Come home.
[html]

Sorry for the wait! D: Backdated to the 25th, sometime in the early evening.

Visiting Inferni had been... eventful. He'd met and spoken with Ezekiel, the king of the fire clan, and the two had come to a sort of... unspoken agreement; Matteo's loyalties were, yet again, divided. This time in a much more serious manner, one that could end with him being beheaded by either the fire clan... or the tribe.

He wouldn't let it worry him, though. His travels home were far more important. Yet again, he found himself thankful of Jericho's loyalty and endurance. The two had travelled a fair distance since he'd brought her home with him and the mare still had energy to spare. He was lucky to have such a well-bred steed.

He was almost home; the Serena Reserve marked the last stretch of the long journey back from Inferni and by now the scent of the clan had all but vanished. Once again, he found himself emmersed in the smells of natural good; spices and herbs, the hot scent of a burning fire, the sweet smells of damp wood and thick moss. Yes, this was home.

But Jericho wasn't invincible. The boy pulled her to a stop, despite her will to keep going. Teo knew she needed a rest after all that time spent travelling and he wouldn't mind one either; stretching his legs would do him some good and he figured he'd walk the rest of the way.

He dismounted with a grunt and as soon as he did, his mind flicked back to the true reason for his constant departures from AniWaya; Gemma. She'd vanished into thin air one night, after Alaki's visit to the tribe. No one had seen her since then and the albino was worried sick about her. ...Gemma... where are you? Surely she couldn't have gone far?

<style type="text/css"> .Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; } .Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;} .Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;} .Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;} .Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;} .Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;} </style>
#00+
[/html]
You reply to the other thread right now >:|
5+

The beautiful pathetic fae was awoken by hoof beats upon leaf litter and the snorts and grunts of a horse, one of the many animals that she feared. She was sequestered up high in an aged tree of oak that still miraculously held some of its leaves despite their orangey yellow colors they held against the still wind for just a while longer yet. In the short time that she had been alone the woman had learned a lot about herself and how she functioned as an individual. She had done a lot better on her own this time around than she had done before arriving at Anathema.

She soundlessly shifted her position to better see who it was that was riding near to the tree that she now considered hers but the blanket of leaves obscured her view whilst at the same time hiding her. Alaki's threat now seemed like a million years ago and she found that it didn't bother her as much as it had done when she had first seen him. Short snowy hair glowed with a lushness that came with pride and self confidence even a small amount. The holes of missing fur upon her front side and arms were no longer totally bald now, a short covering of fur about a centimeter long now resided there, a fact that she was glad of. she wouldn't be completely happy until it had all grown back however and she was shethed once again from the air's chill.

Although only a month ago in time, the death of her children was a fading image at the back of her mind. Oh, she would never ever forget them of course but they were gone now and there was nothing else she could do for them, better to let them lay in piece. Only a month and she was ready to move on and try again, such was her mind of thought, it was not that she did not care but that she saw no reason to dwell on that which she could not change. The empty hole in her soul would always exist but that did not mean she had to suffer until the end of her life.

Coyote ears pulled forwards as an all too familiar masculine voice whispered across the air below her. It had been a long time ago that she had scaled this tree and so her scent had faded from the ground and its bark, maybe that was why he did not smell her? She didn't know and she wasn't about to wait around until he departed. Standing on her branch she began to climb down the tree's height quickly finally jumping the last ten or so feet. She landed in a crouch as her legs absorbed the momentum, she imagined his face would be a picture to laugh at as she had literally dropped from the sky in front of him. The woman let out a wild, wordless cry and threw her arms around his neck.
[html]

Yes, ma'am! D:

The sudden shuffle and scrape of claws and fur against bark made Matteo freeze, hand on his belt, ready to draw his knife. Then, as he turned to look, a white blur shot down past his face and he let out a cry of shock. Behind him, Jericho spooked and cantered away, making distance between the two luperci and herself.

Teo stepped back with a rumble in his throat, but it died as soon as he felt her arms around him. Gemma?! The boy gasped, eyes wide. He snapped his arms around her and shoved his face into the curve of her neck, not taking a moment to question her sudden appearance. Porca puttana! He cursed, a grin working its way onto his face quickly as he hugged her, lifting her up to twirl once before setting her back down and laughing.

Where have you been? Are you okay? They were only the first of many questions as he pulled back to look her over, smile waning towards worry for a moment. I've been worried sick about you! Looking everwhere. His voice dropped down into a more controlled tone, and then he moved to pull her into yet another tight hug. Mi sei mancata tanto. He murmured in Italian, not realizing the change in languages again as his shock finally started to wear off.

Nearby, Jericho watched on in confused amazement; one moment he was growling and the next, her rider was hugging the random flying chick? What the hell was going on here? She made a grunting snort in irritation towards the pair, but turned afterwards to rummage along the ground for any lingering grass stalks. Luperci were strange creatures; she'd accepted this by now.

<style type="text/css"> .Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; } .Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;} .Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;} .Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;} .Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;} .Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;} </style>
#00+
[/html]
lol Gemma is so strange XD and this post =failure
300+

She had been right, his face was a picture and she did laugh at it, unconcerned by the sight of the horse cantering off a short way. When had he gotten a horse? Delighted giggles came from her mouth as he breathed her name and shoved his cold nose against her neck. He swore in Italian, of course she had picked up some of the language, and picked her up and swung her about making her feel like the princess she claimed to be sometimes, Princess Gemma Sawtooth. Lingua! She chastised him in his own language, finding humor in the situation.

She shrugged at his questions, "I've been around and about. Hiding mainly from that awful girl. I was outside of AniWaya when this girl came up and asked if I would help her look for her little sister. So of course I said yes and I followed her. After a way I didn't know where I was and she suddenly turned on me and started shouting and calling me by someone else's name, Yashana i think. And then she chased me! And I didn't know where I was or which way I was going. It was horrible. She was quick to fall back into the damsel in distress mode that she was so comfortable with, a small twinge of despair even creeping it's way into her voice as she told her lie with the splendor of an actor on Broadway. She pulled him tight as though traumatized by everything. "I've been trying to find my way back for the last few days, a kind man from a nearby pack pointed me in the right direction. But i'm so glad I found you again." A few crocodile tears fell from her eyes and her shoulders jerked with a supposedly hysterical sob, the silly woman being her normal self.
[html]

Edited cause Sky's a poopyhead metagamer. :/

Matteo's ears pricked forward. Had he not have known the truth already from piecing things together (Alaki's scent at the border, faint but still there the next day, the howl a night before, Gemma's sudden disappearance...), he would've believed her story without question. Instead, he frowned and narrowed an eye at her, but said nothing of the truth; instead, he pointed out her lie. Enough crocodile tears, Gemma. I can tell the difference, y'know. He moved to wipe away said tears and sighed through his nose, a smirk on his face. Don't lie to me. I've figured out what happened, for the most part. Naniko sent someone from Anathema to find us. He'd figured the truth, just not the whole truth. He did sort of figure Alaki to be behind it, though; why else would Naniko care so much about some deserters?

But he wasn't upset. He wasn't angry at her for trying to lie to him; he'd have done the same thing once. However, he was disappointed; why had she fled? Why hadn't she told him? He'd sworn to protect her and this? It was a bitter feeling.

...nevermind. You're back, that's all that matters. He stated firmly, more for his own good than hers. He moved a hand up to brush her cheek gently, then frowned and tapped her nose with the same hand. You had me worried sick. I've been all over the territories looking for you. He scolded, ears flicking back. I was ready to rage a one man war against Anathema, y'know. Would've been ugly. But his voice didn't match the scolding; he was too elated to have her back to be angry or upset.

#00+
[/html]