.

She was ready with the arrow drawn deeply.

Mido foresaw the events play out in his head as he would like them to happen. The poor unknowing thing was going to be in for a massive surprise. His

ears slanted backward sharply, his eyes dilated, heart beat quickly speeding up. He started on a path putting himself behind the deer, he sprinted as fast

as he could, and he leapt into the air. The deer saw the Dasa out of the corner of its eye, much too late though. He latched onto its antlers, his weight

and the momentum he had generated brought the animal down to the earth with a forceful slam. The male drove his knee into the beast’s back and pulled on the

antlers. Adrenaline racing through him he yelled out to her. “SAMANTHA DO IT NOW!”

Table by Alex Lyrics by Jonathan Coulton Re: Your Brains Image courtesy of franklystupid.wordpress.com

<style>
p.zombie-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zombie b {color:#7b281f; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.zombie {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... mbies2.jpg); background-position:bottom center;

background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-

spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
yay I hate my post. >_

Samantha nodded as he spoke, listening carefully to his words, she held the bow at the ready. As he leaped through the bushes at the prey, yelled for her to shoot, she took no time and sent the arrow flying. It hit the target an lodged itself in its abdomen. It was a fatal hit. The beast immediately stopped struggling under Mido's grip. She had to give Mido credit for holding the deer down, that was a mighty job. "Hey, good work." She took the dagger strapped to her left thigh and went to the deer. "It's a good sized one, be able to feed a bunch of people." She studied it and looked at Mido. This was a successful hunt. She decided that they should take the catch back to the caves to be skinned and to be cut into meat. Today was a lucky day, they had managed to take down good sized prey and feed Anathema.

Table by Gen

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Getting up from the ground he looked to the now lifeless animal that lay there. “Nice shot Samantha!” The Dasa said to her with the excitement now

over. The deer was by no means the biggest he’d ever seen. It certainly was big enough though; had it been too much bigger, the two of them would not be

able to drag it back on their own. He looked at their prize thinking the easiest way to get it back would be to drag it by the antlers that way it wouldn’t

get caught up on anything. They really weren’t that far out from the cave entrance, a little over a mile at most. Mido knelt down and firmly grabber one

side of the antlers. “Want to grab the other end and help me haul this thing back?” He asked her laughing, it could be skinned, cleaned and

everything once they got it back.

The male didn’t expect this much excitement today. As Samantha and he toted the catch of the day behind them he thought about how fast it all happen, and

how good she was with the bow. “You were really great out there; your aim was dead on target.” He tried to engage her in conversation, hoping to

make the trip back a bit more bearable. “You got any other skills you might be hiding, hm?” He said just being trying to be funny with her.

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]

Sam had to chuckle at Mido's enthusiastic comment about her shooting. At that moment the woman wanted to punch him playfully in the shoulder, much like she did to her brother long ago, she resisted and looked at her bow. "I was worried I was going to shoot you! I couldn't help but think I could've shot you. I don't know how I would live with myself if I shot one o' my pack." The Furcas nodded as he started to pick up a leg, she took one foot in her hand and helped drag the carcass back towards the entrance of the cave. The air was fresh and the woman couldn't help but breathe deeply, inhaling the soft scents of an approaching winter. As they neared the caves, she herself was trying to make some conversation. "This was a good hunt. I doubt I would have gotten it with only one arrow if you weren't there to hold it down. Thanks." The deer's eyes were emotionless and blank, she couldn't help but notice the black orbs staring at her, in a way it was creepy. Mido too must have felt some pride at taking down such a nice buck in near winter. At the comment about her talents, Sam shook her head and smiled. "Uh, not that I can think of. Not that I know of at least." Her skills weren't really that numerous, shooting was just something that her homepack had taught her, it was her destined position before the fire. 

The caves loomed over them and Sam knew that soon they would have to skin the deer. "Maybe we should skim it out here?" It was a suggestion, if they were both good at skinning hides off of carcasses without too much of a mess, things would be fine. Where she came from, they hung deer by trees and worked around that. "We're gonna need a rope. Or something to hang him with." Her den didn't have any ropes, so she wasn't sure where to look. The deer was set down on the ground, the arrow still sticking from its abdomen. She took the arrow and placed it back in the quiver. It took a long time to make those, she didn't want to lose any.

<style type="text/css">
.sammyflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac4758; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8c3645; }
.sammyflower p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sammyflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#e6baba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/070he.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 316px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b35d6c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.sammyflower p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.sammyflower p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

As they dragged the dead weight home together, Mido remained kind of quiet. Samantha had mentioned that she feared shooting him, unsure of what she’d do

had that happened. Fear was something he hated, the only thing it did as hold people back from being the best they could be. “If you shot me, that would

be the crappiest way to die ever. I was confident you would hit it and not me. On the other hand, there isn’t anyone who relies on me or needs me, I

wouldn’t be missed.”
He replied laughing at the thought. The silence settled in briefly before she broke it with more conversation. She commented on

how they had a good hunt and how she may not have gotten it on her own. “Well, it really takes two to tango, because dancing with yourself sucks.”

The Dasa responded trying to be funny. Before he realized it they were back, standing in front of the cave entrance.

Samantha mentioned they may want to skin it outside, but they would need rope or something to hang it. “I have rope in my den, let me go get it. I’ll

be back in a second.”
He said as he ran into the cave. He shortly emerged back out from the shadows with a large coil of rope on his left shoulder and

his big knife in his right hand. “Let’s tie it up to the lower branch on that tree there.” He pointed just behind her. Tying the rope around it’s

hoofs and slinging the remaining rope over the branch they elevated the dear; tying it off they left it suspended above the ground. Taking his knife into

his hands he twirled it between his fingers “Doctor, would you like to make the first incision?” Mido said to Samantha as he recalled a medical text

book that he read in the past.

<style>

</style>

[/html]
[html]

The ivory female nodded when Mido told her that he would be right back with some rope. It didn't take too long for Mido to come back with a good coil of rope. She grabbed one end and helped pull it up and when the deer was suspended limply from the branch of the tree, Sam smiled with satisfaction. "Well, Mido we make a good hunting team." It confused the female when he laughed when he said that if he did indeed get killed from her arrow that no one would care. She patted his back in a friendly manner and her tone was serious. "I'm sure lots of people would miss you here...I would be sad that it was my arrow. And that I killed someone so useful and not to mention a truly friendly person. It was true, Mido was great company. He seemed to lighten up when he held out the knife, saying words from what seemed like a medical context. It was true though, she was a healer. She didn't know anything else to say, but gratefully took the knife in hand and made a clean long slice down its belly, and two others down the sides of its flanks, with a few other cuts Sam was able to pull away the thick winter hide from the large creature. "Hmm...We could use this, I am not too good with curing hides. If you know how I could help. Or I could take it to Rain." Rain knew how to cure pelts, and they always came out soft and nice when he was done. But alas her mate was always busy and had to do other things. Samantha turned back to her new friend, and passed the knife. "Want a couple of turns cutting off meat? I could run back to my den and get an extra knife for me."

OOC: Sorry for the crap post...My muse is on strike!

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Yeah, I occasionally need to beat my muse into submission, I need to remind it who’s boss!

When Mido spoke to Samantha, she retorted kindly, the things she said just made him feel good. The white woman commented that they made a good team; the

truth was they really did. After they had gotten the deer tied up Samantha took the offered knife and went to town. She had obviously done this before; the

cuts she made were precise and fast. When she was done, she easily peeled off its hide. Holding up the skin she asked if he knew about curing hides and

mentioned that she could take it to her mate Rain. “Yeah, probably better off taking it to Rain. I don’t know how to cure hides.” She handed him

his knife asking if he wanted a go at it, and mentioned that she had a knife in her den that she could use. Two knives mean this could be done twice as

fast. “That’s a great idea Samantha; we can be done with this really quickly.”

She disappeared into the caves to grab her knife, probably wouldn’t be long to return. He placed the hide on the ground. Taking his knife he began to

cut chunks of meat out of the beasts belly, placing them on the skin. The blood of the animal flooded his nose as he continued to cut away awaiting

Samantha's return.

<style>

</style>

[/html]