Old Blood New Ties
[html]

This is my first table, so please excuse it's crappiness

The time spent in Halifax was going rather well so far. Amy had managed to find a couple books (not that she bothered reading them) and some old paints. She didn't know how much value they would have to the tribal girl she kept, but the paint they had wouldn't last indefinitely. Amy had no idea how the paint was made, just that the slave had added some herbs to it and it was probably made of stuff from the arctic. The girl wouldn't be so lucky down here, so the paints Amy had found would have to do.

Proudly Amy sat on the roof of one of the deserted buildings, looking around. She was on the south side of the city, looking into the wilderness in front of her. Amy had no definite plans about how long she would stay in Halifax, but the idea of starting to travel so soon seemed a waste. There was still so much she could get from the city before she moved on. Humans had really been huge wasters, with more than they could ever use. Amy benefited from that, and even with plans to return she tried to grab as many of the items as she could. The only real shame in the matter was that there was no one around who could truly appreciate the situation. The canines in the land were absolute savages, and the single slave she owned had never left the tribe. Amy was alone in the glee of what she knew.

Amy Sunders

<style>
.amy1 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.amy1-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#701414; text-shadow:#380808 0px 0px 5px;}
.amy1 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.amy1 b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.amy1 {background-color:#AA4E4E; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.amy1-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.amy1 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Tammi edit: I edited the colours a little bit so they were easier to read. ^^
[html]

WC:000+ / Ohai. xD Teo's being a dork.

Matteo had been making fequent trips to Halifax, despite having found and brought home Gemma finally; however, now he left with an uneasy mind. Each time he left the tribe's territory, Camilla had been informed to stay near Gemma at all times, to make sure she didn't run off again, and to make sure she was comfortable and intent on staying until he returned.

His side-job for Inferni required some... assistance at times.

The boy rode along atop Jericho's blanketed back, enjoying the wind in his fur as they galloped towards Halifax at a steady, quick pace. It wasn't until he reached the edge of the city that he noticed something strange; a girl sat up high on the roof of one of the old buildings, looking out onto the forested area behind him. Normally, this wouldn't stop him in his tracks, but today it seemed... vaguely unusual. With the cooler weather setting in, how could she stand to be so high up?

He hushed Jericho into stopping at the far edge of the building, far enough back that he didn't have to lean too far to look up at her. Curious, he kept silent, looking up and flicking his ears forward; would she jump or something? Grinning sarcastically, he decided to greet the girl, instead of seeming the creeper.

Hey lady! Don't jump! It's not worth it! He yelled up to her, waving a hand over his head as he did. His tone was sarcastic, joking even and a small laugh at the end of his comment made sure to let her know that he didn't actually believe her to be so stupid. He hoped she'd come down, maybe talk... if it meant he'd have some company today, then by all means.

<style type="text/css"> .matteoyote b {font-weight:bold; color:#f3ccd4; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow:#68757a 1px 1px 1px;} .matteoyote p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .matteoyote .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center;} .matteoyote {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#b5ccd4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yd2Yv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #68757a; padding: 300px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#68757a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here comes the monster

Amy's ears flicked forward as she watched a hybrid arrive on wolf pack. His fur was a beautiful pure white. She rather liked it, and even better he seemed to be slightly civilized. The canine was wearing clothes! Amy had learned not to expect such things from those around her, so coming across someone who actually did that was a pleasant surprise. When he arrived in shouting distance her opinion of him shifted though. His words were rather rude. Even if the hybrid had the outward appearance of civility, he appeared to be just as bad as the rest.

Just to bug him Amy considered jumping off the building. She wouldn't harm herself, just aiming for a window below that she could swing herself into. The thought was childish though, so Amy restrained herself and instead politely climbed down to where they could converse more easily. As she approached him the scent tickled the back of her mind. Amy frowned, trying to figure it out. The scent was almost familiar, but not quite. Have we met before?

Amy Sunders

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ / Teo remembers his manners! Big Grin

Teo grinned as the girl moved to climb down and then approached. Like a true gentleman, he dismounted as she did, holding Jericho by the reigns and nodding his head low to her. Signorina. He greeted charismatically, despite his rude first impression. I don't believe we have... He hummed after she spoke, tail flicking.

My name's Matteo. Matteo Trovato. I've never seen you around before; are you new in town? His voice held a noticable Italian accent, though it was mixed with traces of the local speech from his time spent.

The mare lowered her head to nudge his shoulder idly, watching the stranger with a rather bored, uncaring expression. Jericho had been enjoying the ride with her coydog. Why had this strange woman stopped them? Luperci were so strange.

<style type="text/css"> .matteoyote b {font-weight:bold; color:#f3ccd4; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow:#68757a 1px 1px 1px;} .matteoyote p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .matteoyote .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center;} .matteoyote {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#b5ccd4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yd2Yv.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #68757a; padding: 300px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#68757a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

OOC

Amy stared in shock after hearing the coydog's name. It couldn't be. It simply wasn't possible. The Trovato brothers were dead. Everyone knew that. Their parents had been deep in mourning. Yet here this male stood before her, claiming differently. His manners were eloquent, despite his initial rudeness, and he did have an Italian accent. If this truly was the lost prize of the Trovato clan she had to wonder how he'd gotten here. His family would surely be pleased to hear he was alive and well, if a little uncivilized by his time here. That was to be expected though. The savages even rubbed off on her, making her spend less time on her manners.

With effort she managed to stop staring. Forgive me. Yes, I am new in town. My name is Amy Sunders. She paused, glancing back up into his eyes. If this was true, Amy was fortunate indeed. She wouldn't be alone in this wilderness. Someone who understood would have appeared. Tell me, are you truly a Trovato? One of the prized brothers of the clan? Her tail wagged softly behind her, excited to have come across something like this.

Amy Sunders

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ / ...xD btw, can you read this table okay?

Sunders? That sounded... familiar. Where have I heard that name before? Teo flicked his ears forward and was about to respond to her introduction when suddenly, she questioned his own name... and then brought up his past.

For a moment, he hesitated; did he really want someone who knew of his family knowing he was alive? He knew that the family business was his the moment he stepped back into Italy. He was the heir. Even Giuseppe had that birthright, though he wasn't named next in line.

Sunders... wasn't that the name of one of his father's friends? Could this girl be related? It was likely; her voice told him that she, herself, was from across the ocean. Maybe...

Uh... He blurted dumbly, not sure how to respond. Yes. My parents were Draco and Carissa Trovato. He admitted, though his voice held a certain hesitence to it; he hoped she wouldn't ship him off to Italy again. His life here was far more... adventurous than gang killings and politics.

Why? Were you a friend of the family?

[html]

OOC Can read it just fine

Amy could hardly believe her ears. Her tail wagged even harder at his words. She had discovered one of the great Trovatos, an heir to the fallen empire. “I worked with them, yes. You're the little boy that they mooned over, right? They were already planning your wedding back then.” Amy giggled at the memory. She had just been a year old herself when she'd heard the discussion. His parents had been arranging a marriage between him and some girl from a rich family. She didn't know who, though she remembered being offered on the platter. If they had attempted to carry that through though, dear Matteo wouldn't be alive. She was nobody's bargaining chip. That's why she came here.

Pleased Amy bobbed her head slightly, a mark of respect to someone of the same rank as her. There was still the question of how he'd survived though. "Exactly what happened? We were told you were dead. If your parents were still alive, I'd be sending them a letter to let them know you're alright." It would have been an excellent bargaining chip for future business deals. It would have put Amy in control of a small sample of that vast Trovato empire, even if it was simply through gratitude of returning their heir. It was a shame the mighty empire had collapsed.

Amy Sunders

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ / D:

Ugh, don't remind me. He groaned, remembering the arrangements clear as day. Of course, that had all been thrown out the window after his father had caught him with Giuseppe...

For once, Teo felt some relief for the torture he'd endured; at least here, he'd been able to figure out love the old fashioned way. He'd have been lost without Gemma... and in a way, Alaki, too.

Then Amy asked him what had happened and his expression stoned, an almost perfect mimic of his father for a moment. Family business, I'm afraid. All you need to know is that the story of mine and Giuseppe's death was a cover for something. He'd never, ever tell her the real reason; that he'd been banished alongside his brother for the deeds Giuseppe had done... the sins.

Quickly changing the subject, he stood a bit taller. So what brings you to Halifax, Amy? It's a long ways from home. I never expected to meet an old aquaintence around these parts. After a moment, his mind couldn't help but click. ...there's not trouble back home, is there? Suddenly, the thought of going home appealed to him; as much as he hated Italy's way of life... he moreso hated the fact that he'd been absent for the death of his immediate family. Had he have been there...

[html]

OOC here!

Matteo reacted exactly the way she expected, stone walling her from the inner workings of the Trovato family. Even through death and a sea apart the family worked in harmony protecting itself. That was something Amy had never experienced, pitched against her family in a constant competition for power. There was no heir, for there was no single kingdom to inherit. Each child was taught the skills they shone the most in, and chose a career that way. It was much more freeing than the life many criminal families had, but also stripped away the closeness that usually bonded them together. It gave Amy the courage to start life anew in America, but also emphasized how utterly alone she was.

She cocked her head to the side at Matteo's question. "I suppose you could say the same about my business, except it's not familywise." Amy smiled softly, enjoying the piece of fear in Matteo's voice. He might be a Trovato, but he had weaknesses that his parents hadn't had. "As for what's happened in Italy, it is your family's business. Wouldn't you know best?" Amy phrased it as an open trade. The information he requested in exchange for the answer he'd withheld. "I'll just tell you I came here because I was bored. Europe was...changing." She'd let him try to figure out what she meant by that one.

Amy Sunders

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ / ooc

A proposito di tempo dannatamente ha fatto, anche. Matteo muttered under his breath at her last statement, his voice showing a sort of bitterness towards his homeland. Europe's flawed. The way of life around there is too human. Just a bunch of luperci trying to play it off as if they're human. He explained, ears flicking back. Maybe America's a savage land, but at least there's potential here. And he left it at that, quickly making to change the subject.

Besides, I have my own problems here to deal with. The Trovato clan's not dead, it just needs a change in power. If my family can't pull itself together over there, then it'll survive over here just fine. He wasn't entirely sure how he'd manage to raise an empire like his parents had ruled, but so far he'd made more friends than enemies. That meant something, right?

Speaking of... I don't suppose you've been by any of the packs yet? Anathema, maybe? His tone ventured into business, flicking the rest of his personal woes off to the side for the time being. Maybe this Amy girl could... prove to be useful. Despite her keeping secrets (something he found amusing, considering the way he'd been doing the same thing), Teo felt that she'd have the skills and knowledge enough to be of some use towards Alaki's threat. Maybe not the final answer to his problems... but a helping paw.

[html]

OOC

Amy's lips curled back in disgust at Matteo's words. Europe was not too humanoid in her opinion, but the Trovatos had run a different part of society. Hers had dealt with the underbelly. Amy was intimate with the savagery and deprivery of the canines in Europe. She'd seen them at their most savage and at their most docile. True, some of them went beyond what was considered natural. Amy had sold things to canines that loved pain, and dealt with suicides. None of those were natural, despite their dark nature.

His next words brought a slight smile to her lips. That was a business tone if she'd ever heard one. Anathema... Amy mused over his words, trying to figure out whether or not she'd met that pack. If the truth was to be told, Amy hadn't bothered finding out any of the pack names. They were all the same to her, mere members of the kingdom she would build. Whether or not they acknowledged her in that way didn't matter. They served her needs, and in exchange Amy let them keep the illusion of being free. If they challenged her, that would be a different matter.

She shook her head softly. I've visited all of the northern packs, but I didn't bother learning their names. It was not necessary for my business. Amy didn't care if two packs were at war with each other. Amy would sell to both and reap the benefits of the destruction that followed. Why do you ask? She knew it was business, and pretending it was still casual was a mere formality.

Amy Sunders

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ /omnom business.

They're the cave dwellers to the north. Anathema, led by Naniko D'Angelo and Alaki, a couple of wolves with their heads too far up their asses to know which way's up half the time. He growled, showing a bit of fang as he did. It was a casual tone, though, making it off to be idle conversation to anyone that passed them by.

Alaki's the real annoyance, though. He's had the balls to chase my fiance out of our own home while I was out one night. She's home now, but he'll probably be back to cause more trouble later. A quick overview of his problem, though the way he spoke of it was as if he'd get it dealt with eventually, one way or another. A true listener would be able to pick out his intent, though.

I'd probably pay a nice fee if by some chance... he had an accident. An honest shame it'd be, considering the potential he had once, but you of all people would understand; sometimes even the minor annoyances can prove to be problematic. His tone shifted to something eerily akin to his father, dark intent flashing past dual-colored eyes. There was no doubting it; Matteo wanted Alaki dead. He'd terrified Gemma, chased her away and invaded the place he'd decided to call home. No flithy wolf would get away with such blantent acts of spite against a Trovato, not matter how much Matteo had loved him at one point.

He's dead to me now. Might as well make him dead to everyone else too, right? Oh, sick thoughts. Teo just wasn't the same boy he'd been growing up anymore. He had certainly turned out to be a more modern version of his father, even if he was relatively more patient and open-minded than the man that had sired him. Still... Draco would've been proud.

[html]

OOC

A bark of laughter burst from Amy's lips. So this was the heir Draco had so carefully raised! She was impressed by his dark nature, the casual way that he introduced death into the conversation. If he was in Italy Amy was sure he would be in control of the empire right now. No, even better, dear Matteo would probably have prevented the collapse in the first place. She was honored to be before someone of such absolute darkness. It was nowhere near her own, but Amy could still appreciate it. He was a true Trovato, through and through.

An accident truly would be a shame, wouldn't it? Jovially Amy nodded her head sagely, pretending that it truly was an accident they were discussing. Especially since it's a leader in a pack. I suppose someone would have to step in to take his place, wouldn't they? Amy understood the necessities of clearing away annoyances. She'd killed for lesser offences than Matteo described. There was just one problem. Amy had left that game. She was not a pawn to be played with, and she intended to make that clear.

Changing her stance Amy glanced sharply at Matteo. For a moment she dropped her mask of civility, letting cold eyes of death stare into his. He needed to understand who he was dealing with. Amy was not a toy to use and discard. An accident would be a shame indeed, would it not? Amy was not referring to the Anathema leader anymore.

Amy Sunders

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ / Hope the PP's okay? D: If not, I'll change it.

He returned her stare easily, not at all intimidated or shot down; simply impressed. This girl knew how to act and how to hold her own. Good. What's a moment of 'oops' between friends, huh? He smirked darkly, then turned to walk in the direction of the house she'd been standing on before. Let's continue this in privacy. The walls have ears, afterall. He spoke smoothly, clicking his tongue for Jericho to follow. The mare followed him with an uncaring stare, not at all in tune with the conversation.

Teo led the way into the building's more stable hallway and glanced back over his shoulder, stopping to tie Jericho's reigns to one of the old support beams and then moving to lean against an old counter. Let's get straight to the point, hm? I need Alaki dead and you have the skills to do it. I have plenty to offer in return; my ears and eyes wherever you need them, body guards if you ever feel hunted, a safe house to return to in case times get rough. I know the territories around here by the back of my paw and I know each pack by name and code. Then, he paused.

...And if you did this, you'd be the first alliance formed to the new Trovato lineage. I can promise you a high seat once I have my affairs in order. We could do as our parents had; split the territories equally and work at eachothers' sides to add some society to the savages of Nova Scotia. What do you say? You get rid of this guy and any witnesses, I give you the key to the city. The deal was offered; time to negotiate.

[html]

OOC Waa, the answer was an absolute no!

The offer was tempting in a way she hadn't experienced in a while. It was the reason why she'd worked as an assassin in the first place. The offer of power and the wealth promised for a single death was so great, despite the fact that taking a single life meant so little to her. Amy stood, considering the offer. She could use all the things Matteo promised, but Amy had retired. She hadn't liked working underneath someone else, and that was exactly what Matteo proposed. An alliance would be useful, but she'd have to forge it in another way.

Your offer is tempting, to say the least. I could arrange an accident, and what you offer is quite grand. Amy paused, letting her words sink in. I'm afraid I will have to decline though. If what you say is true, I've already made a bit of noise there. Going back so soon would be bad for my health. I can give you what you would need, however. It was with great reluctance she turned him down, for Amy could feel the power of the Trovato clan alive and well inside this small hybrid. Perhaps we could still work together, but I'm afraid I've retired from doing other people's dirty work. It wasn't nice, but it was the truth. She was no one's pet.

Amy Sunders

[/html]