Pirates!
No more replies until I finish writing mine please. Not trying to be rude, this will just take time to write and I don't want anything hasty said. >_>

Too late! XD
I don't see any hostility Cait, I was offering points of advice. 'Souls is realism based so I was bringing up those same concerns that the 'SA may have. To look over the RP Guide you would see that they went in depth with their articles to play out the realism aspect in it all. I just wanted to make certain that this person realized that they would be judged upon that as well.

Sorry Melissa, did not see you post before I added up this bit.
Honestly I don't feel like there is much hostility and can see why Symera might be concerned and I'm glad she pointed these things out to me I just felt it was a bit early in the process for her to over analyze so many things, so I may have come off as rude but that wasn't my intent. I'd love to have time to write up my idea before any judgement's are made and I'm glad people are showing interest.

Edit: Also creating a "permanent" character that you will drop later is my definition of temporary, I'm not quite sure of the boards so that is why I said temporary. If that isn't the case then I'm looking for permanent characters of peoples own creation based off the back story around the ship that I'll be creating. How or why they joined the crew is up to them but beyond the point of joining will be a history I create, which can be looked over and changed if anyone has concerns with it.
It is totally fine hun, I didn't read you as rude. I don't put emotions to words but take them literally. I'm a fairly neutral person when it comes to emotions and don't typically feel anything unless it is to an extreme degree. And I was bringing up the concerns because the 'SA looks for realism. I didn't want you turned away because they didn't consider it plausible enough.

Also yeah, I can totally understand that. I thought you meant temporary characters as what was had for the war. With that there you don't really need the 'SA's permission then and it is all up to each individual to make certain that they can get the characters. So yeah, you can ignore everything I said about gaining permission and stuff. You are free for your own personal plot stuff and all. I would still suggest some research to make things plausible though.
My eyes are bleeding from reading through the Wiki and RP Guide, I really want this to work out. XD
Awwe hun, I know just how that is. I over-research about everything. That is just because I know research went into making the trade map. I'm not sure why no one comes straight across and so that is why I suggested looking into seeing why that was. If they didn't know to do so or if it simply weren't possible to do so. I just don't want to see you hindered upon some small point. Just think about how much research originally went into making those guides just so you have a quick turn to. If you really want I can help you out on the realism bit because I do have an over-analytical mind.
Okay, I'll come up with some questions for you to scrape your brain with in a bit. Smile
Okay hun, if you want I can try to figure out who did the map and see why they all go to Barbados.
That would be fantastic! Also I'm compiling a list of resources I've been using:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junk_(ship)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Ocean
http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/soulsverse/travel/worldtravel/

I'll edit them into the first post for easier access.
Okay I asked for you.

Quote:    main port-like town
    it's easier to drift south and follow the current of the atlantic from like, portual-barbados than it is to cut straight across the ocean

That was the answer that I got for why they go to Barbados.

Quote:Link #1
Link #2
Link #3

And some links that I was given. Was told the last one was a good map.

So yeah, it seems they go to Barbados because it takes too much effort to go across.
Updated the first post with rank descriptions. The "ranks" won't necessarily be used as a ranking system but rather ideas for what your characters can be aboard the ship. Working on the ships description and editing the history right now, which I am still adding to.
I don't really sense immense hostility so much as just misunderstanding and miscommunication. Sylvey's trying to help make sure that this idea would be a good, reasonable, and realistic one. I'm not sure of the possibility of getting temporary characters granted for this idea, but it's worth a try I suppose. *shrug*

Either way, pirates are a cool idea, even though they've been done before. I'm sure with the right plot and interest, you can have a fun pirate-based mini-plot going, temp-characters or not. :>
Holy crap, I got shadowposted like a million times. xD Ignore meee~~

(but i love pirates!!)

edit: nevermind, no, for some reason the forum just acted like Cait's post was the newest one... derp. Tongue
EARLY history of the ship that will be added to.

Quote:The history of Ocean's Dishonor dates back to the mid-20th century, where the original crew made up of  human traders travelled around Asia and through the Red Sea to Cairo on the spice route. The junk went by a different name then which has been lost over time along with its crew.

The ships rebirth began in a Luperci occupied world; a pirate trader by the name of Conroy Jones—Captain Jones to the crew—discovered the dilapidated ship amongst the docks of Barbados—it had been taken from London in the early 1980's and was being transported to the States to become an installation in a museum. It never made it that far though and had remained in Barbados until 1996 when Captain Jones came along. He already owned a much smaller vessel and crew but was hoping with the treasure he had won that he could expand and the foreign furls of the Chinese junk—that he would deem Ocean's Dishonor—allured him. He soon commissioned for it to be mended using the crews payment and within weeks was able to set sail throughout the Caribbean. His crew, not happy that their money had been squandered for a “long term investment”, soon overthrew their captain and since then has gone through many changes in its command, maybe only one or two of the original crew remaining.

Now the ship is captained by (YOU?) with a large crew of twenty.
Heh, it's okay Bobbi. We all moved onto a different page was all. But yeah, that is really what I was trying to do since I know that the 'SA looks for realism and with how it had been phrased before I thought this was something that needed to be submitted to the 'SA for approval. But after the explanation I see now that we were thinking of temporary characters in two different ways. I was thinking she meant like how they were used for the war plot while she was meaning that they were auxiliary characters that people tried to achieved on their own and then dropped or not after the main portion of the plot was over and done with.

So yeah, under the assumption that it would have to be taken to the 'SA for approval then I wanted to make sure that she was thinking realistically and that everything being presented is plausible so that those wouldn't be things that would be called out on and result in a denial. So yeah, just a huge misunderstanding. But I'm glad that others didn't see hostility where I didn't mean for there to be any but where I am just blunt and straight forward, using specific words for their literal definitions instead of mincing words.

Melissa, are you using a real boat or what? *is confused if the history is stating a real, famous ship or not* But yeah, do you have a picture of what the boat looks like?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junk_(ship)#Asian_trade

Read 20th century junks. They were used for long voyages and earlier trade and battle so I'd imagine they would be used for the spice route as well as long sea voyages, especially from what I've read on wiki. And the ship I created isn't historical or anything, just something I made up based from fact and fiction, but realistic all the same.
Ah okay, heh... I thought you could have been totally quoting something from the wiki which is why I asked. I don't really know my boats. But yeah, that totally works. Just didn't know if you were basing off a ship already in existence or not.
Yeah... I'm not into plagiarism. Tongue
Totally understand. I like the write up which is why I was curious if you were basing around a real vessel or not since there have been a number of known pirates throughout the times. I'm coastal NC so of course I hear about Edward Teach and the Queen Anne's Revenge.
....STILL GOT DIBS ON CAPTAIN. Big Grin

...and still totally not a part of the discussion, simply because big ooc paragraphs scar the bejeesus outta me. D: