Be prepared!
(See I haven't forgotten about you. You kind ended the last thread so I thought it time for a new one. Congrads on the rank.)

Rain had just fallen asleep when he felt the soft nosings of his daughter against his chest. Lux whimpered and pressed closer to him. For some reason the child would not stay with her mother but instead would crawl the short distance in between them and over to him. He would put her back but she always came back to him, her baby blue eyes wide. Rain finally picked her up and rolled onto his back and placed her on his chest, a hand cupped over her small frame delicately. The pup snuggled down and immediately went to sleep. He stroked a thumb over Lux's soft fur, knowing that Sam would bathe her again. He looked over at his mate and smiled.

He loved her more then anything in the world and he was shocked on how well she was taking being a mother. Quinn was always with her and Rain smiled, knowing he was a mama's boy and Lux a daddy's girl. Rain spoiled them rotten but Sam.... she care for them and loved them in ways he as a male couldn't. He still wanted children with her but Lux and Quinn were now their family and he took care of his family. He stroked a hand down Sam's face and licked her cheek. She was always so tired now. He didn't want her over doing it. He was so scared her would lose her.
[html]

Word Count :: Thanks! ♥ ☃Crap...Muse faltered. Oh yeah...Sam is all beat up. I had a thread before this and someone tortures Sam. She's got a few injuries.  

Aqua eyes twinkled with happiness, watching her daughter snuggle close to her father. Although fitting in well to the domestic life, Sam knew that many things wouldn't be allowed to do. Amused by her children, Sam rolled over but in mid-movement a soft yelp came from the woman, her back had many whip marks and bruises. After being beaten by the dog-woman who tried to capture Sam as a slave, the ivory fae was basically immobile for the time being. Sam clutched her mate's shoulder as the searing pain continued on. So much for being a great rolemodel. Always one for having fun, goofing off at times and acting almost idiotically at times; the woman had to set an example for her kids. In her first months in Nova Scotia, partying and smoking had been one of the things she did. Now all of that stuff was taken from her life, not that she minded though. She picked her son up just the same as Rain had to Lux. Quinn whimpered from being taken from the spot that he was warmest. Her pink tongue brushed over the tiny male's body. Sam did the same to Lux. She pulled her body right up to Rain's resting her head in the space between his neck and shoulders. A gentle smile played over her lips, warm and happy. So many things these days made her absolutely exhausted. In the dark of their den, Sam felt happy. "I'm tired..." Her eyes closed, but not to sleep. Just to rest. So much memories to recollect. "Tell me about before you met me. Any love interests you had. Anything." She also had many stories yet to tell him. Some embarrassing and a little silly, some good. Some not as pleasant. This was the time for talking. To know more about eachother. Her jewelry that she wore had become much more, Sam wore the necklace Naniko gave her at the ceremony as well as the bracelets Jackson and Rain had given her. They were eternally precious to her and they would be horribly missed if something happened to them.

Lux was bigger than Quinn by much, Quinn must've been the last one born. Both were growing fast. She knew nothing of their heritage, but somehow they looked like they had larger ears and leaner muzzled; suggesting some coyote in their heritage. Quinn's eyes looked as if they would be an orange color. Lux's eyes were a pretty blue, the young Luperci didn't know if they would change or not. She snuggled her family close to her, feeling completely close and content to be near them all. Samantha accepted Lux and Quinn as their own, ivory hands ran over his cheek softly. Sam was quiet, thinking of the ceremony and how well it went, how she had been mated to the one perfect man and she was only a mere misfit. "I still ask myself, why me? I have many problems and things you don't know. I feel like talking." Her muzzle moved to his chest and she let out a small sigh. They were still happy but things had settled down. Life had a routine and Sam was only just getting used to it. Feed the kids, make sure they don't harm themselves, do some work, gather herbs for a salve, and so on. She had almost no time with her mate. "I love you." The words were said softly, they had no doubt or worry for their relationship. "But sometimes don't you think we don't have enough time for eachother? Life has gotten really complex." A hand reached to grasp one of his, never wanting to let go of the man who had won her over. "Tell me a story. Or a memory. Anything." She wrapped the furs around her lean physique, a chill was felt through her fur. Sam's fur was getting thicker by the week, finding that some days the woman wasn't so cold. A yawn came and she looked into the silver and teal eyes of her man. Why did he have to be so perfect? He was laying beside someone battered and beaten, whip scars all over her back and stomach. Her body ached, she could barely move. Rain would have to look after her for a short while. Afraid to be a burden, Samantha would push to help herself and stun the healing. Defeated, the woman just had to lay there. "Rain...I just don't want to lose you."

table by cactus; code by the Mentors!

<style>
.samfirework { background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/ing17n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:470px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:357px 0px 10px 0px; color:#e2898a; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #cdabac;}
.samfirework b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.samfirework p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.samfirework p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.samfirework .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Rain felt Sam tense and knew she was in pain. She wouldn't tell him who hurt her knowing he would hunt them down and kill them for nurting her. The day she came home covered in her own blood was the day he vowed to himself she would never go out alone again. He watched her as she rode out the pain before laying back down. He put a hand on her waste softly but felt the warmth of her blood coat his fingers. He handed her lux before getting up and getting the paste of numbing healing plants to put on her wounds. Rain didn't have alot of medical knowledge but he had enough to take care of his mates wounds. "Sam babe..... if you can sit up I will treat your wounds. I know your tired baby girl. I'll let you rest after I have them cleaned salved and wrapped. Life before you.... hmmmm. My life was very negative before you. I was so angry at the world before you. I had lost my sister a few months earlier, the events in Aniwaya had left me feeling guilty. Shiloh did not deserve what I did to her. Meeting you was the best thing to happen to me. I never thought I would be here right now, mated to a beautiful woman and have two beautiful pups." he said softly as he dipped a rag in some warm water that he had set over the low fire. The warm water would fight any infection Sam might have.

She had so many lash marks and he dabbed at her softly and the water quickly turned red from his mates blood. It saddened him knowing he had failed to protect her. He was quite for a while but then started talking after she told him of her feelings. "You keep saying that. Why you? Well why not you? I know we still don't know much about each other but you are my life Sam. You make me whole. I still owe you a story about Germany. Where I lived we had rolling country sides. I lived on a farm, my father a blacksmith, the best in all of Germany. People would come from all over for his bracelts and weapons. I was going to be his successer. Everything changed when the war broke out, making my father fear for our lives. We sold everything to come here. My mother died on the trip over here, giving me her bracelet. My father, my sister and i traveled her from the coast but we were caught in a snow storm and got separated. You know the rest," he said as he wrapped her front and her back in absorbant furs.

After she was wrapped up Rain cuddled her close and licked her before taking Lux from her to hold then pup close. He knew they weren't full wolf, their muzzles longer then normal. They had some red in their fur but Lux had some white and grey like her mother. Quinn was more like his father with brown and red fur, page ears and muzzle. He cuddled Lux close and watched the pup yawn and curl up in his arms. He smiled and licked her softly before licking Sam.
[html]
:3 oh and how do we get the mate icons?? I'm confused-this is a crap post. It's real short. Bus posting = not fun.

Sam smiled weakly as he offered to help. "Thanks...I don't know what I'd do without you." After he had scrubbed away the wounds and fended off infection, she lay herself back onto the furs. His words echoed in her mind. He had a hard life, but since she had come along, he had found peace. A frown crossed her delicate features as he wondered why she always asked that. "I ask because you are perfect. I used to be a drunk. I smoked and I got into trouble. There was this one particular night, I was foolish yes. I got really drunk and I ended up sleeping with a stranger." It was before she ha met Rain. She touched his face softly. "I was foolish, a misfit. Waking up after and having headaches, waking up in someone else's bed. I regret all of that. Ever since I met you I stopped all that. I settled down." The pain was numbed by the salve that he had rubbed on her injuries, she yawned and ram a finger down the backs of her children. Soon enough they would be able to play and run. But now they were tiny helpless bundles.Samantha licked his cheek and pressed her small body closer, drawn towards the warmth and her love.

The woman looked at her new home, the dark and mysterious caves of Anathema, she never did expect to live here, to feel the life all around her. The shewolf felt wonder and curiosity. So much things she didn't know.

<style>
.blood .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#f48e8e; }
.blood p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.blood b {color:#f6e8e8; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#7e4b4b 0em .1em 0em;  }
.blood .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.blood {background-color:#964040; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:459px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius: 20px; border-top-left-radius:20px; margin-bottom:-2px; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; color:#ceaeae;}
.blood .bborder {width:459x; border 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>this beautiful table was given to me by Gen.
[/html]
"What you used to do and what you do now are two different things Sam. I don't judge you on what you did before me. You don't judge me on what I did before you. I love you Sam. I love everything good or bad. Now please don't doubt my love for you or why I happen to love you. You are my woman and no one will ever take you from me. Now shush and get some rest while both Lux and Quinn are asleep. I will hunt for us. You are not to leave anathema. I can't lose you. Not like before. Not ever," he whispered, stroking the fur above her breasts. He was scared to touch any other part of her, knowing she had bruises and small cuts all over.

He wanted who did this to his mate. He wanted blood for the pain they caused her but he knew it was best for him not to know. Sam knew he would find them and kill them if he knew. She was protecting them and giving them a home by not telling him. And deep down he knew there was a different way of getting justice. She would have to talk to Nankio about it and have her look into it. He would get Sam to tell their alpha and seek justice that way.
[html]
TROLOLOL!

Samantha leaned into him, his touch was her undoing. He seemed hesitant to touch her, maybe her wounds were too great. "I'm glad we are honest with eachother. I am glad that we are mates." She wanted the woman that hurt her dead, the sadistic slaver who wanted to capture and sell her. And Sam couldn't help the slave tied to the back of the wagon escape. Cool anger riled up in her heart. This time she could tell her mate. "I don't know her name. She was just this dog. She hurt me because she wanted this." She held up the arm which had the silver bracelet that she had received from Rain. She had golden fur. I never expected her to be so cruel." She almost spat the last word. As quick as her anger came, it fled. She wouldn't leave the pack for a long time, not alone at least. She traced an finger down his neck and onto his chest idly, feeling the muscles and fine fur he had. The woman hated feeling vulnerable. She was so small and helpless. "I want to train. Be stronger." As much as she hated being the damsel in distress, she most likely couldn't change.

"I won't let you lose me." Samantha said the words with a smile, she wouldn't let him down. She tried closing her eyes, but she kept thinking of that whip cracking down on her, tearing away flesh as it withdrew from her body. The pain. Everything. Her wounds were numb, cleanly wrapped and infection-free. Her eyes wouldn't stay closed. "I can't sleep." She stated simply. It wouldn't help much to sleep away everything. She set Quintus back in his place where he slept, stretching her lean body as she sat up. A slight burning sensation followed but no real pain. She had passed out hours before in the caves, probably from shock and blood loss. In many ways the woman felt happy, she had her mate and children. A pack that would keep her safe. "Oh Rain, what am I to do?" Sam rested a white hand on his chest, feeling his steady strong heartbeat. Sam wanted to be his, and she already was. She closed her eyes, slowly to rest them. So many events happening in so little time. "I never imagined that I would have this life. That everything would be this perfect.

Table by Gen

<style>
.blood .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#f48e8e; }
.blood b {color:#f6e8e8; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#7e4b4b 0em .1em 0em;  }
.blood .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.blood {background-color:#964040; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:459px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius: 20px; border-top-left-radius:20px; margin-bottom:-2px; padding: 5px 10px 5px 10px; color:#ceaeae;}
</style>
[/html]

Rain knew she had been having nightmares and worried that she was going to run herself down and become weaker. She didn't have a name but she had the visuals. She could tell naniko about the woman and Naniko could go from there. Rain was hurting because he hadn't been able to protect her. She didn't argue with him about not leaving. He knew she needed rest. Her hand lay on his chest and he pulled her hand up and licked it."When you are about to walk without too much pain we will have to tell Nankio. She might be able to help us. I won't go after the woman who did this to you. My family come a before anything and we can't lose the pack. We need somewhere to live and going after this person would take this away from us. We will play it safe and go to our alpha. But your health means more to me right now. I know your having nightmares. Lay with me and i will protect you. She won't get you when i am with you," he said softly touching her face softly.

[html]
^ ^  

Aqua eyes stared into silver luminaries with a love so string and great. Samantha smiled and brought his hand up to her muzzle, resting her lean maw on the hand. "Yes. That sounds like a good idea. This man, he saved me. I never caught his name. He smelled of Ichika and Shiloh." It was an ebony coyote man, he had saved her and defended her from the evil witch who had attacked her. Her arm was dislocated for a while, but the man had tried to heal her. She still had to find and thank him. She crawled onto his chest, and curled around him. She would be warmer this way, and still be close to Rain. They were officially mates now. Bonded for forever. "I never question your love for me...I just love you so much." There is many other women out there...probably better at things than I am and prettier." She ran a long finger down his cheek. Touching the fur where white blended to grey. She would have long thin scars running horizontally over her lower back. Scars on her legs from when the woman drove the sword into her leg and twisted. Sam was so broken. She had to fight for her life, praying that she would not lose her mate and children. Quinn crawled over to them and resumed sleep beside his father, a yawn came from the tiny boy, again tired.

She licked the side of Rain's muzzle, gently showing her affection for the ivory and silver man. This was real. Their love. If anything were to sever the bond, life would be meaningless and dull. She sighed and pressed her head to his chest. Hearing the strong thud of life from his heart. It was lulling and rarer hypnotic. Her eyes started to close. Eyelids slowly lowering. She didn't want to just sleep though. Sam wanted to talk and confide in her new mate, be able to hear his voice and reply back. "I won't sleep until you do..." A soft small grin came across her maw, "I can't just sleep here when I have an angel beside me...distracting in a way." She traced the scars on his chest, idly feeling the soft skin.

Table by Gen

<style>
</style>
[/html]
So someone had saved her. Someone that had found Shiloh and.... and what? It was obvious that Saxif had left the scarred woman but for someone to find her and love her. It was what she deserved. Shiloh needed someone to love after what he did to her. He looked down at Sam. She would have scars on her back and he had found more on her legs that he had treated when she was unconscious. He had made her drink a fowl tasting tea but it left her numb and helped her sleep though most nights. She hadn't had her cup for the night and luckily he had left some within arms reach.

"Sam you are beautiful even with scars. You could look like Shiloh for all I care. I only see what's inside you. Not outside. Here. Take this. It will help with any lingering pain." he whispered softly holding up the cup. Rain wondered how much more pain Sam wasn't showing him, trying to be strong. He was worried about her, there had been so much blood, so many cuts and bruises. She walked around in pain and he had been sticking to the caves since he found her by the entrance of the caves. She was on bed rest but something was keeping her from sleeping soundly. She needed the rest badly but something as keeping her awake. "Are you scared to sleep Sam? Scared something will happen to you. You need your rest. You have gotten thinner since I found you. I am so worried.... he whispered nipping at her jawline.
[html]

Samantha gripped the warm cup of sickly smelling tea in her white hands, it was the same brew that Rain had given her for the last few nights. She drank from it, finishing the strong tea quickly. Sam gave a small smile, "I'm happy that you care for me...If this situation was reverse I would do the same for you, Rain." She clutched his hand and rolled back to her spot on the bed, no longer as close and clingy. The puppies were asleep at the moment, the woman envied their ability to sleep in any situation. She reached for one of his hands and brought it up to her heart. "I'm still strong, Rain. I won't die on you. Not until we are both crusty and old. Not until we forget who we are and start chasing random people and confronting them about our pasts." She kissed his hand and held it close to her. Chuckling at her own words. He was concerned, she could feel it. It was thick in his voice and she felt bad. It was her fault for venturing out alone. To be so clumsy and fall and twist her leg. To ask for help from someone who was sadistic and cruel.

The ivory fatale gazed at her mate as he asked her about why she was having sleepless nights. "I-I don't know...I don't know what's wrong with me. I guess I just want to be up to be near you. To hear your voice and feel your touch. I can't do that when I'm asleep." Her tail wagged and brushed against the floor of the den, their bed was low an that was a splendid thing. The kids couldn't fall and hurt themselves. She tried closing her eyes once again, but she really wasn't going to try sleep. Just try to rest herself. Regain her strength and get back the life she lost.

<style type="text/css">
.sammyflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#ac4758; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8c3645; }
.sammyflower p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sammyflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#e6baba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/070he.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 316px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b35d6c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.sammyflower p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.sammyflower p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]